That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Athena Barling is an ordinary office lady who always keeps up with her toxic relationships with colleagues in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 6

8 1 0
By polaris_epsilon

I saw the Sport Time drink that my dad placed on the island counter.

"This drink is pretty good. This is a new product from your company, isn't it?"

I'm quite flattered that my dad patronizes our company's products. I didn't even tell him that we have a new product. He's a very supportive dad.

My dad works at a logistics company. He's just an ordinary office worker just like me but has a higher position.

"Dad, tinola would be our dinner today. Is it okay with you?"

My father's eyes brightened when he heard heard my mother said tinola.

"That's great! Perfect timing for the weather today."

"Have you bought what I asked for?", My mother asked.

My father placed the the items he bought on the island counter.

"Here you go. I'm pretty excited for tomorrow's fruit salad!".

"Me too!" I said this with delight.

"I'm going upstairs now. I'll bring some pineapples with me." Suddenly, My dad wondered why I'm already going upstairs.

While my mother is cooking, my mother said "Athena already ate with her client. It will be only the two of us will eat dinner."

"Oh really? Then you can go upstairs and rest."

I smiled at him and I said "I will".

I brought some sliced pineapples with me and went upstairs to my room.

I changed my clothes to house clothes. I went to my desk area and ate the pineapples. I picked up my fork and pierced the sliced triangular-shaped pineapple.

"This pineapple is sweet! It's so good!"

Mikan climbed up to my desk and went to smell the pineapple from the plate.

"No, Mikan. This is mine! I know you already ate some since mom always dotes you with food." I gently pushed him away then I startled when he jumped to my lap.

I am caressing his head towards to his tail repeatedly. While caressing him, I suddenly remembered the excuse I made to clock out early.

"I'm sorry that I used you to make an excuse to clock out early!"

He adorably meowed at me.

This cat is so cute! I know he understands what I'm saying!

I noticed my cellphone lit up and rang indicating there's a text beside me. I opened my cellphone and I saw Maria's text.

"We will be under your care for our new project with Conrad! Thanks for helping me earlier and thanks for being my new friend! Hope we'll hang out soon!"

I feel fuzzy all of the sudden. Maria is such a sweetheart. She's more Western than me. She's very outgoing and very nice. I don't have the courage to befriend someone so suddenly just like her.

I replied to her saying no problem and agreed that we should hang out soon.

I finished eating the sliced pineapples and I went to the kitchen downstairs to place the plate on the sink. On the living room, I saw my parents eating dinner at the dining table.

My father and mother is having their dinner while having conversations. They look happy with each other. Feels nice to see them each other like that.

I went upstairs, removed my makeup, brushed my teeth, grabbed my cellphone and laid on my bed.

It's time to look for Lucas updates!

I opened my social accounts dedicated to Lucas. No current updates aside from earlier that he will voice Tadashi Suzuki, the main lead of The Lover's Sun, and another commercial.

There is no news about the commercial yet. I hope the news will release soon!

The Lover's Sun is a comic book (manga) story that is all about Tadashi Suzuki continues to search for his long lost childhood friend and love named Rin Kusakabe. They made a promise that they will meet again under the tree where they frequently played if they both escape poverty and be successful in life.

Tomorrow's agenda for work will be the same as always, loads of paperwork. I guess I'll rest and sleep now. Tomorrow will be another hard day at work.

It's the next day and I am riding the train going to work. As I am waiting for my train stop, I received a text from Maria.

"Good morning, Athena! My schedule is announced! We'll be recording our voices tomorrow and we'll shoot the commercial the next day! Hope you can come with our recording session! Recording will be held at G Talent. I'll give you a tour!"

Really?! I think she's inviting me over for the recording! I want to come! I might encounter some other VAs too! Maybe Lucas might be there too!

I replied her saying I will go. Since it's a Friday today, I can go to their recording tomorrow since there is no work every weekends.

Will Conrad also have a recording tomorrow? It will be great to see him again. I really did enjoy his company yesterday.

