Angelfall (Skyfall #2)

By marcyswales17

"Oh what an adventure it would be to die..." More

Ch.1 Lover
Ch.2 Play Along
Ch. Baklava
Ch. 4 Undress
Ch.5 Green with Envy
Ch.6 The Human Brain
Ch. 7 Innocence
Ch.8 Onions
Ch.9 Sounds
Ch.10 Good Girls
Ch.11 Play the System
Ch.12 All things nice
Ch.13 Little Fairy
CH.15 Gifts
Ch.16 Be Nice!
Ch.17 A family Effort
Ch.18 Ruby Red
Ch.19 Trust in me
Ch.20 Leave a message
Ch.21 No cream, one sugar
Ch.22 Autura
Ch.23 Bees and Honey
Ch.24 Just a drop
Ch.25 The night changes
Ch.26 And there she was...
Ch.27 Puzzle Pieces
Ch.28 Strangers
Ch. 29 Thunder
Ch.30 Vestal
Ch. 31 Clay Doll
Ch.32 Caveman
Ch. 33 Cry me a river
Ch.34 Introductions
Ch.35 Fresh start and flowers
Ch.36 Heart to heart
Ch. 37 Time out
Ch.38 Soul's Solace
Ch.39 Like it's your last day
Ch.40 Promises of Forever
Ch.41 Bath time
Epilogue

Ch. 14 Take me home

5.8K 557 368
By marcyswales17

Chapter 14

Posey's shaky breath was all Killian could focus on. He sat still as a rock, staring at the glass vase at the center of the table as Dr. Trystand, Clare, Ares, and Hayden all sat in front of him along with Kiara's parents.

"I...I don't understand," Posey said, her eyes watering. "Why....how....Tobias?"

Tobias shifted uncomfortably in his chair. He looked at his wife and felt his heart shatter all over again. The look of despair and fear in them made his frozen heart crack like ice.

"This isn't real," Killian shook his head. "I get what you're saying. I'm looking at the evidence. But you're wrong."

"Killian," Ares leaned forward and folded his hands together on the table. "I know this is not easy to hear right now. But we only want to he-"

"I know Kia," Killian said firmly. "I know her inside and out. I know what she's like when she wakes up or when she thinks no is watching. I know what she's like when things don't go her way. Yes, she is spoiled and doesn't fit everyone's image of a normal girl. But that doesn't mean she's a....she's not a psychopath."

Posey's breath hitched. Her hand covered her soft lips as she tried not to cry. This was her baby they were talking about. She had raised her. Loved her unconditionally. Carried her in her arms. Sang to her when she was sick. Listened to her when she was angry. Posey couldn't stop all the memories running through her mind. Why had they gone wrong?

"Before she was taken to the island, did you notice anything strange with Kiara's behavior?" Dr. Trystand asked.

"No," Killian shook his head. "There was nothing that was out of the ordinary. She was herself. She was happy."

"It is possible the events on the island may have triggered something in Kiara," Clare watched Tobias very carefully. He was extremely quiet. "She could have been suppressing her instincts because she was surrounded by us and she mimicked how we behaved. But begging on the island and having to defend herself....that's a very high stress situation."

"No," Killian shook his head adminantly. "This is all wrong. She's not this person you're making her out to be."

"Killian," Hayden slowly started. "She killed an entire family."

"You were going to take out Livia Murd yourself," Killian snickered. "Why is that not considered murder?"

"I wasn't going to take out her whole family," Hayden defended. "Just Livia."

"Who is Livia Murd?" Posey asked. "Why did Kiara go after her?"

"Livia Murd is....was an old benefactor of project skyfall," Ares cleared his throat. "She pulled out when Ben left the project. But recently, she started to invest in the rebuilding efforts."

"How did you find this out?" Tobias asked.

"Murd reached out to Adeline and Ben," Ares explained. "She wanted to see if she could persuade them to go back to project skyfall."

Tobias slowly nodded.

"How did Kiara know about her?" Posey asked.

"That's what we are trying to find out," Clare took in a deep breath. "Nora said Kiara had asked her to transfer over some files onto her laptop from a hard drive. Livia's name was on one of the files."

"Where did she get the hard drive?" Posey shook her head.

"We don't know," Ares said. "She's working with someone who is giving her in-"

"This is ridiculous," Killian rose from his seat and ran a hand through his hair. He left out a breath as if trying to decide what to do or what to say.

