milk and caramel latte | saik...

By itsmarleyagain

Skater boy Saiki and student council president Teruhashi AU ~ The aloof boy caught the perfect girl's attenti... More

2 - presence

1 - bother

229 10 9
By itsmarleyagain

"T- Teruhashi-san, here's the school festival ideas proposed by the clubs....," The treasurer of their student council held out the list with a bright red blush on their face. Teruhashi smiled at them and took it, "Thank you! I'll read them once I'm done with these."

"O- Oh, by the way, Teruhashi-san! Our prefect told us to ask you if you could try talking to these guys. They don't have clubs yet so he wanted you to try persuading them into some...I mean, I could do it for you if you want to!" They shyly handed over a small piece of paper with a few names on them.

Teruhashi accepted it with a soft giggle. "No need! If it's a task for the president, then I should do it. Thank you again."

The treasurer nodded and quickly ran off the room. Teruhashi giggled, thinking, Oh, how adorable. I'm sure I just made their day just by smiling at them, hehe!

She flipped through her numerous paperwork and stretched her arms. "Aaah, I hope I finish this early. I'm so tired," She yawned and looked out the window. It was around 5:30 pm, so it was still bright outside. She saw some students with clubs busy with their activities. Resting her chin on her arm, she heaved a soft sigh. "Hmm, should I try applying to the track and field club? I do like running...,"

Glancing at her paperwork, she chuckled. "Maybe once I'm done with all of these."

She starts to read through them and was already finished with most of them after some time. She glanced at the wall clock near her. "6 pm? So just thirty minutes, good for me!"

The follow-up job from the prefect should be easy. I'll talk to them when I see them today but if not then I'll do it tomorrow.

Deciding she was thirsty, she took her wallet with her and headed to the vending machine most near the student council office. She put some coins in but noticed it wasn't working. "Eh? Broken? How unexpected...this usually doesn't happen to me. Oh well, I'll just look somewhere else."

After looking around the school, she ended up on the back of the campus, where there were 2 vending machines. She took a peek at the selection of snacks available. "Whoa, these are almost empty...orange juice?! And some chips. I guess wasabi's fine. Today's not my day. That's so weird-"

"EHEHEHE, Kaidou, you fell for the fifth time already. Just stop."

"Shut up, Nendou! I was just testing it out! I'm not even serious."

"Oooh, so you're gonna get serious now? So, if you fall again, you just suck, right?"

"Wh- Who says I'm trying again? I'm gonna get some jui- OFFU."

The two stopped bickering when they met the eyes of the student council president, also known as the prettiest girl in, like, existence. Many have confirmed and none have denied. It is what it is.

Nendou elbowed his friend, "Did you just offu at Pres? You have a girlfriend, y'know?"

"I- I can't NOT offu at T- Te - Teruhashi-san! Even married people do it!"

Teruhashi giggled, "What are you guys doing here? Are those...," she pointed the skateboards on the ground. Right, these guys always play them in the back. That reminds me-

"Where're your two other friends? Kuboyasu-kun and... Saiki-kun, was it?"

Kaidou answered immediately. "We're waiting for them! They're fixing their boards."

Saiki Kusuo was one of the people in the paper. Should I wait for him? Hmm...

"Is it fine if I wait with you guys? I have something I need to talk about with Saiki-kun." Teruhashi gave them a pleading look, which of course, worked easily on them.

"Of course, Teruhashi-san! This midget here was practicing earlier so he can show off some tricks to ya." Nendou grinned at Kaidou, who was bright red all over. "N- Ne- N- Nendou-!"

Teruhashi laughed with Nendou. These guys are funny. I don't mind waiting with them.

The pair bickered, with Teruhashi just laughing along with them. After some time, three people arrived. Two of them were Teruhashi's classmates, although one wasn't.

"Oh, they're here. Buddyyyyyyyyyy!" Nendou ran to them and slung his arm over the neck of a certain pink-haired guy. That's Saiki-kun! Teruhashi thought and stood up. The one with them who was unfamiliar to Teruhashi was a girl, who whispered a silent offu once she saw her.

"Oho, even Kaidou's girl said offu to Teruhashi-san." Nendou joked.

