TAMED ✓ [Editing]

By MelNwrites

Call me a spoilt brat? That's what they all say. Don't worry I'm used to it now. I have felt till I feel no m... More

Author's Note
Cast -1
🥀| Broken
🥀| Monster Self
🥀| Pain Again
🥀| Korle-Bu Hospital
🥀| Outbursts
🥀| Dilemma
🥀| Let's do this!
🥀| Party Girl
🥀| Gone
🥀| Trouble looms
Part Two📍
Cast -2
🌱| Far from home
🌱| A place called Home
🌱| Reflections
🌱| Self Distract Mode
🌱| KB City
🌱| Entwined with Royalty
🌱| Farmer Boy and I
🌱| Entangled
🌱| Marriage?
🌱| Bride or Collateral
🌱| Teelebration
🌱| Hear me Heir
🌱| Hear me Heir
🌱| Bugum Rush
🌱| His Ride
🌱| Bugum the night away
🌱| Revelations
🌱| Take me home
🌥️|New Beginnings
🌥️ | This is us
🌥️| Game Changers
🌥️| Past Tense
🌥️| Amends ?
🌥 | Northed '22
🌥| Holy Grounds
🌥 | Forever You
🌥 | Light me up
The End

🌱| Life Sucks!

25 5 4
By MelNwrites

Shenelle POV

"His mercies are new every morning, great is his faithfulness", Lamentations 3:22
I don't know why but I can't stop reciting this memory verse from Sunday school!

"Is it just me, or am I feeling this particular day than another day?," I ask Teeya as I empty the final basin of water into the gigantic pot which was now full to the brim.

"I am even more shocked at your excitement my dear" Teeya retorts back.

We have concluded all our work for the day.
Teeya and I will go to the market square to buy shea butter, My Nivea body lotion is finished and I need to make a switch. I decide to go the local way, you know to shake things up a little bit.

The sun is making it's way to the middle of the sky, and the temperatures are gradually going up. This doesn't bother me because, I'm used to the climate over here.

On our way to the market, we bump into Teeya's old class mates heavily indulged in the game of "Ampe".

I have seen may girls Ampe before but hey this one is just on a different level. The girls are playing with very high energies, youthful northern exhubrance at its peak! They are clapping and jumping as high as their feet can carry them. Also, they are unanimously sweating profusely and they are singing rhythmically to this tune,

"Yi zoromi bee ka yi shini o ka o chana,
( Do you fear her( the one winning) and you've left her and she's going)"
This indeed is the Northern Version of Ampe!

I can see it in Teeya's eyes that she wants to join so I push her in and we both join them to play, in no time I am also singing the song, the song I've never heard and I know nothing about, it goes like this

Yi zoromi bee....* clap, clap*.......
Ka yi shini o......*bend down low and jump as high as possible*.....
Ka o chana...* Kick the foot of your choice*

The feeling was so ecstatic. And I am now drenched in sweat, bubbling with joy.
Their energy was so infectious.
We became so tired and we begged to leave the game. Teeya herself was so shocked as to how I was singing and playing the Ampe.
The market square was a few metres away and in no time we had picked the shea butter of our choice, and we were now lazily walking home.

I couldn't hide my outmost shock at how outrageously cheap the shea butter was. We had a very big container for a song. I wondered why shea butter with all it's high nutritional value could be so cheap.We ladies rush in to buy very expensive skin care products, all in the name of looking good, for all we know all the nutrition of shea butter is higher than those products. It's a win win situation to spend less, but still glow beautifully. Think about it!

Just when I thought my day was going on well, fate decided to bring Timtooni to us to spoil it. Yes! We bump into him and he is coming to us for a conversation.

God Almighty knows how hard I've been avoiding. I don't want to meet with him or talk to him, If not these jealous village females will not let me rest ....Gosh he is getting closer. Focus girl focus!

He comes closer and as usual draws us into a conversation. It hurts me how he acts as if everything is okay, when it's not. Teeya notices my discomfort, but there is very little she could do, it's either I step up for myself and be free or I just suffer like a prisoner. I don't think I can hold it any longer...

Timtooni I don't want you to be friends with you anymore. There are many girls who would die to be your friend, I guess I'm not a fit", I find myself saying. Although I my heart is in deep contrast and I do want to be his friend.

