A Path To The Great Unknown

By Emilliooooo

A fanfiction for BrightWin More

A Path To The Great Unknown
Prologue
Chapter 1: Gardener
Chapter 2: A Thank You Would Suffice
Chapter 3: Beyond These Walls
Chapter 4: Snow
Chapter 5: Protagonist
Chapter 6: Love and Pain
Chapter 7: That's Where I Draw The Line
Chapter 8: Liar
Chapter 10: Far From The Chaotic And Bloody World
Chapter 11: A Familiar Feeling
Chapter 12: I Saved You
Chapter 13: Missing Link
Chapter 14: Claveero Quiterio
Chapter 15: Transwomen Are Women
Chapter 16: The Place Is Less Scarier With Him Around
Chapter 17: You Know I Hate Liars
Chapter 18: Caught
Chapter 19: Waves Of Memories
Chapter 20: Destroyed
Chapter 21: Decision

Chapter 9: Leash

599 97 57
By Emilliooooo

His bicycle stopped on the side not far from the back gate. I immediately got off from his bike and was about to walk away but Ezekiel immediately caught my arm.

"What's happening to you?" he asked, his voice was laced with concern.

Or am I just hearing things now? The fuck, I don't know either!

"I'm tired. Let go." I replied in a commanding tone but he didn't do it. His firm gripped even tightened when I tried pulling it away from him. "Ezekiel!" I shouted and I honestly don't care if the guards will catch me by now.

"Why are you so rude and mad earlier? You were so happy just before we arrive at my house!"

"I was irritated. Your girlfriend was being unreasonable and I hate people that are unreasonable!"

But am I also being one?

Eero why are you even contesting yourself!

"It's just the way she is Eero—"

"Then tell her to do me the biggest favor; get out of my sight when I'm around because I don't like her."

"Why?"

"Are you an investigator? You want to know every why's in the world!? Get a fucking life!" I said in gritted teeth as I harshly pulled my arm off of his grip. "Thanks for today. I'll get Snow soon."

"W-What? Where did that decision come from?"

"You deaf dude? It came from me! That's my dog!"

"Our dog Eero—"

"Well you better find a new one because that dog will leave that house." I pushed him away to have some distance between us because he's beginning to get closer and closer— it feels suffocating!

I turned my back at him and immediately pushed the gates open. I saw how the guards were alerted but I couldn't care less. They could tell my parents for all I care.

"Sir Eero where did you go—"

"Tell my parents about this and you'll lose your job for not containing me inside the mansion." I said without even thinking about my words as I stomped across the garden where it leads me to the back door.

I saw that my parents' cars are not here yet and that's a relief. I would much rather eat or at least shop online than to hear my mom's words again like I'm listening to a broken cassette tape.

I stormed inside the mansion and I honestly want to throw some vintage vases but I stopped myself from doing so. I am so mad right now that I might punch the first person I see.

My room's door burst open as I kicked it and finally slumped onto my bed. The rage within me is slowly growing and I honestly don't have any idea why. All I know is that, he lied to me and I hate people lying! I hate when people can't tell their real feelings or even opinions towards me.

I feel like everyone around me is just acting up because I'm the son of the richest man here in Cebu! They treat me like how a normal person should be treated but never as an equal. They treated me with high regards but never treated me like a friend. Everyone was like that even in school! I've had a few of my so called circle of friends but I know they just associate with me because they are as lonely as I am. They were instructed by their parents to befriend me so they can have a business connection with my parents and I hated that reality.

Everyone was just being nice because of money, power or connections and I'm sick and tired of that. I just want someone to be honest with me like I am their equal!

Luis is one but I barely see him because people are always judging him because we're close. There are rumors I heard that Luis befriended me because he's poor and I was nearly expelled because I scrapped a cutter onto a boy's arm after I heard it.

It was not a nice life. It's shiny, it's squeaky clean, it's expensive but it was never pure. It was never the real thing. Everyone... and I mean everyone was governed with pure influence.

I don't know how I calmed myself down but when I looked at the clock, it's already past seven in the evening. It's almost dinner time and I remembered I didn't eat anything for the whole day except those street food.

