It Started With A Tweet (One...

By messedupbun

- because this moment simply is - More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
EPILOGUE
The Mix Tape (not part of the story)

Chapter 30

234K 5.7K 6.5K
By messedupbun

AN: I present to you, the final and biggest twist in It Started With A Tweet! 

Take note, this is NOT the final chapter. 

ZAYN'S POV

A week. It's been a week and still, Harry was in comatose. It's been a week of pure torture, agony, and misery for everyone I know, for everyone I love. Especially her. Even though Audrey and I were both released from the hospital two days ago, we refused to step out. We refused to leave that curly haired lad who is making us all worried sick.

I kicked a pebble that was in my way and hit the cemented barrier on the rooftop. The sun was about to rise and the cool summer breeze started to hit my face. The hospital's roof top was filled with flower boxes and artificial grass on one side. The other side was filled with park benches and coffee tables. It was a very different scenery than the depressing aura found in the other floors of this hospital. 

My eyes drifted to a familiar figure leaning on the barrier with her chin rested on her hands. I remember all the times we had on her balcony. All were pretty good, almost passionate, but it wasn't enough to capture her heart. If only I've done something sooner. 

I strode towards her and stood beside her taking in the view she was gazing upon. Los Angeles was beautiful, but Los Angeles during sun rising was breathtaking. As breathtaking as every kiss I've shared with this girl right beside me. 

"I'm losing hope Zayn." She whispered to the wind. 

I didn't even think she noticed I was there. She was so fixated at the sun setting. 

"As long as the sun rises, there's always hope." 

I heard that giggle I've missed so much. "Your fans are right. You're like a walking teenager quote book." 

I scoffed. "Now you're stalking my fans? Thought you weren't a directioner." 

The placed her index finger on her lips. "Ssh, it's our secret.

Somehow, after those words left her mouth, it struck us both, left us both silent. The realization that that was us, a secret. 

"Harry never knew. I feel so guilty." She said ending the silence. 

"Well, it's not really some thing he'd like to hear the moment he wakes up, isn't it?" I said giving a bitter chuckle at the end. 

"I - - have to tell him though." 

And then I realized something. I never heard her side about all of this, about us. 

"Why don't you tell me first." 

Another gust of wind hit us that made her shiver a bit. I removed my jacket and placed it over her. She didn't put her arms in the sleeves, she just sort of let it hang over her. 

She rubbed her hands before telling me. "I am going to tell Harry that at one point, I wished you were him."

She then avoided eye contact from me as she faced the horizon once more. "I am going to tell him that I've always thought you were the best kisser." Red streaks appeared on her cheeks.

I remember that nigt when we played spin the bottle and all hell broke loose. I realized that she never did answer Niall's question. A jolt of happiness ran through me when she told me I was her best kiss. That's something I can have forever, unlike her.

As she took in another breath, she continued on. "I'll tell Harry that you make my stomach churn every time you go near me, send shivers down my spine every time you whisper something to me and feel a jolt of electricity every time you touch me." 

She finally turned and I am now facing that picturesque face that I fell in love with. "I'll tell Harry that he sent me mixed signals. But, I think I did too.

She bit her lip as she  lowered her head, hair falling all over her face. "I'm sorry Zayn." 

Reluctantly, I lifted her chin and wiped away the hair that's covering her beautiful face. "Maybe, in another world, we've worked out."

But I didn't stop there. I can't help but be foolish. "But how I badly wish it was this world." 

She chuckled and pulled me in light embrace. She was silent, so I went on again. "Man, I wish I was that foolish when I first saw you." 

I felt her hands run through my hair. I closed my eyes feeling every moment of it. "That girl you met in the interview with Ellen would have loved that." 

She then started to detach from my body which caused me to frown a bit. "But the girl standing in front of you now just wants a curly haired boy to wake up." 

It was like a punch in the stomach and a slap in the face. I have to live everyday knowing that the girl I love loves someone else. I just hope one day, I go numb. 

I heard a growl and it was coming from her stomach. I laughed and she giggled as she was holding onto it. "I think it's time to grab some breakfast." 

For a moment, I thought that this how my life would be. She's going to forget about everything as easy as switching the topic from us to breakfast .. and I'll pretend to be okay with it. 

As best as I could, I formed a sly smile. "Hospital food, yum."

She giggled once more. At least, I can still make her happy. Even for a moment. Maybe, just maybe I can live with that. 

She started to make her way to the elevator. But I felt like I had to ask one more thing, one thing that would maybe make me go on everyday. I catched up with her and just as I was in close distance I tugged her hand, a little to hard perhaps, and spun her around.

"Don't think about Harry for a second. Think about, us. If I had done things differently in the past, do you think that you'll love me like you love Harry?" I asked.

I can tell the sun finally rose as it was hitting her face perefectly. She was glowing, like she always is, but this time more majestic and candid. 

I saw her lips part. "I think that I'll love you with no comparison, with no hesitation and with no boundaries. "

She gave one final smile and turned her back on me, waiting for the lift to arrive. My heart sank down in the deep abyss. Because at the back of my mind, there will always be that thought that if I have had done things differently, we could have had the greatest love of all. 

