DAGGER IN YOUR HEART - k.mika...

By davinasgirlfriend

(EDITING) ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Kol Mikaelson finds out his soulmate is dating Damon Salvatore alternative universe... More

๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง โœ“
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž โœ“
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž โœ“
๐Ž๐๐„ โœ“
๐“๐–๐Ž โœ“
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„ โœ“
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘ โœ“
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐
๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐˜ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐„๐ฅ๐ข๐ณ๐š๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ก ๐’๐ก๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚

๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„

396 5 38
By davinasgirlfriend

GOAL 10+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

+++

IN THE MIKAELSON SAFE HOUSE IN ARKANSAS is Rebekah hanging a festive wreath on the front door of their safe house. When she returns inside, she finds Elijah leaning against the fireplace, thinking.

Rebekah looks around cheerfully. "Well, isn't this place rather nice!"

Rebekah picks up a bottle of wine and examines it.

"Nik must have compelled a wine-lover to keep it up, because I found a 2005 bordot! Fancy a sip?"

"I appreciate the sentiment, Rebekah, but I do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves."

Rebekah sighs and puts down the wine.

"How are you feeling?"

"Patronized."

They both look down at Rosie, who is laying in her play pen, cooing.

"I am here to protect you."

"I know you mean to, Elijah—"

Elijah interrupts. "And yet, you find it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here?"

"Well, you weren't yourself! And I needed to get us out of that diner. What happened back there?"

Elijah is obviously tense. "I don't know. Niklaus sent me to protect Rosie. My job is to keep her safe."

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Elizabeth and Kol are performing a spell involving a small cauldron full of a potion and a large straw poppet. The two chant together as they dip the poppet into the contents of the cauldron.

"Protéger sa scandalum subsisto..."

"...Se pa toi inquia subsisto l'écoulement..."

"...Subsisto venenatis impedit l'écoulement."

They put down the doll and look at each other.

Elizabeth sighs. "It's finished, but I'm afraid it's not enough to protect Cami's body from Esther's magic."

"I might know a way to distract you from your troubled mind?"

Elizabeth smiles and laughs. Marcel storms into the room and glares at Kol.

Marcel is clearly unamused. "You can take this seriously, or I can lock you in a coffin like your brother Finn, if you prefer."

"No. No, I'd prefer you to bugger off, because this spell needs time to cook in peace."

"Cami doesn't have time. Esther can jump anybody into her body right now."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, but she's not going to jump anybody. She's going to jump Rebekah, who just happens to be miles away. But, fair dues, Marcel, I think I'd be a bit testy, too, if my old ex was about to jump into my new ex. I think that would be a bit, uh..."

Cami joins them. "...Awkward?"

Kol shrugs. "I was going to say kinky, but..."

Marcel, angry, vamp-speeds toward Kol and grabs him by the collar of his shirt, but Cami pulls him off of him before things get violent.

"I appreciate the chivalry, Marcel, but he'll have an easier time protecting me if he's alive."

Marcel sighs in frustration and turns back to Kol, glaring at him in annoyance.

"Keep working."

Marcel and Cami leave Kol and Elizabeth to their work.

"What is it with you two?"

"Eh, it gets a bit old, playing odd-man-out in me own family. You know, Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah... they were always a party of three. No room for me at the table, but there always seemed to be room for Marcel. I told you this before, but u obviously don't remember like Klaus told me."

He watches as Elizabeth starts cleaning up the herbs and salt from the table. Elizabeth pretending she didn't hear his last sentence but she did, and she kept in her mind to ask him later.

"You know that diamond, the one that I showed you?"

Elizabeth nods. "Mmhmm."

"Well, that was the baby version. The one that we need to do the dagger spell, well, that has to be a lot bigger. A hundred years ago, I had it in my hand, and Marcel ratted me out to Klaus and they took it. He probably bloody well kept it."

Elizabeth smiles. "Then, let's steal it back. It's a good chance to snoop!"

Kol is pleased. "It's like you're in my mind, Elizabeth Sheperd!" She smiles and laughs cheerfully.

MIKAELSON SAFE HOUSE
Elijah is sitting on the porch with Rosie, who is sitting in a baby seat. In the yard, Rebekah is setting up firewood.

Suddenly, Klaus and Hayley's black SUV speeds down the driveway, and Klaus doesn't even get the chance to park before Hayley rushes out of the car and sprints toward Rebekah, Elijah and her daughter.

