Arranged Love Marriage

By hemasri27

The Marriage Dots Might Have Been Arranged, But The Love Lines Are Mandatory For The Marriage To Become As Be... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The very first secret between them!
Chapter 2: Yes, It's Sanjay!
Chapter 3: What is the female ego?
Chapter 4: Official Date
Chapter 6: Guess Who?
Chapter 7: Their Engagement
Chapter 8: Sanjay's love at first sight!
Chapter 9: Secrets are out!
Chapter 10: Sindhu's twin Siddhu
Chapter 11: Their Time Together
Chapter 12: The Wedding
Chapter 13: The Letter
Chapter 14: The Revenge Game Starts!
Chapter 15: Please Confess
Chapter 16: Was I fooled?
Chapter 17: Everyone learns their Love Story
Chapter 18: The Portrait
Thankfulness!

Chapter 5: I was under the pressure of impressing you.

54 12 0
By hemasri27

Sandhya's POV:

The next day, Sindhu is standing beside the bed and folding the laundry. She seems tired and dull. I enter the room, blushing, which is observed by none! I have two updates for her "Sindhu; I published my story. It is no more a secret."

She isn't pleased with whatever she got to listen to. "Hmmm. Finally, some senses entered your head! What is the title?"

I'm upset! "Hey, that's such a calm response. I expected you to pounce on me and shout 'Congratulations!' and do all sorts of drama and..." Sindhu does not even turn towards me.

She continues folding the laundry and says, "I was distraught that you kept it a secret for such a long time. No excitement at all!"

Listening to that, I, too, lost all the excitement. Sindhu does have a valid point! "Hmmm, yeah! That's a fact. Same here. No excitement at all!"

Sindhu: What's the title?

Me: An Indian Girl's Love Story.

Sindhu: Hmm, suites the story well!

Me: Rekha and Nikki read it as soon as I said them. They, too, were very curious!

Sindhu: Did they ask the same question? Do they know the guy who inspired you for that idea? To ask the above question, Sindhu turns towards me to observe my response. But still, she has no excitement about the guy who inspired me to become an Author, just that she is a little curious.

I'm upset to hear that. "Won't you come out of that question?" A bit of blush invades my cheeks while I try to say, "Also, I have decided to say a 'yes' to Sanjay. So, that does not matter."

(Writers POV: The conservation between them, which was all dull, is now filled with Sindhu's excitement and Sandhya's blushes. Sandhya has pink-red cheeks and Sindhu has stars twinkling in her eyes.)

Sindhu: Wow! Really!

Sandhya: He said, "I was under the pressure of impressing you." I fell for that.

Sindhu: Didn't I say you... Didn't I tell you he is perfect for you?

Excited and happy, Sindhu ran to the living room to make this announcement "Mommy! Sandhya says yes to the wedding."

Sanjay POV

Another day passed, and I finally got time to think deeper about Sandhya and her scary words. It's been two days since I met her, but I'm still confused. I just do not understand her. I again need Sindhu to rescue me.

Over the phone, I start, "Sindhu, your sister is very complicated."

Out of disappointment or something, she shouts, "Hey, why would you say that?"

"It is easy to deal with you, but with her, it feels like I am with some Alien!"

"I have no words to describe how lucky you are to get her love."

I get deeper into the topic giving more reasons for my confusion. "She says 'Conservative father,' which makes me feel Ganapathi uncle is forcing her and that she is not convinced. I, too, know what kind of a person your dad is, dominating, rude, and..."

Sindhu probably has sparkles of anger shooting up her spine. Without letting me speak further, she shouts, "Don't you dare complete that sentence."

I carefully continue the conservation. "Hey, I am sorry, I didn't mean to... I was just worried about Sandhya.

Sindhu answers, "Yes, my dad was dominating, short-tempered, conservative, and... But not now! He has constantly tried to be a better person for his family. We are happy. You need no worries! And hello, dad did give Sandhya the right to decide."

"Sindhu, but I still don't feel better. She gives me clues saying she is angry at me for some reason. She uses powerful dialogues like 'I HAVE to get comfortable, right?' as if someone is forcing her into this marriage. She says she does not like me yet; it MIGHT happen in the future. My future can't depend on that 'might' clause, Sindhu. I like her a lot; I don't want to lose her. Just that, I feel some guilt. I am not able to understand her. Just not able to understand her."

