Sinbound ✔️

By swritess1

This is Book Three in LOST AND FOUND SERIES but can be read as a STAND ALONE. *** Being kept in the shadows a... More

SUMMARY
CAST & CHARACTER AESTHETICS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57.
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
Epilogue
Sinbound's Spotify Playlist
New Book

11

4.4K 126 4
By swritess1

Chapter Eleven:
____________________________________________

"You take the shape of,
Everything that I'm drawn to.
But your eyes,
Are dead and red.
Red as rust."

"Hello." I heard someone whisper from behind me and I jumped dropping the glass of water on my foot.

I hissed loudly in pain and pressed my other foot above it to dull the throbbing pain.

"Oh my God! I am so fuckin' sorry. Shit." He cursed and I looked up to see a blonde man standing in front of me with a worried look.

"I am so very so-" He started to apologize but another voice cut him off.

"Eirene!" I heard him call my name and a second later, he appeared in the doorway.

His eyes moved to the man, then to me, and finally stopped at my foot.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" He asked with a deep scowl.

"I think, I scared her. She dropped the glass on foot." The unknown man told.

Darius sighed loudly and shook his head before he walked over to me and bent down to pick me in bridal style.

I gasped and clutched the front of his shirt, "I am fine." I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

He ignored me and carried me to a couch in the living room to lie me down.

"Get her a glass of water and ask Layla to clean the mess." He ordered the man who was staring at Darius in shock.

"No, no. you don't have to. I'll get it myself." I said quietly and tried to get up but Darius sat down on the couch and placed my outstretched legs on his lap.

I gaped at him in embarrassment and cleared my throat awkwardly as the man stood rooted to his spot like he had seen aliens.

"I am fuckin' talking to you, Jason." Darius gritted out and the man recovered from whatever shock he went into before he moved his feet out of the living room.

"Darius." I called but he ignored me once again and started to massage my foot.

I tried to snatch my foot out of his deathlike grip but his eyes snapped to mine and he fixed me a hard glare which caused me to shrink back into the couch.

"I am fine." I mumbled while I fiddled with my thumbs in my lap.

"And I am the Greek President." He countered sarcastically.

"You practically are if we remove all the law enforcement bodies. You make the laws of this country anyway." The man named Jason said as he walked back inside with a glass of water in his left hand.

I looked at Darrius in question who was busy glaring daggers at an oblivious Jason who extended the glass in my direction.

"Thank you." I muttered and took the glass from him.

"So, you're the government, legislature, or executive?" I questioned Darius.

"All three of them." Jason answered cheekily instead.

Darius was awfully quiet and he was focused on my foot like it was the most interesting thing on the whole planet.

"Since he's not going to introduce me, I'll gladly do it myself." Jason said and cleared his throat in a dramatic manner.

"I am Jason Gonzalez, his best friend since diapers." He introduced himself with a wide grin and put his hand forward for me to shake.

I looked at it for a second but eventually brought my hand up only for it to be grabbed by Darius.

"Don't fuckin' touch her, asshole. You committed a murder less than an hour ago."

My eyes widened and I quickly averted my gaze to my lap and gulped.

"Way to ruin a fuckin' moment." Jason grumbled and stood up.

"Anyways, nice meeting you. I just came to congratulate you on your engagement and apologize because I couldn't attend. He sent me away to take care of a few things purposefully." He stressed the last word and gave me a small smile.

I smiled back at him, "Thank you. It was nice meeting you, too." I said back politely.

He nodded once and left us alone in the living room.

"I am fine. You should go and change, you just came back from the office." I addressed him.

"Had a rough day?" I tried after a while in hopes of getting an answer.

I frowned and once again tried to get my foot out of his hold but he wasn't having any of it so I started to thrash in his hold with the intention of getting away because the quiet version of him was scaring me.

And I thought that he resembled a ticking bomb at that moment.

Come to think of it, he often appeared as a time ticking bomb except for when he was in a playful mood which I've witnessed only once in the past two weeks.

He groaned when the heel of my foot collided with his...pants and under one second, he grabbed my ankle and he yanked it down.

My back now laid flat on the couch as I stared at him with wide eyes. His left hand slowly trailed up already ruffled dress and rose it higher up to my thigh.

My throat suddenly felt parched, unable to form any word, and my mind went blank as he began to hover above me until he came on eye level.

I swallowed my nerves and blinked up at him, "I-uh..." I awkwardly trailed off.

My mind flashed a sudden memory of the night of our engagement when he came to my room. A deep blush had already started to coat my face and I was afraid that he would end up hearing the disorderly thumping of my heart given our close proximity.

"I had a fuckin' rough day with all this business bullshit and I come home only for you to act difficult with me." He whispered huskily as his eyes roamed my face.

I stayed quiet thinking that I had upset him even more but I just wanted him to stop massaging my foot. It did not hurt that bad anymore.

"S-sorry." I stuttered.

"I don't think a mere apology, which you stated being unknown to the reason, is going to cut it."

His voice, oh my god, was the most divine melody that had ever reached my ears and I never wanted to stop hearing it.

Just something about it made me feel utterly pleased.

I bit my lip as I realized that I was fantasizing about this man which made me blush even deeper. I shouldn't be thinking of him that way.

His eyes narrowed as his calculating gaze surveyed my face and I wanted nothing more than to magically disappear from the face of the earth.

"What are you thinking about, κούκλα?" He questioned me like he already knew the answer.

"N-nothing." I stuttered in nervousness.

"Were you thinking about me, Eirene?" He had now tilted his head to the side and his hands caged my head from either side.

"NO!" I spoke a little too quickly.

His lips lifted up in a smirk, "Do you realize what you've done?"

I shook my head as his minty breath fanned my face and he had come close enough for me to inhale the familiar scent of whiskey and cigarettes.

He brought his lips near my ear and when he spoke I could feel his lips touch the shell of it, "Do you realize what I wanna do to you?"

His stubble brushed faintly against my cheek which caused me to shiver underneath him and his lips tugged upwards against my skin.

It was insane how he was barely touching me but I felt as if I was utterly naked under him.

I brought my hands to his chest and slightly pushed at it because his presence alone was overwhelming for my entire being and it had begun to cloud my senses.

Not in a good way.

"Fuck." He cursed and pulled away so fast, it made me think I electrocuted him in some way.

"My patience is barely hanging by a thread with you." He whispered to himself but I caught it.

My chest heaved as he finally stood up and ran a hand through his hair. I was afraid to move because I knew that even the smallest of muscle movement from my side would snap his attention back to me.

And I did not want to be scrutinized under his gaze. He gazed at me like he could see right through me and his eyes undressed the deepest and darkest secrets of my soul.

The scariest part was that I had no idea how he had started to affect me so much. I have never felt this way before. It was all foreign to me but it felt...good.

Slowly, I got up from the couch and folded my hands in front of me.

"Get ready for the dinner, Eirene. Unless you wanna be fucked right here." He commanded without even sparing a glance my way.

That was all I needed to run out of there as if my life depended on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 4.7K 58
Ares' father firmly believed that his son's character was unchangeable. He had raised him to be heartless and strict from a young age. However, every...
1K 22 40
Read "Forbidden Desire" and "Secret Desire" first as this is the final book in the All His trilogy. --- BRIELLE Danger was quick to catch up with her...
5.1M 155K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
8.4M 219K 82
The Mafia Heirs #1 Azalea (Lea), known as the 'Deadly', is a twenty years old assassin, who has had only one goal in her life : Avenge her parents' d...