Just a Cannon Fodder

By gelainess

Moriana Allisson. A female side character who loves to befriend and follow the heroine wherever she goes eno... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Special Chapter: What If
Side Story

Chapter 31

10K 500 45
By gelainess

"And the end." Shasha said.

'What? So the reason why she's doing this is just because she's jealous?'

"You... You did this just because of that?" I was stupefied by her actions.

"What do you mean just because of that? Are you belittling my feelings for the crown prince??!" She shouted.

"No, I didn't mean it like-"

"Then what?! Hahh, nevermind. Just shut up. Talking to you makes me upset. I figured that the best way to destroy you was phasing out the existence of your loved ones first."

"And! Lady Stella here is your friend so might as well include her. Haha." She added.

"You're crazy." Stella said.

"Hah! Say whatever you want. In the end, you're still gonna die." Shasha said.

"My lady, the people you hired wants to have a talk with you." The masked man whispered.

"What? Give me the ball."

Shasha and the two men walked away from us for a moment leaving nothing but silence.

"Where did she go?" Stella asked.

"That's not important right now. Turn around Stella. I'm going to untie your rope." I whispered.

She turned around and I tried my best in untying the ropes but it was too difficult.

'Finally!'

"Hurry! Untie mine now!" I said.

"Okay!"

Stella hurriedly untied my rope and after a while, it was finally undone.

"Come on, let's get out of this place right now." I whispered.

We walked towards the window and slowly opened it. Luckily, it opened smoothly and we jumped out from inside.

"Quick!"

We ran towards the forest and passed by many trees. We ran as fast as we can away from that place and rested for a moment.

"Hah, hah, hah. We finally got out of that place." I said while panting.

"Haha. Yeah." Stella chuckled.

Stella hugged me and whispered something in my ears. "I'm glad that I became your friend."

"Yeah, me too-"

"Euk-"

"Stella?"

I pushed her a bit and she fell to the ground immediately. In front of her chest was an arrow that passed through and blood came out like water.

"Stella!"

"Tut tut tut. You shouldn't have ran away. Look at what you've done. She died while protecting you." Shasha came out behind the trees.

"Well, I guess everyone has their own ending."

***
-Stella Richmond POV-

There was an invitation that father gave to me.

It was an invitation for a banquet. An imperial banquet.

The first thing I felt that time was excitement, happiness and joy. I thought that the party would be promising and fun.

And so, I decide to attend it alone since my parents had something to do.

When I first arrived at the palace, I felt suffocated. So what I did was to wander outside for a moment to have some fresh air.

And that's where I met him. A person who was drenched in blood that needed my help. I treated him since I had healing ability and left him after that night.

The next day, the crown prince visited my home. It was then I realized that he was the person I treated that night.

He expressed his gratitude by giving gifts and presents to me.

There wasn't a single day that passed that he didn't visit me. And that's where it all started.

I developed feelings for him and knew later on that he felt the same for me.

The prince wasn't the only person I met in my life.

There was the Duke Richard, Justin, and many other nobles. Especially Patricia Cornwall.

She was like the villainess that was assigned to ruin my life.

But the prince always helped me.

After many months, we faced many challenges together, our love grew deeper, and the prince decided to propose to me. And I happily said yes.

I thought that marital bliss was my happy ever after but I was wrong all along.

After the wedding, I went back.

I went back to the time where the banquet hasn't started yet and my body moved on its own.

It was like I had no control on my own body.

I had no freedom.

Everything happened over and over again.

The banquet, the prince, the confessions, the challenges, the bullyings, and her.

Especially her.

Moriana Allisson.

She kept dying in front of me over and over again and I can't help but feel guilty everytime I get back in time.

I don't even remember how many times I went back in time while gaining no control over my body.

Despite returning back in time again and again, a goal suddenly popped out. I wanted to have a dream. I wanted to be a fashion designer.

I don't know why but it just happened to be that way.

And so, in the nth time of my return, I decided that I should act differently. I wanted to try at least.

But when I went to the garden at the night of the banquet, the prince wasn't there.

He suddenly walked in unscathed and safe. I took the initiative to talk to him but he threw off my hand.

'Wait, did I just move freely?'

It was then I realized that everything changed at that moment.

I can move on my own now. I can choose what I want to do right now.

So I decided to work out my dream and also on gaining Moriana's forgiveness by befriending her.

I finally achived my dream on making dresses and got to befriend Moriana after everything that happened.

I also learned that this very moment of my return, I finally knew the meaning of friendship, freedom, happiness and love.

I loved being free. I loved having friends. I loved to be happy.

But in the end, everything I loved was taken out by that single person.

Patricia Cornwall.

Dear Moriana, my only friend,

Thank you for everything.

I think dying was the only way for me to be free after all.

Goodbye.

Did I become your friend?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.4K 59
A normal high school girl got reincarnated inside a novel which she didn't even read fully. The worst she has to be the villainess but,who cares...no...
689 77 6
"...in my graphic era!" to all the authors who made my heart smile with their beautiful words! thank you.
76.5K 2.1K 43
Aria, the adopted daughter of duke agnes who experiences death Seven times. In each of her lifetimes, she sacrifices herself for the sake of her fami...
41.4K 1.6K 26
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...