Upside Down Love

By ayexdan

Is it possible to fall in love with someone the first time you laid eyes on them? Well, I did and unfortunate... More

Prologue: Meetings
Chapter 1: Madison Paige Cameron
Chapter 2: Avery Laine Fisher
Chapter 3: To Be or Not to Be
Chapter 4: Pro Bowling
Chapter 5: She's Just a Friend
Chapter 6: It's Gametime Baby!
Chapter 7: To Be or Not to Be... Friends Again?
Chapter 8: My Little Brother
Chapter 9: Hurt & Pain
Chapter 10: New Friends
Chapter 12: Not Again
Chapter 13: Rumors
Chapter 14: Date Night
Chapter 15: The Locker Room
Chapter 16: Being Together
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: The Beginning
Chapter 19: Pain and Misery
Chapter 20: Love
Chapter 21: The Resolve
Chapter 22: A Day With Allison
Chapter 23: Rachel and Allison
Chapter 24: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 25: The Beetle

Chapter 11: After the Party

187 6 1
By ayexdan

Madison's POV

I didn't wanna go to this stupid party. But, lately I've been trying to be a good girlfriend and actually like him. At this point, I felt like I was stuck with him. I didn't have Avery anymore, so I may as well be happy with him.

So that's what I did; well tried to.

Most of the time I sat in the living room with Gabriel while he talked with his friends. Lindsey and Brandy were here but they were around doing whatever they wanted. I wasn't in the best of moods, I felt like shit.

I really missed Avery. Just as I thought that, I saw her talking and grinning with Michaela. I couldn't help the frown that made its way onto my face. I shook my head looking away, but I couldn't help but look at them again.

Wow, already? What happened to loving me? I saw them laughing and Michaela pulled Avery outside.

"What's going on baby, you don't seem so well." Gabriel said. "You sure you don't want a drink?" I looked down at him as he stared at me worriedly. I smiled and pushed my lips against his, trying to forget what I just saw.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sure, I'll just take a couple sips of that. Thank you." He nodded, rubbing my waist. He handed me the cup.

"I love you, you know? Thank you for being here for me through everything. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to be better for you."

"Thank you Gabriel, that means a lot to me. I'm glad you've been feeling better." I've realized I don't really love him. I couldn't tell him that, so I've been avoiding saying anything like that to him. I had been trying to convince myself that maybe I could, one day love him. Maybe I could.

I looked outside through the window and saw Avery and Michaela talking. Avery stood up and came inside.

She was obviously drunk, no doubt about it. She had a little confident smirk on her face and she was swaying. She didn't seem to be paying attention to anything around her, she just didn't seem to care at all.

Of course, I got up and followed her to the kitchen. I wanted to ask her about Michaela.

"Moved on quick huh?" I told her; angrily and I had the right to be mad. She told me she loved me and now she's with someone else, giggling and smirking. How dare she?

She ignored me and I huffed. I just wanted her to look at me, to look me in my eyes and tell me she loves me again. "I guess I was right." She rolled her eyes at me and turned around.

"What do you want?" She glared at me, anger written all over her face. I stared at her, my mouth dropped in shock. But, I had done it, it was my fault she hated me, I couldn't blame her.

"I–I just..."

"I told you I was done with you. I've realized I'm too good for you." My mouth dropped as my heart shattered inside of me. She was serious... seriously done with me. She couldn't be, right? She was supposed to love me.

I pulled her back, bringing her lips to mine.

Her arms wrapped around me as I held her tightly. I wanted her to know that I was sorry, that I never wanted to lose her again. I missed this, I missed her so much. I hoped she felt the same way. I hoped she didn't just want me for a bet, I hoped that she actually loved me.

I just wanted her love again. Because honestly, it was the only real love I thought I knew... and if it was a lie...

She pulled back and I held her, not wanting her to leave. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Avery, were you with me because of the bet?" I asked her, staring into her eyes.

"If you have to ask me that, then you really don't know me." She picked up her drinks, shaking her head. "I thought I made how I felt about you obvious?" She told me. I watched her walk away as I touched my lips.

