The Strawhat Pirate: Flash Go...

By cartnime

A black feline was all the crew thought she was. They didn't bother to question how human the cat was no matt... More

Encountering the Black Cat
The Swordsman
A Fight With a Lion
The Recruit of the Future Sniper King
The Sous Chef
Protecting Krieg's Crew
Lougetown
A Big Storm is Coming
Authors Note
A Town That Loves Pirates

Helping Nami

2.2K 122 10
By cartnime

Yoruichi underestimated the 18 year old girl. She held strength many refused to hold over a dilemma like this. A situation many would simply put atop of others shoulders that they believe can bear the responsibility and fix their problem for everyone.

She saw through her facade just like her captain did, which is why she decided to sleep on his chest as they let time fly while Nami attempted to make things go right.

She flutters her eyes open as she felt nothing solid beneath her. She looks to frown at the smiling face looking down on her.

'It's always the best sleeps getting ruined' she sighs

"Let's go for a walk"

She yawns and blinks her eyes closed, hoping that her captain won't decide to wake her just to ease his boredom.

"Hey, you there! Wait!"

'I guess sleep isn't an option here' she thought bitterly

Yoruichi opens one eye to see 3 fish men standing behind them in a hostile manner that didn't phase her and Luffy due to their own experience with bad guys.

"Who are you and what are you doing on this Island?!" The octopus yells from a far.

"Why? What does it matter to you?" The black haired teen answers

"Well, it's just that we don't get many visitors" he exclaims, sweat dropping at his calm tone.

"Oh, my names Luffy. She's Yoruichi" he introduces, rubbing his cats head. "We're just passing through"

"Huh? Passing through! Well have a nice time!"

Yoruichi giggles 'Hard to believe that octopus is a bad guy' she licks her lips teasingly at the three men, making them panic at the fake hunger displayed in her eyes.

'Like I'd ever eat them'

OoO

Yoruichi's eyes soften as her friend stabs the tattoo on her arm, repeating Arlong's name every strike in a daze.

She jumps off of Luffy's shoulder and onto the knife before it can lodge into her shoulder again 'She shouldn't blame herself'

The red head seemed taken aback by how suddenly heavy the knife became. She looked down in surprise as she realised the absence she felt in her hand is exactly that. Empty.

She looks down to see Yoruichi with the knife in her mouth with a very sad look etched on her face. Nami was too shaken to see the feline jump on the knife then flip back, grabbing the tip in her mouth mid air.

Yoruichi drops the knife she held in her mouth to lick the red heads forearm in comfort.

"Yoruichi" she looks up at the teen hovering above her "Luffy... what do you want? You don't know anything about this. You don't know what's been happening on this island for the past 8 years"

"Nope. I don't"

She hugs the feline in her arms in comfort, tears streaming down onto her soft coat "This has nothing to do with you. I told you to leave this damn place"

"Yep. You sure did"

Nami grabs at the ground with her right hand, shovelling it behind her for the dirt to hit him. "Then leave! I told you to leave! Get out of here, get out of here!" She repeats, shovelling the ground towards him.

Yoruichi meows softly, licking the 18 year olds tears away. She stops her shovelling at the relaxing licks of the cats tongue and wrapped her other shaking arm around her.

Nami looks up at her friend in shock at the feel of something on her head.

'He... he gave me his hat' she thought, knowing how precious the straw hat meant for him.

"Of course. That's what friends do" he takes a couple steps back, crouching then standing with his arms up "HE'S GOING TO PAY!"

Yoruichi's eyes sparkled in admiration for the boy she knows to be an idiot despite his heroism.

'You never cease to surprise me'

OoO

Yoruichi decided to stay with the girl while she sat on the ground for a breather. She knew how important it can be to have company during tough times.

'At least she's stopped crying' she purred with a smile, happy that the girl started to giggle as she strokes her back.

"Thank you Yoruichi. You didn't have to stay with me, but you did" she grins, placing the feline on her right shoulder. She stands up and begins to walk to where her home is located.

She sat down and bandaged her arm slowly, wincing at the pain. It helped that Yoruichi kept nuzzling her head against the crook of her neck. It kept Nami distracted from the sting on her arm.

'At least she's stopped crying'

"Don't worry Yoruichi, I'll be fine. I just need a bit of time to rest" she states in a sad tone. "I've done enough crying. I've whined enough too" she clasps both her cheeks "It's time I make a decision" she grabs her wooden bo staff and makes a run to the village with Yoruichi in her arms.

"They're all fighting for me!"

OoO

Yoruichi decided to run ahead of Nami so she won't feel guilty if any harm came to the boys.

She wouldn't be so restless today if it weren't for the previous battle her captain, Sanji and Zoro fought in. She doubted they'd fight to their best of abilities with the injuries they sustained.

