love and hatred | annyeongz [...

By jintokki

Wonyoung hates blue, Yujin hates pink. But what would they do if they actually meet the human embodiment of t... More

love and hatred
pink
blue
1. pink sweater and mint choco
2. blue phone case and matcha
3. pink pencils and sketches
4. blue hoodie and a someone
hi
5. pink lipstick and a someone
6. blue and pink
7. pink girl and blue girl
8. screw the colors
9. cafeteria and insanity
what the
10. athletic and lazy
hey
11. smart and smarter
12. ain't that bad

13. start*ng ov*r

440 38 9
By jintokki

Yujin was being desperate. She's trying so hard not to cringe at the moment. 

Because why, in most ungracious and not-heavenly manner, is Choi Yena helping her by doing some shit as if this entire deal was a date? 

What's with the flowers and chocolates? What's with the cheesy-ass letter? THE HEART? 

It's not a date. For pete's sake. (Wait, who the hell is Pete again?)

Yujin said it a million times yesterday. She said it loud and clear, enough to get it through their thick heads which unfortunately didn't work based on what she is currently witnessing. Jesus, she only asked an individual obsessed with pink for some lunch and this is what she'll discover in school? 

"You're joking," She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to process everything as calmly as possible, "Please tell me you're just kidding." Yujin looked at her with desperation in her eyes. 

"Why not? You should make your moves real fast," Yena put her arm on Yujin's shoulder, pulling her slightly, "Jang Wonyoung is really pretty you know," A wink. The audacity of this bitch. And why is Hyewon only giggling at the side like that?

"Fuck off," She pushed off the older girl away from her, "I thought you hated her?" 

"Hated. Past tense. Change is the only thing that's constant in this world, my dear Yujin," Yena had the most annoying grin on her face and Yujin wanted to punch it away, "I believe the only constant in this world is change." 

"Wow, this is the first time I heard such words from you," Hyewon said as she's scrolling through her timeline. Her notifications are blowing up, maybe because one of her banger tweets finally got clout.

Yujin groaned, massaging her temples. How the hell is she friends with them? What a fucking mystery.

And now she's regretting telling her friends everything that happened that day. It was such a horrible idea to let them know that Jang Wonyoung is cool, cute, and pretty all at the same time. 

This time she can't help but cringe. Hard. Oh my god.

She sounded like a whipped person and she wanted to erase it away. 

"Fuck." Yujin muttered under her breath, she can't believe this is happening. 

Driven by panic, she snatched the bouquet of flowers from Yena's grasp and ran towards the nearest trash can. Her pink cheeks slowly becoming more evident as she is starting to notice the look random students were giving her. 

Just ignore them Yujin. Fuck the flowers. Fuck Choi Yena.

"What are you doing?" Shit.

Just right when she's about to throw the flowers, this person shows up. Like really, of all people? Why her?

"...Hey, haha. Good to see you there,"  She quickly hid it on her back. Her sheepish smile showing how awkward she is (once again) towards the student.

The student in question was confused. But she got the hint that Yujin didn't want her to ask further and she respects that.

The Jang Wonyoung doesn't want to bother people and make them uncomfortable. Especially to Yujin. Well— maybe before when they were still-- uhm, strangers? Enemies? But things have changed now and she didn't want to pry.

"Good morning." She greeted back. "Need help?" 

"NO!" her voice cracked. Goddammit Yujin. She clears her throat. "Shouldn't you be heading towards your classroom now?" It was very obvious that she's trying to hide something. But she didn't give a single shit. She'd rather be embarrassed from the weird stares from the bystanders than Wonyoung seeing her holding flowers with a letter (a heart-shaped one at that so fuck Choi Yena once again) in it. 

"...Sure. See you later then?" Wonyoung gave her a shy smile. "Lunch, right?" 

"Y-yeah!" Yujin awkwardly smiled back. She felt her sweat slowly flowing down from her forehead. "My treat of course." 

 Wonyoung walked away without a word but was still giving her a small smile and wave. Once she was out of Yujin's sight, she exhaled loudly. 

Another sigh escaped her lips.

And slammed the bouquet of flowers inside the damn trashcan. 

"Nice show over there!" Yujin heard another familiar voice; she was clapping while laughing. Anyone can tell she's having a good time. 

But not Yujin though. 

"YOU." She whipped her head towards Yena who was still doing her own joyful thing. 

"You're welcome bestie!" 

"I SWEAR TO GOD-" 

Hyewon was cheering the both of them with this interesting episode of an idiot chased by another idiot.  