"If Kiara was only going after the people directly involved with project skyfall we could somehow understand her motives," Clare said, her tone clipped and impatient. "But she's going after their families too. Livia Murd was on vacation with her kids and her husband. Everyone is dead. And let me tell you something, Kiara did not make it a painless death."

"How did this escalate so quickly?" Tobias narrowed his eyes. "If you had your suspicions, why didn't you come to us sooner?"

"Because we didn't think she would be a danger to others," Dr. Trystan said from where she sat. "We thought we had time to work with her and see how we can help her."

"But she's spiraling out of control," Ares said. "She knows we're on to her and she's rushing to take out as many people as she can."

"She's not spiraling," Killian stared out the window, the words tasting bitter in his mouth.

Is my crazy showing, Killian?

"She knows what she's doing is wrong."

Clare looked up at the boy, "How can you tell?"

"None of you are seeing the picture here," Killian said, turning to face the group. "The real Kiara, the one I've known my whole life, is in there. Clare, you said it yourself. Magic has memory. This...this vengeful killing is not Kiara. She wants to leave. She's asking us to help her."

"There is truth to what you are saying, Killian," Dr. Trystan said. "There is a big chance she is acting out because the memory from her magic is pushing her. I mean, Kiara has no prior record of violence. But we have to keep in mind that Kiara and her powers are one. She had them her whole life. Who knows how much of her is actually her and how much of it is the memory from the magic."

"They're too intertwined," Ares said.

"What if we use the calix?" Posey rushed to come up with some solution. "What if we transfer her powers?"

"She won't give it up," Clare said. "Especially not now."

"She feels as if she had a mission now," Dr. Trystand explained. "To take her abilities from her would be like stripping her of her defense."

"And who would we even transfer it to?" Ares asked.

"Me," Killian said without hesitation. "You can transfer it to me. I'll give her peaceful death."

"We talked about this, Killian," Clare shook her head "It won't work like that."

"Then what do we do?" Killian wanted to scream. "What are we supposed to do? Let her suffer? She's crying out for help. I see it. I can't just sit by and not help her! Tell me what to do and I'll do it."

"There is....a temporary solution," Clare's eyes slowly darted to Tobias.

The god's dark eyes darkened immediately. The muscle in his jaw jumped as his hands balled into fists.

"No," Tobias' voice was as cold as ice.

"Tobias...." Clare started slowly. "She's not going to stop. And we don't know how to help her just yet."

The temperature in the room began to drop as Tobias glared at Clare. Dark clouds rolled over the skies outside, giving warnings of a violent storm. Posey looked over her shoulder before turning to her husband.

"What?" She asked, fearful to know the answer. "What is it?"

Killian took a step closer. He wanted to know what Clare proposed that had Tobias' grip on his calm slipping.

"Posey..." Clare turned to the woman. "You know I love Kiara very much. I would never do anything to harm her."

"What do you want, Clare?" Posey's eyes shed the light they always carried and embraced the darkness.

It wasn't every day the queen of the underworld lost her light. But when she did, the air around her blew like the frozen ice land at the entrance of hell. Clare took in a deep breath as Ares held her hand under the table.

"Maybe..." she began slowly. "Just until we figure out how to help Kiara.....she can stay in Pandora's box."

Every single fear Killian had ever tried to hide in his mind came rushing forward all at once. Breathing became difficult as his ears began to ring. His chest tightened and his feet stumbled back a few steps.

As if Clare's words weren't enough, Killian's mind began to torture him even more. His vision blurred and he began to see Kiara standing at the door of Pandora's box. Just like the very first time he had seen her. Her hair messy, her eyes wide with wonder...

You're being very rude.

Killian's heart began to shiver as he heard Kiara's voice in his mind. Suddenly, nothing made sense to him. There was no hope anywhere as he looked at Posey and then at Tobias. His lungs were screaming for air. But Killian's brain couldn't function enough to tell his system to breathe.

"Tobias..." Ares looked at his uncle with caution. "We only want to hel-"

Posey suddenly rose from her seat. Everyone in the room stopped and stared at her as she took in a long deep breath and held her head high on her shoulders. The veins in her neck jumped as her eyes narrowed at Clare. Beside her Tobias slowly climbed to his feet.

"Killian," Posey said, without taking her eyes off of Clare. "Go wake Kiara up. We're leaving."

"No," Clare stood up. "Please, Posey. You can't."

"Do you want to try and stop me?" Posey raised a brow. "Your world is temporary, Clare. You all will come to my doorsteps as your final resting place. Do not cross me."

"Persephone," Ares stood up beside his wife.

