The Art Of Having No Idea ~ H...

By ItsAFanThingOk

Life for Sophia takes a sudden turn when Harry enters it. Shes older than him, a single mum and not into the... More

~ CHARACTERS ~
~ BACKGROUND INFO ~
~ ONE ~
~ TWO ~
~ THREE ~
~ FOUR ~
~ FIVE ~
~ SIX ~
~ SEVEN ~
~ EIGHT ~
~ NINE ~
~ TEN ~
~ ELEVEN ~
~ TWELVE ~
~ THIRTEEN ~
thank you!
~ FOURTEEN ~
~ FIFTEEN ~
Freezy Five!
~ SIXTEEN ~
~ SEVENTEEN ~
~ EIGHTEEN ~
~ TWENTY ~
~ update & stuff ~
~ Twenty One ~
~ Twenty Two ~
~ Twenty Three ~
~ Twenty Four ~
~ Twenty Five ~
~ Twenty Six ~
~ Twenty Seven ~
~ Twenty Eight ~
~ Twenty Nine ~
~ Thirty ~
~ Thirty One ~
authors note ~ 26/07/21
~ Thirty Two ~
~ Thirty Three ~
apologies
~ Thirty Four ~
~ Thirty Five ~
~ Thirty Six a ~
~ Thirty Six b ~
~ Thirty Seven ~
~ Thirty Eight ~
~ Thirty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Forty ~
~ Forty One ~
~ Forty Two ~
~ Forty Three ~
author's note 07/08/22
~ Forty Four ~
~ Forty Five ~
~ Forty Six ~
~ Forty Seven ~
~ Forty Eight ~
~ Forty Nine ~
Happy New Year!
~ Fifty ~
~ Fifty One ~

~ NINETEEN ~

4.7K 83 28
By ItsAFanThingOk

Saturday 7th September 2019

It's been a long time since I woke up with Cormac in the same bed as me, and now I remember why... He definitely kicks in his sleep, so no wonder Harry got a kick to the balls last night. I'm sure to have multiple bruises along my legs from him.

I woke up fairly early this morning, around 6:40am, had showered in Harry's bathroom and changed into some ripped, dark grey mom jeans and a thin grey long sleeved top. I managed to keep my hair dry, as it was washed yesterday morning. I sat on the floor in front of Harry's large mirror on the back of his closest door, and put on some light make-up. Just some mascara, soft eyeshadow and nude lipstick. Simple yet effective. I put on so hidden ankle socks and my vans before snapping a quick photo for my Instagram story.

As soon as I posted my story, I made my way down to the living area, leaving Cormac to get some extra sleep. Seeing as it's still early, I didn't want to make much noise, just incase it woke anyone else in the house up.

Harry was still asleep on the sofa, his left leg hanging off, his mouth agape, with soft snores escaping him. I made my way into the kitchen, making myself a cup of tea and having a look through the fridge and cupboards to find something for breakfast. But seeing as I'm at the residence of three man children, I should have expected what I found. Nothing. Well nothing that was breakfast enough.

I went on to Uber Eats, ordering a multitude of breakfast items, enough for all five of us to eat. I sat at the kitchen island, drinking my tea and replying to emails as I waited for the food to arrive. By the time it reached half eight, the delivery driver was on his way, at which point Harry stirred awake.

It was quite funny listening to his groans whilst stretching, as they were almost child like. Completely innocent and fully natural. He didn't have to act different in his own company, this was him, being him.
I got the notification stating that the delivery driver was only a minute away, so I knew I had to make myself known, so he wasn't startled when the buzzer goes.

"Morning!" The sound of a muffled "manly" squeal reached my ears, making me laugh. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"Jesus fucking Christ, how long have you been there?"

"About forty minutes... I've order breakfast for everyone." The soft patter of his feet against the laminate flooring could be heard throughout the room, alerting me that he was coming my way. Once he was in view, I had to take a second look at him.

He was topless, with just a pair of grey jogger shorts on and his hair matted at the back just ever so slightly. He looked good in the morning, even though he still looked tired. So, I made him sit down and made him a cup of tea, making it the way he usually does, much to my distaste.