-

Yujin decided to order food and placed everything at her not-so secret area. (That one place where a certain barbie suddenly appeared and everything was history) She likes to hang out here. And Wonyoung too. Now this place became their own thing. 

She wasn't expecting this place to have a significant role in her life. She just wanted to have a spot where she can read and nap properly but here she was, prepping up the food while waiting for her new friend. 

She texted Wonyoung about it. The latter quickly agreed. Cool. 

It didn't take long until the pink girl arrived. She whipped her head the second she heard the door making a sound. Damn, she's so excited for this. She wanted to die. 

"Hey."

"Hey." At this point, Yujin was convinced she needs to read a book about how to interact and converse with humans properly because she's obviously bad at it.  

Wonyoung smiles again. Yujin melts. (FUCK CHOI YENA) She screamed at the back of her mind. 

It turned out a bit awkward. Only a little bit. Mainly because Yujin herself is a total idiot in facing pretty girls.

Thank goodness Wonyoung sat immediately, giggling at the food. The food choices were just the blue girl trying to be safe as possible. She understands though, they were still trying to know each other and of course Yujin doesn't know what she  food she prefers.

How cute.

They devoured the food with Wonyoung carrying the conversations and Yujin silently thanking the gods the younger was good at communicating. Yujin would reply some snarky remarks and Wonyoung was having the time of her life laughing. She didn't expect her replies would be so mean but so funny.

This was totally not a date.

So why is Yujin gay panicking?

After finished eating, Wonyoung shared some of her embarrassing childhood stories. Yujin did the same. Most of it exposing Yena and her antics. (She made sure to talk shit about Yena because why not?)

Their fun stories became emotional ones. Sharing personal stuff and memorable moments of their life.

Yujin learned that Wonyoung is not the girl she pictured of her before. She was totally wrong for judging a person quickly. Wonyoung was a hard worker and a really good person who cared for her friends and family. It's just she's easily misunderstood by the others.

"I apologize." Yujin said so suddenly. Wonyoung almost choked on her drink because of it.

"For what?"

"For everything. I was being so mean to you. Hated you for no reason—"

"I'm the one should be apologizing! I never thought you're actually a cool person. Probably one of the coolest people I've met ever."

"You're exaggerating."

"Maybe. But you're still cool at least to me. And did I mention that you're so pretty?"

Blood rushing to her cheeks Yujin can feel it getting warmer every second.

FUCK DID I JUST BLUSH HARD?

"I— Uhm... Thanks? I'm sorry— I really can't handle compliments." Especially from a pretty lady like you. Yujin faked cough to calm herself down. "You're pretty yourself too you know."

"Thank you." Wonyoung smiled wider that it even reached her eyes. Good lord.

Yujin had to gulp down a bottle of water. Her heart was beating extremely fast it's so unhealthy.

"Say Yujin...."

"Hmm?"

"Can we start over?"

"What?"

"Let's forget about us hating each other and start over. As friends this time."

Friends? Them? After all the things they did to each other? Hating each other's existence now they're gonna be friends?

Starting over?

Yujin's gaze went to Wonyoung's determined eyes. She suddenly felt weak. The amount of effect this woman has on her. It's crazy.

"Sure. Let's be friends." Yujin extended her hand to Wonyoung, also grinning, "I'm Ahn Yujin, you?"

Little did Yujin know, deep inside of Wonyoung's raging mess of a heart was the fact that she's developing a huge crush on her and this certain pink girl is yet to realize it herself.

Wonyoung took Yujin's hand, shaking it in the process.

"I'm Jang Wonyoung. I suppose we're friends now?"

"Of course. Looking forward to making more memories with you as someone I don't hate." Both of them were laughing.

Yujin still hates pink, but not this girl. Wonyoung still doesn't like blue, but she's slowly starting to like it now.

Maybe Yena was right. This entire thing feels like a date.

A getting-to-know-your-new-friend kind of date.

But still, fuck Choi Yena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 208 27
wonyoung is a new transfer student at ive collage she scare to meet new people because at the previous collage she always get bullied. What will happ...
119K 5.1K 42
"Why am I feeling this way?" Date Started:03/21/20 Date Ended:05/22/20 Highest Ranking(s) #1 - izone #1 - yulyen #1 - yena #1 - annyeongz #1 - 2kim #...
14.9K 693 33
YUJIN,a sweet and bubbly girl who lost her mother on a Car Accident while celebrating her 10th birthday. Since then,yujin never show how she feels,wh...
83.1K 2.9K 63
After IZ*ONE disbanded, Clarkson Lim an ultimate fanboy of the girl group had an unexpected encounter with his bias Jang Wonyoung. What happens when...