A knock interrupted my thoughts and there I saw Mom standing when the door opened. She looked at me with an emotion I don't know of. Her eyes speaks... softness.

"Mom." I acknowledged her presence and she should have known by now that I escaped.

Brace yourself for a bombarding series of nagging.

I was ready for it. I was really ready because I know my actions were never considered  correct when I go out alone but to my surprised, she sat beside my bed and offered me a gentle smile.

"What mom?" I said in a stoic tone. She looks freaky when she smiles.

"Eero can you be honest with mommy?" she started and my forehead immediately creased at her tone.

Did a saint possess her?

"What is it mom?" I inquired and she took a deep breath before holding my hand. "Mom you're freaking me out."

She giggled like a crazy woman— or at least that's how she sounded to me. She gave me a soft smile again before talking.

"Your Dad and I saw you earlier,"

There you go. She must have lost her sanity when she saw me.

Great! I even deactivated the CCTV cameras for nothing.

Brace yourself Eero.

"And..." I said, pursuading her to continue so we can get this over and done with.

"Honestly... your dad and I weren't happy. We were alarmed to see you in the market when we were passing by." I took a deep breath as I braced myself. "But your Dad told me to calm down and watch you...and I did."

The softness in her voice told me that what she's about to say is something... different.

"We were there while you skip from one shop to another. You were like a lost kid in the city enjoying the weird things the outside world has to offer." she gave me a gentle smile as she held my hand. "Eero, I want you to be honest with mommy okay?" I softly nodded. "Did you enjoy your day today?"

I took a deep breath before nodding at her. It may have been... kind of... ruined but all in all, I enjoyed every minute that I'm out of this mansion.

"Yes mom. It was very... liberating. I never knew that such food existed just around town! There's fishball, squidball, and the fried oranges that looks like egg waffles!"

"You mean kwek kwek?"

"Yes!!! That food mom! It tastes amazing! And... and the clothes! The clothes around there smelled like it came straight from the factory and it was cheap and the people didn't care if it was branded or not— if it was not the real thing! I mean, if I were to buy that and wear it, my friends would have judged me but them... they were so happy! They were so happy to get clothes that are cheap! They are happy with those little things mom! The outside of this mansion is much more brighter than I have imagined— what?"

My words were cut off as I got disturbed by my mom's smile. She's looks happy and sad at the same time.

"Eero the last time I saw you that happy was when you got your first cotton candy in front of the church." she smiled bitterly before pulling me in for a hug. "I'm sorry son..."

"Hmm? Mom why?" I don't understand.

"I was so strict for the past years because of our status. I was so strict just to keep our family safe that I forgot that you are still growing up and you are still a child..." I heard my mom sniffed and I felt a small pang in my chest.

"Mom..."

She broke the hug before caressing my face with her hands.

"Eero, I saw you today smiling brighter than you are smiling here inside the house. My heart melted and your father's too. We were so focused in having a tight security that we almost forgot how a child should grow. How... a normal kid like you should enjoy summer the way everyone your age is enjoying. "

"Mom it's okay." I tried to console her but I know deep inside that it's not.

I don't have a choice anyway. I didn't choose to be born in this family and have this social status that we have now. I don't have a say on that and I honestly understand where my parents are coming from but sometimes... my childish heart just wants to escape and be free and be like everybody else.

"If only the death threats are not that serious then we could allow you to go anywhere you want." she bitterly smiled and my heart broke slowly. "B-But... but if you really want to go and explore the outside world then I would gladly let you."

"B-But mom how about the threats?" I asked, worried about her sudden decision.

I'm a spoiled brat, I know that but I will never want anyone to get harmed just because of my childish heart.

Well isn't it too late for that thought, Eero?

"We have the money. We can afford more security." she lowkey bragged and I get it now where I got my savage attitude at times.

"Can I really go out? No joke? Are you vlogging? Is this a prank?"

Her eyes rolled in a dramatic manner and I honestly laughed at her reaction. I missed this interaction with my mom because it felt like years since we last talked like this after what happened to that goddamn party.