"No," Posey's voice boomed like thunder in the sky. "Killian, go get Kiara."

______________________

When Killian entered the room, Kiara was sound asleep in bed. Her hair was spread over the pillows like black wings as her hand held the corner of the pillow. Her face was so peaceful, her full rosy lips slightly parted.

Killian walked over to the side of the bed and kneeled before her. He couldn't help the tears that rose to his eyes as he brushed back a few of the dark strands and took a hold of Kiara's hand. Bringing it to his lips, he kissed her fingers as he gazed at his angel.

Slowly, Kiara's brows furrowed before her eyes opened. She fought her way out of her sleep as the tears streaming down Killian's face pulled at her heart.

"Killian..." she said his name so gently and carefully yet it still made the boy crumble. "What's wrong?"

"I love you," Killian moved a bit closer and kissed her lips.

"I love you too," Kiara said, tasting the salty tears. She tried to rise but Killian shook his head. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"We have to go," Killian said, composing himself and smiling for Kiara's sake.

"Go? Go where?" Kiara asked, watching him wipe away his tears.

"We're going home," Killian gave a shaky laugh. "Posey and Tobias are here. You said you wanted to leave right?"

Kiara slowly sat up despite Killian's protest. She rubbed the sleep away from her eyes as her heart began to beat faster.

"We're going home?" She asked, searching Killian's eyes.

"Yeah," Killian nodded. "We're going home, baby. Let's bring Lila home."

Kiara threw back the covers and climbed out of bed. Killian took her hand and began to lead her towards the door when Kiara stopped and looked back.

"What about all my stuff?" she asked.

"You don't need it," Killian said, pulling her into his arms and kissing her forehead. "You don't need any of this."

Kiara shivered from the way Killian kissed her. She didn't argue with him as he led her through the door and out into the halls. Posey and Tobias turned to look at her as a portal opened.

"Come, little dove," Posey held out her hand for her daughter.

Kiara walked towards her mother as her eyes met Clare over Posey's shoulder. The gray in them seem to be holding back a thousand things as Kiara dared her to look away first. Beside Clare, Ares stood with his hands in his pocket, his face grim. Hayden, who stood in front of Nora, gave Killian a slight nod as if to say he would always be ready to help if he ever called.

"Ready?" Tobias shifted his gaze and smiled down at Kiara.

"Yes," Kiara nodded. "I'm ready."

Clare held her breath as the family stepped through the portal and the halls grew empty. No one around her made a sound as she stared at the spot where Tobias paused to look at her before closing the portal. After a long pause, Ares finally let out a breath and turned to his wife.

"We did all that we could for now," the god said.

"She's not going to stop," Clare shook her head.

"Then we just have to wait," Ares pulled her into his arms and kissed her cheeks. "Hayden, take Nora home. It's late."

"No portals!" Nora backed away as if Hayden was going to grab her.

"It's a long drive," Hayden complained.

"I can drive on my own," Nora said. "It's not that bad. You don't have to come."

"No," Clare shook her head. "Hayden, drive her home."

Hayden looked at Nora, "You heard the boss. Let's go."

Nora hesitated briefly and wondered if she should argue with Clare. She didn't want Hayden to drive her home. But arguing with Clare didn't seem like an option. With a deep sigh, she turned on her heels and headed for the office to grab her stuff. Hayden followed her, his hands in his pocket, playing with her watch.

Once Nora grabbed her bag and laptop, the pair silently made their way down to the first floor. The halls were dark and silent. The security guard didn't even pay them any attention as they walked out of the building and headed for the parking lot.

For a summer night, the air was oddly chilly. Nora looked up at the sky and realized it was filled with dark broody rain clouds, ready to burst any second. She prayed her tiny small car could be able to make it down the hills if it did begin to rain. But it seemed as if the universe had plans of its own as Nora and Hayden approached her car in the lot.

"What the hell?" Nora shrieked as she looked at her flat tire. "It was fine this morning."

"Maybe you drove over a nail or something," Hayden said. "Do you have a spare tire?"

"That was my spare tire," Nora groaned.

"So..." Hayden rocked back on his heels. "Portal?"

"No," Nora whirled around and shook her head. "Please, I'll call Aunt Lidia. She can come get me in a cab or something. No portal."

"Are you scared of portals?" Hayden was amused by her discomfort.

"Yes!" Nora didn't argue. "That stuff is freaky."

"It's completely safe."

"For y'all, maybe," Nora said. "Not for us. I've read studies where humans entered portals with all their organs and came out with none."