She stops in her tracks as soon as she sees Rosie, as though she can't believe her eyes. Rebekah and Elijah both smile at her as Klaus catches up with them, and Elijah wastes no time handing a smiling Rosie to Hayley.

Hayley speaks to Rosie. "Hi!"

Hayley hugs Rosie tightly and breaths a sigh of relief. Behind her, Klaus is near tears and too overwhelmed to move. Hayley, unable to meet Elijah's eye, turns so Klaus can see his daughter as well. Rosie coos happily, and Klaus and Hayley both laugh as they smother her with kisses.

It's a while later, Klaus is holding Rosie and sitting at the dining room table when Hayley comes in with a small notebook and pencils to write their wishes. She holds out the supplies for him to take.

"Here."

Klaus is so busy doting on Rosie that he doesn't take his eyes off of her as he speaks to Hayley.

Klaus speaks happily. "I'm holding a small child, Hayley. This silly wish game will have to wait!"
Hayley smiles. "You write, I'll hold."

"You do realize it is not I who is to be the husband you can boss around?"

Hayley smiles even wider. "You do realize that I had to endure horrendous labor and actual death birthing the child that you're holding?"

Klaus chuckles and sighs as Hayley walks over and takes Rosie from him.

"Fine."

He picks up the paper and pencil and starts to narrate aloud what he writes.

"I wish Hayley would tell Elijah you're marrying your werewolf suitor, at which point I will pour him a scotch and congratulate him on the bullet he dodged."

He rips off the page and hands it out to Hayley, who just glares at him, clearly not amused by his jokes. She snatches the paper from his hands and crumples it up in a ball before she tosses it on the ground and leaves the room. Klaus smirks, pleased with himself.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Elizabeth and Kol are searching through the compound in search of the paragon diamond. While they dig around in dressers in one of the bedrooms, Elizabeth finds an old framed photograph of Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol and Marcel from 1914 in the bottom of a drawer. She smiles and walks over to Kol to show him the photo.

Elizabeth is curious. "Is this you?"

Kol takes the photo out of her hands and examines it.

Kol smirks. "I was a lot better looking back then. You liked it."

Elizabeth giggles. "You wish!" She looks at the photo. "What about Rebekah? You never talk about her."

"Well, there's not much to say, really. She was always their girl. There was one time, though, she did me a solid. Back in Christmas, 1914."

MIKAELSON SAFE HOUSE
Elijah, Hayley, and Klaus are outside with Hope, where Klaus has just lit a match to light the bonfire. Rebekah rushes outside to join them.

"Hey! Look what I found!"

She holds up a Polaroid camera, and the boys groan.

"I wonder if it'll work?"

Klaus sighs. "Oh, bloody hell."

"Come on, let's try it! Hey, Nik, do you think you can cram us all into a selfie?"

"Oh, Niklaus is a virtuoso at cramming his siblings into confined spaces." Elijah says joking.

"Well, I'm just glad I traveled hundreds of miles to visit my mentally ill brother, only to have him insult me to my face!"

"Oh, come on, just take the picture!" Rebekah pleads.

Klaus sighs and holds up the camera to take a picture of the five of them together. Everyone in smiling, Rosie including, except for Klaus, who remains blank-faced. They all watch as the photo develops.

"Aw, see? I wish that it could always be like this." Rebekah sighs.

"If wishes were horses..."

Klaus sighs ruefully. "...Beggars would ride."

They all look happily at the photograph, but Klaus suddenly sighs.

"You realize we'll have to burn it. You want me to make a wish for the family, Rebekah? I wish it didn't have to be like this. But, it does."

He hands the photo to Hayley.

"We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands."

Hayley and Elijah look at each other, both visibly sad, and Hayley takes a good, long look at the photo before reluctantly throwing it into the bonfire.

"No! This isn't right. We deserve this. We've earned this."

Rebekah says sadly as she looks at Elijah, Hayley, and Klaus look unhappy about their current situation, and suddenly gets an idea.

"I won't let it slip away. I know what to do to stop Esther.l

Elijah goes tense. "Rebekah, no—"

"I'm going to take her deal. And, when I do, I'm taking her down with me."

Rebekah and Klaus stare at each other, and Rebekah gulps anxiously.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Marcel and Kol are discussing Kol helping Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah with their plan.

"I'd be happy to help!"

"In exchange for what? From all the sneaking around today, you're clearly in need of something."

"If you want me to find a new body for Rebekah, I want the Fauline diamond you stole from me back in 1914."

Marcel laughs. "And what do you plan to do with it?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well, it would matter to Klaus."

Kol smirks. "You see, I could fib here, but I want to be on the up about it. I need a weapon I can use to protect myself against Klaus, and the diamond helps me make it."

Marcel looks at him suspiciously, and Kol, realizing what he must think about this statement, starts to backpedal.

Kol hastily defends himself. "It's not to kill him! It's simply a matter of self-defense. Only to be used out of absolute necessity."

Marcel reluctantly nods in understanding and considers this offer.

"It's a fair trade, Marcel. We get free of my whackadoodle mum, I acquire the means by which to defend myself against a volatile brother, should the need arise, and, uh, if all goes well, perhaps you'll let me near Elizabeth without bodily harm."

He smiles impishly, and Marcel sighs, clearly torn.

"So, should I call him back, or should you?"

Kol has just returned to the compound to update Marcel and Elizabeth on their plan with Klaus and Rebekah.

"Done! As per your request. Miss Angelica Barker. Good cheekbones and a tummy you can bounce a quarter off! She will be Rebekah's new host body instead of Cami."

Cami walks downstairs to join them.

"Who's Angelica Barker?" Elizabeth asks curiously.

Marcel shrugs. "One of my vampire potentials. Had to turn her down. She was too lost."

Cami looks nervous. "Does she know what's about to happen to her?"

"It's better when they don't know, love." Kol says.

Marcel sighs. "Hopefully we won't have to use her."

"Hopefully. But, then, my mother is a wily and vindictive woman... which is why I've got to ask something else of you."

Marcel suspiciously looks at Kol. "You're already getting the diamond."

"Which I'm thrilled about. But, in order for me to help you, I need access to my mother's hourglass... which is in the Lycée. With my mother."

"So?"

"Well, I haven't been back in a while, and the only way she won't suspect me is if I bring back the thing that I was sent to find."

"And that thing is...?"

"...The white oak stake."

"Are you out of your mind?"

Marcel gives Kol a side-eye, and Elizabeth gapes at him, clearly unhappy by this request as well.

"Kaleb!" Elizabeth says sadly.

"Look, it's the only way she's gonna trust me! She doesn't want to kill them, she just wants to make sure that the weapon doesn't fall into the wrong hands."

Marcel and Elizabeth both look unhappy and uneasy about this revelation.

"I swear, as soon as she's gone, I'll give it right back to Klaus."

"Like hell you will. Deal's off."

Suddenly, Klaus arrives home and joins them all in the courtyard.

"Kol! Whatever grudges you hold against me, we're doing this for the good of our family. Do I have your word that, for once, you will honor that?" Klaus asks his brother.

"You have my word, Nik. Swear on the face of us all."

Klaus smiles weakly. "I'll get the stake."

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
Kol has returned to the Lycée, where he has met with Esther and is explaining his absence.

"I wooed her, I won her. It took a while, but in the end, she handed it to me."

Esther examines the white oak stake carefully.

"When I didn't hear from you, I thought you might be in trouble."

"Nope. No trouble. It's just hard to do espionage when you're calling mummy all the time."

He starts to touch Esther's hourglass curiously.

"So, where's Finn? Is he off playing emperor to his merry pack of dogs?"

"I'm afraid Finn may have fallen into the hands of your brothers. But, I've made a plan to assist him with that dilemma while I continue my search for Rebekah."

Behind Esther, a dark figure appears. Kol smirks and gestures toward the door.

"Oh, speak of the devil and the devil will come. Hello, sister."

Rebekah smiles. "Kol. It really is you. I would know that smirk anywhere."

Esther turns at the sound of Rebekah's voice and seems surprised to see her. Rebekah approaches them and stands in front of her.

"Hello, Mother. I believe you're offering a deal?" Rebekah says.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Elizabeth is spreading salt, sand, and herbs around an hourglass on the table in the courtyard to prepare for their spell. She and Marcel explain their plan to Cami as Elizabeth turns the hourglass.

"Kaleb will link this hourglass to Esther's. Ours will mirror hers."

Marcel adds explanation with Elizabeth. "When the last sand falls, Esther will try to jump her into you."