"You can go out but still with the presence of your bodyguards." I expected that. "And tag Grace along so she can attend to your needs."

"Mom I don't need a maid beside me. I can order alone." I assured her and she pouted before nodding at me.

"You're really stubborn Eero."

"The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree I guess?"

"You and your smart mouth."

"People are not surprised anymore Mom. My mother is a lawyer turning judge soon." I shrugged and she let out a feminine laugh— one that I don't always hear.

I don't know what has changed. I don't know what happened to them that they suddenly allowed me to go out given the circumstances that we're in.

I guess I will never understand a parent's heart until I be one.

"Also Eero..." mom said. "How did you get out of the mansion?" she gave me a smug look but it was a carefree one.

"Uhm... about that..."

"We saw Ezekiel with you." she raised an eyebrow and my heart suddenly beat in a fast pace. "Did he help you escape?"

"Mom no!" my voice suddenly raised and I did a peace sign before trying to explain. "Mom it was my idea alright? Ezekiel is just too kind that I took advantage of his kindness. I just want to explore and... see Snow too."

She didn't talk for a few moments and I'm starting to think that Ezekiel and his father would be in trouble if I don't save their ass now!

"Mom please... Ezekiel has nothing to do with this. Besides, nothing happened to me. He took care of me."

Why am I defending the guy that got into my nerves about hours ago again?

"But you could have asked for our permission Eero."

"You wouldn't let me even if I want to."

"Actually... that's true."

"See!" I shrieked in an accusing tone and she laughed again before shaking her head.

"I'm just kidding. I know Ezekiel took care of you. I've talked to the guy."

"Y-You did?" my eyes widened as my mom nodded. "Like today!?"

"No. About... a few days back. He said you're just a kid and you want to play around. He even promised me to look after you if he have a chance. The guy basically looks at you like you're his baby brother." Mom said and something in my stomach turned.

A little... hollow feeling.

"Now I regret having one child." she pouted and I literally rolled my eyes at her.

"Mom you're just in your mid 30's. You can still produce a child. Go and shave now so you can make one."

Did I just say my thoughts out loud?

Oh crap!!!

"Eero your mouth!" Mom screamed in horror and I giggled before making a peace sign again. "You're watching p0rn, am I right?"

Well... She's not wrong but I won't admit that.

"No!" I defensively said. "Mom there's sex education in school."

"They don't teach you guys there that you need to shave!"

"Hmm... my teacher does."

"W-What... E-Excuse me!?"

I laughed at her reaction before standing up and started to pull her out of my bed.

"Mom you better go. Go and make one." I whispered in a menacing tone and I swear my mom's face is as red as a tomato!

"Claveero Quiterio!"

Alright she's getting pissed. She called me in my full name.

"Go mom!" I chuckled as I pushed her out of my room and quickly stole a kiss on her cheeks. "I love you! I'll go out tomorrow!"

She gave me a death glare and I swear, her glares can petrify people but not her own son. If Medusa would have a son, then that would be me.

My mood was boosted for the whole night. I was happy for some reasons and part of it was because of my parents. Even though my Dad didn't talk to me and just mom alone, I know their decisions are the same.

I just have to follow the rules of my bodyguards and stay within their reach and everything shall be fine.

It was a Monday morning and it's been a few days since my last trip in town. I wasn't really feeling the hot weather of Cebu that's why I didn't have the urge to go out. Plus... I don't really know my way around the city yet.

I'll make a fool out of myself if I go around the market with bodyguards. Also, I only have more than a week left before school officially starts here in the Philippines. I'll be in Grade 9 this year. Two more years and I'll be a senior high and my building is closed to the college guy I saw last time.

Remembering the day I saw him, his lanyard was in the color of yellow so I guess he's a management student.

Lying on the carpeted floor of my room, I browsed through my social media accounts when a thought crossed my mind.

I forgot to ask Luis if Snow can stay in their house. I mean... their house is pretty small compared to that chocolate guy slash womanizer but he doesn't have to worry about anything. I'll provide everything that Snow needs. I'm even willing to give her a dog house if their house could not accommodate Snow.