The buzzer of the front gate sounded, just as the kettle finished boiling, so Harry hurried down the stairs to collect the food. I finished making his mug of tea, taking it over to the table. I cleared off the few crumbs left from last night, before grabbing the cutlery out the draw, having to open up a few of the draws before finally reaching the right one.

Harry's steps up the stairs slightly echoed through the room, so I made my way over to him to help bring it to the table. Now... I knew I ordered a lot of food, but to see Harry holding two rather large boxes, and a big paper bag was a surprise.

"What the fuck did you order? Feeding the five thousand here Phia!" I gave his arm a gentle smack before taking one of the boxes from his arms.

"Ay, I can forbid you from having some of this you know... Me and the boys will eat it, and you can have some toast by yourself!" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"I'd like to see you bloody try, you'd feel guilty making me eat toast alone!" I shook my head in defeat, he's right, I would feel guilty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

"Are we there yet?" Cormac was sat between Sophia and I, currently on the second tube travelling to the South Kensington station. Sophia had he vlog camera in hand, having asked before we left if I was okay with her vlogging the day, which I am. It's part of her job after all.

"Not yet, we have about..." I checked my phone for the time, "two minutes left until we get off, then a short walk to the museum." He nodded before looking around again. I looked towards Sophia, only to see that she was already watching me, I pulled a tongue at her, making her giggle to herself.

I held onto Cormac's hand as we got of the tube, and made our way through the station, scanning my card to let the two of us through, then waited for Sophia to do the same. It was only a short walk to the museum, which seemed to satisfy Mac, who has been a ball of excited energy since he woke up this morning. His bright yellow hooded jacket resembling his excitement, but also put on as a way for him to stand out in busy crowded areas.

As we entered the building, the instant echo of hushed tones filled out ears but what made me pause slightly was the sound of Cormac's sudden intake of breath. I looked down to see him with a giant smile on his face, and eyes filled with wonder. Just seeing that made me smile. However I was taken out of my internal thoughts by Sophia's voice.

"Hey guys, we just made it to the Natural History Museum in London-" the turned her back to us slightly so we could be in the background of the footage. "It's actually both mine and Cor's first time coming here. So, I won't be filming the whole visit, but there will definitely be some footage of our day."

We got to the barrier to let us in, myself and Sophia donating to the museum as we passed through, especially as it's free to visit. Once clear of the donation area, we made our way to the centre of the main entrance hall. Standing directly below the skeleton of a Blue Whale, I must admit, although I've been here before, it never fails to surprise me with how big they actually are.

Cormac's grasp on my hand tightened, I looked at him, a look of amazement on his face.

"Wow! It's humongous... Look at it mummy!" His right hand still in mine, he was waving Sophia over with his left. She had a smile on her face, one that actually made her whole face light up, this is what makes her truly happy.

"Hey Mac!" He looked up at me, as I looked down to him "did you know... That Donny's tongue weighed the same as an elephant." I pointed towards the blue whale skeleton, having remembered the fact somehow from many years ago.

"Like a big elephant? That's crazy Harry!" I laughed at his response, having a slight inkling that he didn't believe me.

"Is that really true? The tongue weighs the same as an elephant? I didn't know that." I nodded my head at Sophia, seeing that she was filming Cormac and I.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is." She shook her head in amazement, before looking around the foyer.

"Where to next then cor?" He didn't reply to his mum, but he just lead the way for us. We took off to the left hand side, bringing us to the dinosaurs.

Cormac was absolutely fascinated by all the different skeletons and dinosaur models. He was practically running from one model to the next, shouting out the names "Triceratops! Stegosaurus!" every time we passed them.

He let go of my hand to run ahead when he spotted more dinosaur skeletons futher across the room. The area wasn't all that busy, so Sophia didn't worry about him going slightly ahead of us.

I felt a warm hand slip round my arm, hooking on to my wrist, slowing my walk towards Cormac down. I glanced to my side, seeing Sophia's face rest against my shoulder, a small smile on her face as we walked towards Mac.

"Thank you..." With a furrowed brow and a questioning expression I looked at her as she looked up at me. "You're so good with him, and it's just nice to see. And for today, thank you for suggesting it." This was a massive step for me to take, and I really had to big myself up when talking to her about it, so I'm glad that it's all working out well.