"Calm down, Sanjay! You know nothing about my sister. I will send you something! Read it. You will know how childish she is deep inside. She is defensive with new people. Introvert right? It will be tough initially, but it will be so only until she finds some comfort with you. And then you will understand how precious an introvert's love is."

"Introvert? Yeah!"

"Introverts, their world is too small! All they get to do, they do it only with their close ones. They get the world upside down while choosing a good friend; they are cautious about choosing. It's like a 'life depends on it' kind of decision. After you are chosen, even if the world goes upside down, they won't give up on you! And probably, any girl, for that matter, is so worried during these times. Of course, marriage is a big deal.

That was convincing! "Hmm, that comforts me. I feel better, but still, it gives me no confidence. Sindhu, should we go ahead? Will our relationship work out?"

She shouts out of panic as if the world has gone upside down. "Hey, don't scare the hell out of me. I was so much boosting that you are perfect for her. Equally confident that you love her. At this stage, how can you bring up such doubts?"

"Calm down, Sindhu! I mean..."

"How can you raise doubts after she accepts you?"

I burst out in surprise. "Sandhya said a 'yes'? Oh! My! God!"

"Don't you know? Didn't she say anything to you? Just a few moments back, the priest too suggested a date for your wedding. And it's just three weeks away from now!"

The surprise turns out to be a shock now. "Oh, oh! Three weeks? That's too soon, Sindhu. My professional life, too, is all messed up right now."

"Oh, that's alright! I have confidence in you. You will set it right."

"She scared the hell out of me, Sindhu. I was worried that she did not like me. Why would she not convey her acceptance to me? What happiness does she get in hiding my happiness from me?

"And, you don't have to understand her. She is complicated. Just respect her!"

A small smile wiped upon my face. "Hmmm. Yeah, I'll respect her. But she is interesting. Interesting! So complicated that she is magically interesting! Like some complex puzzle. I want to understand her, unlock her introverted nature and make her mine!"

I hear Sindhu laugh over that. "Yes. Yes! Everything will happen. Wait! I will send you something, read it. Bye! And hey, 'I was under the pressure of impressing you.' She fell for you for that reason."

I wonder, "She likes me for acting mad?"

Sindhu laughed out loud. "No, she likes you because you became crazy because of her. Highlight the clause 'because of her'! This is how you guys fail to understand girls."

I request, "Yup! Train me well."

"All the best. But Sanjay, that somehow indicates you will have a tough time with her! Don't know why it feels so!"

For a minute or two, I lie and relax on the sofa feeling the happiness! I know Sandhya is at the park. Hurriedly, I grab my bike keys to meet her.

Oh, mine, this is a huge park! I have spent time running all over the park to find her. Sandhya, where are you? Have I predicted your presence in the park wrong? Are you not here?

As I get doubtful thinking so, I hear Sandhya call out my name.

I immediately turn towards her, and struggling to catch my breath, I question, "Hey, why did you not say?"

"Say what?"

"That you too..."

"As if you proposed for me to propose to you. My family brought up this topic, and I replied to them. That is it."

What? I mean, so much ego? "Hey. That hurts to listen!"

"Why should I tell you? Eventually, you will get to know right! After all, it is an arranged marriage."

"Hey, are you like this only with me, or are you like this with everyone? I want to take your reply as an ego. Should I? Are you angry at me for any reason? I was so worried the whole two days about being rejected. I like you a lot. I was overjoyed listening to your sister say, 'she accepted you.' But listening to your reply now, I don't know. What if it's arranged? At the end of the day, we must be happy together."

Sandhya's POV

Listening to him, I do feel a bit of guilt. Yes, I have already taken all the needed freedom to act a bit rude. It's time I correct that! Equally, I know he isn't too very hurt to plead sorries! And mostly, my anger is gone nowhere... "Hmm, I am sorry! I..."

I hear him back saying, "It's ok. Your sister mentioned you are an introvert. It takes some time for you to be expressive with me."

With a bit of blush and smiles added, he continues, "Also, I can take it as your version of being girly or shy."