I just don't want my dog near that clingy hornet like her clit depends on the distance between her and Ezekiel.

YUCK!

With that thought in mind, I dialed Luis' number. It took a few rings before he answered and said hello.

"Luisito!"

"What is it this time, Claveero?" ugh! He really knows how to piss me too!

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"Not really. I just finished cleaning the house. Why?"

"Hmm... can you do me a favor?"

"Just don't borrow money from me, Eero. I'll give you a wallet with cobwebs."

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculous remark. As if I would do that to a friend!

"No stupid!" I hissed and I heard him laughed from the other line. "I'm just wondering if you can take care of Snow for me?"

"Snow? Oh... you mean your dog that's now staying with Ezekiel?"

"Yeah..."

"Eero my mom doesn't want dogs in the house. Besides, the piece of land that we have is very small."

"Luis, I'm willing to give Snow a dog house and even his own dog pen. She just needs a place to stay..."

"Eero your house is big."

"I know... but mom doesn't want a dog here too."

"Then let it stay with Ezekiel. Why are we thinking about a problem that already has a solution?"

"Because I don't want Snow to stay there any longer!"

"Why?"

"Because Ezekiel is letting my dog play with some bitch!"

"You mean another female dog?"

I literally rolled my eyes at his stupidity. If only you're not my friend!!!

"Idiot! I mean a girl! Ezekiel is letting snow play with his girlfriend and I don't like anyone touching my Snow!"

"You mean your Ezekiel?"

"Luisito!" I screamed and the vibration of his laugh gave so much pressure within my sleeping rage. "Stop spitting nonsense please!"

"I am spitting facts." he said in a calm manner.

"That's not a fact. I'm talking about my Dog! Snow is my Dog! Ezekiel isn't a dog!"

"Well he can actually be a dog sometimes, I guess?"

Luis and his crude words never failed to impress me. His punchline and green jokes are something that he should be proud of!

"Luis you better be a comedian in the future and I bet you my briefs, you will earn a decent amount of money."

"I don't want to be a laughing stock Eero."

"You already are, you fucking clown!" I shouted and his laughter is the kind of sound that I just want to donate so I can get rid of it in a legal way!

"But seriously, just let Snow stay there with Ezekiel. She'll be fine there."

"But I'm not!"

"Then that's your problem and not the dog's anymore." I can imagine him shaking his head in disbelief. "I'll go now. I have to do some things too. Call me if you need help but please, not money or a place for a dog to stay. I can find you a girlfriend if you want."

"Vajayjay is really not my thing."

"You don't know unless you try it..."

"Oh believe me Luisito when I say that sliced triangular-alien-looking-pies are really not my thing. Plus they squirt like a squid when they... ugh! Why am I imagining things!"

"Because you watch too much p0rns nowadays. You see Vajayjays all the time."

"I focus on the muscular men, thank you very much."

He let out one final laugh before finally bidding his goodbye.

I fell in a deep dilemma for hours as I think of a way to get Snow out of his daddy's place— wait what!?

"Eero! What is happening to you!" I scolded myself as I got up on my feet. "I better take snow for a walk at the beach after I eat lunch."

And that's what I did. I ate lunch and spent a few hours getting ready to meet Snow. I also advised the driver and the bodyguards that I will be going out. They will be the ones who will inform my parents about my sudden leave.

It was exactly four in the afternoon when I decided to leave the house and go to Snow. It was a fifteen minute drive to Ezekiel's place and I wasn't surprised to see only Amber and her mom there.

"Good afternoon Tia, Amber!" I greeted and they waved at me before telling me to come in. "Sorry for paying a sudden visit."

"Hijo it's fine... what brings you here? Ezekiel? He's still at work."

"Oh no, not Ezekiel. I'm here to visit Snow." I softly said.

"Eero, Snow is with Claire right now." Amber said that made my brows furrow.

"W-What? Why?"