I felt tears come into my eyes as I shut them tightly, trying to hold them back.

I shook my head, wiping my eyes as they came out anyway.

"Hey, you okay? Did she do something to you?" Gabriel asked me, pulling me into him. I cried harder as he asked, because it just felt so wrong to be held by him.

I didn't like how it felt compared to Avery's arms. We stayed that way for a second and he kissed my forehead.

"I'm okay, let's go." We hung out for a couple more hours. Finally Lindsey and Brandy came and we were talking. I ended up having a good time with them. Fuck it, I might as well get drunk.

Everyone began leaving after a couple more hours. I saw Avery and Michaela walk through the living room hand in hand, going to the front of the house.

"What happened with you and her?" He asked me as we walked back outside.

"We just aren't friends anymore. Decided it was best that way." He looked at me surprised then smiled. Of course he was happy about it.

"The bet? Yeah, that's so shitty Maddie, I'll beat her ass–" I groaned cutting him off, rolling my eyes. I was tired of hearing him talk. I was over it.

"Leave her alone... Actually, leave me alone. I'm done, I can't be with you anymore Gabriel." He stared at me, blinking.

"What? You're just drunk baby. Let's talk about this tomorrow." I shook my head.

"I like her. I like Avery." I looked outside and saw Michaela and Avery holding hands while they talked. "I'm falling in love with her... I cheated on you with her. Even though she probably hates me, I'm gonna try to be with her. Either way I can't be with you. I don't love you. I barely even like you." His eyes flashed with anger. It's his own fault, he's the one been not letting me break up with him.

"You know what, fuck you and fuck her too. I knew you were a dyke. Find your own fucking way home. Bitch." He stormed away from me, to his car. That felt kinda good. I grinned and looked towards Avery. She and Michaela were kissing and I stared feeling jealously fill me. Along with nausea, damn it I drank too much.

I felt sick and I ran to the side of the house, I gagged but nothing came up. I stood there for a bit, trying to control myself.

I took a deep breath and stood up, seeing Avery walk back outside, looking for Xander. I stared at her, wondering if I should do something about it.

She looked down at her phone and smiled. I staggered towards her. This is my chance.

She looked at me, her eyes scrunched up.

As I got closer, she tensed up and looked away. She shook her head and began walking away.

"Avery, wait." She turned towards me tiredly.

"What? Why do you keep trying to talk to me? You've hurt me enough." I sighed and stopped in front of her.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just miss you." She shook her head.

"Save the bullshit." I gagged a little, and then it all came up. Avery jumped back and groaned. She came back and held me up as I staggered. "Damn Madison, all over my shoes." She was rubbing them across the grass.

"I'm sorry Avery." She shook her head and looked around.

"Did you have a way home?" I shook my head at her and she sighed. "It's fine, I'll have Xander bring you. He's upstairs fucking one of your friends." She pulled me over and we sat on the grass. She laid me down and I laid on her leg. I felt like shit.

She stared down at me and I looked away, wiping my face on my sleeve. I knew I looked like shit.

"Do you seriously think I'd be with you for a bet?" She mumbled, looking away pained.

"I did, but I don't know why. I do know you love me Avery." She nodded. "Michaela's cute." She looked down at me amused.

"You're drunk."

"So are you." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Not as drunk as you are."

"Maybe, but I can see. Seems like you liked her." She shrugged.

"You lost your chance, get over it." I frowned.

"You're an asshole when you're mad. I don't like it." She laughed and ran a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes, savoring the feeling of her touch. "I broke up with him." She looked down at me, not saying anything. "I'm sorry Ave."

"Try again when you're sober." She whispered to me.

"Yeah, I'm drunk whatever. But I know I want you Ave. I made a mistake trusting Gabriel. I shouldn't have used your past against you. I know you aren't like that, I know you love me." She stared down at me, a pained look on her face.

"You hurt me Madison. I thought you'd be the last one to ever do something like that to me." She was right, I was horrible.

"You're right." I mumbled. We sat there for a bit, I felt stupid, but I knew I couldn't take it back now. I'd done the damage.

