The Eternal Night

Por MorningStar1802

It is the world which never had nor will see the sunlight. This world is ruled by the vampires who had lived... Mais

Prologue
The Introduction Of New World.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 28

19 1 0
Por MorningStar1802

" I'm Elon, your host, who is here to announce most valuable treasures in the world for you! Ladies & gentleman, I know you all are desperate to see what we are going to offer today. So, without wasting any time, I'm calling for first item...here is, the skin of Galac beast..!! As you all know, it is strong enough to withstand Phoenix fire, the third strongest fire on Noir..!" 

Auctioneer introduced first item to crowd. Although this item was useless against first two fires, on Noir, there were at most 10-15 had those fire powers. There are total 12 types of fires, but fires above rank 5 were quite rare. 

" The starting bid for this item is 500 diamonds..!!" Auctioneer announced starting price and people started to call bids.

" 600" 

" 650"...Bid gone up to 850 and that item was won by some vampire in south-west region. 

" So that's how it works! Prices are too high, no common person can take even one item with him." Lilith expressed her opinion.

" Yes, they make big profit just by placing things on auction. It is only for wealthy vampires." Ryan nodded at her.

" But you are also here, so we can't say all those who come here are wealthy vampires." Damain just liked to tease Ryan whenever he got chance.

" Yes brother, I'm so poor because my brother don't give me any pocket money." This time he returned his attack.

"Thousand year old child wants pocket money? Very good. But this brother is too old to give any. It's your time to take care of me." Damain taunted him.

" Okay. come with me after this conference, I'll take care of you both." Ryan answered him.

" Forget it, I don't want to burden a child." Damain smiled at him and motioned to focus on auction.

Then many more treasures were auctioned off and now, it was finally time to call out top 3 most valuable treasures. 

" Gentleman, now its time to call out our third most valuable treasure. Here is....' Death Slash'. Yes..! It is that famous knife, whose one deep cut is enough to cease power of ANY vampire below level 4 for one minute..! You can kill first three leveled vampires with only one cut..! Even level 4 vampire will lose his power for 2 seconds..!" 

This item was too exclusive. It's bid started at One thousand diamonds.

" One thousand three hundred." Someone in middle row called for first bid.

" One thousand five hundred." Person who was in front, increased price.

" This item is too expensive...!" Lilith was shocked after seeing that one knife was this expensive. 

" Blocking power for one minute, it deserves this price." Damain said to her. Losing power during fight was almost death to vampires, even for too short period. With vampires superspeed, one minute was long time to kill.

" 2 thousand." Person from one of the VIP room called out this bid.

" This gentleman asked for 2 thousand, anyone want to increase the bid? It's too exclusive item, anyone wants to add some more into it? I'm calling out for three times...One, Two...Three..! Now 'Death Slash' is won by this gentleman." 

Person who won this bid was Marcel. He was also here for the conference. 

" Now is the time for our second most valuable treasure. I'm presenting you, 'The Golden-blue vine Fruits'..!" Auctioneer announced the item that was most awaited item tonight.

" Wait...what! I thought they will call it out as their last and most valuable item! If Golden-blue vine fruit is second valuable thing, then what is more valuable than that?" Ryan was totally shocked after this announcement. 

" You'll know when times comes. You are here for this fruit, so focus on that." Damain said to Ryan. He was leaning on Lilith and his head was on her shoulder.

Lilith had took his one hand in hers and she was totally immersed in auction. It was a whole new experience for her.

 Auctioneer stated uses of Golden-blue fruit and then proceeded to announce its bid.

" As this item is very expensive and one vampire needs only one fruit for his advancement, we've decided to call out separate bids for each fruit. Starting price for this fruit is one thousand five hundred diamonds..!" Auctioneer called out for bids.

" One thousand six hundred DIAMONDS..!" Ryan was too excited to call out this bid.

" One thousand nine hundred." Next person directly added three hundred diamonds. 

Ryan gritted his teeth's. Leo was only sitting beside him. He don't need to do anything, as Ryan was too excited to do it.

" Two thousand DIAMONDS.." Every time calling for bid,  Ryan pressed on the word 'Diamond', so Damain and Lilith started to laugh at him.

" Two thousand & two hundred. " Someone again called out for bid. Ryan and Leo's faces turned serious. Leo started to lose his faith in winning this bid.

" Two thousand three hundred DIAMONDS.." Ryan felt like he was hanging on a sharp cliff and just one wrong step was enough to fall for death. ( Of course in this example, he is human, not vampire.)

Ryan and Leo started to get nervous. Only one bid and their game was over.