"That's when I'll redirect the spell from you to Esther. It's meant to jam the signal just long enough to keep that kind of magic from working against anyone."

Cami looks anxious. "If it works."

"It'll work! When Rebekah attacks, Esther won't be able to jump her into you, or herself anywhere else."

"And we're sure Kaleb is on board?"

Marcel and Elizabeth both nod in confirmation.

"He's on board. He's a thief and a liar, but, like Elijah, he doesn't give his word lightly." Cami continues to look anxious.

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
Esther is pouring cups of tea for Kol and Rebekah as they discuss Esther's offer in the greenhouse of the Lycée.

"You can't possibly expect me to discuss giving up eternal life over tea." Rebekah says as she points to a nearby shelf full of wine bottles.

"Give me some of that red over there."

Kol is amused. "Pff!"

Esther smiles and goes to get the bottle of red wine from the shelf to pour them each a glass.

"Well, where's the sales pitch?"

"I only offer what you already want."

"And how do you presume to know that?"

"Elijah's happiest when there's order and music. Klaus, when he's the center of attention and in control. But, you are my only child capable of unfettered joy."

She hands Rebekah a glass of wine.

"And, you're happiest amongst humans. I've seen you yearn for that life. For love."

Kol clears his throat loudly. "And when am I happiest, then, Mother?"

Esther rolls her eyes and sets her drink on the table to look Kol in the eye.

"When you're doing as you're told!"

She holds up the tea tray and hands it to him so he can put it away before she turns back to Rebekah.

"Our wishes are aligned in this, my daughter. Mine, to free you from this curse, and yours, to be human."

"I'd be giving up everything I've ever known for a memory of something I once was. Power for weakness. Strength for frailty. Eternal life for a brief human existence."

Esther squeezes Rebekah's arms affectionately.

"The choice is simple, another thousand years of never having what you want, or a handful of years when you do."

Rebekah looks nervous. She glances over at Kol, who is staring at her, before turning back to her mother and taking a deep breath.

"Well, then. To the end of an era. I'm in."

Esther looks visibly happy. "Let us begin!"

She turns over her hourglass. Kol, nervous, sits up and casts a brief spell while Esther's back is turned. She and Rebekah toast their wine glasses and each take a long sip.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
The hourglass on the table in the courtyard starts to pour after Kol casts his spell on Esther's own hourglass. Elizabeth, Marcel, and Cami are all watching it intently.

"It's working."

Cami nervously stands to her feet to pace around the room

At Lafayette cemetery, Esther, Rebekah, and Kol have moved outside to the altar where Genevieve and Monique tried to sacrifice Rosie. The hourglass sits on the altar, surrounded by salt and sand in a circle.

Esther finishes setting up the spell, and fire suddenly sparks in four metal bowls surrounding her. She then lays the white oak stake on the end of the altar, which makes Rebekah very nervous.

"What the bloody hell is that doing here?"

"As each of you comes to your senses and takes my offer, I will destroy your vampire bodies."

Kol looks confused. "Mother, you said you wanted the stake to protect them!"

"Yes, but not in their current bodies. Once they accept my offer, I will be righting two wrongs—"

Rebekah looks overwhelmed. "No."

"—Having brought this evil into the world, then having subjected my own children to it."

Rebekah panicks. "No, that wasn't the deal! Stop the spell!"

"The spell is already done! I prepared it to be locked in the moment I turned over the hourglass."

Kol looks anxiously at Rebekah, who is horrified by this revelation. The sand continues to pour through the hourglass.

At the Mikaelson compound, Elizabeth, Marcel, and Cami are still anxiously watching the sand run out of their own hourglass.

"Now."

"Not yet."

Back at Lafayette cemetery, Rebekah is still freaking out about this change in their plans.

"Mother, think this through. You gave birth to this body, you can't destroy it!"

"I am only destroying its flesh! Your beautiful soul will live on in the body of another."

There is only 4-5 centimeters of sand left in the hourglass.

"I have chosen well for you. A beautiful girl. Strong."

Suddenly, Klaus reveals himself to be standing on the roof of a nearby crypt.

"MOTHER! Stop the spell!"

He vamp-speeds toward them and stands next to Rebekah.

"You and your traitorous son

Kol looks at him anxiously. "Nik, I didn't know anything about it, I swear."

Esther is stunned when she realizes that Kol has betrayed her.

"Oh, good. I'm glad you two boys are friends again. I did wonder what you'd been up to in your time away. Now, I know."