I arrived at my train stop and then I ride the bus. It's just 2 stops away from the train to my office. I can walk from the train station to the office but its more faster if I ride the bus. I do sometimes walk if I am in the mood. Talk about laziness!

I am now walking towards the company elevator. When I'm supposed to press the up button, I can see from my right peripheral vision that someone is coming towards the elevator I'm about to ride on.

"Good morning, Barling." I looked to my right and saw Charles. He stood beside me.

Bad timing. I really hate it when I'm him. Go to the other elevator, freak!

I greeted him back with a professional work smile, not the genuine smile. I looked away from him facing the elevator and pushed the up button.

PLEASE DON'T TALK TO ME ANY FURTHER. These words are constantly replaying on my mind however, he broke the silence.

"So how's your cat?" He asked.

"My pet cat? He's fine." I replied to him awkwardly.

"Hmmm. That's good. What did the doctors say about your cat?"

I don't know what to answer! As I recall, I said to him that Mikan ate something bad and vomited. How should I answer him?!

"H-he ate some bread dough. The doctor said if it stayed longer, the bread dough will expand on his stomach then it will release alcohol. Good thing he did not get poisoned from the alcohol."

That just popped in my head. I watched a vet video once on the internet with a dog with that kind of case. I kind of feel bad for saying Mikan had that.

"Yikes. You're cat is a naughty one. Good thing he made it through."

"Yeah. They made him successfully vomit all the bread dough."

"What? You vomited?" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind.

The familiar voice moved in-between us. I looked at my right and I saw Zilly.

"Did you get pregnant?!" She mockingly said this to me.

My insides are churning. I can't stand this girl! This is her another offensive remarks. I made a fist on my left hand to restrain myself.

"Good morning, Zilly. We're talking about her cat. Her cat was rushed at the vet and ate bread dough then vomited yesterday. That's why she clocked out early."

"Oh really? I saw you with a guy at the lobby and you both went out of the building yesterday. I've never imagined you having a hot man." Zilly was chuckling.

I'm shocked of what Zilly said. I can't believe she saw me, of all people!

"He's our company's new endorser. I was tasked by the advertising head that I should guide him to the exit." I debunked Zilly's misunderstanding.

The elevator door opened. The three of us went inside the elevator.
It's only the three of us inside the elevator. Charles pressed the button to our department floor.

I looked at Charles's and I saw his forehead beginning to frown. Oh no, he thinks I'm lying to him! I might get scolded again by him!

"Really? He's the new endorser for the Sport Time drink? I don't know him. But hey, it seems you're acquianted with each other. Why would you have your bag when you're just escorting him to the exit. I clearly saw the both of you going outside of the building from afar. It seems fishy to me." Zilly is mocking me again.

I relaxed myself and looked at Zilly. "I did escort the new endorsers and their managers to the exit before I returned to our department. When I was about to return to the department to return the contracts to sir Charles, I got a call that my cat is in the vet clinic. I was given permission to clock out. Conrad, one of the new endorsers, was hungry and not fairly familiar with the area so I recommended a place for him to eat. His manager even agreed that I can recommend him a place to eat. He waited for me at the lobby."

I omitted the part that I am truly acquainted with Conrad. Zilly might further tease me about that so I omitted it. The vet part was a lie.

"Don't make it sound too malicious, Zilly." I added.

"Hmm... really? You both ate, didn't you? Now I think it's really a date!" Zilly continued mock me.

This is getting out of control. Zilly is really making the situation worse!

"It's not a date! I would gladly guide him to where he would eat since he works for our company. After that, I rushed to the vet. That's it." I defensively said this to Zilly.

"I was shocked when a I heard 'vomit' and my mind suddenly thought something happened between the both of you, my bad." She smirked at me.

This woman! Her mind is s dirty! She doesn't care if she blabs like that in front of our superior. She always make me look bad in fornt of Charles!

"That's enough, Zilly." Charles said this with a stern tone. I can see he frowed even more on his forehead.

We arrived to our designated floor and the elevator opened.

"Oooops! Sorry about that, Sir Charles! You know how I'm a fun person to be with. Athena, you're too serious and you know I'm such a jokester. "

The three of us got off the elevator. Zilly and Charles started walking while I just stood near the elevator door. I just can't seem to move my legs.