"Teruha- offu," Teruhashi's classmate, Aren, also muttered an offu once he saw her. "H- Hey, Teruhashi-san, what are you doing with these guys?"

"I had something to discuss with Saiki-kun. Is it fine if I borrow him for a bit?"

"Will it be quick? We have some plans." Y/N asked.

Teruhashi nodded. "Yeah! It shouldn't take long."

She looked at the person in question, Saiki, who was quiet and had a bored expression. Saiki, Aren, and Y/N were already wearing their casual clothes, meaning they already got home earlier.

Saiki had baggy clothes, but it was put together neatly and looked quite good on him.

He seems kinda intimidating though. I'm sure he won't be mean to me, of course. Teruhashi smiled at him and pointed the back with her thumb. "Can you come with me?"

Saiki seemed bugged, (No way? Teruhashi immediately thought) and nodded.

Teruhashi awkwardly turned around and walked forward, glancing back from time to time to check if he was following behind her. He's freakishly quiet, what? Is he nervous? My looks aside, I'm the student council president. He might be worried he's in trouble!

"If you're nervous, it's fine! You're not in any trouble," Teruhashi stopped walking and went to the vending machine. "Would you like some juice, Saiki-kun?"

Saiki pointed the caramel latte coffee box on the side. "Sure, I'll pick this one." Teruhashi bought the coffee he picked and one milk box for herself. She handed it over to him and smiled. "Here you go."

He took it from her and shook it slightly before popping on the straw.

The pair drank in silence. Is he really gonna keep quiet? Jeez...I'll get to business then. Y/N did say they had plans.

"So, how'd you like our school clubs?" Teruhashi asked in a friendly tone.

The pink-haired boy remained silent, his eyes looking away from her as he continued drinking as if he was saying, 'Just get to the point', or at least that was what she presumed.

Will he budge?... Of course, I'm still Teruhashi, the prettiest girl in existence! He won't be able to resist me.

"You see, our teachers asked me to inform you about it. You don't have a club yet, and we're already at half the school year. While it isn't required, the teachers and I, myself, would like it if you joined one." She gave him her trademark pretty-please smile, pairing it with an adorable head tilt.

Still, Saiki looked at her dead in the eye, as quiet as ever. He even looked quite annoyed, like she was wasting his precious time, blinking quite a lot. Teruhashi was speechless; how did that not work? Had she done that to the Japanese prime minister they would get down on their knees and do whatever she asked.

"Would you join one, please? We have a big selection of clubs! You could even make one with your friends if you don't have one you like." Teruhashi smiled even brighter than before, beating thousands of suns with its radiance. If a passerby saw her right now they would end up in tears and awe, blinded by the light that came from her beautiful smile.

However, the man before her was still as disinterested as before, probably thinking about getting some coffee jelly or something after this.

HOW DARE YOU LOOK BORED Teruhashi thought, simply wanting to beat up a stick in annoyance. No, a perfect girl would persevere! This is an important task asked by our prefect of discipline. I can't give up!

"Excuuuse me, Saiki Kusuo-kun? Jeez, don't just stare at me. I'm getting a bit shy, you know...," Teruhashi timidly scratched her cheek. This cutesy girl act usually only comes up in important situations, but I have to try everything I can right now! Come on, stupid little pink-haired guy, just join a club already!!

"Saiki-kuuuuN?" Teruhashi walked closer to him and batted her carefully constructed lashes bestowed by God.

Saiki sighed. Wait, he did what?

He lent out his hand, which she somehow understood what it meant. She took out a notepad and placed it gently on his palm. He bit the straw stuck on the carton and from his pocket and brought out his pen. He wrote something on the notepad and held it out to her. With that, he walked away and went back to his friends.

"Oi, Saiki! What took you so long? What were you guys talking about?"

"I- I can't believe you talked so much with Teruhashi-san...I could never..."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Y/N, I don't think you could, either..."

They turned to look at Teruhashi and waved idly. "We're gonna go now, Teruhashi-san. Do you want to come with us? We're getting some ramen!"

Teruhashi smiled apologetically. "Ah, sorry, I'm stumped with paperwork...I hope you guys enjoy the ramen!"

