Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

By MykalaMcGuire

Claire finds a mysterious diary that talks back to her. At first she's hesitant, but as she writes the diary... More

Jailbreak & Don't Mess with Mother Hen
Goldilocks at Flourish and Botts
The New Kid and the Mysterious Diary
Howlers and Again with Goldilocks
Sick of Slytherins
Headaches and A Death Party
Let's Play Detective
Gullible Goldilocks Casts Boneless Spell
Distractions, Duels, and Dilemmas
A Furry Problem
Diaries and Valentines
Hermione's Realization
The Monster Within
Confronting Demons
The Heir of Slytherin
Back to Normal
Book Three's Out!
Rewriting Series

Summer with the Weasleys

392 11 2
By MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 1: Summer with the Weasleys

The sun rose above the Weasley home. Sunlight creeped through the window in Claire and Ginny's room. The beam of light landed on Claire's face causing her to groan and pull her cover over her head. She couldn't go back to sleep now. She sat up and yawned before she got out of bed. She grabbed an outfit and towel and headed to the bathroom. After showering and changing, she went back to her room and saw that Ginny had just woken up.

"Morning, Ginny." Claire said.

"Morning, Claire. Are you still going to that Muggle Music shop after breakfast?" Ginny asked.

Claire nodded. "Why? You wanna go?"

"Yea. It sounds interesting. What goes on in a music shop, anyway?"

"Well, they play music." Claire said.

Ginny frowned. "I got that much from the name. I'm not Ron."

Claire rolled her eyes. "It's like any old shop in Diagon Alley. Except they sell muggle instruments and muggle music. It's incredible. And It's my safe haven."

"BREAKFAST!" Mrs. Weasley hollered from the kitchen.

Claire and Ginny could hear the boys running down the stairs and they rolled their eyes. They both headed downstairs. When they entered the kitchen, they saw the boys stuffing food in their faces. Claire sat next down to Ron and put some toast and bacon on her plate. She poured herself a glass of milk and began eating.

"Claire, are you in for a game of Quidditch after breakfast?" Fred asked.

Claire shook her head and said, "Sorry, Ginny and I are going to the Muggle Music shop in town."

"What? Why?" George asked.

"Because we can." Claire said.

" 'at's s' 'pecial about' a 'uggle 'sic shot?" Ron asked, his mouth full of food.

"I'm sorry Ron can you repeat that, I don't speak idiot." Claire teased.

Ron glared at her before swallowing his food and saying, "I said what's so special about a muggle music shop?"

"Well, what's so special about Quidditch? You guys use that as an escape from the world while I use music to do that." Claire said. "And besides, Ginny and I are the only girls, besides Mrs. Weasley of course, in this house and as much as we enjoy spending time with you we need time to be girls."

And with that Claire and Ginny put their dishes in the sink and went upstairs.

"Girls are weird." Ron said.

"You're one to talk!" Claire shouted.

"How'd she even hear me?" Ron questioned.

Ginny and Claire came downstairs all dressed in muggle attire. They said goodbye before leaving to go to the music store. Claire and Ginny soon arrived in the muggle town. Ginny was amazed by it but Claire wasn't seeing as she had been here numerous times before.

"What's that? Oh, look at that!" Ginny exclaimed, pointing at various objects.

"Shh!" Claire grabbed Ginny's arm to keep her from pointing at things. "If you keep doing that you'll drawing attention to yourself!"

"Sorry." Ginny said sheepishly. "So, where's this shop?"

At that moment, Claire stopped outside of a brown building with different instruments on display in the glass display cases. The sign above the store read, "Treble and Bass". Claire motioned for Ginny to follow her inside. When Ginny was inside the shop,her mouth dropped opened. The store was huge! There were guitars, drums, basses, pianos, sound equipment and many other various musical items.

"This is so cool! How did you ever discover this shop?" Ginny asked, examining one of the guitars.

"Remember a few years back when your dad took the whole family to a muggle town to experience it? Well, this is that same town. I remembered this shop and I came back several weeks later to see it. Now, I come here several times every summer to check out the music." Claire said.

"Hey, Claire!" A boy brown hair and brown eyes who was several inches taller than Claire came over to her and Ginny.

"Jeremy! How are you?" Claire said.

"Good. You?"

"Good."

Ginny nudged Claire's shoulder.

"Oh, Jeremy this is Ginny. Ginny this is Jeremy. His parents own this shop." Claire introduced the two to each other.

"Nice to meet you." Ginny said.

"Likewise. Well, it was nice seeing you Claire. I have to go help with inventory." Jeremy then left.