----------------------------------

I was on Harry's floor, waiting for my cup of coffee from this damn old coffee dispenser. I then looked at the wall clock and saw that only an hour left until the other boys will drop off to keep Harry some company. After getting my bland coffee I paced around the hallway while humming songs to myself.  

And then I heard the sound of rough rolling of wheels coming from behind.

"Move!" A voice hollered.

I quickly did as some coffee spilled on me. 

A team of doctors and nurses passed by with a tray with a heavy machine on it. I cocked my head to the right and saw it was like those machines used to revive patients using electricity paddles.

Just then a nurse and a doctor who was left behind briskly walked to catch up with the team.

"Cardiac arrest, room 419." Reported the nurse to her colleague as she was looking at her clipboard.

As I saw the tray and the team move right, that's when it hit me. Room 419, Harry's room. Adrenaline rushed me and my heart started to beat incredibely fast. Without thinking twice, I dropped my cup of coffee and raced to my best lad's room. 

My peripheral view became tinier and tinier. It was like all I can see was my goal at the end, Harry's room. Every step I take I was wishing I just got the room wrong, that it wasn't Harry's room. I can't even take the thought that I'll be loosing him. I already lost my girl, I don't want to loose my friend as well. 

My feet came to a complete halt as I stood infront of room 419. I peeked over and saw that doctors and nurses we clamored over a body.

Then I heard a shriek from inside. "No! Please baby no please please!" The voice cried in between sobs. It was Anne, Harry's mother. 

I pushed open the door and a pair of hands stopped me at once. "Sir, please stay outside." 

"Clear!!" I heard the doctor stay. 

In the corner of my eye I saw the paddles touching Harry's chest. Then for a moment his body lifted, but then it laid back down like how they do in movies. But with one big difference, this wasn't a movie. I looked at the monitor, it was almost  flat. 

"Let me through!" I shouted which caused the nurse to be startled. 

I then shoved him aside and made my way to Anne. She was down on her knees watching every bit of this terrifying scene happening before her. 

"Harry wake the fuck up!!" I shouted as I felt tears started to roll down from my eyes as well. 

The doctor grabbed the paddles once more. "Turn it up to 250 volts." 

"Clear!" He shouted once more before placing them on Harry's chest. Again, his body lifted higher than before, but collapsed again. 

"360!" The doctor shouted.

"Clear!!" 

The same thing happened again. I wanted to slap Harry and tell him this wasn't funny anymore. "Try harder!" I screamed at the nurses. But they didn't even bother to look at me. 

"Go full charge. 460 volts!" 

"Clear!" 

This time, I closed my eyes wishing that when I open them, I'd see Harry's monitor jumping to life, or even better, seeing him awake. It felt like forever, waiting for something to happen. 

And then we heard it. We all heard it.

Something that would me haunt me forever.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I opened my eyes, and god I wish I didn't. The first thing I saw was the monitor, with one straight, flat green line. 

And then the voice of the doctor caught my attention. "Time of death, 9:14 am."

I felt my knees weaken until it finally broke down. I was beside his bed, beside his lifeless body. Anne was wailing, screaming, not accepting this moment. I would have comforted her, I would have, but right now I can't find myself. I can't be strong for her, I can't be strong for myself. 

I felt lifeless as he was. I felt as if the whole world crashed on me. I felt dead.

I grabbed his hand and gripped it tight. "No -- no -- no." I screamed as tears streamed down my face. 

I shook his hand hoping he'd wake up, but I know I'm only fooling myself. There's no way.

I gripped his hand tighter, and closed my eyes as I sobbed. I felt every single tear drop fall out as my eyes were tight shut. My heart was pounding heavily, my hands were cold my head throbbed. 

I can't open my eyes, I don't want to. I can't face him like this. 

Then, something echoed in my head. "I could have done things differently."

Something cold hit my face, like wind but something a bit heavier. My eyelids became unbelivabely heavy. As I opened them I wasn't facing Harry, I was facing a ceiling. 

I then slowly looked at my right, and saw that I wasn't kneeling down on a hospital floor, I was laying down on a brown leather couch. 

My heart pounded even harder than it was before. 

"Had a good beauty sleep?" A voice startled me. 

I uneasily adjusted myself from the couch. I had no clue what is happening right now. Absolutely clueless and lost.

"Niall?" I said facing him who was looking at me, very amused. 

"Zayn?" He mocked me then threw a dorito chip at me. 

I fell down the couch, bewildered as ever. I tried to make sense of what's happening right now, but I really can't. 

"Niall where are we?" I asked looking as confused as ever. I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming, but I wasn't as I felt a sting on my skin.

Niall did his best known laugh before munching another chip.

"You okay lad?" He asked as he chuckled.

"Just tell me. I mean I don't even know why I am here and I'm supposed to be in a hosp--"

He chuckled once more. 

...

...

"We are in Ellen's studio, you mad man! Our final interview before summer starts!" He exclaimed.

My mouth hung open. 

"What?" 

------------------

:) xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.5K 12
367K 7.7K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
78.9K 2.2K 25
Harry couldn't imagine his first day at university going any worse. Then he sees him... Louis Tomlinson •This story is complete highest ranking #1 la...