A Unique Crossover

By Cindles2199

Jennifer (Jenna) Anela Hawkins is not just your usual tomboy that you have seen before. She's a great dancer... More

Prologue
Chapter1: First Day on campus
Chapter2: Dance and Soccer try-outs
Chapter3: Little girl wanna be on the boys' squad
Chapter4: Taking risks
Chapter5: Family dinner with the witch
Chapter6: Movie night
Chapter7: Stuck in the middle
Chapter8: The McLellan's Home
Chapter9: Try not to get jealous
Chapter10: A W Morning
Chapter11: Daughter of two Legacies
Chapter12: Swag Crew
Chapter13: Faking smiles till you make it (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Faking smiles till you make it (Part 2)
Chapter15: Dancing with a McLellan (Part 1)
Chapter16: Dancing with a McLellan (Part 2)
Chapter17: Catching up with an ex
Chapter18: Mixing with a British teacup whose name is Rex
Chapter19: An iron, shirking box
Chapter20: Drunk Visits
Chapter21: No longer strangers
Chapter22: New, hot wheels
Chapter23: One game for old times
Chapter24: Surprise for dinner
Chapter25: Don't panic and run
Chapter27: Seat X
Chapter28: Father knows best
Chapter29: Starting over with bacon
Chapter30: The White Rabbit
Chapter31: Dance or Break
Chapter32: Kiss the girl
Chapter33: Another sort of Catfish
Chapter34: Hidden Talents
Chapter35: Was it just a fling?
Chapter36: A Greater Danger
Chapter37: Free babysitting
Chapter38: The cat's out of the bag
Chapter39: A Knight or A Princess
Chapter40: Victory Party
Chapter41: Tea party for a disaster
Chapter42: Your team, not Mine
Chapter43: Igniting Hope
Chapter44: Boys VS Girls
Chapter45: Know where you stand
Chapter46: A shoulder to lean on
Chapter47: Roommates for one night
Chapter48: Just one little word
Chapter49: Poor Innocent Mind
Chapter50: In or Out?
Chapter51: Give it to me straight
Chapter52: Playing against an Ex
Chapter53: Just talk to me
Chapter54: Charlie's Little Italy
Chapter55: A night with the crush
Chapter56: Shades of blue
Chapter 57: A Golden Stage
Chapter 58: Celebrating the 4th of July
Chapter 59: Rivalry before a friendship
Chapter60: A special guest
Chapter61: Dinner with the McLellan
Chapter62: Facing an unknown rage
Chapter63: Having peace
Chapter64: Hello, old friend
Chapter65: A night at the museum
Chapter66: Painting Memories
Chapter67: Tattoos and Surfboards
Chapter68: Being a rainbow for you
Chapter69: Late night visit
Chapter70: Falling Apart
Chapter71: Breaking free
Chapter72: Breaking the Internet
Chapter73: Purple
Chapter74: Lowkey
Chapter75: A night with you
Chapter76: Birthday Bash
Chapter77: Blame the eyes
Chapter78: Mom's tattoo
Chapter79: Beach Day
Chapter80: David's girl
Chapter81: First to know
Chapter82: Darkness and stars
Chapter83: Feels real
Chapter84: Don't want this
Chapter85: Unwanted threat
Chapter86: Hating myself
Chapter87: Gate keeper
Chapter88: Are you lonesome tonight?
Chapter89: Burying the hatchet
Chapter90: Birthday gifts
Chapter91: Cake and names

Chapter26: Kayla's Makau

245 2 2
By Cindles2199

"So, you have no idea what's the purpose of this family meeting tonight? Which could have taken place tomorrow or any other time?" Rebecca asked me for the hundredth time and for the last hundredth time, the answer stays the same and won't change in a blink of an eye.

It's funny how Andy and Becca would think that Johnny and I are so tight close to each other like they are which is true, but it's not so close, "No, I don't."

"But you have to admit, it is very odd timing, right?" Anthony said while cleaning and drying the glasses just like how Johnny has asked him to do. So, after I had calm down from having whatever I had in the studio with David comforting me, we went to the Dorm Building.

Where he followed me to my room and actually studied with me without disturbing me 'too much'. By the end of the hour and a half, Johnny called me, asking to come home before telling me to bring David with for some reason that he wouldn't tell me.

"I mean, today is Monday which Johnny hates more than most people and the only siblings who has ever called on a family meeting besides Dad and. . . Mom, is me and Becca. Did something happen at his store?"

Shaking our heads while avoiding the sudden and short pause Andy made before saying Mom which is understandable. It may have been a long time since her passing, but we all still misses her a lot.

Becca was the one who broke the silence in the room saying, "I don't think Johnny would have asked for a meeting to tell us that something bad or good has happened to ClickBook. He'll probably would have texted or called us instead, maybe it's something bigger than the store."

Andy nodded his head before peeking through the dark wooden kitchen shutters into the living room before whispering to us, "Do you think it could be about her?"

Looking through the shutters to stare at Goldie with bitterness and so much wanting to kick her out of this house. Sitting on our couch, dressed in a pencil skirt, pale yellow shirt with a black blazer and high heels.
Her long golden hair tied up in a tight bun with loose curls falling down her heart shaped face, having her blue eyes that are almost light than mine.

"I wouldn't have come to the meeting if it has something to do with that snake. She's not even part of this family." I sneered with no shame of using a aggressive tone and both of my siblings knows it.

Rebecca even hummed in agreement with me, we all don't like Angela, nor do we trust her, she's nothing, but trouble which Johnny doesn't see yet.

Seeing her sitting there, talking to an uncomfortable David who had a tight smile on his face as she was lightly touching his arm. Whenever Johnny isn't in the same room as her, Angela would be out hunting, flirting with whoever she finds attractive enough to flirt with, having no shame bone in her body.

David was throwing clear signs that he doesn't want to talk to her or be anywhere close to her, but he was running out of room on the couch to make space between them. "Looks like your boyfriend needs some surviving, sis."

Andy teased me and hasn't stopped since he was introduce to David. By this rate, I'm sure my entire family must have heard of the one guy who has the most random and cheesy nickname for me and rarely calls me by my second name.
Hitting Andy's arm with the drying cloth, "He's not my boyfriend."

"Not yet, he isn't." Becca winked at me before giving Andy a fist bump, reminding me of how much I don't like them tag teaming on teasing me. Before picking up the tray that's filled with cream crackers with cheese, tune and muscle on top of them.
While Becca carried two soda bottles into the living room with Andy carrying the glasses behind us.

While putting all of them on top of the coffee table, Angela leaned forward to pick up one of the crackers that had tuna on it.
Biting into it in the most dramatic way ever, moaning too loud to sound sexy, "Mmm.... this taste so good. Wanna taste?"

Lifting the half-eaten cracker to David who quickly said with the same tight smile, "I'm allergic to tuna." Real smooth, dude.

Angela said silently 'Oh' mostly to herself before she reached out to pick up the cracker that had cheese on top that's when he said in the same tone, "I'm lactose."

I was joying how David keeps killing Angela's chances of feeding him the crackers while Becca and Andy were back in the kitchen.
So, I decided to help out a little bit, "You better stay away from those muscles crackers, you know what happened the last time."

"What happened the last time?" Angela looked up to me confused while David arched an eyebrow towards me before I started with the story that I quickly made up in my head,

"Well, me and a couple of his friends were having a game night and one of them forgot to warn David that one of the chip dips had chapped shell fish in them until he ate at least two chips covered with it.

That's when he starts swallowing up along with his tongue which started first. Then he starts losing feeling in the left part of his body and needed to go to hospital for an emergency treatment. That has to enter his body from behind the back, if you know what I mean."

Seeing Angela slowly move away from David to create some space between them before I walked back into the kitchen. Only to find my siblings trying too hard to keep in their laughter.

When Johnny walked into the kitchen with Dad behind him, they stared at Becca and Andy before turning to me, "Do we wanna know why they're laughing?"

Sighing deeply while trying to keep in my own laughter under control while shaking my head, answering Dad's question.

"Is David inside?" Johnny asked almost too seriously for some reason which cause me to feel a little bit worried, because he never speak about any of my guy friends in that tone before.

Nodding my head and watch him walk into the living room, standing right in front of the coffee table when speaking, "David, step outside with me for a sec."

David nearly fell off the couch before following after Johnny almost too closely, but stopped to turn to me, "Thank you, I owe you big time."

"Just don't steal my food for a whole week, and we'll call it even, ok." I patted his shoulder before he walked out of the kitchen with Johnny.
That's when I went back into the living room where Angela was sitting with a small makeup mirror in her hand, putting some lipstick, "We need to talk."

