5 Months (one-shot book)

By crystaltearzs

NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE LOL. After Alya's parents go on a 5 month business tr... More

Valentine's Day
Believe in yourself
Meeting new people

Settling In

5 0 0
By crystaltearzs

This isn't really an oneshot, rather an introduction.

ALYA'S POV:

---------------

I hugged my parents one last time, said the final goodbyes, and watched them leave for the airport. My stomach was tied up in a knot, my heart was beating fast. ''This is it'' I thought. ''I won't see my parents in-person for 5 months.'' I sighed. I suddenly heard a notification. It was a message from my dad. I didn't even bother to read it. I was too sad to talk to my parents right now. I turned around, only to see a nice, small but cute yellow house. I could see flowers on the windowsills. The front porch looked nice and well-groomed. I sighed once again. I went to the front door and knocked. I waited for a bit, only to see a nice old short lady. She looked like she was in her 70s. 

- Hello young lady. You must be Alya?
- Yes... I'm Alya.

The lady suddenly smiled from ear to ear, and yelled in ecstasy: ''She's here!''

I heard rumbling, and then two men showed up. One was a tall man, who looked around 20. He had dark brown curly hair, blue eyes and a gentle smile. The other one was a bit shorter, with pale skin, brown eyes and black hair. I noticed them holding hands.

- Are they...?
- Yes, yes, they're a gay couple. They're just too cute, aren't they? - the old lady said.

My eyes immediately lighted up. I love, and I mean LOVE, gay couples. They're just too cute.

- Does that mean...

- Yes yes, but please come inside. It's a little awkward talking here.

I nodded and went inside. I walked into the hall, took off my shoes, and entered the house. The smell of freshly baked cake filled my lungs. I found myself in a nice, modern but cozy kitchen. Right next to it was a living room, and the stairs that led upstairs were in the middle. I really liked the house. It made me feel safe. All 4 of us sat at the table to talk.

- This is Luke, Luke Miles. - she said, pointing at the tall boy.

... - And this is Alexander, Alexander Lawrence. - she said, pointing at the shorter boy.

- Just call me Zander. - Zander said. (No, they're not characters from TMF, they just have the same names and personalities, but other than that, they're different.)

- And I'm Mary. But please, call me Grandma. - the old lady said.

- Okay... Grandma. - I said.

- They both live with me. They're such big babies. - she laughed. - Luke's 19, Zander's 18. I took care of Zander ever since he became an orphan, like 7 years ago. 

I suddenly noticed Zander becoming sadder and Luke putting his arm around him. I felt so bad for him.

- Anyyywaays, Zander met Luke in highschool. They became inseparable and they eventually became what they are now. Zander moved in like 5 months ago. Every day is an adventure with them, haha. 

- You know what, Grandma? I'll show Alya the rest of the house. - said Luke, who looked a little bit annoyed by now. He got up, took me by my hand and led me upstairs. 

- This is the bathroom, this is our bedroom, this is our bedroom, this is Grandma's, and this is yours. - he said, with a gentle smile. I smiled back, and entered my room.

- Make this room yours! We got LED lights and fairy lights for you, and also some decorations. 

I squealed. Ah yes! This is gonna be awesome! Luke went to get the stuff, while I looked around. The room was a bit empty, but it was fine. I loved the big window leading to the garden. Luke soon came back with all these decorations. We put them up together. After making my room look a little better, Luke sat me down on the bed, and sat down next to me. 

- Alya, there's one thing you need to know. Zander is struggling with depression. Don't talk about the family he lost, or any topics like that, okay?

I nodded. He then smiled again, which at that point was already annoying. He then left the room  and I was there all alone. For the rest of the day we played board games, ate dinner, and finally prepared to go to sleep. I was very tired, but I was looking forward to the next day.

739 words<3

Any requests? Tell me in the comments! Also please don't suggest smut, lemons, or any stuff like that. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 145 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
116K 3K 43
In which people from the past get sent into the future to watch movies about a special pair of twins lives.
2.5M 46K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
244K 5.5K 56
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc