Euphoria | George Weasley

By greylines05

Adeline Hemmings was almost done with her sixth year, everything going smoothly... until she met George Weasl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Forty One
Sorry
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty Eight

169 6 2
By greylines05

It had been well over a month since I'd pondered being George's plus one to Ron and Hermione's wedding.

It wasn't that I didn't want to go with George, it was the fact that the bride didn't seem to fond of me.

"Adeline? Sweetheart, are you ok?" George's voice intruded my thoughts, conjuring up the best smile I could.

"Yeah, totally," I tried to sound convincing.

I could tell by the doubtful look George gave me that he wasn't buying it, mentally cursing myself.

"Look, go have fun being a groomsman, I'll be right here-"

"George Fabien Weasley!"

A high-pitched scolding voice rang out from behind me, George's hands instinctively grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. I was turned to see a short woman, clearly his mother from the tone and fiery red hair.

"You didn't tell me I was meeting your mom," I whispered out in a rush, tightly squeezing his hand.

"We're at Ron's wedding, I thought it was a given," he muttered back, making me shoot a glare at him.

"I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it. I'll make it up to you," he quietly apologized.

Before I could reply his mother was standing in front of us, her arms outstretched. I assumed she was going for George, being proven wrong when she pulled me away from him and into a death grip of a hug.

"It's so wonderful to meet you! You," she pointed at George, "you made me think you weren't coming!" She exclaimed, her expression softening when she finally settled her eyes on him.

"I'm sorry, mum. Pig decided to be slow," he explained, pulling me back.

"Mhm, blame it on owl post," she sarcastically replied, glancing back at me with a smile.

"Hello, dear. I'm Molly Weasley," she hastily introduced herself, something else catching her eyes.

"No! No, the plants go over on the other side of the tent!" She exclaimed, George wincing while I turned to see a few people navigating bouquets of flowers.

"I apologize, things are hectic around here," she continued, taking a breath.

"I completely understand. Uh, A-Adeline Hemmings." I nervously slid in an introduction while I had the chance, feeling George's arm settle around my waist in an attempt to settle my anxiousness.

"Oh, I know! George wrote me a letter ages ago-"

"Hey, uh, shouldn't you be getting your seat?" George suggested, interrupting Mrs. Weasley as my curiosity peaked.

"Oh yes! Adeline, sweetie, you can sit with us since George will be at the front," she said, grabbing me once again after George gave me a kiss.

"You look lovely," he whispered, feeling my cheeks heat up before his grip let up and he disappeared into the gathering crowd.

"Sorry to pull you away, but Arthur and I have heard a bit about you," she muttered in a hushed voice, dodging people who were trying to gather in their seats.

Ron was already gathered with who I assumed to be his brothers along with Harry at the front, watching as George joined them a second later.

"What year are you again?" She asked, bringing my attention back.

"You know I'm still a student?" I questioned, feeling queasy when she suddenly stopped and sat down on the second row.

"Well, I didn't. That was until Hermione and Ginny happened to mention it when George finally filled out the invitation. We haven't seen him in ages," she said, her motions exaggerated.

"Oh, uh, well. I'm going into my last year," I muttered, half expecting her to go silent or either freak out like the others had seemingly done.

"You're almost done! I remember the boys studying all their seventh year. Well, most of them. Fred and George, they were doing the joke shop," she told me, his voice slightly faltering.

"You know, the front row is reserved for all the ones that we wanted to see this day, but couldn't," she solemnly explained, motioning towards the empty front row.

"I'm sorry," I quietly apologized, knowing there wasn't much else I could do to provide comfort.

She gave me a hearty pat on my shoulder, smiling away the bad memories.

"I'm very happy you were able to make it. George hasn't seemed this happy in... I can't even tell when."

She mumbled words to herself while my eyes traveled back to George, his catching mine. He was still for a moment before his hands formed into a small heart, having to hold in my laughs while I subtly mocked his movements.

He rolled his eyes before paying attention to the conversation in front of him, turning my head to see a smiling Mrs. Weasley.

"I'm so sorry, what were you saying?" I quickly asked, feeling my cheeks burn hot.

Great first impression.

"I didn't say anything, sweetie. Just admiring," she admitted with a small grin.