I pulled my arm from her grasp, a frown taking over her face for a split second before she composed herself. However, when I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, bringing her in for a side hug, her smile was back. We had reached Cormac, who was now stood just staring at the large Triceratops skull.

"Think they would notice if we walked out with it, Mac?" I laughed to myself knowing I wouldn't even be able to lift the thing, never mind escape with it. Mac looked at me with a wild look in his eyes, an excited smile creeping on to his face.

"Can we?" He looked towards Sophia and I, bouncing in his place.

"Where would we even put that Cor? I don't even think it would fit through the front door sweetie." I laughed at Phia's bewildered response, but I rate her for the quick response.

"In my bedroom mum! It will fit through the door, I'm sures about it." The two of us had to chuckle at his words, so innocent.

That's how the majority of the day went, we walked around Sophia filming Cormac's reactions to everything we were seeing. I took hold of the camera to film some shots of Sophia and Cormac too. Which she was really appreciative about as she said that she rarely gets to see moments of the two together that she hasn't filmed herself.

We explored the exhibits about marine reptile fossils, which Sophia found "weird" and "disgusting". Cormac and I however, were absolutely fascinated.

It was approaching half twelve, the hustle and bustle within the building was escalating and we were slowly looking through the glass cases filled with little gems and minerals. Now usually I'm not a fan of this stuff, these gemstone things bore me, but... I think actually seeing them in person it's a little more interesting.

"That's really pretty Cor, good eye baby!" I made my way over to the pair, peering over Cormac's head to see what they were pointing at. I had no idea what it was, but it did look pretty. Sophia and Mac were walking ahead of me, the pair laughing at little stories they were making up about where each little gem or mineral was found.

Now most people would probably feel left out, not being included on the conversations, but I didn't mind.  I was more than happy to see them bonding, especially somewhere they've never been before, so I'm glad that I could help with that.

"Mum, my bellys grumbling!" Mac's voice could be heard across the room, people from all directions looking and letting out little chuckles.

"Okay sweetie, we can go to the cafe for some lunch?" Phia looked towards me for some sort of agreement, so I nodded my head and made my way towards them.

"Sandwiches time!" Scooping Mac up in my arms, I started jogging away with him.

Sophia's POV

With Harry running off still carrying Cor over his shoulder, I simply just walked after them, finding it difficult to contain my grin. Before I could exit the Earth's Treasury area, I was stopped by an older lady. She was short, slightly plump, with red short hair, and a slight tan.

"Oh excuse me darling.." I paused, facing the woman.

"Oh, uhmm, yes?"  I gave her a soft smile, not wanting to come across as rude.

"Was that your family just running though here?" Oh no... What did they do?

"Oh, did they run into you? I'm so sorry, I'll tell him to come apologise." Just as I was about to chase after Harry, the lady put her hand on my forearm.

"Oh darling no, nothing of the sorts. I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family... That young man of yours is just absolutely handsome." I wasn't quite sure how to respond, seeing as we, as a three, are not a family. But I don't want to be awkward.

"Oh thank you, that's really nice of you to say. I will pass the message on, what was your name?"

"Oh it's no bother love. My name is Dorothy, yours?" I held my hand out towards her for a hand shake.

"I'm Sophia, it's lovely to meet you." Her hand gently encased mine, giving it a firm shake. What a lady!

"Right poppet, I'll let you get back to those handsome men of yours. Enjoy the rest of your day darling."

"Thank you, you too Dorothy." With that she left towards the cases of minerals, whilst I left to find the boys. It didn't take me long, as they were in the closest cafe, already sat at a table.

"There she is! See, look behind you mate." Harry pointed towards me, making Cor turn in his seat to look at me. His shoulders sagged as he let out a sign of relief.

"Hey baby, what's the matter?" I crouched down at his side, taking his small hand in mine. He wrapped his arms round my neck, pulling me in for a tight hug.

Emphasis on tight... Especially as he was squeezing my neck.

"I thought you got lost, mummy. I was scared." And just like that I didn't seem to mind that he was restricting my airways, or hurting my neck, instead I pulled him in closer, whispering reassuring words into his ear.

