A Different Type of Front

بواسطة LtPringles

This is a massive crossover story featuring Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, though will eventually move into a... المزيد

Important Things to Know
A New Discovery
Battle of Trost
SATO Military and other information
The Dilemma of Eldia
The End to Nothing
Neither Justice, Nor Vengeance
For Humanity
From the Stars
For All Mankind
In the Name of the Federation
The Rewrite Status
Aftermath Mayhem (Demon Slayer)
More Details (AOT/ATLA)
The Celestial
A Celestial Calling
The Two Earths (Darling in the Franxx)
A Sealed Fate
First Contact
A New Frontier
The Amanoki Incident
Tensions Arise
At a Standstill (Gate)
We Stand Anew (Teaser)
We Stand Anew
The Coming Shitstorm
Onset of Conflict (Code Geass)
War Upon All
Germania Will Fall (Wolfenstein)
A Small Teaser =)
Tides of War
Unending Tensions
New Military Information
The Expanse of Space
Rewrite Announcement
Multiversal Maladies (Man in the High Castle)
Crisis of the Earths
Our Flags in Flames
The Precursor
A Divided Front
The Alliance
A New Beginning; The Start of Act 2
My chapter got lost
Viltrum's Fall
New Frontiers, New Horrors
Here Be Giants
A Storm Arises
Farewell, Dear Earth
The Second Crisis
Vive la Fédération

Nearing Artheit

2.9K 48 24
بواسطة LtPringles

1300 hours
July 30, 2259
Moon of PC-2221, Atrios Solar System, onboard SATO Infinity Class Carrier STSS "Leviathan"

Briggs had just woken up from his nap, having hoped to have gotten enough sleep before he had to crash on Sting energy drinks and get constantly shocked by his exosuit during an operation.  He was reading the briefings on any new information, finding that Lt. Arkand had recently rendezvoused with the expedition, and that they had already warpjumped, though it seemed that he had been such in a heavy sleep that he wasn't even bothered by it.

He then heard a commotion inside his room and decides to look. To his surprise, Most of the crew and personnel had gathered up near the windows to take a look at Artheit. They all looked a bit shocked, surprised, and intrigued. Artheit really was like Earth but upside down, he though to himself.

Yet as he continued to observe the planet's bluish atmosphere, as its clouds covered a good portion of a landmass of what he now knew as the Marleyan Empire, the naval groups had already begun to work on their objectives for the operation, as the expedition presumed a state of general readiness and preparedness, with most of the personnel having a slight expectation for a sudden deployment.

The 1st naval group were already building a permanent moon base on the moon of Artheit with the help of the 4 engineer companies that had been attached to their unit, having found an ideal area which they were now slightly excavating for more favorable terrain.
Usually, building a temporary moon base would take a month, but the expedition had been equipped with multiple partially pre-built mobile facilities to significantly hasten facility construction so that the expedition wouldn't have to build new facilities from the ground up.

The 3rd Naval Group had already been preparing to be deployed to the planet and make contact with the locals, and were identifying the most suitable landing areas, ideal locations for base construction, and where and when to make contact, having been the naval group to be assigned with the diplomatic attaché, wanting to make a strong first impression, either by being assertive, or perhaps even through intervention.

With new intelligence on Artheit verifying the fact that multiple nation-states do in fact exist, along with varying ethnicities similar to that of the human race, the Solar Allied Treaty Organization's Central Strategic Command has authorized the infiltration and subversion of these nations following an evaluation of the potential dangers that may come to leaving them to their own devices, especially with their meddling with the so-called titans, along with their shared deep genocidal hatred for a race called the "Eldians", who are the local population living on the island of Paradis, the identical copy of the island of Madagascar from Earth.

 Admiral Kana decided to prioritize making contact with the Eldians first, seeing that they were on an isolated island and had no idea of the outside world, believing themselves to be the last bastion of humanity, and that titans had just suddenly popped up a century ago and that they ate the rest of the human race.
Seeking to overthrow their corrupt government and puppet king, and exposing the true nature of the titans and the history of the old Eldian Empire, along with the other nations of the planet, the Central Command Council, along with the United Nations Council, authorized a direct intervention and operation against the government of Eldia, and installing a UN provisional mandate to secure the island, both from internal and external threats.

