Memento

By mo_onbyuldotcom

An adventurous woman who likes to challenge herself to do almost impossible things. One night, her bestfriend... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Finale
End Game

Chapter 1

2.5K 118 104
By mo_onbyuldotcom

"Yongsun, I'm breaking up with you."

The guy who's standing on the kitchen counter bravely stated as he closes his eyes, doesn't wanna see how yongsun will react to this breakup he's been planning for over a week now. He was just finding the right time to say this infront of the girl he's been with for about 3 years.

And now he took a lot of courage to say it.. in this day.. in their 3rd-year anniversary celebration.. while yongsun was lighting the candle on the cake.. while she was so happy that their relationship hit this milestone.

"W-What? Uh- are you serious? I mean.. why?"

Yongsun's mood switches so fast that she forgot the cake and drops it on the table like it was some sort of bomb. The excitement that was filling her heart changed in an instant. From happy to sad, blessed to fucked up, from Blackpink's Stay to Kill This Love, or from Mamamoo's Dingga to Aya.

Shit turns upside down real quick.

"I'm.. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same love I felt for you before." Her boyfriend (perhaps ex-boyfriend) responded with a hint of distress. He doesn't want to end things with her since yongsun has been part of his life for long years. But it is better to end things this early than to stay and make things harder in the end. He doesn't love the girl anymore.

"Did I do something? Am I not satisfying your-"

"No, oh god no. You're perfect as you are. It's just.. I can't feel the same sparks and butterflies whenever I see you. I tried to bring those back, the excitement I always feel when you're with me but every time I tried to, I just can't. I feel like I fell out of love with you."

Yongsun scoffed at that. She knows that's not the only reason why this guy was breaking up with her. She knows him more than everything else and the way he said those words with fidgety hands and shaky breath makes yongsun conclude things so easily.

"Dude, did you love me just because of that sparks and butterflies? You should have told me so I can cook a whole ass butterfly and stuff it to your mouth, or maybe electrify you so you could feel that damn sparks you've been talking about!"

"Enough with the bullshit, who is she?"

That's when the latter sighed in defeat. This is yongsun he's been talking, of course, the woman will know the main reason why he fell out of love, well infact all yongsun did to this relationship is support him with all his dreams.

But as a man, he has needs and yongsun was not giving it to him. Sex after marriage? Seems old for 2021 to believe but that is yongsun's choice and perspective.

"M-My officemate. We've been talking for about a month now. I'm sorry."

He didn't even deny it. Well, what for anyway? He's been ending things so might as well tell the truth.

Yongsun wasn't expecting the honesty at all. She thought she'll have a hard time knowing what's the real reason for this breakup, but then, now she knows.. for about just a few seconds actually.

"But you promised you'll marry me.."

The tears she's been holding back are now threatening to fall. Yongsun doesn't want to be weak infront of this asshole who just thinks of his own feelings.

She knows how to be brave but sometimes, you just have to cry and let go without caring what people think, especially if that shit really hurts a lot.

You know, if you love someone, you'll respect her decision even if that includes waiting.

Just because she can't give him his needs, he'll find someone new who can satisfy him.

"I lied. I was dumb, maybe a coward for not keeping things as promised. But I'm so sorry, that promise was broken long years ago." He said.

"Is this easy for you? To let go like this as if we're just been dating for months? Henry, we've been through a lot in that 3 years. You can't just break up with me that easily!" Yongsun snapped and never hold back as she feels the warm liquid running down her cheeks like it was racing to its finish line.

Henry, on the other hand, stood up and fix himself, this is the sign that he should go. He knows yongsun will kill him any minute now, that raising of voice is the signal to save his life.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go."

"Now you're running away, great."

Yongsun also stood up but she didn't stop Henry from walking away. What for? Just by how the latter handles things, yongsun feels she can never change the guy's mind in regards to this matter.

It's time for her to be single again, for others this might maybe not be a big deal. But for her, it is since henry became a big part of her life, and have loved him unconditionally.

Losing the guy will surely hurt.

"I already said what I have to say, yongsun. We're done, I can't do this anymore." Henry dismissed and was about to walk out of the kitchen but stops with yongsun's last words.

"Henry, I love you."

That sort of a goodbye to him. Well, it truly is.

Yongsun just wants him to know that even after everything, for once they have love and care for each other. If she can't salvage their relationship then she can't do anything about that. Guess she just has to accept the reality and moved on.

Moving on is not that hard, right?

"I'm really sorry.. I loved you."

Or so she thought.

---

It's been hours since henry left and yongsun locked herself into her dark room.. drowning herself in heartbreak movies and listening to breakup songs.. then cry when it relates to her. If she sees something funny she'll laugh with crying eyes.. then get back at being sad again.. then sob.

That's how powerful love can be, making someone crazy within a short amount of time.