" Anyone wants to increase bid? Don't think too much..! Some diamonds are nothing in comparison of becoming forth leveled vampire..!" Auctioneer tried to get more bids.

" Two thousand five hundred." Vampire who was in middle of auditorium, called out this bid and Ryan shouted,  "Fuck...! Now it's out of budget!"

As all vampires were able to hear him, many of them started to laugh. Ryan and Leo, both started to feel very embarrass. 

" You still have 2 opportunities, don't worry." Lilith tried to console him.

" It's of no use. Almost 80% times bid gets bigger than previous one." It was the reality of vampire auction houses. There was too little chance to win after this.

" Don't lose your courage." Damain offered him a cup of tea.

" Brother, help us..!" Ryan urged him. 

" Help in what? Focus on bids." Damain filled other three cups and started to drink tea after giving Lilith and Leo one.

That bid ended at two thousand nine hundred diamonds and next one at three thousand one hundred.

" We are over here, damm! There is no way last bid will be any less than previous two." Ryan's optimism ended here and he came to reality.

" Two thousand four hundred DIAMONDS." Ryan called out his bid. After that, he had no chance to do it again. As he expected, another person offered even more price.

" Two thousand six hundred." One vampire in front row called out for this bid.

Leo was feeling very upset. After getting big hope, it turned into big disappointment. Ryan was also too sad for him. He really wanted to help his friend. For that, he even took out his all money. But it was still not enough.

Damain looked at them and signed. He already expected this result. In his eyes, Leo was very naïve who trusted peoples words too easily and Ryan was excited over things that were out of his reach and he himself was like their parent who was busy in controlling them.

" Two thousand nine hundred." Another one called out for bid. Now Ryan don't want to stay there as a fool.

" Let's go back. We lost in this auction." Ryan said & Leo nodded at him. He also thought it was better to return now, as they don't have any purpose to stay.

" Let's go after watching last item! Don't you think it is something too special?" Lilith was also sad for Leo, but she wanted to watch last item.

" Okay sister." Leo sadly took his seat again. Damain looked at his face, which was totally down. Ryan covered his face with both hands. He don't want to see this anymore.

" You kids drive me crazy." Damain suddenly said. For Ryan, it was nothing. But for Leo it was another blow. He took his words seriously and thought he annoyed him by looking sad.

" Sorry brother, you already warned us but we still came here. I shouldn't have hoped that bids will stay low and I could get one. Don't worry brother, we'll be fine after sometime." Leo said in low voice. It was evident that he was too sad.

Damain was fine before this, but after hearing this words, he felt guilty. He was thinking too logically that he ignored their emotions.

" It's nothing, don't be sad. Your brother is here." Damain soothed him. It was too rare that he cared this much for anyone beside Lilith.

" Thank you brother." Leo gave him a sincere smiled.

" Three thousand two hundred." One vampire called out for biggest bid until now.

" Its 3 thousand 2 hundred! Anyone wants to raise.."

" Three thousand three hundred." Another one still fought for it.

" Three thousand five hundred." Suddenly Damain called out of bid. It was too unexpected for all three. Leo was totally shocked that he asked for such expensive bid.

" Brother...!! What are you doing? If someone did not raised it again, then we'll get caught by this people...! How are you planning on paying it?" Ryan knew that Damain never left Northern forest before this, so there was no way that he had this much diamonds on him.

" Don't you have 2.4 k diamonds? I'll add another 1.1 k for you." Damain answered but he was looking at the stage. 

" Anyone wants to raise the bid? One,...two...and its three! Now this last Golden-blue vine fruit goes to this gentleman." Auctioneer announced him as winner and Leo failed to control his excitement and happiness. He was smiling ear to ear like an idiot.

" Brother..! Why didn't you say it earlier? We would have saved 500-600 diamonds!" Ryan still acted childishly. 

" Shut up! It's because of you that I had to do this." Damain glared at him. Ryan didn't understood his meaning but Damain clearly gave him a look of, 'Don't ask anything'. 

Ryan ignored it and now he also started to enjoy auction with Leo and Lilith. He gave them information about many things and also conveyed who was saying what to Lilith, as she was not able to hear anything like them. 

Ryan lived on Noir for thousands of years and he almost visited every place, even forbidden Northern forest was home for him. So, he knew most of the vampire lords. Many of them came to this auction so he gave information about many of them to Lilith and Leo.

Damain was only sitting there, but he was observing everyone & everything. He was planning which method should he use tomorrow to expose his identity? More cooler, more better...!