I looked on the floor with my head bowed down.

Her insults at me are so degrading and makes it sound like I did something wrong. I can't voice out that she needs to stop.

Athena, just bear it. She's not worth your energy. I sighed.

"Barling!"

I startled and I raised my head. I saw Charles looked back at me.

"Hurry up! Don't just stand there, you're blocking people going out of the elevator."

I looked behind me and there is someone making their way out. I moved away from the elevator and I apologized to the persons I blocked their way out.

How embarrassing.

I started walking and Charles started walking also.

We arrived at the office and went to our respective desks.

I looked at Charles while I'm seated. I wonder if he just defended me or just annoyed with the uselessness of the topic being discussed back then.

I think he sensed that Zilly is saying remarks that is below the belt already, which really is, but it's just today that I felt that he stopped me for feeling miserable. Well, I thank him for that if that was the case. However, knowing his strong and strict work ethics, he maybe stopped Zilly because she's saying too much unproffessionalism in the office.

Who cares which one is it. I don't want to overthink. However, his expression was very scary. I'm not sure if he's mad at me or at Zilly.

I looked at Zilly at her work area. I hope Charles will get mad at her because of her unprofessionalism! Look at her, she looks happy. There's no hint of guilt from what she did. Bring it on, Zilly! I will not falter down just because she says nasty things to me!

Reese arrived and sat on her chair.

"Good morning, Athena!" Reese happily greeted me.

"Good morning!" I replied to her happily.

Reese came closer to me and she whispered "How's yesterday with the VA?"

"Just normal. I think we will get along well. We mostly talked about voice acting and his ethnicity. He apparently has American roots. He's basically Japanese-American. That's why he looks western." I whispered back to her.

"Is that so? That means his quite a handsome guy since he's mixed."

I nodded to her.

"He looks dazzling. You'll be able to see him when the commercial gets out but you can see his face if you search it online."

"Really? Then I'll search it later and hey, you might even see your idol Lucas if you have connections with your VA friends!" Reese shook me softly with excitement.

I excitedly smiled at her and said "I do have a chance to meet him in person! My new VA friend, Maria, invited me to go to their recording session tomorrow."

"What a fast development. Well, you're not sure if he will be there tomorrow but still you're lucky to be invited."

"Yeah but I hope he will be there tomorrow."

.
.
.

Our department, the Marketing Department, continues to work hard. There are endless paperworks to do but manageable.

I do not dislike working here despite having those two annoying colleagues, Zilly and Charles, in the department. The work environment is tolerable.

Here at Dolly Corporation, its specialization is food production. The company already have different kinds of food products from cooking ingredients to snacks and beverages. It's a miracle that I was hired into this company as I heard that this company has rigorous selection of applicants.

I've read several office romance comic stories and I was very excited to see if I would experience those too. Unfortunately, my three years of working here I did not even experience it at all! Mind you that I haven't been a relationship before, as in never in my life!

I had crushes in highschool and college but its all unrequited love. I never even had a guy that likes me either.

It was quite a depressing time of my life. I was just a simple girl up until now and people would always point out that I'm too simple that there's no excitement from me. I just brush it off but sometimes I feel sad about it. However, to be positive, I always say to myself that who cares if I'm too simple. I am satisfied of who I am.

The only thing that makes my heart jump is Lucas. I am hoping that I could see him tomorrow. It will be also my first time to witness a live recording session! I'm excited to see Maria and Conrad!

»»»»»End of Chapter 6«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 239 37
Athena Myers is a pretty girl. She hate liars and prefers cute guys over hot. She is sarcastic as hell. Short-tempered and totally lives in her dream...
96.8K 1.9K 34
Athena Liveria is a 17 year old with the height of 4'9. The only thing shorter than her body was her temper Ryder Johnson, a senior like Athena. He...
2.5M 90.3K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...
118 41 11
Sequel of "A New Beginning" Athena gets one in a lifetime opportunity. One that she can't possibly ignore. She gets the chance to be the writer she a...