"I'm ok sweetie, I was just talking to someone. There's no need to worry, I needed you to take care of Harry whilst I was gone, which you did so well. And he took care of you too, yeah?" I felt as he nodded his head against my shoulder, his breathing now returning back to normal instead of the panicked pants they were before.

"Guess what the lady that I was talking to said..." He looked at me, waiting for the distraction. "She said that I have a beautiful family, talking about you... And when we finished talking she said that I should get back to my handsome men..." His eyes widened and he let out a giggle. I moved closer to his ear, dropping the volume of my voice just slightly. "She clearly didn't look at Harry properly though, he's not very handsome-"

"Ay, ay, ay! I'm handsome, aren't I Mac. You and I are some handsome men!" Cor was laughing harder now, all evidence of being upset gone. Just as I was about to reply, the waiter came over placing food on the table. Harry thanked him as he left again.

"Oh you've ordered already? I would have paid for our stuff Harry, you didn't need to do that." He waved me off, sorting through the food to give Cormac his.

He got an assortment of wraps, baked goods, crisps and drinks. We spent the next half hour enjoying our lunch and talking about what we had seen so far. Harry and Cormac still joking around about how they could sneak the dinosaur skull out of the building.

Such a bad influence on my son!

After lunch we continued exploring the museum, seeing the exhibits of Human Evolution, birds, creepy crawlies and then finding ourselves in the volcanoes and earthquakes area. What I didn't know about the museum is that they have a Earthquake simulation, which of course Harry convinced us to go on.

The room was made to look like a Japanese supermarket, the walls lined with shelves full of Japanese staples. We entered the contraption, huddled together in the corner as  they piled people in.

"I'm actually so gassed for this!" Harry rubbed his hands together before resting them on Cors shoulders. Cormac was bouncing on the balls of his feet, becoming just as 'gassed' as Harry already was. However, once the eerie music started, Cor had an arm wrapped around my right leg and one around Harry's left leg. And to be quite honest, I was gripping on to Harry's arm.

A low grumble sounded across the area, everyone's chatter instant coming to a halt, within seconds items on the shelves started to shake, rattling against the shelving. My grip on Harry's arm tightening just as Cormac's did around my leg. I had to hand it to him though, he was watching in amazement.

Harry was silent through it all, but I could see his right hand gripping on to the platforms railing at his side. I smiled to myself slightly at the thought of him not wanting to come across as scared. However, that was wiped from my face pretty quickly as the platform started shaking beneath us, and the shelves starting shaking more violently. Behind us a loud clang sounded, making us all turn to look at the shelf that had collapsed. Moments later a the platform start slowing down with the shaking, the rumbles getting quieter and the items upon the shelves slowly settling.

It was over.

The whole process only last minutes, but it was certainly enough time for me to know that I would never like to experience that for real.

"Mummy, I didn't like that..." He was still gripping on to my leg, not wanting to let go.

"I know sweetie, me either. Mummy's legs feel like jelly!" Cormac let out a giggle, before looking up to Harry.

"Did you like it Harry?"

"Yeah, it wasn't that bad! You two are big babies..." He laughed, guiding us off the platform. Once we were walking through the rest of the exhibit he quietly murmured to me... "That was fucking terrifying! Why did I think that was a good idea?" I laughed, pushing him away from me.

"Fucking pussy"

"Ay, not need for that language young lady!"

He was back at my side now, bumping his arm against my shoulder. We were slowly walking behind Cormac as he marveled at all the different artifacts.

I decided to put on my big girl pants and put myself out there, so I took his hand in mine, wriggling my fingers between his. My heart was beating out my chest, waiting for the rejection, but instead I felt his hand tighten around mine.

For the next hour or so we crammed in the other exhibits, managing to get more footage for my vlog. Most of it was of Harry and Cormac posing next to different exhibits, making silly faces... The new game that Harry had suggested they do as Cormac was starting to get bored.

We left the museum at around half four, having made use a full day out. Harry and I decided it would be best for us to travel back to Bermondsey and to find somewhere to have food with the Cal's. Luckily the tube wasn't very busy, and the journey back was smooth sailing.