Like all other naval groups, the 3rd naval group consisted of a carrier, the STSS Leviathan, which was of the Infinity Class, along with 3 destroyers, namely the Jaeger and the Aether, which were of the Omega Class, and the Keralis, which was a Verdansk Class destroyer, with support from 5 frigates, 8 corvettes, and 5 resupply ships and 5 troopships.

However, with the expedition's objectives requiring significantly more resupply capabilities and logistical support, along with construction and engineering experts to allow them to quickly construct the facilities required to support their efficient deployment and operation, 4 extra logistics support groups were also assigned to support their expedition, each one consisting of 6 resupply ships to allow the operation to proceed more smoothly and efficiently, allowing them to not have to worry about supply issues, and 4 engineer companies were assigned to each naval group to significantly hasten construction speed and infrastructure quality, along with helping personnel identify ideal construction locations and how to properly utilize the pre-built mobile facilities.
With them also came a portable spaceport designed to temporarily support naval vessels when a spaceport is yet to be constructed, capable of docking and repairing naval vessels in the case that they are damaged in combat, or perform regular maintenance on them.
Provisions and preparations were also made for any special incidence requiring humanitarian and emergency aid, seeing that such a possibility would be highly likely with how primitive the humans on the planet were, with dozens of medical support personnel and specialized experts attached to each naval group, along with extra food, water, and medical supplies if they would be needed.

Kana was on the bridge talking to the other admirals of the expedition, discussing the plans and ongoing preparations for the operation, having recently received word of the Council's plans and authorization of covert operations and intelligence network buildup within Eldia, the Marleyan Empire, Hizuru, and the miscellaneous nations within the Middle East region.

Having been briefed on the situation, she, along with other commanders of the expedition, had already sent multiple special forces and infiltration units equipped with specialized stealth exosuits capable of cloaking to further collect information and even bug the facilities, houses, and offices of important Marleyan military personnel.

While she thought it might have been a bit too aggressive to immediately go for a covert operation, the young admiral still saw the value of already having a strong intelligence network within Marley and other nations once they made contact.

Meanwhile...

Pvt. Kaden was alone in his shared quarters, recalibrating the settings on his exosuit to his liking when Lt. Briggs entered, with half a sandwich in his mouth, motioning to Kaden give him just a second to finish his sandwich.

"Wouldn't it have been better to finish your sandwich before you came into my room?" Kaden asks, while Briggs finished his quick snack, but not before accidentally leaving a piece of lettuce stuck to his chin.
"You got a little something." Kaden says, while motioning to his chin.

"Come on. I need to introduce you to the team."

"Oh. Got it, just give me a sec to put on my suit"

Kaden then stands up, putting his exosuit back on, hoping to test the new calibrations on basic mobility and responsiveness, following Lt. Briggs to the common area where he recognized his new squad, having read up on them yesterday.

Walking up to a group of 5 people, along with a bot, Briggs then begins to introduce Kaden to them.

"Hey squad, this is Kaden. He's our new guy to fill in for Eyran since he got reassigned to the MTF's. Kaden meet the squad."

"Hey." Kaden says in awkward manner. A black tall guy with a muscular build then walks up to Kaden, trying to intimidate him.

"So this piece of shit's here to replace Eyran?"

"That's Nix. Nix you mind fucking off?" Nix then steps back with a disgruntled look on his face. "Sorry about him, he just misses Eyran."
"And then that's Paula", pointing to a redhead girl, who gives him a nod.
"That's Shinso.", pointing to a Japanese man wearing a bandanna. "Guy's pretty chill, but don't bother him when he's reading his manga or watching anime-"

"And hentai." Shinso cuts him off, while Briggs just gives him a disappointed look.

"Then that guy there's Dmitri.", pointing to a black-haired Russian man who looked busy reading something on his holo-comm. "He doesn't talk much, but he's a damn good shot."
"And the bot's designation is E9O-3H, but we've nicknamed his Enoch."

"So, new guy today sir?" Enoch asks.

"Actually, I just got transferred from Spec Ops. Straight from the 809th." Kaden answers.