"I don't need him." Yongsun bitterly said, wiping her eyes and the dark stains of her eyeliner smudged all around the corner of her eyes. She looks at the mirror and saw how messy her face is, she just smiles and said, I'm a bad bitch, losing a man isn't a big deal.

Then just a few seconds later, she cries once again.

"I don't need no one at all." This time, she goes to the bathroom and turns on the light to wash her face. This is the second time she cried this long, the first one was when her dog died.

Well, Henry and her dog were both animals for her now, of course, she'll cry losing another pet. How she wish the dog was the one who leaves and henry was the one who dies though.

Yongsun gets back to her bed after minutes of washing her face. The movie she's been watching for the third time for hours is still playing on the screen on repeat. She doesn't care about it now since she can't even understand how the plot of the story progresses, she just plays it to make her life less lonely.

Yongsun gets the remote and pauses the movie for a bit as she fetches her phone from the bed and dials someone who she relies on besides henry. She didn't wait for more as the person in the other line answered. The girl might be in the club since yongsun can practically hear loud beats from the latter's background.

"Hyejin, suggest anything you want me to do in my next conquest. I run out of ideas."

How ironic she said she doesn't need anyone but calls her friend and asks for her suggestion.

"What? Oh wait.. uhm skydiving? Base jumping? Bungy jump?" Hyejin, her bestfriend said, and went outside so she can clearly hear yongsun's voice. Even if she doesn't see yongsun, she can feel the girl sigh at her ideas.

"Already did, three times to be precise."

Yongsun plays with her hair as she lets her body fall flat on the bed. The soft sheets immediately hug her petite body and it made her sigh in comfort.

"Swim with sharks? Crocodiles? Piranhas?"

"Done, I even have a shark tooth souvenir."

Now she remembers, where did that souvenir go anyway? That one is precious to her since it became her lucky charm for almost half a year. Maybe it's in her drawer or something, she notes to herself to find it tomorrow.

"Climb the tallest tower?" No response.

"Yongsun? are you there?"

Her recollection cut off when she heard hyejin talk on the other line. This is one of the disadvantages for yongsun. When she starts to think of something, she will forget everything and be drowned in her imagination until she figures out why she's thinking that kind of thought in the first place.

"Oh right, tower.. yeah. I already sent you a picture the other day, when I almost fall and die? Can't you remember?"

Yongsun responded with a little laugh when she remembers some silly scenario again.

Climbing the Eifel Tower almost cut her lifeline. She almost fell when her fingers slip from the metal when she was about to climb up. Yongsun was just lucky her other hand immediately grips something to hold onto, but the problem is her shoe fell below the ground.

She's not concerned about how she almost died though, she was concerned about the person who she hit with her stinky shoe. Yongsun had a smelly foot that time, instead of her, maybe that person was the one who died due to suffocation.

"Then fucking swim in a pit of lava, let's see if you survive." Hyejin snapped.

Giving ideas to her bestfriend kinda irritates the latter. It's not that hyejin finds it annoying, yongsun just thought of her challenges as a common hobby. Not a challenge for the girl at all.

"Come on! I'm serious, I badly need some distraction. Life's full of shit, let me live peacefully."

Yongsun whined as she wiggles at her bed like a fish who was put into a boiling pot of oil. She's 30 years old, a fine woman who likes to try new things but acts like a 10-year-old kid every time she has a chance.

"Why? Did something happen?" Hyejin's voice turns serious as she asks yongsun.

"Not so serious, my dog just died."

Seems harsh to call henry a dog but dissing the guy comforts her broken heart, and it's his fault anyway.

"You don't have a dog, yongsun." Hyejin proceeds to pursue but yongsun just bit her lips and thinks of other alternative reasons.

"Then monkey?"

All hyejin did is sigh in defeat.

"Okay if you don't want to talk about that for now then I understand. Just take care and don't stress yourself, you'll figure out how to solve things as time passes."

As possible, she doesn't want to think about anything that relates to henry for now. She wanted to move on and staying away from the guy, eventually hating him, will be the best solution.

Hyejin knows henry might be the cause of this, but she chose to shut her mouth and wait till yongsun shares the tea.

"I know, but first tell me what I should do. Suggest a place where I can think about life, maybe?"

"Alone?"

"If you want to go with me then maybe both of us? How's that?"

Yongsun stood up and went out to go to her kitchen. They were about to eat earlier but henry ruined the mood and she lost her appetite. Now she's okay(slight), her stomach growls in hunger since she didn't take her lunch earlier.

"Bitch no, the last time I went with you I almost died. You tell me not to run so those huge lions wouldn't chase us but you're the first one who dashed away. Fuck you for that by the way." Hyejin said, hatred was visible in her words.

That happened 4 months ago when yongsun bought hyejin into the jungle where species that can kill a person in just a second are all present in that place- venomous reptiles, huge scary creatures, and wild animals, you name it. It was all in there.

Well, they bump into the king of a jungle and yongsun bravely stated not to run so they wouldn't trigger the animal. But when it growls loudly, yongsun was nowhere to be found. Hyejin was just lucky she have completely escaped death.