I'm surprised at how well Cor has done with all the walking today, he only complained a few times throughout the day, so I was very proud of him. However, he was now   resting his head against Harry's side as he watched what Harry was doing on his phone. Ever the nosey bugger.

Before I knew it, the three of us were settling down into a booth at a local pub called The Angel, waiting for Cal and Lux to join us. It didn't take long for them to arrive seeing as its only a five minute walk from their house.

We spent the evening eating good food, enjoying each others company, having a couple of drinks, well Harry and the Cal's were drinking, I was on the soft drinks as I would be driving home later. Cormac was telling the boys about our day, where he casually dropped how 'mummy and Harry were holding hands'... Which of course set the boys off with gassing Harry up. He was telling them to shut up and that they're embarrassing him, which made Cormac laugh his little socks off.

After a few drinks, we set off back to Harry's, Cormac not wanting to walk had taken to asking Harry for a piggy back ride. This resulted in cal climbing on to lux's back and the two pairs having a race back to the house, leaving me to hold their wallets, phones and keys so they didn't get lost. Silly, silly boys, leaving me with every opportunity to run off with their money...

Once I had reached the house, I was faced with all four boys sat around on the floor of the driveway.

"Took your time love! Been waiting here all day. C'mon chop chop."

"Oh? Oh... I'm so sorry Cal... I didn't mean to keep you waiting, but I sort of slipped and I may have 'accidentally' thrown your stuff into the river." With a deadpan face, I passed Harry and Lux their stuff, keeping Cal's at the bottom of my bag.

"Oh ha ha! Real funny Sophia..." he placed his hand out in front of me, waiting for me to hand him his things. I faked a guilty look, which made his face drop. "Oh, Harry, please tell me your girl is joking!"

"I- uh- i-i-i don't know. Uhmm Phia, what..." Bless him, he had no clue what to do in this situation, so the least I could do is let him out of his misery.

"Jesus, I'm taking the Mick cal. You think I wouldn't have run all the way back here crying if that happened. Id become your bitch if that happened." Cormac gasped at my language, which I instantly apologised for.

"Oh I like you! Did you see his face, man? He was about to pull out his hair... Well he'd try!" Lux patted me on the back before let himself inside.

"Oh I'll be getting you back for that Sophia, that I promise." Cal gave me a sly grin before ruffling my hair. He took Cormac inside claiming that he could make the best paper airplane.

"You're something else Sophia White... Something else." He held his hand out for me to help him up from the ground, or so I thought. He ended up pulling me down to the ground with him. Thankfully he softened my fall, pulling me against his chest.

"Bloody hell Harry!" He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist, hugging me against him.

"Hmmm?" It came out in a quiet questioning tone, almost as if he was in a content mood.

"What's going on?"

"I just wanted a hug." Oh, well that's kind of cute actually.

"Awww... Well you could've just asked instead of nearly killing me." I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heart thump in his chest. He let out a breathy exhale, so I lifted my head to see him already looking at me, his face rather close to mine.

Slowly the inches between us lessened, his heartbeat racing under the palm of my hand. I could feel his warm breath fan across my face, I couldn't resist it anymore.

So... I gently pressed my lips against his.

Word count- 4016

Well it finally happens guys! 19 chapters in and the first kiss has finally happened!

Sorry for the delay with getting this chapter out, I'm pretty sure that have re typed half of this over and over again. So hopefully it's worth it!

I'm looking for some book recommendations, anyone have any suggestions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.3K 35
y/n comes back to london to visit Talia,freya and simon but she stays a little longer and finds love and a family with the sidemen. started ~ 11th No...
94.2K 1.6K 38
[ ORIGINALLY TITLED Behzinga's Sister x KSI] Behzinga's abused sister was wiped clean from existence, it would seem. Her brother, friends, everyone h...
141K 2.3K 42
"We're moving to London!" For Lily and Imani, YouTube isn't just a website it's their lifestyle. Starting their channel over two years ago, the gir...
13.1K 176 21
I'm Sophia and I'm 17 years old. I've just quit college and well now I have nowhere to go. Mum's busy with work and well Dad and I don't really get a...