He has a surprised look on his face. I'm sure he was never expecting it. Just as he was about to say something, maybe in reply to my order, I chip in with this

"Timtooni didnt you get it, Being friends with you makes me the bad one. I'm not physically and mentally strong to be called a jahimilo(Prostitute) because if you, please leave me alone", I find myself lashing out dangerously at Timtooni.

Without looking back I quickened my steps and Teeya follows from behind, trying to keep up with me.

It's almost dark and I am standing outside the house Watching the beautiful sunset. Fleeting thoughts of Timtooni kept flashing at me occasionally, and I feel so bad for shouting at him the way I did. This made me remember, the beautiful spot he showed me. It wasn't far from here and I could use that peace and tranquility now. I'm sure I can make it there and back before anyone notices.

Without telling anyone, not even Teeya I sneaked away running to that spot. I really needed some solitude, All this Kumbungu drama was driving me crazy.

In a matter of seconds I reach there. As usual the place is quiet and the stars are gradually making their way into the sky. I move closer and closer, it was dark and I had no light, how stupid of me. Honestly I felt the presence of someone as I drew nearer.

The silhouette was familiar, it looked like someone I knew, the person was standing with arms folded facing the stars,deep in thought – I suppose.

" You coming here means you have forgiven me Shenelle Walker," the figure says with his gaze still fixed on the stars and his back facing me.

I noticed the voice immediately, it was Timtooni. The knowledge of this, calmed my nerves down, such a relief! But how did he know I was the one?

"I just came to visit my dad and clear my mind, I can leave if you want", I  reply nonchalantly.

The winds blew calmly, and the sounds of the crickets and other insects could be heard, not in a loud manner, but in a soothing tone.

Still with his gaze fixed on the stars, and in thesame posture, he remains silent. I take his silence as an "I - want - to - be - alone" answer so I quietly retreat and turn my back to go.

"She was my everything, I loved her with every vessel in me! I just don't understand why she chose to leave. I often ask my self is it just me? Or is life just doing it's thing? I came to visit her too, and I hope she sees the void she has left in me", Timtooni says pained.

His reply was more confusing than ever, did he want me to stay or to go? He could have just been direct with the answer instead of speaking in parables. I take it he wants me near. Even if I want to leave him here, I just can't. I know how that pain feels, I myself I'm not fully healed from this same loss, lest I don't have the slightest idea on how to console someone with thesame loss.

"Timtooni", I whisper turning and walking towards his direction. At this point I feel no anger towards him, it's not his fault that people are jealous of me being friends with a prince , I was just being insensitive.

"Look life sucks! Life Sucks real bad! It waits when everything seems okay, then boom!, it strikes taking every thing with it. You can never be prepared enough for life, no matter how hard you try. What you can do however is to learn to rise...to rise up form life's ashes!
Looking at you, I don't see a broken image , what I see is a smart, positive, hardworking and a strong prince. And that to me is a super power! You handle pain in style, I for once would have never thought you are going through this, You see, You are more than a fighter, I am sure wherever she is she is looking down and Smiling at you right now",
I say almost in a fading voice!

"She died of Breast Cancer, my mom was a fighter. She knew she was dying but there was very little she could do. Instead of giving up, she fought till her very last breath.
You see this very place, it was her spot, I remember always walking up here to meet her staring intently at the stars, this was the only place she freely removed her scarf which she always had on. She would remove her scarf revealing her bald hair, there was not even a strand of hair left on her head, I was the only person she could freely show her head to. As a queen mother this was below her standard, she didn't even want to show my dad her head! I always wondered why she was here, little did I know I would take over, Watching her from this very same spot!, Everything I am and I owe today is because of her, I really miss her," He mumbles out.

I allow a brief Silence. How I wish life had an undo button that you could just press at anytime! This life thing is so overwhelming!

"A wise Famerboy met me sitting sadly under a shear nut tree, He could have chosen to walk by like they all did, but he stayed. He told me that running away from the situation doesn't solve anything it just creates a deep void in us, What we must do however is to accept the situation and move on, I say winking at him this time

He smiles. He had this million dollar smile that I couldn't stand but notice. How I wish he could always smile!

"Shenelle Walker stop using my words against me, you hear", he says playfully easing up the tension between us.

We both stare at my dad and his mom, smiling down at us from heaven.

That's Our Timtooni Andani in the picture section
Please vote and comment. They make my day🥺❤️
Thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 113 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
3.8K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
663K 39.8K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
158K 14.4K 15
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...