'I know they won't lose easily. But there's no way I can do nothing while they may get injured beyond repair' she grimaces 'I'd never forgive myself'

She slows down as she nears the damaged wall that separated the people with the fish. She jumps through the hole in the wall and lands gently on the gravel.

'Man those fishes really pummelled them. I hope Usopp's okay' She thought in concern 'That boy has luck not even I can comprehend' she smirks 'Where's Luffy?'

Golden eyes scans the area for the loud boy with a very unsettling feeling with her captains lack of presence and loud voice.

She runs towards the beaten blonde and meows in concern for not only him but the captain.

Miraculously, he understood the feline and pointed to the water "He was thrown in there a while ago. I'm not sure how long he has" he grunts, getting into a fighting position "I need to move that rock off him but he won't let me" he frowns

Yoruichi jumps towards the light blue fishman using her impressive cat speed and claws at his face, landing behind him and giving the chef a nod and a head tilt towards the sea 'I'll stall as long as I can'

Yoruichi dodges the repetitive kicks and yawns "Is that all you're capable of? Please" she scoffs.

The black haired fishman stared down at the creature with his foot midair. He stared at everyone to make sure he wasn't going crazy.

'There's no way I'm the only one that heard it talk!' Kuroobi exclaims to himself, looking at the grinning cat then at the crowd outside repeatedly.

Zoro whistles at the feline and pats the spot besides him. He decided to use this break with his fight with Arlong to interact with the feline.

Yoruich knowing the whistle to be for her uses the fish mans face to spring off of him and closer to the beaten up swordsman so she can arrive by his side before his fight continued.

Zoro pats her head "This is Sanji's fight" he tells her "Leave it to him. He won't let Luffy die" he reassures her

Yoruichi meows, unsure to leave the fight to Sanji. She turns around to notice the large man has dived in when she was called to stop the blonde.

'Don't disappoint me Sanji' she frowns, strutting down along the the side of the barrier to the ocean to check up on her captain.

The feline jogs towards what she'd describe to be Nami's family, cocking her head in wonderment as her captains head managed to go back in the ocean as the purple haired woman emerged.

'This is why you should never ignore a feeling' making sure they didn't see her, the feline transforms back into her human form and jumps in the water, fingers first.

She cranes her head up to lock eyes with surprised blue ones as they examined her from toe to head. She grins at him and nods her head to the rock.

'Hopefully he'll understand'

She winces as she saw her friend being sent flying back from the blow he received from the light blue fish. She decided against stopping to help him to focus on her task ahead.

'Moving under water is more restricting than I thought' she frowns 'I hope this works' balancing herself straight up, she lifts her fist up 'I should still be as agile underwater' with a regrettable scream, she lunges her right fist using her shunpo and enhanced strength towards the rock, throwing her left at it with a satisfied grin.

She kicks the remaining pieces of the rock away from her and her captain so she could swims down to him with open arms. She wraps her arms around his lower back, moving her left to his upper back with her right moving to support his head.

'I hope he's gotten enough air'

Once out of the water she takes a big breath of air, kicking towards the shore to a confused yet relieved man and woman.

She hops out the water and lays him down, pressing down his chest to get the water inside of him out.

"Who are you?" The purple haired woman asks with glazed eyes "You weren't there before. As soon as I went back under again, you suddenly appeared"

"I'd tell you if it wasn't so important to hide my identity" she tells them honestly, putting her mouth against her captains to perform CPR "And who are you?" She asks as she lifts herself up briefly

"I'm Nojiko and this is Genzo. Are you travelling with my sister Nami by any chance?"

She shakes her head "No" she lies "I'm just someone there to make sure this idiot doesn't die" she chuckles dryly, continuing on the resuscitation.

'I take my eyes off of him and he tries to die on me' she chuckles lowly, continuing her CPR 'Come on Luffy!' A gasp escapes her lips as water splurges out of the young mans mouth and onto her face.

Yoruichi quickly vanished behind the wall away from Nami's families eyes to turn back into a cat after sipping her face with a cloth she found sitting next to the slightly old man.

'He's lucky I like him' she thought with a grin as she jumps out to lunge at Luffy with her legs out "meow!" She mewls in happiness, landing on the now conscious boy to snuggle against his cold body.

"Yoru" he coughs "As much as I'd love to snuggle you, I have a fight to win!" He smiles, bouncing back up as if he nearly just didn't die underwater.

Yoruichi watched her captain with a smile as he swung himself to the other side of the park, swinging the swordsman up to "switch"

'Zoro better not get lost'

OoO

Yoruichi not trusting the tall teen to make his way back to the group decided to track him down herself.

She stretches her arms over her head as she crouched next to the snoring teenage boy.