"Well she's here since 1PM and she said she got nothing better to do so she got Snow's leash and they went for a walk at the beach." the kid honestly narrated as she pointed at the path way of their house leading to the sandy part of the beach.

"I'll just go and follow them. Thank you Amber." I timidly smiled at her even though my blood is boiling. "Excuse me Tia."

"Go ahead Eero." Tia said with grace as she watched me jogged my way through the beach.

I can feel my bodyguards behind me so I'm still comfortable that I have company at my back.

Walking in a fast pace, I looked around the beach to search for Snow and the hornet who took her. They were no where to be found and I'm honestly starting to get worried!

I ran through the sandy shore of the beach, hoping to find my dog when I heard a screaming voice from afar where the rock formations are.

"Oh my God!" the familiar voice said and my heart beat tripled due to so much pressure and I don't know how I got to her so fast but I did.

"What happened!? Where's Snow!?" I shouted and she looked at me with so much horror in her face before pointing at the waters.

"S-S-She ran up the rock formations and my grip on her leash was not that tight. She escaped and when she reached the top, she... fell."

"Fuck you!" I shouted as I pushed her hard, letting her fall on the ground.

"I-I'm sorry—"

"Guards!" I screamed and they came rushing right away. "Find my dog! Snow jumped on that rock so please find her! Now!"

I don't really care how loud my voice resonated across the area. The irritation that I felt last time was nothing compared to the anger I'm feeling right now.

"I fucking swear Claire, if anything happens to my dog... you will pay!" I shouted and kicked the sand causing some of it to get into her eyes.

"Ouch!"

"Eero!" Ezekiel's deep voice was heard across the beach and in just a drop of a hat, he's now facing me with an unpainted look on his face. "What did you do!?" he asks, shouting at me.

"Oh don't you fucking shout me!"

"Words please—"

"I don't care about manners Ezekiel!" I shouted back.

"Claire what happened?" Ezekiel asked the hornet sitting on the sand.

"He kicked the sand and it got into my eyes." oh girl believe me, sand in your eyes won't kill you.

"Eero what the hell is your problem? Apologize to her now!"

That's where I lost it. I smirked at him before proudly shaking my head.

"I will never apologize to your girlfriend."

"Eero!"

"Ezekiel it hurts—"

"Claire it will hurt more once I found my dog dead in the sea. I swear if she's found dead or she has wounds... I'll slit your arms with the first knife I see in your boyfriend's house." I said in gritted teeth.

"W-What's happening—"

"Isn't it too late for that question?" I cut off Ezekiel's words. "Well just to be fair, your stupid girl decided to take Snow for a walk."

"I-I just want to play with the dog—"

"Snow is not your dog in the first place! Didn't your parents teach you not to touch other people's belongings?"

"Eero that's enough. She didn't mean it."

"Oh bullshit! She didn't mean to take my Snow for a walk? Who gave her the permission? Is it you? Please if she likes dogs so much then turn her into one. Go into that position but never touch my Snow."

The hornet kept on crying just because of the sand in her eyes and the naive guy beside her kept on consoling her.

"Sir we found Snow!" one of my guards shouted and that caught my attention.

"Take her to the shore now!" I tried to sound tough but deep inside, I'm shaking in fear with just the thought of Snow getting wounds or worst... dying from that dive.

I looked at the two people behind me one last time with pure disgust.

"Pray for my dog to at least be alive or I'll make sure you suffer the consequences." I kicked the sand again but this time, Ezekiel blocked it. "Tie your pet Ezekiel. She seems... wild. No breeding at all."

-----------------
I'm sleepy. I have a meeting tomorrow. Goodnight bitches! 😘💅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5K 17
in which win falls in love with his professor named bright
111K 2.9K 25
Prapai X Sky Fanfiction
38.7K 2.4K 20
The star dates the super fan. Win Metawin is the new rising star in Thailand and Bright Vachirawit is the fan. Oh wait, I mean Anti-Fan. The two have...
80.3K 3.6K 38
"I just can't love him " "But i love him since day one ! How can i hate him ?" 17.06.2022 || #1 bbrightvc /thymekavin category ...