"And that girl's Hara.", Briggs points to a brunette girl."

"The newbie up for a round at the range?" Nix asks, wanting to see if Kaden was a good shot.

However that round on the range would never come, as intercoms on the Leviathan suddenly blared out, with Kana making a sudden announcement to all personnel

"All operators and soldiers from the 598th SCAR Troop Company are requested to head to the barracks and put on their equipment, then head to their assigned dropships. We are nearing our landing zone and reconnaissance has found that multiple titans have been found to have attacked and successfully entered what has deemed to be one of the "safezones" in the walled civilization.
Please remember your information safeguards and do not reveal anything of significant importance to the locals regarding the operations and their limited knowledge, unless otherwise ordered. 

Remcomm Protocol has been established, and a campaign will begin to contain and neutralize the titan breach in Trost district.
Destroyers Jaeger and Aether have been given approval to use all armaments for firepower support, while your squadrons will be deployed upon the designated drop points. Additional information may be found on your holo-comms."

And so with that sudden deployment announcement, Lt. Briggs' team rushed to the barracks to quickly equip their exosuits, along with the arms that had been recommended to them for the operation, with explosive rounds being deemed the most suitable to target the Titans' napes.
Running across the hallways, he could see through to the landing bay the somehow organized chaos, as Talon dropships and Impes fighters were seen being refueled and rearmed with missiles and extra ammunition.

Finally, they reach the barracks, where dozens of other soldiers were also seen equipping their exosuits and grabbing their guns.

"So we have to target their napes to kill them so they can't regenerate"? Paula asks.

"Affirmative. Those damn giant naked bastards are gonna eat some explosive bullets this time, not humans. Briggs answers.
"Hey, grab some gravity vortex grenades. We might need them to fuck up some of the bastards."

"Ain't that a bit overkill? We already have a vortex gun right here." Nix asks, while lugging the gravity vortex gun he was carrying."

"These are for Plan B in case we get separated. They'll make a good distraction, and they can also guide themselves and stick to their napes with the auto-target guide system. They've already been specialized for this mission to target those titans' napes, but you can manually guide them if you need to." Briggs responds.

"Alright." Nix acknowledges 

After having put on their exosuits and equipping their weapons, they quickly rushed to their Talon dropship with 3 other squadrons, all of which whose Lieutenants were friends with Briggs.
------------------
Operation Type: Expedition
Status Update: Preemptive Intervention to commence; Facility construction ongoing; Intelligence network buildup authorized; Anti-government operations authorized; Psionics expert given full clearance
Targeted Entities:
Eldia (Paradis)
Marleyan Empire
Hizuru
Mid-Eastern Nations
System Status: Exploration and surveying ongoing by unmanned drones
Planet Status: Investigation ongoing; Anomalous investigations units and 3 MTF Units have already been sent to follow up on the expedition.
Priority Objectives:
Intervene on behalf the government of Eldia against the titans
Overthrow the puppet monarchy in Paradis
Expose the true nature of the titans and disclose valuable information about Eldian history
Investigate the nature of the titans, and that of the Coordinate.
Exterminate or capture titans in Eldia for further study
Install a provisional UN mandate to ensure the security of the island from both internal and external threats. 
Governor Chosen for UN mandate: Development Director

ANY DISCLOSURE OF THIS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION TO UNAUTHORIZED ENTITIES WILL WARRANT THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND PROSECUTION OF THE PERSONNEL RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH AN ACT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
------------------
Rewrite Status: Complete

So how's the rewrite been?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

70 15 15
this is a series that i'm working on my g drive. It's a side story of my original series digimon one piece and if you're wondering what season and ep...
393 4 12
17+ Several corporations dominate the AC and Next development Market, these corporations are Mercury Heavy Industries, Nova Technology Innovations, S...
22.5K 739 16
At the zenith of British Imperialism, the sun never set on the empire that ruled over 300 million people across the globe. But one fateful day, befor...
781K 19.3K 40
"All I need is one shot." ✧ Simon "Ghost" Riley was a cold, heartless killer. He was untouchable, and he made his enemies cower just by hearing his n...