"I already apologized, why can't you just forget that." Yongsun said and hyejin knows she was pouting.

"So if their massive teeth bit me and eat my limbs like a snack, is your sorry can bring back my precious arms?"

Yongsun fell quiet for a second while the latter waits for her response.

"No? But atleast I said sorry?"

Hyejin almost whines as she kicked the bush outside out of frustration. Her bestfriend seems crazy sometimes but she can't do anything to change her. Yongsun is yongsun, if you want to get along with her, you have to be dumb and your patience must be longer than her hair extension.

She can still recall the exact words yongsun said to her when they arrived at the safest spot in the jungle. Oh God, I thought you were dead?

"Talking with you is the most dumbest shit I can do."

"I'm your bestfriend, you have to accept me." Yongsun said with her baby tone. Hyejin is a sucker for her bestfriend even though she always brings her into trouble. Oh well, she's immune anyway.

Hyejin fell quiet for a second as she thinks of something that can suggest to the latter so this call will end as soon as possible. Yongsun was silent too, and just a moment after, hyejin heard some sniffing from the other line and it made her think that yongsun might definitely have a big problem.

"Yongsun, I know life is hard but don't cry over--"

"I'm cutting an onion *sniff*, life isn't the reason for every shed tears."

Yongsun answers as she proceeds to cut the onion she will use to make her dinner. She wanted to eat the food they ordered earlier but she was upset about anything that relates to henry, and that food was ordered by him. So it's a no-no.

"Why are you cutting a damn onion?" Hyejn asks, hugging herself because the cold breeze is now passing through her thick clothes.

"Of course, I'm about to make food. What else do I have to do with this onion?"

"Build a house."

"Daebak! Can I?"

For the second time around, hyejin almost faints because of her bestfriend's stupidity. Yongsun is sane enough for a mature person but sometimes her brain malfunctions and she acts dumb as hell. Everything you'll say to her; just act serious and your facial expression is right, she will believe you wholeheartedly.

"Oh god, I forgot how stupid she is." Hyejin whispered to herself as she proceeds to find another spot where coldness is less radiating.

"Who's stupid? Are you keeping something from me?" Yongsun responded innocently.

"You are the stupid you dumb asshole!"

"Oh.. I don't know."

Hyejin sighed for the nth time as she stops near the club's entrance. Talking to yongsun is like talking to a 5-year-old kid who's still naive about how this world works. If this talk will take any longer, hyejin will turn crazy. So with random ideas in mind, she tells yongsun what to do next.

"Just live on a deserted island without bringing anything or such! You want some peacefulness, right? I don't have time to think anything rather than that."

"Or why don't you sit in the darkest corner of your room and think of something since you're the one who knows what kind of shit are you doing or not with your life." Hyejin ended, not minding if her suggestion is valid or not for a person like yongsun.

"Bingo!"

"What?"

"Deserted island is kinda risky but I like it, quiet and isolated. Imma head out tomorrow then."

Tomorrow? Hyejin thought to herself. She doesn't know if yongsun will take that seriously.. and tomorrow? Is she in a hurry to be alone or such? And bringing nothing is kinda dangerous. Does this girl even know how to survive on her own? Yongsun doesn't even know how to use the stove right without burning the potholder.

"Don't tell me you're considering not bringing anything?"

"Just some other necessities for cooking and hunting I guess?"

Hunting, right.. hyejin smack herself when she heard that word. What will this girl hunt? Those lions who almost killed them?

"Oh god, I shouldn't have talked."

She was regretting suggesting that crazy idea, but she already said it. Even if she'll try to stop yongsun, she knows the girl would just ignore her.

She can still remember the time when she stops the girl from going out of town because she had a fever. Yongsun agrees and goes to her room upstairs but moments later, a loud bang can be heard outside and hyejin saw her crazy bestfriend lying on the ground.

Turns out yongsun jumped from her room to escape.

"Thank you, hyejin. Send my regards to wheein, tell her I miss her." All yongsun said before she ends the call, finished cooking her dinner, and pack what she will need for tomorrow's adventure.

---

A/N: I lack of motivation to write the next chapter, so you should wait till I decided to write the next one 😂

PS. I won't update daily, just depends on my mood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 99 18
After a bad breakup, Yong-sun is desperate to show her ex that she has moved on. What could possibly go wrong if the famous Byul pretended to be in a...
133K 4.6K 38
Lisa Manoban - fuckgirl extrodinare - meets her biggest enemy yet, or so she had thought. Park Chaeyoung - studyworm - becomes subject to Lisa's supp...
35.3K 1.8K 43
❝𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭.❞ ──── in which the lost moon found her sun. © 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 {COMPLETED}
15.7K 770 21
Moonbyul didn't want to live without the love of her life, Yongsun...until one night she has to...and with Wheein's help, she did.