A Fresh Start

By GayLordsAlmighty

Lexa Woods is a heartbroken senior. Heartbroken in more ways then one, that is. Life has thrown her impossibl... More

Chapter One: A New Beggining.
Chapter Two: Shattered Glass.
Chapter Three: First Day Of School.
Chapter Four: Socials?
Chapter Five: Pool, Party, Sleep, & Repeat.
Chapter Six: Am I Interrupting?
Chapter Seven: Royal Douce Bag.
Chapter Eight: You Like Her.
Chapter Nine: Just Do It.
Chatper Ten: It's Now Or Never.
Chatper Eleven: Speaking Of Girlfriends...
Chapter Twelve: You Have A Hickey.
Chapter Thirteen: The More, The Merrier.
Chapter Fourteen: Not Just A Friend.
Chapter Fifteen: Excellent Costumer Service.
Chapter Seventeen: Never Forget That, Sunshine.
Chapter Eighteen: I'm A Masterpiece.
Chapter Nineteen: It's A Date.
Chapter Twenty: Anything And Everything.
Chapter Twenty-One: Did You Guys See That?
Chapter Twenty-Two: Tonight Is The Night.
Chapter Twenty-Three: You're Amazing.
Chapter Twenty-Four: Lucky Me.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Dad Jokes.
Chapter Tweny-Six: I'll Be Fine, Trust Me.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: It's Bad, It's Really Bad.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: How Is She?
Chapter Twenty-Nine: She's Up.
Chapter Thirty: Drugs.
Chapter Thirty-One: I'll Be Right Here.
Chapter Thirty-Two: She's Not Responding.
Chapter Thirty-Three: I'm Scared.
Chapter Thirty-Four: Enjoying The Sun.
Chapter Thirty-Five: No Sappy Shit.
Chapter Thirty-Six: Go With The Flow.
Chapter Thirty-Seven: That Damn Smile.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Game Day.
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Are You Sure?
Chapter Forty: Exiled. Banished.
Chapter Forty-One: I Can Hear Your Thinking.
Chapter Forty-Two: Every Man For Themselves.
Chapter Forty-Three: Good Reason And Good Intent.
Chapter Forty-Four: I Don't Deserve You.
Chapter Forty-Five: Merry Christmas, Bitches.
Chapter Forty-Six: A Mighty Lion Versus A Mighty Raccoon.
Chapter Forty-Seven: What About Snuggles?
Chapter Forty-Eight: She's Mine. Now Fuck Off.
I'm sorry
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen: Checking Out?

1.3K 45 2
By GayLordsAlmighty

{Clarke's POV}

I made my way to the front where the cashier is. For the first time I realized, Claire isn't here. "Where's Claire?" I question Matt at the front desk. "She's back in Australia, visiting family. That's why I asked to move this meeting from Saturday to today. Chris and I are meeting her" Matt explains. "Oh, that's nice" I say honestly.

"Is this all for today?" He questions. I had put down two new waxes, a new leash for my short board (Makai ripped it off), a wetsuit hood (magically lost my old one) and lastly a hoodie (for Lexa; she seemed to like mine, so why not?). "No. I'm just waiting for two wetsuits" I explain.

As if on cue, Madi and Aden walks over with his wetsuit. "All good?" I question. "Yes. I don't know what you guys were talking about. I had a great time putting it on" he says. I honestly couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I laugh and take the wetsuit and put it by the rest of the stuff. Now we wait for the brunette herself.

"Where's Lexa?" Madi questions. "She's getting her wetsuit off. She Uh-has some trouble" I say honestly. It's nothing to be ashamed about. It really isn't easy. "I'll be right back. I see a friend. You remember how to work this, right?" Matt questions. I reassure him that I do and he walks off.

I then walk around and go behind the counter. I felt-important being here. I mean, I own the store but, being behind here makes it all the more real.

"Checking out?" I question the lady walking over with clothes. "Yes. It's my husbands birthday, so" she explains as she sets all the clothes down on the counter. "Well I hope he is happy with this" I say honestly. I begin ringing her items (hoping that I was doing it right), ignoring Aden and Madi who was quietly making fun of me.

"You wanna know who you remind me of? That-that one surfer-" she begins as I finish ringing her up. "I forget his name. The one who passed away, you-you look just like him" "If your talking about Jake Griffen, then he-he was my father" I say hesitantly.