"Hey, Avery." Xander called. "We're all ready if you are?" She nodded and stood up, helping me up with her.

"Would it be okay if Madison came?" She asked. "Gabriel left her." Xander frowned but nodded.

"Yeah, of course." He said, smiling at me.

They took us to our separate homes (unfortunately) and I went upstairs, falling onto my bed.

I'm not gonna let Avery go. I thought before falling asleep.

~

I tried calling Avery this weekend but she didn't answer. Well, she did but it wasn't her.

"Hello?" I said, hopefully since it was the first answer. 

"Hey Madison." I heard someone... who was not Avery say.

"I–I Michaela?"

"Avery's in the shower, we're going to hang out today. I stayed the night with her last night." I frowned. "I know you like her... I do too. I have nothing against you, but if you want her you'll have to try a little harder. As for now, I'm gonna keep trying to get her with me."

"Look, she's in love with me. You know you don't have a chance." She laughed.

"Yeah, I know she loves you. But, I can get her to get over it because I'll actually treat her right. She doesn't want to talk to you, you know? That's why she hasn't answered your phone calls. Don't worry, I can make her happy."

"N–No, Avery and I talked at the party–"

"Yeah, she told me. She also told me she wants nothing to do with you. Do us both a favor and leave her alone. She's too good for you." I shook my head, not believing her. But... what if Avery did say that? I did mess up, I wanted her to be happy.

"Yeah... okay." I mumbled.

"Like I said, don't worry, I'll take care of her. Bye!" I heard the line beeping and I felt the sadness overtake me.

I really messed up with her, didn't I?

~

I walked into school the next morning, feeling defeated. I wanted Avery back, but I just wanted her to be happy. Maybe Michaela was right, she could make her happy.

I kept my head down, walking throughout the halls but I heard whispering. I looked up to see people staring at me.

"Morning Madison." Brandy told me, meeting me as I walked towards my locker.

"Goodmorning." I looked up at her and she stared at me sorrowfully. "What's going on?" I asked her, confused.

"I'm so sorry Madison, I know you must be feeling horrible." I raised my eyebrow.

"What?" I was confused, what did she know? "What's going on? Why's everyone been staring at me?"

"You didn't hear? Trenton told me that you and Avery got together a while back when you were with Gabriel and she gave you an STD... You could've told me you two had a thing you know." She told me, grinning a little. My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"No... Avery never gave me anything. I– That's not true." She studied me.

"Then why are you all sad?" I shook my head, ignoring her. I had to go find Avery. I had to make sure she was okay, this is what happened to her at her last school.

I ran around her, towards Avery's locker, seeing her there. She had her head down, obviously upset. I began to run towards her, but someone beat me.

Michaela.

I saw her grab Avery's hand and pull her into her arms. Avery's arms wrapped around her and I stopped in my tracks. Michaela whispered to Avery as she rubbed her back.

Then, she pulled back and asked Avery something before the two of them grabbed hands and walked towards the entrance of the school.

"And now she's gonna give it to her." I heard Brandy say behind me. "I know she's your friend but that's kinda crazy Maddie." I rolled my eyes.

"Avery didn't give me anything Brandy. Stop listening to rumors it's so fucking stupid. Don't act like a child." I told her, my fists balling up. I said it all loudly and everyone looked at me. "Yeah, I hope you all heard. Avery didn't give me anything. It's a stupid rumor and all of you are dumbasses to be spreading it too." I shook my head, stomping away mumbling to myself. "God, how could you be so dense?"

I was pissed, but most importantly I felt horrible about it. I had to know who started this rumor. Then, from there, I'd get Avery back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.3K 29
(GXG)"Tell me what you want me to do to you. It's just a bit of role play" I decided to play along "I want you to eat me out" I whispered and she sa...
80.1K 2.9K 16
***Please if you have not read 18&Over yet it is definitely a huge part of this story and you won't be able to understand what is going on without re...
66.7K 1.4K 19
falling. I've never known that feeling before, until her. Or did I really fall? No, my love for her grew, as the idea of her consumed me. the questio...
671K 16K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...