"That's ridiculous," Hayden shook his head.

"Can you do something about this?" Nora asked, pointing to her flat tire.

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"I don't know," Nora kicked the tire. "Snap your finger. Get me new tires or something. Use your magic."

"It's been a long day..." Hayden stared at the girl. "Using my magic will just knock me out right now."

"What kind of Cinderella bullshit is this?" Nora snapped. "Your magic disappeared after midnight?"

"Kind of," Hayden lied.

Truth was, he wasn't ready to let go of her just yet. After the day he just had, focusing on Nora was the only thing keeping his mind calm. If he were to be alone right now, Hayden would drive himself crazy thinking about Kiara and Killian.

And Hayden knew going home to see his family would only make things worse. Everyone would be talking about it. The best course of action would be to avoid them all as long as possible.

"Can you at least try?" Nora complained. "How am I going to get home?"

Just then, the first raindrop fell from the clouds.

"Oh fantastic!" Nora looked up at the night sky. "Why? "

"Nora," Hayden clicked his tongue. "My car is literally right next to your's."

"Oh."

"Get in," Hayden shook his head as he walked over to the passenger side and held the door open for her.

"Can this car handle the rain?" Nora asked as she climbed in. "When did you get your tires changed?"

"I don't know," Hayden said walking around to the driver side and climbing in. "Maybe we'll crash and fall into a ditch."

"Don't you bring that bad mojo energy in here!" Nora warned him. "I want to get home in one piece and have dinner. I'm starving. I skipped lunch trying to outshine Enzo and his horrible research skills."

"Again, no one asked you to do that," Hayden placed his hand behind Nora's seat as he looked over his shoulder and backed out of the parking spot.

"Careful," Nora said, watching him. "Eyes on the road. Don't run over any racoons."

"Boy, you're extra chatty today, aren't you?"

"I feel very jittery," Nora confessed as she shivered. "I think it was seeing Kiara....and then knowing what happened to Livia Murd."

"I understand," Hayden nodded. "Is your seatbelt on?"

"Yes," Nora nodded.

"Want me to turn on the heat?"

"No," the rain began to pour as Nora shook her head.

The small car filled with the sound of the heavy rainfall hitting the roof of the car. The wipers worked overtimes as it pushed off all the downpour in the dark. Hayden gripped the steering wheel with one hand as he narrowed his eyes to focus on the road. He knew he could drive faster but he figured Nora was already on edge. He didn't want to give her a heart attack.

"Is your aunt still here?" He asked when he noticed she had been quiet for way too long.

"Yes," Nora sighed. "She's using up all the water in Rhea. If there's a drought, we should kick her out first."

"What do you mean?"

"Aunt Lidia likes to take baths," Nora turned her head and looked at Hayden. "She can take up to 3 to 4 baths a day."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Nora shrugged. "She says it makes her feel calm. If you ask her she will tell you she was a mermaid in her past life."

Hayden smiled, "Do you believe that?"

"The woman can't swim."

"That about the other stuff? Hayden stole a glance at the girl beside him. "Past life and all."

Nora pondered for a few seconds and then shrugged, "I don't know...maybe it's possible. I mean a half jinn and half fey is driving me home so....anything is possible."

"Right," Hayden nodded. "Anything is possible."

"What about you?" Nora asked. "Do you believe in past lives?"

"With all my heart," Hayden chuckled. "My baba used to be immortal. He met my mother many times. She was always different. They always found their way to one another."

"Wow," Nora's voice grew quiet as she stared at Hayden. "That's beautiful....I had no idea."

"They don't talk about it much to the public," Hayden shrugged.

"Why not?"

"It's not a happy story."

"What happened?"

"My parents had a curse on them," Hayden stared straight ahead. "My mom died in all her past lives within three months of knowing my father."

Nora gasped, "Oh no...I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," Hayden gave her a small smile to show her it wasn't as tragic this time around. "They're fine now. They got their happily ever after."

"Thank god," Nora shook her head. "Poor Mr. Heyder. Imagine having to lose the love of your life over and over. No wonder he hates everyone."

"I can see how that made him bitter," Hayden nodded.

"I'm happy they have this life time together," Nora said, leaning her head back against the seat, her eyes still on Hayden. "And if there is life after this, I hope they find each other there too."

"I'm sure they will," Hayden nodded.

Nora turned away and looked out at the rain. She could faintly make out the lavender fields in the dark every time lightning lit up the sky. She was beginning to become more and more grateful at not having to drive in the storm.