She immediately regrets bring him up as she places her hand to her heart. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. If I would've know-" "You didn't, and it's okay" I say honestly. At this point, Lexa was back with her wetsuit. Chuckling when she saw me behind the counter.

"Total is $57" I say. "57? No, that's impossible. I-I got enough thats well over 100" she explains. "The rest is on the house. Birthday discount" I was quick to rely. "Since when does that exist?" She questions. "Since right now" I say simply. "No, no. I'll pay" she demands. "Seriously, it's ok. Tell your husband Bunger wishes him a happy birthday" I say as I give her the bag. "Thank you. Thank you so much" she says as she walks away.

"Checking out?" I question my beautiful girlfriend. "I'm checking you out" she jokes. "No. Stop" Both Madi and Aden say at the same time, making us laugh.

I begin to put the items into the cashier. Considering, I own the store, it's free. But I still have to put it in the system for stocking purposes.

"How much do I owe?" Lexa questions, making me laugh. "Not a single sent. It's on me" I say simply "Clarke, don't be ridiculous, I'll pay" Lexa demands. "No, you will not" I say simply. "What kind of girlfriend would I be, if I made you pay for your items in a store I own?" I question. "A normal one" she snaps. "Well I'm not normal then" I say simply.

"Did you survive?" Matt asks when he gets back. "Yes sir" I say honestly. I finish ringing everything up...I try and do it as quick as possible, so now one sees. But I take out my card and swipe. The total came out to $932. The major cost was the two wetsuits, which were $400 each. But, I'm fortunate enough that $932 dollars...isn't a lot.

"Clarke, I saw you swipe your card" Lexa says. "Fine. Merry Christmas?" I say. "It's October" she says laughing. "Seriously, I can pay" she demands. "Seriously, your not. Matt, tell this beautiful women she's not paying" I order. "Your not paying, miss woods" he says laughing. "Cool. Clarke's paying. Lexa, Aden, you got your wetsuits. I'm hungry, so let's go get food" Madi says. I nod in response, ignoring the look from Lexa as finish up.
Seriously, did she really think I was letting her pay? That's ridiculous.

"Alright, I'm done. Matt, it was a pleasure as always" I say. "Please, the pleasure is mine" he says embracing me in a hug. "Take care ipo (sweetheart) and you too keiki 'ōpio (young child)" "Hey! I'm not that young!" Madi protests. Once we finish our goodbyes, we leave, taking once last look before getting in the car.

"Thank you" Lexa says softly. "Like I said, anything for you" I say honestly. "Oh!" I say remembering the hoodie. I reach in the back for the bag and get out the hoodie. "This is for you" I say as I give it to her. "What's this?" She questions. "A hoodie" I reply simply, making her laugh. "Ok, sure. But why do I have it?" She questions...genuinely confused. "Well, it's for you" I reply. "Oh. OH. Thank you" she repeats with a bright smile. I smile back as she cuddles it.

We begin making our way home (we stopped to get pizza about halfway through). We were all content, listening to music as we drive. One hand on the wheel, one hand on Lexa's thigh (innocently).

Madi had my phone, her phone died and while it charged I allowed her to have mine. Which really had me thinking, can she really not be on a phone?

"Clarke, your getting a call" Madi announces. "From who?" I question looking in the rear view mirror. "Chris" she states. "Just let it ring" I demand. I really didn't feel like talking to him. Not after what he said to me. Not after being disrespectful to Lexa.

"Now he's texting you. He says he wanted to say sorry" Madi says. "I don't really care" I say honestly. "Clarke" Lexa says. I understand all she said was my name, but her tone said so much more.

"I don't want to hear what he has to say, Lexa" I say honestly. "Just. Hear him out. He's clearly sorry" she insists. "Ugh, why do you have to be such a good person?" I groan making Lexa smile. "Call him back, Madi" I say.

She calls and it immediately picks up on the Bluetooth in my car. "Clarke? Clarke, hey" Chris says quickly. "Yeah, hey" I say coldly deserving a poke in the side from Lexa.

"I-I just, I wanted to say I'm sorry. About-about everything. What I said, and the way I acted. I-Uh it's no secret the way I feel about you, so I don't know. I guess seeing you with someone again got me a little upset. So I'm sorry" he says. I only rolled my eyes as I said "I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to" "Right. Is Uh-your girlfriend and her brother there? So I can apologize?" He questions. "Lexa and Aden?" I question.