Klaus grits his teeth. "Stop the blasted spell!"

"I'm afraid that's impossible."

"Anything is possible." Klaus says as he steps in front of Rebekah protectively.

"Take me instead."

"Nik, no!"

"If only you'd taken my offer when it was still mine to give! Unfortunately, you've left me no choice but to make a... deal... with Mikael."

Rebekah is horrified. "Mikael?" Klaus and Kol both look mutinous.

"When Finn and Kol went missing, I needed a new ally."

She looks at Klaus with a furious expression.

"All he wanted was the right to kill you." Klaus, overwhelmed, turns away from them to think.

"Kol, I would ask you to deliver the stake to your father, but it seems your loyalties have been compromised."

Klaus turns back to her. "STOP THE SPELL, ESTHER!"

"No, it's okay, Nik. I can do this." Rebekah says sadly. The sand in the hourglass is even closer to being gone.

"So, you're feeling murderous again. You should know, I've already chosen another body."

Kol sees that the sand has almost run out and turns to give the cue to Klaus.

"NOW!"

Klaus takes an athame off of the altar and stabs Esther in the neck with it. Esther falls to the floor, dead, just as the rest of the sand leaves the hourglass. Klaus looks as though he can't believe what he's just done.

At the Mikaelson compound the rest of the sand leaves their own hourglass.

"Now!"

Marcel gives the cue and Elizabeth closes her eyes and begins to chant.

"Scen ta lum ves victas per vatis imparret. Scen ta lum ves victas per vatis imparret."

Suddenly, Cami starts to seize, and Marcel rushes over to her to catch her before she falls.

"Cami?"

At Lafayette cemetery, Rebekah starts to seize as well, and Klaus catches her before she can fall.

"Rebekah!"

At both Lafayette cemetery and the Mikaelson compound, both of the hourglasses explode at the same time, and they all have to dive out of the way to avoid the shards of glass at their respective locations.

Klaus looks over at Kol with a horrified expression. Marcel checks on Cami and looks over at Elizabeth, who looks scared.

"Did it work?"

Elizabeth anxiously speaks. "I have no idea."

Cami has been laid in an armchair in the courtyard, where Elizabeth is sitting at her side, gently brushing her hair off her face. Klaus returns to the compound a moment later, carrying Rebekah's body, which he lays on the couch.

In the next room, Marcel has gone to check on Finn, only to find that the lock has been ripped off of his coffin, whose lid is open to reveal that it is empty. Back in the courtyard, Elizabeth explains to Klaus what has happened in his absence.

"Cami's not awake yet, either."

Suddenly, Marcel rushes into the room anxiously.

"When she's up, we gotta get her out of the Quarter. She's not safe here. Someone busted Finn out!"

Klaus sighs. "My mother is using Mikael to do her dirty work now."

Suddenly, Cami awakens with a gasp, and everyone turns to her in concern.

"...Camille?"

Cami looks around and takes in her surroundings for a moment before realizing that the spell worked.

"I suddenly love that stupid name!"

Elizabeth laughs in relief and hugs her. Klaus and Marcel both smile weakly, and turn to check on Rebekah, who is still unconscious.

Marcel sits down next to Rebekah and caresses her face with his hand. After a moment, when Rebekah hasn't awakened, Klaus sighs in realization.

"I couldn't stop the spell."

Klaus takes off. Marcel, scared, shouts after him.

"Please tell me that your mother's dead!" Klaus turns back toward Marcel before he leaves.

"Rebekah and I took extra precautions. Esther is exactly where she needs to be."

THE FRENCH QUARTER
Elizabeth and Kol are walking through the Quarter toward the Fauline mansion.

"Why are you in such a good mood?"

"Remember how I said Rebekah had done me a solid back in 1914? Swore she hadn't told Klaus that I was taking the diamond back? I was actually being a bit facetious."

"I've owed her one for a century. Today, I got to repay that favor."

Elizabeth looks concerned, but Kol gives her a reassuring look.

"Oh, don't worry, love, I'm not going to hurt me own sister. I didn't exactly prep Angelica Barker, either. I prepped someone else."

Elizabeth is stunned. "What? Who?"

"Oh, it's a bit of a story. You see, Klaus didn't just punish me for stealing the diamond, he also punished my witch friends, locking them in the Dowager Fauline cottage. Oh, over the decades it's become quite a catch-all for an assortment of odd birds of the witchy variety. I'm sure Rebekah will be very comfortable in a prison created by Klaus."