"Ah, too bad...well, do your best!"

"See ya tomorrow, Teruhashi-san! Hehe."

Teruhashi watched as the group walked out from the school's back exit, clutching their boards with them.

Eeeh, must be nice. Teruhashi stared at them, then at a particular pink-haired guy. That guy...he looked so bored while talking with me. How can that happen? Anyone of any age or gender would love to talk to me, and yet he's...

She remembered how he stared at her, blinking and blinking as if he was fighting back sleep. Why was he blinking so much? So weird.

She looked at the notepad and the pen he's left with her.

"Choose whatever you want that aren't sports"?

Her face flushed red. "That guy...! The audacity he- I-! How can he do this to me? He- He's-! He's asking me to do his work? I...I can't believe it!"

I'll make him take up basketball or baseball, that jerk....! Wait, no. She breathed in and out. I'll try to understand him. Maybe he's busy, or he's just super shy to talk to others. A perfect girl would never do such a petty thing. Yep, gotta stay calm.

She stared at his lop-sided yet strangely pretty handwriting. "Just like the clothes he wears."

Still, a weirdo who probably can't even speak because of how much of a beauty I am. Well, not the first time it's happened.

Teruhashi pocketed her notepad and the pen he lent to her.

~

"S- Sure, Teruhashi-san! Anything for you!"

It's like they practiced their reply... Teruhashi thought. She smiled at him, "Thank you, Haruto-kun."

The poor lad almost fainted with the thought of her remembering his name occupying his head. "H- Haruto-kun!"

After dealing with that, Teruhashi crossed off his name from her notepad once she was alone. "And that's the last one! The day just started too. Nothing less from me!" She whispered to herself with a proud smile.

Teruhashi crouched on a corner, a place with vending machines and the like, and grinned as she flipped through her notepad, which she filled with many of her to-do lists, doodles, some complaints, and all-around personal things that a teen girl would write, at least, in this case, a 'perfect' teen girl would write.

The important lists and information were organized, while the doodles and random stuff were 'girly' and playful...except for one page.

Choose whatever you want that aren't sports

Something about it really irked her. So simple, yet so demanding. So blunt. So...

"So annoying...!"

He had the audacity to speak so informally and bluntly to her, Teruhashi Kokomi, who not only is a student council president, but an all-rounder in most if not all aspects be it sports, academics, or beauty, or arts, or literally anything humanely possible. And she's humble about it too. (Well, she doesn't brag about it, at least not out loud...)

But he...he...! How can he be so...well, it's not a big deal right? He just asked me to choose...whatever...I wanted...UGH! The NERVE to be so dismissive like I'm a pushy president who's bothering him! I did him a huge favor, approaching him first and personally! People would do anything to get a chance to talk to me! Argh, I'm so angry...!

She scribbled doodles and some childish insults under his note. 'Hehe, he looks so ugly here. I'll draw his antennae...like this! Haha---!'

A crunch. Teruhashi immediately stood up and looked around, hiding her notepad inside her pocket. W- Was somebody here? Oh no, I was being loud...I was probably smiling weirdly too. Well, I'd probably look good in any angle though...

She looked around, but no one was in sight. She snuck a peek at where the sound came from and found a crushed cherry soda can on the floor. "Jeez, littering! These brats." She muttered and picked up the can.

Hmm, maybe it was a cat. Teruhashi thought and threw the can inside the trash bin.

~

I'm not a cat. He sighed. Guess I can't get a new can now. Good grief...go write in your diary somewhere else.

~

note:

Sometimes you write for others. Sometimes you write for yourself. This is one of those times.

^ an elaborate excuse to defend my shitty writing

Also, if you're wondering why Kaidou's girlfriend is Y/N, my friend bugged me about adding a Y/N in this book. Here you go, friend.

Anyways this book is mostly self indulgent. I thought of sharing this story for all my teruhashi stans/ aka fellow kokomins and for all saiteru/terusai shippers. I hope you like it!

~

ps forgive my terrible comedic skills im really trying here ; ;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
258K 9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
188K 8.7K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
133K 5.5K 99
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...