I didn't want him to refer them as what he did. They have names. Lexa isn't only my girlfriend, she's her own person. Just like Aden isn't only her bother.

"Yes. You-you know I'm not good with names" he replies. That is true, he's never been good with names.

"Yeah, they can hear you" I say. "I-Uh-I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. For what I said to you both. I was out of place, and was wrong to say anything" he stutters out. He was never good at admitting when he was wrong, and even worse at apologizing. But still, I can hear it in his voice he means what he says.

"It's ok. Don't-don't worry about it" Lexa speaks up. "Either way, I'm still sorry. And-I would like to thank you and Aden for making Clarke and Madi happy. Shit. I gotta go, my dads calling me" he says before quickly hanging up. At least he apologized.

{Lexa's POV}

Once Aden and I got home, Anya teased me till my head exploded. Calling Clarke my 'sugar momma'. Even though I told her multiple times, she owns the store. Either way, I was thankful.

School the next day, surprisingly, went by quickly and easily. Aden was at a friends house. I had just finished my homework when Anya comes in my room. "Can I take you somewhere?" Anya questions me. "Sure" I say without hesitation. She nods and begins to walk out of the house.

I quickly follow her into the car. It doesn't take long for her to start it and we're on our way. "So, where are we going?" I question. "You'll see. It's a bit of a drive through" she explains. I slowly nod in understandmeant. Or, maybe I didn't understand. Where were we going? And why?

We drove for an hour and a half. Yes, an hour and half. In silence, Anya not letting up once and telling us where we're going. Once we parked, the sun was beginning to set. "This way" she says and we begin walking.

Once again, in silence we walk for about 15 minutes. (Uphill, by the way). We eventually get to the top of the hill leaving us with a beautiful view. With the sun setting, leaving vibrant yellows, reds, and oranges along the sky, over the view of the water.

"Where are we?" I question once we stop walking. "Port Jefferson. North shore" she explains. I was still iffy on the whole geographic area of Long Island. But I did know that we live on the South Shore. Also, the South Shore was the ocean where the North Shore was the Long Island Sound (that consisted of both saltwater & fresh water).

"This area is called Pirates Cove. It used to be a hidden gem. But I guess people have taken a liken in it since I was last here" she explains. I look at her, silently telling her to continue. One thing with Anya is, you always know when she's serious. Or when she's about to give you a pep talk, or something. Her tone changes and her facial features become still.

"This was your mom's favorite place on the island. She'd come here all the time, just to-I don't know. Do anything. Think, write, everything and anything, she came here to do it" she explains.

I took a moment to digest what she had just said. Whenever my parents are brought up, it's like my brain goes blank. I can't think of anything besides them. Of course this is a place my mom loved. She was always a sucker for views. She always could just pause her life and let her surroundings sink in. She was so at peace almost all the time.

"Why-why'd you bring me here?" I question softly. I saw a tear drop from Anya's eye before she quickly wiped it away. "Lexa, I-I don't think you've ever gotten closure from your parents death. You still blame yourself. You shouldn't. I just thought, maybe bringing you back to your mothers roots-might help you. I want to help you, I just don't really know how" she explains. "And you thought bringing me here, would help?" I snapped.

I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to be so harsh. She's trying to help. But this is definitely not helping. Seeing this only makes me think of what I took away from my mom.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. Can we just-go home?" I question in a softer tone. She nods and we begin walking back.

Once again, the whole car ride, we stayed in silence. But not in the silence we were in coming here. That silence was comfortable, with music in the background. This silence was filled with tension, with no music. Just. Silence.

Anya and I didn't say another word once we got home. I immediately just went upstairs to my room. I don't blame Anya for how I'm feeling. She wants to help, I get that. But what she did tonight, didn't help at all.

It made my hurt so much worse.

I wish, with all my heart that my mom was able to be in that spot again. To breath in the air filled with sea salt. To absorb the beautiful colors the sun creates. I took that opportunity away from her. I did that.

I don't know when, but I fell asleep. I wish I never did.

<writers note>
Anya is just trying to help...poor Lexa. Next chapter we find out why she shouldn't have fell asleep//a little more background on Lexa's part. As always, thank you for reading!! Leave any comments or suggestions!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.9K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
26.5K 1K 49
Danielle Rose Russell begins filming a new upcoming series "Legacies" when she meets her co worker Kaylee Bryant. The long working hours, the stress...
419K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
597K 21.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...