Elizabeth, horrified, stops walking and gapes at him in disbelief.

"You didn't."

"Oh, I did." He pulls out the large paragon diamond from his pocket.

"Besides, with Rebekah missing, Klaus will occupied so we can finish what we started."

He hands her the diamond, and she examines it for a moment while she considers this revelation. After a moment, she smiles.

"You swear she's safe?"

Kol nods. "Perfectly. Since this is the best day I've had in the past two centuries, I've made a wish for you."

He caresses her face with his hand, and Elizabeth looks happy to be with him.

"Close your eyes."

Elizabeth does what she's told, and once her eyes are closed, Kol leans down and kisses Elizabeth on the lips. After a moment, he pulls away, but Elizabeth smiles before she wraps her arms around his neck and starts to kiss him more passionately. He wraps his arms around her waist, and the two make out in front of the Fauline mansion.

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
In the Delphine tomb, which is full of dozens and dozens of human skulls, Esther wakes up on the floor just in time to see Klaus toss a blood bag next to her. She groans as she tries to get her bearings, and Klaus crosses his arms as he smirks at her.

"Hello, Mother."

"What have you done?"
"You, who sold me to that butcher Mikael like I were nothing more than chattel, ask me what I have done?"

Esther sits up, her hands shaking nervously as Klaus walks toward her.

"I've done what every good son does, Mother! I've followed the example of my parents. You taught me exactly how I should treat you."

Esther looks around the tomb and clutches her chest, both confused and overwhelmed about what has happened to her.

"You must be feeling a little twitchy right about now. It's what happens when you're in transition."

Esther licks her lips and takes notice of the blood bag on the floor next to her.

Esther is horrified. "No..."

When she starts to put the pieces together, she becomes angry.

Esther gasps. "That's not possible!"

"Oh, but it is! You see, you might have thought you were one step ahead of us, but the truth is, Rebekah was two ahead of you."

Esther flashes back to earlier, when she, Kol, and Rebekah were in the Lycée, talking about her deal.

"And when am I happiest, then, Mother?" Esther rolls her eyes and turns toward him.

"When you're doing as you're told!"

While her back is turned, Rebekah bites into her thumb and dribbles a sizable amount of her vampire blood into Esther's wine glass. Later, Esther takes a large sip of it after she and Rebekah toast to their deal.

Esther is completely dumbfounded by this revelation.

"The wine?"

"You died with vampire blood in your system. It's a delicious irony, because, as you know, you cannot be both witch and vampire. Unless you're a tribid of course."

Esther, horrified and overwhelmed, chokes back a sob.

"So, now, you can either be the thing that you hate the most, or you can be dead."

He walks out of the door of the crypt, but turns back one last time toward his mother.

"Your choice. Which is more than you ever gave us."

Klaus leaves, and Esther starts to cry, sprawled out on the floor of the tomb. She reaches out toward the blood bag on the floor and pulls it toward her.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Rebekah's body has been laid in her coffin, which is in the room off of the courtyard. Klaus and Marcel walk toward her and look at her sadly. After a moment, Kol joins them, and pulls out the white oak stake to return to Klaus.

"A promise is a promise."

Klaus smiles and takes the stake from Kol, relieved that he kept his word.

FAULINE MANSION
A young woman suddenly awakens with a gasp on a bed inside the abandoned home. She looks at herself in the mirror for a moment, until she starts to hear screaming nearby and leaps off the bed to investigate.

She runs down the stairs and toward the doors, desperately trying to break through, but they won't budge.

Rebekah groans. "Let me out! Someone!"

She continues to pound on the doors with no avail.

"Kol, damn it!" Maniacal laughter is heard nearby when she turns around.

"I'm not meant to be here."

She starts to pound even harder on the doors with her fists as she continues to rattle the door handles trying to get out.

"I'm Rebekah Mikaelson! I'm Rebekah Mikaelson! Let me out, I'm Rebekah Mikaelson!"

to be continued..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 872 11
Klaus has been married even before he was turned she is also her mother was a witch and her father was a wolf so when they were turned by his mother...
256K 8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
31.9K 677 34
Damelia Salvatore , twin of Damon , elder sister of Stefan, visits Mystic Falls after hearing her brothers are still alive . (TVD)Season 2 to Season...