"C'mon, let's go check out the new music they have." Claire led Ginny over to the listening stations.

Claire explained to Ginny that you put on the headphones and music comes through it. Claire showed her some of her favorite bands. She played ABBA, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Blondie, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, The Clash, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Journey, Nirvana, and Queen. Ginny actually enjoyed the music and found some other artists she liked.

"So, is this all you do here?" Ginny asked, taking off the headphones.

"Well, no. I also play the instruments." Claire said.

"You know how to play these instruments? How?" Ginny questioned.

"I can only play guitar and piano. I learned through some of the music books they have here." Claire replied.

Claire led her over to the guitars. She picked up a black Fender acoustic guitar.

"I've always wanted a guitar." Claire said absentmindedly as she began playing "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash.

"You're really good." Ginny said. "How'd you know how to play the song?"

Claire shrugged. "I don't know. It's like I can hear the notes and chords in my head and I just play it."

Claire glanced at the time and saw that it was getting late. The two decided to head back home. When they arrived home, they saw Fred, George, and Ron playing Quidditch in the front yard. They heard Mrs. Weasley call them in for lunch. They all went inside and ate.

"So, are you going to participate in the next game, Claire?" Ron asked.

"Sure, why not." Claire said.

The rest of the day was filled with Quidditch games. After dinner, they took showers and went to bed. That night Claire decided to write a letter to Harry and Hermione to see how their summers were going. When she finished she used Errol, the Weasley's owl, to send the letters to them. She then went to sleep hoping they were having a good summer.

The rest of the summer passed pretty quickly much to Claire's disappointment. Hermione and her had sent owls back and forth telling each other about their summer. However, Harry hadn't even sent one letter to Claire, Ron, or Hermione. This caused Claire to worry about Harry. His birthday had just passed and she sent him some Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and he had never replied back with a 'thank you' or 'how's your summer?'. Claire and Ron were out on the front porch of the Burrow thinking of what to do.

"I bet you anything those Dursleys have barred his windows and locked his doors. He's probably trapped in his room and can't contact us." Claire said.

"Wouldn't surprise me. They didn't make a great first impression back on the platform." Ron said.

"What are we going to do? We can't just leave him there." Claire said.

"I don't know." Ron said.

Claire sighed trying to think. Suddenly, Mr. Weasley appeared coming towards them.

"Hello, Claire, Ron." Mr. Weasley greeted them. He had a black smudges on his cheek and clothing.

"Hello, Mr. Weasley." Claire said. "Um, is there a reason why you're all dirty?"

"Oh, I was working on the Ford Anglia in the shed. Put a few enchantments on it: invisibility booster, flying. Don't tell Molly though." Mr. Weasley said disappearing into the house.

When Mr. Weasley was gone, Fred and George came outside. Invisibility booster?Flying? Claire thought to herself. Then suddenly, Claire had a brilliant idea.

"Ron, I think I have an idea." Claire said.

"What is it?" Ron asked.

"We're going to need Fred and George's help." Claire said. "FRED! GEORGE! COME HERE!"

The twins ran over to them.

"What is it?" The twins asked in unison.

"Would you be willing to help Ron and I rescue Harry?" Claire asked.

The twins looked at each other, shrugged, then said, "What do you have in mind?"

Claire explained the plan to the three Weasley boys.

"That might actually work." Fred said.

"Yeah, if we don't get caught." Ron said.

"When are we putting this plan into action?" George asked.

"Tonight." Claire said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the first chapter of the second book! How'd you all like it? I'm surprised I had time to actually write and post it. In this book, I'm planning to change and add in a few things. I'm trying to make it a bit more original then the book. I have some ideas that I'm hoping will work in favor of making this book better. Please check out the playlist for this book. Thank you for all your support, reviews, and follows!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or Doctor Who only what you don't recognize (backstories, original characters/plots). I also do not own the songs. All rights go to their original artists.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 798 16
Y/N now know her real Name and parents but her adoptive parents told her to keep quiet and wait a year Y/N don't know why but now she has a problem w...
442 4 32
Second Year - The Chambers of Secrets has been opened, purifying muggle-borns. It has been rumored that the Slytherin Heir opens them. Phoenix alre...
88.1K 3.7K 22
Aidy is back and on top of the world. With a successful performing career ahead of her, as well as her stellar grades, she's feeling like nothing cou...
28.7K 1.1K 16
Sarafina is entering her second year at Hogwarts and notices her little sister acting strangely. Her friendship with Draco Malfoy faces a terrible s...