The moment was interrupted when a man hastily sat beside the jolly woman, instantly holding out his hand towards me.

"Arthur Weasley, nice to meet you."

"Adeline Hemmings," I responded, his eyes lighting up.

"She's American, too!" He excitedly directed at his wife, laughing as she hit his arm.

"Manners!"

"It's fine, he's right," I told her, getting a warm aurora from the Weasley's. I liked it.

"Tell me, do you drive on the right side of the road, or the left-"

"Shh, it's about to start, dear," Mrs. Weasley interrupted him, grabbing her handkerchief and wiping the immediate tears that seemed to start appearing while the music began to play.

~~~

I stood at one of the tables while Mr. Weasley continued to ask questions about 'muggles in America,' hearing the bustle of everyone around us.

Watching Mrs. Weasley pull everyone into hugs, Ron went around shouting, "I'm married now!" and pointing at his ring. It was going to be a long night.

"So no telephone booths?" Mr. Weasley questioned, pushing his drink to the side.

"Not really in Seattle. They sort of did away with them after smart phones became popular," I answered, watching the lightbulb go off when he remembered what a smart phone actually was.

"My apologies. I work in the muggle artifacts department but America is still so different than here," he said, making me nod.

"I agree, very different. I didn't think I was going to make it on my own out here," I admitted, getting a slight smile out of him.

"I've just never heard of an American witch going to Hogwarts," he voiced.

I kept the fact that I was adopted to myself, not knowing how much information was a proper amount to give. I had not been prepared for this.

My silence was interrupted with a small gasp, feeling someone's arm slide around my waist.

"Ah, George! Just talking with Adeline here for a bit. America seems very interesting, maybe we should make a trip!" Mr. Weasley enthusiastically suggested, making me laugh.

"Are you bombarding the poor girl with questions?" Mrs. Weasley's voice was heard a second later.

He laughed while she glanced at George and I, placing her hand on her husbands shoulder.

"My apologies, again. Want to dance?" He quickly directed at Mrs. Weasley, watching them disappear in a moments notice.

I turned around to see the familiar face I had missed, my hands resting around his neck.

"I was going to rescue you, but I seemed too late," he laughed, starting to sway to the music that played on in the background.

"Mm, true. But no, it was a fun conversation. I like your parents," I assured him, a small grin creeping onto his face.

"I'm sorry, again. I should have just said they were going to be here," he apologized, shaking it off.

"I should have figured, it's not your fault," I muttered, slowing down to match the tempo of the music.

"We haven't discussed birthday plans," he bothered, getting a playful huff out of me.

"We can talk about it tomorrow."

"Your birthday is tomorrow," he replied, laughing.

"As long as I'm with you I don't care," I told him, his eyes softening.

"God, you make me melt," he whispered, his fingers running through the tips of my hair.

He gave me a gentle kiss, ending with one on my forehead before my head rested on his chest.

"We'll figure something out," he said, not giving up.

"We'll see about that," I challenged, continuing to hold onto him as the music finished.

~~~

Hey guys!! I was finally able to write something that wasn't so bad, but it still wasn't my favorite. I doubt I will be taking any breaks since I'm starting to feel a bit better, but still not the best.

I'm going to figure things out, but until then please stay tuned and keep reading!! I want to thank everyone who has read and commented on my story so far and just know I appreciate all of you and all the support I get!!

Don't forget to stay safe out there and please remember to take care of yourselves!! (A very sweet reader had to remind me of that and I appreciate it so much <3) but love you peeps!!

SIDE NOTE: I didn't realize it while writing this or the end of chapter note but today's May 2nd and it would've been 23 years since Fred passed (if we're basing it off 2021 standards but the story isn't based in 2021) but that realization just kinda made me sad so I'm sorry :(

-GreyLines

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.7K 39
You start your fifth year at Hogwarts. You are a very normal girl...kind of. Also you cannot stand the twins. But when one of the twins fall for you...
30 0 28
This is Book 3 of my Fanfiction Series (based on the Harry Potter World) - my plan is to do a total of 10 books. Sabrina has completed her 2nd year...
568K 21.9K 76
"𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮." "𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶." ────────────────── Following the events of the...