The Fatal Deception (Percy Ja...

By TDC036

A hero who lost too many to save so much. Who has had the world rest on his shoulders again and again. Who wi... More

Chapter 1 - A Heroes Goodbye
Chapter 2 - The Fridge
Chapter 3 - Tests
Chapter 4 - Deal?
Chapter 5 - Goodbye Life
Chapter 6 - New Life
Chapter 7 - Remember Them
Chapter 8 - Last Time
Chapter 9 - Trapped
Chapter 10 - History always Repeats Itself
Chapter 11 - Too Many Questions
Chapter 12 - Changes
Chapter 13 - He Came Back
Chapter 14 - Who Am I?
Chapter 16 - Unexpected
Chapter 17 - Sorry I Couldn't Do More
Chapter 18 - Good Luck
Chapter 19 - The End of the Beginning
Final Chapter - Turned Out Alright in the End
Sorry

Chapter 15 - Aftereffects

12.3K 392 133
By TDC036

Chapter 15 - Aftereffects

I can't believe this story has over 8k in views. I know to some that may not be a lot but I came up with this idea randomly and never really thought of myself as a writer, being more interested in science, so I just can't believe so many people have read my work and if you liked it that is even more astounding. So thank you to everyone who has read it.
PS. I don't care if 8k is weird time to say this.
PPS. Is the title spelt right?

Steve POV

Who is this kid?

I stare at him in disbelief how could anyone go through that and come out the other end alive.

Slowly his mouth opens and he asks a question I never thought I would heard, "So who I am? A murderer? A hero? A monster? A kid? A villain? A leader? A criminal?" He turns away towards the window as a tear carves a path down his cheek, "Who am I?" I heard him whisper extremely quietly.

"Someone who lost the path but managed to find it again." The words pop out my mouth before I even realise they are forming, but I completely agreed with the statement. I look at the others quickly, who are all nodding their heads, before turning back to Percy.

He smiles falsely before saying, "I'll show you in the morning but now it's time for bed." As he heads towards the elevator I look of happiness, no not happiness ... realisation crosses his face, it was like he was finally seeing the world again and for once he might like the view. It was weird seeing him change like that.

I have a feeling he didn't mention everything that happened to him as when he mentioned certain places and people his eyes glazed over as if it was to hard to talk about. At his half cousins names he struggled so much and when he mentioned Annabeth I just knew she was gone. The pain his voice held, it's the same pain I get if I mention Peggy, or ... Bucky. But in some ways I can still see them, he lost everyone.

Everyone including himself.

Natasha POV

I stare at the spot where he stood, unable to believe his heroic tale.

How could someone, much less a child, go through so much? Lose so many?

I can't believe I judged him. Yes everyone truly does have a story but none like that. Hero turned villain, I smile, it sounds like a story in a fairy tale but it was his life - the only one he knew. Steve was right, he may have lost his path but being here he feels like he is where he belongs.

That kid, no after his life I can't call him a kid, that man has lived through more in 5 years than most people will in their entire life's - and that includes Steve. I have no right to judge him, no one does, not even these so called 'gods' he spoke of.

I look over to Clint sitting next to me and ask the question that hangs in the air, "Do you believe him?"

He looks at me and answers sincerly, "No one can fake that pain, that grief, that truth." I nod at that, knowing it is how I feel too but his story was just so crazy, I mean a drakon in New York.

"What do you think he means 'show us'?" Clint asks after a moment of silence.

"Let's just say if it was any like what I felt when Fury was interviewing him I want to be a thousand miles away."

"Why what happened?" He asked confused.

"It was like the earth was at war with itself and the surface of the world was the battlefield. I have never really cared about death but in that moment I thought the world was coming to an end."

"He...he can't be that powerful. He is just a kid," Clint says in horror.

"We heard enough to know he is not a kid, he is a hero and a villain rolled into one and let's just say I would hate to get on his bad side again." With that I stand up and walk towards the elevator.

Wards POV

"Sir, we have just received information that Perseus Jackson has joined S.H.I.E.L.D." Someone tells me.

I make my face emotionless before turning to the man and saying, "Sort it out. Perseus' use has come to an end, take him out permanently."

As the man walks away I can't help but feel sorry for the kid, it wasn't his choice to join but I have to do my job.

I whisper quietly to myself, "Sorry Percy, you were a good kid."

Sooo, how was it??

Sorry this chapter was meant to be longer but I ran out of time and am overloaded with work at the moment.

I'll try and make next weeks longer but the closer I get to my exams the shorter they may get (fair warning).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.6K 20
Percy was going to propose to Annabeth Avengers was going to capture a terrorist, Percy Jackson Nick Fury needed a hitman Neither of them saw the ne...
123K 2.6K 15
The Avengers all know Captain America to be Steve Rogers. The leader of the Avengers, Steve Rogers has been alive for a very long time. But what happ...
431K 9.2K 22
Whelp, I had a good description once upon a time, but then I was hacked. Basically, Percy meets the Avengers and the result is a fun rollercoaster of...
40K 1.4K 18
Dead. Gone. Percy's life has been decimated. His Wise Girl is dead. The seven are dead. Nico and Thalia are dead. Every single demigod older than...