Metal's Curse

By JackalGirl_848

When Metal wakes up in the morning as an organic hedgehog, it takes a toll on him and he sets out to find out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

676 18 7
By JackalGirl_848

Metal walked out of the fast-food place he had chosen after finishing his food and walked on the sidewalk leading him out of the city. The whole time he was there, Metal did earn a few curious glances from some people, but they didn't get nosy enough to ask who he was and why he looks like Sonic. Metal assumed that they figured he wouldn't answer them, but was still grateful that they all left him alone. I hope Sonic won't start getting any suspicions later and decide to bombard me with questions. Metal thought. A strange beeping sound could be heard suddenly and Metal glanced down at his left wrist, seeing a blue spot on his inhibitor ring blinking and pressed his right index finger on it, a static sound being heard for a couple of seconds before it went silent. Metal sped at the city's borders and halted by the tree line, hearing Eggman grumbling to himself.

"Metal? Can you hear me?" Eggman's voice asked.

"Now I can, everything was in static at first." Metal replied.

"Good," Eggman said.

"Any reason why you called?" Metal asked him curiously.

"My distance sensors detected movement from that rodent Sonic passing by, I need you to go investigate and make sure he doesn't discover the base in case he decides to break into it," Eggman replied.

You've got to be kidding me! Metal held back the urge to shout those words out loud, but held his tongue and sighed quietly.

"Alright, I'm on my way." Metal said before he hanged up the call. "That rodent better not patronize me as he did to Shadow," he grumbled to himself before taking off, jumping from tree to tree as he did earlier when Sonic and Shadow were arguing.

Metal jumped and jumped on the trees before stopping on top of a branch, crouching down low to see Sonic now by himself, the heroic speedster glancing around like he was deciding on where to go or making sure Shadow wasn't around. He must've gotten away from Shadow. Metal thought.

"There's not many people who can stalk me without me noticing," Sonic said without looking at Metal.

Reluctantly, Metal jumped down from the tree and Sonic turned in his direction, smiling a little almost as if he was somewhat glad that Metal wasn't Shadow.

"Where's that emo hedgehog that chased you around?" Metal questioned Sonic.

"I managed to slip by him." Sonic chuckled. "Shadow may be fast, but he ain't very bright." he inquired.

"If you're no longer doing your patrol, what's preventing you from returning to whatever hole you crawled out of?" Metal replied, his right ear flickering in a showing that he was holding back the urge to attack Sonic.

"I like to explore around, the wilderness itself tends to drag me in a lot," Sonic told him. "The name's Sonic by the way." he introduced himself.

Like I don't know who you are. Metal thought sarcastically.

"Well, you're a few paces from entering my turf." Metal stated. "And like any wild animal that lives here, I tend to get very territorial," he said, narrowing his eyes to intimidate Sonic.

"You mean you seriously live here by yourself?" Sonic asked while tilting his head to the side a bit.

"I'm more or less what some call a 'lone wolf' if you must know." Metal lied, even though half of that was true.

"You'd probably get along with Shadow, he's almost the same way, but hangs out with a bat lady and a large robot." Sonic queried. "But why live in the woods?" he questioned Metal.

Bombarding me with questions, as expected.

"Why patronize me about my lifestyle?" Metal questioned, his fighting urges getting stronger.

"I tend to get curious about anyone new I run into," Sonic replied sheepishly. "Especially if they have super speed," he stated bluntly.

Metal then suddenly got an idea on how to lure Sonic away from the borders of Eggman's base. If Metal were to challenge Sonic into a race, it could somewhat speed up his task to make sure he won't discover the location of the base. It's hard to see who will win, but that doesn't matter right now. Metal thought.

"Perhaps a little race will help us find out who's faster." Metal said to Sonic.

"A race you say..." Sonic replied. "I thought just now you said you prefer to be left alone." he inquired.

"I still never miss an opportunity to challenge someone who might catch up with me." Metal replied to him. "And if you miraculously win, I'll reveal my name." he bargained.

Sonic smirked in response, seeming to have already accepted the challenge and liking the idea of knowing Metal's name if he wins. I'll just have to make sure it'll at least end in a tie. Metal told himself mentally.

"Alright, I accept," Sonic said and put his hands on his hips. "But I highly doubt you could beat me, I'm not called the Fastest Thing Alive for nothing." he queried.

"It's settled then, all we gotta do is race north, all the way to Blue Falls where the race will end." Metal said to Sonic.

It should be far enough away from Eggman's base too.

"You're on." Sonic chuckled.

With that said, both Metal and Sonic sped north, both of them going a full 70mph speed. The two blue hedgehogs stayed racing neck and neck, both of them often picking up the pace little by little. All irritation Metal felt towards Sonic had disappeared, being replaced by determination to make the race a tie and the thrill of the wind howling on his face. The only downside was the trees. Metal would have to swerve left and right around the trees to avoid hitting any while also trying to avoid running into Sonic, who was having an easier time than he was. I could jump on the trees to make this easier, but if Sonic doesn't do the same, he'll only say that I'm cheating. Metal thought. It felt like two more milliseconds before Metal's super-hearing picked up the sound of the roaring waterfall and before he could slow down, he ended up speeding inside the water below the waterfall. Metal's lungs screamed for air as he moved his arms and kicked his legs to swim up to the surface, but the water felt like it was pulling him down into the darkness until he felt a tight grip on his wrist and was pulled out onto the shore. Metal coughed up a storm before throwing up a clear liquid, his lungs feeling like they had less water in them after that as he lied down, his body sore and tired from the shock of falling in the water.

"You okay?" Sonic asked Metal.

Metal glanced over, seeing concern plastered on Sonic's face before he shifted on his back and stared up at the sky. Well, this was humiliating.

"I'm fine." Metal panted, feeling a little bit out of breath. "Guess the race was a tie, asides from me falling in the water." he queried.

"Pretty much, you caught up better than I thought you would," Sonic replied.

"Don't get too confident, I might beat you next time." Metal replied, earning a lighthearted chuckle from Sonic.

"You gotta admit, it was still fun despite you falling in the lake," Sonic said while smiling at Metal.

I'd better go before it gets too dark.

"I'd better get going." Metal said while standing up on his feet. "Best for me to be home now rather than-" his speech was interrupted when a sudden pain pulsed through his body, having him groan loudly while gripping his chest tightly.

"What's wrong?" Sonic questioned in confusion and concern.

Metal couldn't respond, he only groaned louder by every minute as the sun sunk behind the horizon, his body suddenly felt like ice before the pain suddenly ceased. Metal stayed where he stood, his body turning robotic and he opened his eyes, his sclera back to being a robotic black screen while his eyes changed to being robotic as well and his red inhibitor rings were now gone.

"M-Metal?!" Sonic exclaimed, stumbling back while shock covered his facial features.

Metal glanced down at himself, seeing that he was a robot again before he looked at Sonic, only earning the heroic speedster's ears to point backward while his pupils were shrunk.

"What in Chaos's name just happened?" Sonic questioned, his tone making it difficult to decipher if he was shocked or angry. 

Metal glanced up at the sky, seeing that the sun was behind the horizon, only leaving the sky in a dark shade of purple.

"Metal!" Sonic yelled, having the said robotic hedgehog glance over at him. "What just happened? Were you in some sort of disguise with a time limit?" he questioned.

"I'm not sure." Metal replied, his voice similar, but more robotic now. "I woke up this morning as an organic being, but it must only last until the day is over." he inquired.

"What?" Sonic questioned him.

"I must go or the Doctor will start to wonder where I am." Metal droned before activating his rocket and he flew off back towards Eggman's base.

Metal himself didn't know what just happened, but he had a good guess that transforming into a robot only at night was part of the curse. Which meant that he was going to have to adjust to the transformation until he finds a way to break the curse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 64.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
404K 24.4K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...