" Ladies & gentleman, now I'm going to present the most valuable treasure of this auction, here it comes,...it is.. ' Witch's Magical Wand!'..! We all know that witches & witchers ceased to exist after confronting 'Dark Lord',  Damain. It is the last piece of evidence, which tells us that Noir had witches at some point in our history..! It's very mysterious item, we don't know it's use or powers, but all vampires know worth of this kind of magic item..!"

Damain was looking at that magical wand. Its true that Witch queen Elena always used it, but during his fight with her, it got lost before she died. Damain never saw it again. He even searched every corner of forest for it, in thought of getting rid of that curse from him by using it.

" Dam...Daniel, what's wrong?" Lilith asked him after noticing his tense expression.

" Later." He meant, he will tell her about that wand later and Lilith nodded in understanding. 

" I'm now calling for bids. Starting price for this item is 2 thousand 5 hundred diamonds." Auctioneer announced and vampires started to discuss among their friends about it's price.

" I offer exchange of item for item." Without giving anyone chance, Damain asked for it. He knew it was waste of time to raise bid many times, so he wanted to end it in one shot.

" Vampire Lord, you are?" It was not rare to ask for exchange, but having an item that can be changed with such magical tool means he was someone with great power. But that auctioneer knew nothing about him.

" That's not your concern. I offer skeleton of Wendigo. Are you exchanging it or not." Damain not liked long talks, so he straightforwardly talked about his offer.

All vampires looked at their room and auctioneer was unsure if he should believe him or not. Because Wendigo's are the extinct beasts for last 4 thousand years. Even their skeletons or other remains were not found till today. So, basically they were considered as 'Mythical' creatures by people. Only very old vampires, like Tylor confirmed their existence because they saw them once or twice that time.   

Auctioneer asked one worker to call the boss of this auction house. It was not the matter on he can decide. 

Damain was frowning now. Leo didn't asked him anything but he was utterly surprised by this. As Ryan and Lilith knew about Northern forest and beasts inside it, they were acting quite normal. Many creatures who are extinct from Nova, were still present in Northern forest. Wendigo was one of them. 

Lilith even got one point, Damain was not planning on hiding his identity for long run. Maybe after her request, he was planning to take over Nova's control from Tylor's hands. 

" This gentleman there, I'm sorry for making you wait. I'm owner of this auction house and I'll gladly accept your offer. But can you first let me see that skeleton?" It was very logical that he first wanted to confirm that Damain really have it or not. 

" Okay." Damain said and after 3 second, he was on stage with skeleton in his hands. He brought it from the inn they were staying at. 

" It's really Wendigo's skeleton...! You really want to exchange it?" That owner could not help but ask one more time. Because although that wand was truly a great treasure, in front of Wendigo's skeleton, it was just wooden stick. 

Reason behind it was, that skeleton was only real proof about Wendigo's existence and reason behind extinction was their bones!

Wendigo's bones have very special ability. They can wielded as a weapon after carving it into any shape you want. That weapon will have the ability to transfer that vampires power through it. It was kind of 'Magical Wand' for vampire's! So, only that raw skeleton had value over 20k diamonds!

That owner of auction house was beyond happy after this exchange and he could not help but smile brightly after getting that offer.

Damain was not idiot, its just that, for him, that skeleton had no more value than a dogs skeleton. Still he exchanged it with that magical wand and Golden-wine fruit. As price of that skeleton was still too high than this two items together.

That owner agreed to his offer right away because he was still gaining around fifteen thousand diamonds for free! It was his biggest profit since opening of this auction house.

Damain returned to the inn with others after getting their wand and fruit. In meantime, news of appearance of Wendigo's skeleton was all over Yulan. It even travelled to King Tylor.

" Skeleton of Wendigo? From where did he got that?" Tylor asked to his spy who was present at auction house.

" He refused to give any information. He was little strange. His eyes had blue colour, but how can any vampire have this? Also, he was with Leonard, who is lord of South-Eastern province and he recently won East province after killing Angelo and his wife, Karen. Both purple eyed vampires. Our peoples informed that this person helped him in killing this two people."

That person briefly gave all information.  

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
538 9 15
She's a shadow, Never really experienced life outside her small personal space. What happens when a shadow enters the light? She finds out that the w...
3.9K 376 22
An old promise, a fated night and lingering danger... After several centuries as serving as a guard to a coven, Nathanial Hart an old vampire is fin...
8.1K 339 94
Maeve's ability to touch others' souls can be heartbreaking and confusing, but when she connects with two murderers, it turns her world upside down...