How must I respond to this? Let me say just 'Ok!' and I say, "Ok."

He doesn't accept this response from me. "Ok? Just ok?"

I can't continue this conservation. I am baffled! I have to get rid of this person. "Bye!"

He again does not accept my response. "Bye?" Forcefully he adds, "Ok, fine, bye! I will get going."

I forced him to part ways with me by saying an unnecessary 'Bye.' But, we are far away from the exit for Sanjay to get away from me. We walk together, but still away. I mean, we are walking at the same pace, so we are together. But still away! Sanjay has chosen the right corner of the lane, and me, the left. As we walk in silence and awkwardness, none of us enjoy nature and its beauty in here! We have neared the exit, and Sanjay knows I want him to leave.

Conversely, I know my conversation with him this time was terrible. I know I have to make it better. But this time, I feel the pressure of starting a new relation, being in a new relationship. Even though I want to do the corrections right away, I want to give my apologies right away; my brain isn't functioning fine. I am the one unable to behave usually this time! It's my turn to act weird.

I know Sanjay might have a few questions left, but I can see him hesitant to ask them out. He is walking towards the exit, and I do not even acknowledge his departure. I was not even waving a 'Bye!'. I stand near the exit and look at the ground, knowing he will leave soon. And as he steps out of the park, I continue my walking.

Sanjay POV

I am so much not ok with this attitude of hers. I let my anger out. "How can you just say an 'ok' after my lengthy emotional speech? How can you force me a 'goodbye!' Don't you like me? Do you feel uncomfortable with me? If that's the case, why did you accept our marriage? This will be a punishment to me, Sandhya. I want to spend time with you with smiles, laughter, and happiness."

Sandhya turns back to watch the drama I'm pulling on right now. I continued, "I was leaving, and you could not even wave goodbye to me!"

She bends her head down as she speaks to apologize. Guilt is heard in her voice. "Today, I feel the pressure of being in a new relationship. Sorry, I know I am rude. This isn't me. I am nice to people!'

All my doubts, insecurities, anger, and everything else are thrown into a gutter in a single shot!

Sandhya is probably seeing my dimples for the first time. Very softly, she says, "Oh, dimples! I never knew you had that cuteness!" A grin that ran over my mouth, listening to her say, "I'm feeling the pressure of being in a relationship," formed dimples over my cheeks. Yes, I've had fans for that. I hope she is flattered to see my cuteness!

I reply, "Oh, dimples! Thank you!"

So, she has nothing to say, and I continue.

I continue, "Even though that's supposed to be bad, it is a positive sign! And I like it. A lot! Listening to you say that out, I now understand you."

She enquires, "What do you understand now?"

"I mean, Sindhu said, you liked me because I felt the pressure of impressing you. I was wondering if you were some psycho! But now I understand; it's nice to see the other person's sincere efforts!"

Sandhya throws out a smile at me. "Did Sindhu tell that?'

"Hmmm, yes! She probably has no secrets among us! You and me! Highlight the word 'you and me!'"

Her turn to blush. I am witnessing it for the first time! "That's too soon to say 'you and me' and 'us'!"

"Our names are rhyming. I always had this sentiment driven around us. It feels like destiny!"

"Yes! Sandhya Sanjay. Hmm, rhyming!"

"I decided to call you Sandy, and you call me Sanju!"

"That's too soon!"

"Everything is too soon for you? How long will you make me wait? "

(Sandhya wants to say "Forever!" with a thriving attitude. But she just keeps quiet.)

Sanjay: All my close ones call me Sanju. It would feel like a family with you if you could call me Sanju.

As Sanjay leaves, Sandhya stands over there, watching him go. Even after he is gone, it is only him in her thoughts. She walks and walks, not keeping track of how much she walks. Round and round around the park. She is constantly looking at the ground and blushing. Yeah! She is lost. In love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 86.9K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
3.6M 130K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
46.7K 4K 51
In the enchanting city of Jaipur, Sanyukta and Randhir find themselves entangled in an arranged set-up as they slipped rings onto eachother's finger...
114K 5.1K 45
it's a story about an IAS aspirant College Girl and India's Youngest IAS officer. Sanjana More is a girl who wants to became IAS officer. She is cari...