"So what about your parents?" Hayden asked, looking over at her.

"What about them?" Nora looked down at her nails.

"What's their story?"

"Not so interesting, I'm afraid," Nora gave a short laugh before shaking her head and tucking her hair behind her ears. "They were high school sweethearts. Got married right out of college. They had me. We lived a very normal boring life."

"What is a normal boring life?" Hayden wanted to know.

"Small house, nosy neighbors, tight knit community, ice cream trucks in the summer, Christmas plays in the winter," Nora laughed. "Pie baking contests, spelling bees, mother's day picnics, Easter eggs hunts, fishing trips to the lake, boat rides and slumber parties."

"It sounds like you miss it," Hayden said, wishing he could look into her head and live those memories.

"Not really," Nora shook her head. "They're just memories of childhood. Everything's better when you're a child, you know? You don't notice all the stuff happening behind the scene. All you're worried about is finishing your science fair project on time."

Hayden slowly nodded, "Do your parents still live back home? I didn't see their contact information on your paperwork."

"My mom....she passed away when I was about nine or ten," Nora stared at her hand.

Hayden's eyes turned towards her, "I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay," Nora said. "It happened a very long time ago."

"What about your dad?"

"He's alive..." Nora looked up. "I think."

Hayden frowned as he stared at Nora wondering what she meant.

"After my mom died, my dad moved us here to Rhea," she began to explain. "He was working for Clare and I was enrolled in Donatus. But once I graduated and went off to college, he quit his job and now I don't know where he is."

"So he just left?" Hayden asked, baffled. "Without a word?"

"Pretty much," Nora sighed. "So it's just Aunt Lidia and me now."

Hayden slowly nodded, "I'm sorry about your dad."

"I'm not," Nora laughed. "He had a gambling habit. We had to sell everything from our old house when we moved to Rhea. Maybe that's what he's off doing now. Who knows? I'm just happy I don't have to deal with it."

"Yeah," Hayden said. "I'm happy you don't have to deal with that either."

Once again the pair fell into silence. They continued to drive in the rain for a while when Hayden heard Nora's stomach growled. She placed her hand over her belly and leaned her head back against the seat. Luckly, by that point Hayden had already pulled into town. He slowled the car to a stop causing Nora to raise a brow and wonder where they were.

"This is not my house," she said, looking out the window.

"I know," Hayden took off his seat belt. "This is the only restaurant open right now. Are you okay with bar food?"

"We're stopping for dinner?"

"Why not?" Hayden asked. "We're both starving."

"It's like 1 AM," Nora checked her wrist only to realize she didn't have her watch. "I think."

"What kind of Cinderella bullshit is this?" Hayden laughed. "Do you not eat after midnight?"

"I would much rather be home in bed."

"Nonsense," Hayden was already climbing out of the car. Nora watched him as he walked around the front and came to open her door. "Come on. Let's grab dinner."

Nora hesitated. She stared up at him as the light rain caught the street light. A few droplets hit the roof of the car and splattered on her face as she continued to weigh Hayden's offer.

"I'm going to count to ten," Hayden said. "If you don't come out, I'll portal you inside."

"You're bluffing."

"Ten...nine...eight....seven..."

"Okay, okay!" Nora unbuckled her seat belt and jumped out of the car.

Hayden grinned as he locked the doors, "Let's go."

The short walk to the bar left Nora's hair frizzy and half wet. She could smell the rain on her locks as they entered the nearly empty place and grabbed a seat at the first table they found. The waitress, a heavy set woman with a lot of arm tattoos, came over with a smile paper menu and asked if they wanted any drinks.

"He's driving so no alcohol for him," Nora told the lady.

"Mortal alcohol does not affect me," Hayden said, scanning the menu. "What is an Irish fry out?"

"Deep fried everything," the waitress laughed. "Onion rings, sausage, wings, mozzarella sticks, deep fried pickles."

"Deep fried pickles?" Nora's eyes widened. "Oooo, I'll have that."

"This is a heart attack on a plate, Nora," Hayden said with disapproval.

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time," Nora picked up her water and raised it to the waitress. "An Irish fry out for me, please."

"I'll have the classic cheeseburger with extra cheese and a side of fries please," Hayden handed the woman the menu.

"You got it," the waitress said as she turned and walked off.

"I like her tattoos," Nora said, following the woman with her eyes.

"You like tattoos?" Hayden took a sip of his ice water.

"Sometimes," Nora said. "They have to be meaningful. Not just random skulls and knives. Your dad's tattoos are nice."