"Man, I forget how good it feels to be human" she yawns, stretching her body further as she stood up "It's a good thing this walls here to cover me up" she grins toothily

She puts her hands on her hips as she stares down the sleeping 19 year old who looked too relaxed for his own good.

"Should I continue letting you sleep?" She asks the sleeping boy with a rather feline smile "or wake you up?" She hums in contemplation

The purple haired princess crouches again as she hovered over the injured boy as she juggled up her options.

She could allow him to sleep until the battle ends. She saw no reason for him to continue in the state he's in now.

Her eyes soften as she reaches to stroke the boys left cheek with her left hand "You have a lot of fight in you, you know?"

She kisses atop of his head then his cheeks, knowingly he wouldn't wake up from such light contact.

She put the first aid kit she retrieved from Nami's house on the ground and began her work on Zoro. If disinfecting his wounds, stitching him up properly and bandaging him meant the revelation of her true form, then so be it.

Yoruichi couldn't help but giggle at how he didn't wake up in the 38 minutes she was treating him.

He reacted of course, flinching, turning and making noises here and there, but never once did he flutter his eyes open.

'His heavy sleeping better not be a problem' she thought with a smirk, putting back the equipment in the kit and locking it back up.

The goddess threw the kit to the other side where Luffy fought in hopes someone will find it incase someone needs it 'Luffy probably does'

A loud explosion makes Yoruichi's body tense up as she became alert from the sudden loud noise.

She stood up and jumped on top of the wonky broken wall in a cat like siting position as she peers through the smoke.

She frowns as her eyes scan the cloudy area for a familiar spiky haired boy. There was no way he could end his journey so soon.

A groan makes the girl turn back into her feline form as she realised the swordsman finally woke up thanks to a piece of the wall falling on his forehead.

"What the hell... what's that noise?" He asks himself in pain, clutching his bruised bloody forehead. He looks around in confusion then up at the sky to see it now grey from all the destruction a certain boy caused.

"Luffy" he says in realisation, earning a meow that sounded a lot like a yes.

Instinctively, he puts his arms in a cradle position as a black feline lands in them happily with her back laying in them.

"Glad to see you safe Yoru" he grins, rubbing the cats head "let's get back"

'Let's indeed'

OoO

"Woah Zoro" marvels Nami "Whoever patched you up did a good job" she compliments, eyeing the now bloodless teen who looked a lot healthier than before.

"Huh?" He asks, examining his body in surprise "What the..."

"It's her" squeals Sanji with red heart eyes as he went down to memory lane to think of the most captivating woman he's ever seen "It's the chocolate goddess who was as naked as the day she born"

They crew give the etiquette pervert a deadpan look at the way he decided to describe the girl that saved Luffy from his death.

As much of a gentleman the blonde sous chef is, it never ceased to amaze them with how far his love and admiration for women can go.

"The one that saved this idiot" the blonde points to the captain to expand further

"No shit" Zoro scoffs "We're not fucking idiots"

"beg to differ" Sanji rebutts with a scowl, staring down his frenemy who instantly squared up with an amused feline in his arms.

Nami shakes her head "Stop it you two. You guys should be thinking about why she's helping us" she chastised the two bickering men

"I think they should be thinking how she was able to patch up Zoro without him knowing" the curly haired boy countered with a frown

"She must have patched me up when I was asleep" Zoro tells them his theory, a slight smile forming at how much better he felt now that he got proper treatment.

"Asleep?!" Nami and Usoff exclaim in shock "How could you sleep during something like this?!"

"Because I was tired" he replied casually to the duos agitation.

With a mischievous smile, Luffy points at Zoro's newly stitched up chest "Hey Zoro, what's that on your chest? Heh, made you look" Luffy laughs as he flicked the confused mans noise.

He decided to use this distraction as the perfect time to grab the feline out of his arms and into his against his chest.

The others join in on the captains laughter as they watched the green haired boy look at the youngest in annoyance with clenched teeth for falling for such a trick.

Yoruichi had to hold in her amusement. She loved how more at home she felt the longer she travelled with the group.

She puts her tiny arms around her captains neck and rests her head against his shoulder as she listened to their joy.

'I can get used to this'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 1
Sanji and Zoro two loving each other. They had everything a perfect relationship and good friends. But when a shadow in the form of Sanji's past emer...
122K 4.4K 51
[[ONGOING]] [[Story begins in Sabaody Archipelago]] The (Wicked) Witch of the West. That's literally what (Y/n) is if you think about it. A Witch f...
5.4K 63 10
another republish Luffy x Hancock Zoro x robin Sanji x Nami random, made up character in the story Strawhats visit an island with any and every plant...
163 10 6
┌──────┐ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 └──────┘ ❝ 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓂𝑒 𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓃...