COMPLICATED LOVE

By TejaswiniReddi

A story, revolving around college lives, career and societal norms. Featuring Rrahul Sudhir as Rishi, a stud... More

THE FIRST MEET
THE ATTRACTION
3. UNDERSTANDING
SURPRISE
6. MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
7. LOVE IS IN THE AIR
8. HIS GIRLFRIEND
9. DEVIATIONS
10. THE LAST MEET
11. CAREER AND DREAMS
12. WHEN ANU MET RISHI AGAIN
13 BREAK UP
14. THE TRUTH
15. FRIENDS AGAIN
16. BUILDING CAREER TOGETHER
17. LOST
18. GOOD NEWS
19. UNEXPECTED CALL
20. REALIZATION
21. RELIEVED
22. BE IN TOUCH WITH OLD FRIENDS
23. REALITY OF WORLD
24. HASHTAG ANSHI
25. DESTINY
26. CHANGE IS CONSTANT
27. OPINIONS ON OPINIONS
28. PANIC
29. MYSTERY MAN
30. GOODBYE

5 . ACCIDENT

259 38 1
By TejaswiniReddi

Last year Sam forced Anu to practice doing parade and they participated in independence celebrations together.

They had been to many places together. Went for evening walks.

Went to different temples covering all their surrounding areas on Vinayaka chavithi. And on 31st, Dec Anu's birthday, Sam wished at 12am. Did video calls, posted a beautiful status wishing her. They played holi in the hostel and had lot of fun. They pulled pranks on others. They managed to go home on Diwali and Ugadi. They did window shopping often. Sam used to insist Anu to get down into the water in  beach everytime. All these beautiful memories flashed in her mind.

Sam said how Anu missed celebrating her birthday in hostel. Said how she was going to make it big in their second year. Promised they would together celebrate New Year in Ritu's home. And now she didn't even bother to ask when was Anu's book going to be released. Many people wished her on her birthday including Arun and Rishi, but Sam was special to Anu. They were good friends Ofcourse.

All these things were hovering in her mind.

“I have other friends too, close friends. Why should I bother much about her. I don't care, let her do whatever she want.” Anu was little  furious.

“ No, that's how bonds break. I should talk about this and clear any kind of miscommunications. ” She thought the very next moment. Anu never makes instant decisions.

……………………………………

Anu agreed to stay in Ritu's home on her insistence till 2 nd Jan. It's about 7pm when she got a call from Arun.

“I just have just come to hostel. Sam said she isn't coming. I'm near Ritu's house. You both can join me!” He said.

Ritu's parents are friendly and fun loving. They are also fond of Rishi, Anu, Sam and Arun. They too joined the three and they all had dinner in a restaurant.

“Be safe and reach home before 1am. Have fun, but don't eat road side stuffs much.” Ritu's mom said, when they asked they want to roam outside, in the house surroundings and enjoy the weather talking.

......................................

That's the first time in life, Anu was walking on almost empty, beautiful roads at night time. She was surrounded by friends, they were laughing, eating and cracking jokes. It's like her dream came true.

At 12am, everyone on road suddenly started singing a birthday song for her, made her cut her favourite chocolate cake they ordered online, Ritu's parents too joined them.

Anu was overwhelmed. It was a memorable day in her life.

She attended her friends calls and thanked them. She felt happy as Sam did a video call at 12 am to Ritu's phone and had been a part of her celebration virtually. All her doubts were gone too.

....................................

The morning they all went to temple and had breakfast at Ritu's home.

“When did you plan all that? ” Anu asked curiously.

“Sam said she has to attend wedding and asked to do something on your day at any cost. ” Arun said.

“When I asked what you like, she said about favourite cake, how you wish to walk on streets at night and all. I asked Rishi's suggestion too. And he suggested to seek Ritu's help in asking her neighbours and all to wish you at night.” Arun smiled.

Anu looked astonished.

“I and my dad see Rishi and Arun many times, when we are roaming late nights. Even my neighbours became familiar to them seeing a no.of times.” Ritu laughed.

“And Rishi suggested to light sky lanther. Shit! I forgot it. ” Arun bit his tongue.

“However it's a hit! ” Ritu grinned.

Anu smiled gratefully at them.

…………………………

Rishi bumped into them the afternoon. He wished Anu and handed over a gift box. There was a hand made bangles set inside it.

“Mom does it in free time. She told me to give you. ” He said bit embarrassed as he wasn't close to her to gift something.

“They are beautiful! Thanks to Aunt and you!” She said with beaming eyes.

Rishi smiled looking into her eyes.

They played carrom, ludo and watched movie in Ritu's house.

Many of their friends reached by evening. They went for a concert near by and cheerfully welcomed New Year. They danced in the DJ.

Anu was very much happy. She did everything she was longing to do since childhood on her birthday and New-year. Ofcouse so did most of her friends.

It was almost 3 am by the time they all returned to their hostels. Anu went to Ritu's home.

……………………………….

The morning Sam bumped into them. “I some how convinced my mom to let me leave for college. I boarded the bus immediately after the wedding! ” She said enthusiastically.

Anu welcomed her smiling and embraced her.

“Rishi! When did you come here? You are having fever right? ” Sam asked.

“It's gone a day ago. I want to celebrate New Year with friends this year!” He smiled.

“Many thanks to Arun and Ritu, it wouldn't have been possible without them! ” She added.

“Well mom told to give you this bracelet she made by herself.” Rishi handed over to Sam.

Sam beamed and said, “I will personally call and thank aunt. No need to thank you at all! ”

Everyone burst into laughter.

They strolled on roads. Ritu's father asked their driver to take kids on a long drive.

They all were overjoyed, especially Anu.

 “You exactly your mom knew my  bangles size?! ” Anu asked Rishi appreciating.

“ I told her estimated size,"Rishi smiled.

“ Wow!" Sam smiled.

............................................

Soon they got busy with all their college stuffs. Rishi enrolled in coding classes. Anu, Arun and Sam enrolled in GATE coaching classes.

Anu also completed editing her book and sent again, as per the editors suggestion. Sam felt bit bad as she forgot to ask about the book. Rishi and Arun did knew it already. It made her feel extra guilty.

Sam really didn't feel happy seeing bangles Rishi's mom sent for Anu, like she pretended the moment. But later she avoided such thoughts and cursed herself for thinking in that way.

............................................

Everything was fine, but then something unexpected happened.

Rishi had an accident, ” Sam barged into Anu's room and yelled.

“What? ” Anu was dumbstruck.

They both rushed to hospital. Arun was there, almost in tears.

“He was driving the bike to drop me at the bus stop. Some one drunk, hit us with car and we fell down. I had no injuries at all but he broke right hand badly and also leg is scratched, I can't imagine what would have happened if we have no helmets. I should have gone alone. It's my fault.” Arun said.

“No Arun. Don't say that.” Sam said.

Anu looked at Rishi being treated through the glass door  silently.

Sam tried to comfort Arun. Anu stood next to him and patted his shoulder.

.....................................

Rishi's mom came there immediately.

Rishi went to his home town and stayed there for almost a month.

They all felt sorry for him.

Anu suggested him to learn coding and techniques from his mom. Advised to write some songs.

All three tried level best to keep his spirits up. They know he would be missing his YouTube channel and dance.

Arun and Anu talked to him daily and his batch mates kept him updating with classes, notes, mid exams.

In the mean time, they had college fest organised by all four year students together. Rishi felt very bad for missing it. The other three participated actively. Arun chose experimental stuffs. Anu chose working on circuits, though she didn't like that subject anytime. Sam made detailed articles about different chemicals, that scientist are working on to bring changes in medicine and science fields. Arun and Sam kept on telling about everything they did, like live telecast. They couldn't visit him due to fest.

Sam's sense of humor and antics are  so crazy that she can always make them laugh in any situation.

Rishi gave exams again once he was back. All his friends were happy to see him. He was almost healthy now. They all celebrated Sam's birthday together and she was happy as Rishi was a part of a it. She thought he couldn't come by then.

Rishi had a spark in eyes, when he saw them again after a month.

Anu wondered why she felt that happy to see him again. “Well I'm crushing on him. Let me keep this secret to myself.” She thought. She is focused on career more. She never wanted to get deviated. Moreover she believed teenager's  feelings were silly and immature.

…………………………

This year as they got comfortable with their batch mates, they all celebrated holi together with natural colours.

Ofcourse their college also taught them about Swatch Bharat and preserving nature.

They Went to beach and almost everyone got drenched.

Anu who hesitated to get into the beach little deep, was now playing with not really dirty water happily that too on Holi. Obviously Sam felt happy seeing her.

Arun and Rishi joined them in between but Rishi hesitated to colour Anu and so did she.

Arun was overjoyed and almost full of colours that it was impossible to recognise him. He chased people to colour them like anything! He is friendly with all especially, his game's partners and Anu other than Rishi. Ofcourse Sam too is a friend but not that close  like Anu.

However Sam didn't like Anu talking and consoling Arun and Rishi all those days, when Rishi was unwell. But she never expressed it. She is loyal friend to Anu, she liked Anu as much as she liked her other friends. Buy still she was kind of jealous of unknown thing, she was wondering what it can be.

.…………………………..

What so you think is the reason behind Sam's imbalances in thoughts?

Will her insecurities win over her bond with Anu?

Do you think Anu's book was published ?

Who is your favourite character? Whom do you relate much with?

To be continued......

Precap: Sam realises she is in love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 21K 35
❝All these people think love's for show but I would die for you in secret❞ Certain circumstances made him step back from their blooming friendship w...
9.5K 588 27
Kunal Singh Rajawat, a determined and charismatic 32-year-old business tycoon, had to put his dreams of becoming an IAS officer on hold when he took...
97K 4.1K 64
#Nihir, a love story straight out of a fairytale. Sahir, a rich spoilt brat who has never valued love. Despite always being surrounded by friends and...
53.3K 3.8K 29
HASEENA MALLIK IS HEART BROKEN AND ANUBHAV SINGH IS GUILT RIDDEN...HE BLAMES HIMSELF FOR HER PAINFUL CONDITION AND DECIDES TO MOVE DISTANT FROM HER T...