"Do you have a crush on my dad or something?" Hayden chuckled. "First you say he's nice and now you like his tattoos."

"He's a very interesting man," Nora laughed.

"Most people don't like him."

"Why not?"

"Because he's not nice!"

Nora threw her head back and laughed. The guys sitting at the bar looked over their shoulders as the girl shook with laughter at the table by the window. Hayden raised a brow and caught their eyes as they quickly turned back to their drinks.

"What about you?" Nora asked, composing herself slowly.

"Do I like my baba? Of course! I love the crazy old man."

"No," Nora shook her head. "I mean tattoos. Do you have any?"

"I do," Hayden nodded.

"Now many?"

"A few."

"Where are they?"

"In places I can't show you in public."

Nora choked on her water. She began to cough as she sat her glass down and turned as red as a tomato.

"I mean here," Hayden quickly gestured towards his torso. "My tattoos are here. On my chest and sides of my stomach."

Nora nodded, grabbing the napkin from the table and whipping her lips. Hayden quickly grabbed his napkin and wiped the water she had spilled on the table.

Why did he have to use such poor wording?

"Do you have any tattoos?" Hayden quickly changed the subject.

"No," Nora shook her head. "I'm afraid it'll hurt too much. I have a very low tolerance for pain."

"How low?"

"I cry during blood tests," Nora laughed. "And the flu shot every year? Forget about it."

"Oh no," Hayden chuckled. "That's really bad."

"Yeah," Nora leaned forward and folded her arms on the table.

She scanned the bar with her curious eyes as she absent mindlessly chewed on her bottom lip. Hayden tried to busy himself with his glass of water but he couldn't help but notice the way her hair fell around her shoulder. She really did have such nice long locks. The blush pink shirt she wore made her lips look pinker and her cheeks rosier. Nora cleared her throat, not noticing the way Hayden's eyes followed her. She patted down her hair, trying to tame it, but as Hayden watched, she missed a few flyaway strands. Without thinking, Hayden reached across the table and brushed aside Nora's hand.

Nora stilled and looked up. She lowered her hand as Hayden smoothed down her hair before dropping his gaze to meet her.

"Sorry," he said, retreating his hand quickly. "You were missing that spot."

"Thanks," Nora reached up and readjusted her hair. "The rain makes it messy."

"It's not too messy," Hayden assured her.

Just then, to save them from the awkward situation, the waitress arrived with their food. Nora gasped at the size of her plate and immediately knew she would not be able to finish everything. Hayden laughed as she sat starting at her onion ring tower with fear in her eyes.

"This looks delicious," he said, stealing an onion ring.

"This is enough to feed a small village," Nora laid down her napkin on her lap. "Where do I start? What is all this?"

"Would you like to switch?"

Nora looked up to see if the boy was being serious, "Really?"

"I won't die of a heart attack if I eat that," Hayden pointed to Nora's plate. "I'm here for a good time."

"Thank you," Nora said as she watched Hayden switch their plates.

"Birdie would love this," Hayden said diggin into the wings.

By the time they finished eating and paying the bill, which Hayden paid before Nora could even see the check, it was around 3 in the morning. They walked to the car with the bar lights shimmering on the wet pavements and the cool breeze from the rain flowing through the streets. Nora buckled in her seatbelt and shivered as Hayden climbed into the driver's seat and turned on the heat. He drove the few blocks to her apartment silently as Nora tried to stay awake in the passenger seat. Once they got to her building, he helped her get out of the car and walked her to the door.

"I would invite you in but it's getting pretty late," Nora said as she stood outside her apartment door.

"It's fine," Hayden smiled. "Tomorrow call me twenty minutes before you are ready to leave and I'll come pick you up."

"Why?" Nora asked.

"Because you don't have a car..."

"Oh, right!" Nora burst into laughter. "Forgot about that."

Hayden shook his head as he backed away from the door, "Good night, Nora."

"Good night, Hayden," Nora gave him a small wave as she pushed her door open. "Drive safe."

"I will."

"Good."

"Great."  

You asked for more Nora and Hayden hehehe :P 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7.2K 27
"You're a killer, a monster. There is no 'master' for you. Everyone that loved you is dead. Because of you! Don't flatter yourself. No one will ever...
86 0 197
:)))))
141K 4.2K 41
I should be living my life like every second was my last, Not wishing it was, But when I'm with her, I forget the difference.
18.6K 404 11
Beloved. Mine. My Queen. My Life. My Death. 'We will now be together. For eternity.'