"Um, I'm busy right now." Angela rolled her eyes at me before lightly rubbing the light pink lipstick across her lip. Scoffing at what she'd said, that's when I closed the mirror before grabbing it out of her hand.
As I started walking towards the stairs, she called out, "Jen- Jennifer! That's mine!!!"

"You want it, come and get it." I screamed back at her before racing up the rest of the stairs while she groaned in annoyance. I was unlocking my door when she finally got to the top stair, leaving the door open.

She narrowed her eyes before opening her mouth, I joyfully cut her off saying, "The sooner we start the conversation, the quicker you get to be downstairs."

Angela knows that I won't give her the mirror back or would I stop trying to get us alone to talk. So, she walked into my room before I closed the door behind me.
Still the same room, just with little pictures hanging on the walls.

Standing in the middle of my room, hands on top of her hips, Angela said irritated, "What?"

"Why are you here? This is a family meeting and last time I'd checked your name doesn't start with an 'h'." I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow at her when I'd ask the question. I'm not letting Angela leave this room until she answer every question that I have.

It's just the two of us, meaning that she doesn't have my brother to get her out of this. And there are some things that are very needed to speak about.

"Because Johnathan asked me to come." Her lips curl into a smile which cause her eyes to shine. "Maybe he wants my last name to start with an 'h'."

Scoffing bitterly at that fairy-tale that's never gonna happen which is more of a death sentence to me, "My brother isn't stupid enough to want to marry you."

I wouldn't let him, having Angela as his girlfriend and accountant is one thing. But having her as his accountant and wife is complete madness.
He'll lose everything that he ever worked for, then lose himself if he had to try to get it all back. From this black hearted person and I am hell bent from letting any of that happen.

Titling her head slightly before saying almost too sweet, "Is the idea of having me part of your family so bad, Jen? Wouldn't you want another sister who can help you to become a better version of yourself?"

"Trick, if you wanna change someone, there a mirror." I nodded my head towards the dressing table that faces my bed where Angela was standing. When she heard the name that I've called her by, her face changed.

The sly smile was gone, the shine in her eyes had died as she sneered, "What the fuck did you just call me?"

"I called you 'Trick'," I smirked towards her, enjoying the annoyance that was covering her face. Knowing how much she hates being called that, knowing that when the truth represent itself in her face, she became very defence, "It's a 'nicer' way of calling you as a whore, slut, tramp. You know, the usual names that you're known for. How do you not know the meaning of your name?"

Taking a step closer while saying in a dark tone, "You're really like pushing buttons, don't you?"

"Well, I've learnt from the best, teach." I took a step forward, matching the same tone that she was using. I wasn't afraid of Angela before and I won't start now, come hell high water, she will not have any effects on me. I wish she didn't have any effects on me.

That's when she took out her phone and that snakelike smile grew on her face, that smile is one of the many things that I dislike of Angela, "You're quick to forget that Johnathan and I took the same computer and technology course in university. Which means that I can do much damage to him as much as I can do to you."

That caused me to get closer towards her, itching to finally give her the throw down that I've been waiting to give her for a long time, "Don't you even think about it. We still have that deal, now stick to it!"

"Oh, I'll stick to our deal, Jen." Angela nodded her head slowly as she starts circling around me with her phone in her hand, "You're the one who has to be more careful controlling that tongue of yours. Because if you don't you'll leave me with no choice, but to just hack into a few things that your brother has worked so hard to active and- well,"

She let out a low chuckle before nearing in closer to whisper, "You know the rest."

I know the rest of that sentence; I know our deal very well to let my tongue get the best of me. Images after images were flying through my mind, watching Johnny put in so much blood, sweat and tears into building ClickBook. Years of getting rejected, of disrespect from top dogs and empires looking down at him and his businesses ideas.

And yet, he didn't throw the towel in and gave up on his dreams. Now he's living it till the best of his abilities, it would take one word from me to tear that dream of his down.

One word and my brother will not only lose ClickBook, but he would also lose his happiness and I would lose. . . him.

Deeping in deeply before turning to face the one lady who can destroy everything that's important to me and Johnny. Keeping my head high and staring the snake right into the eyes, "I'll keep my tongue under control as long as you keep your flitty fingers off my brother's happiness, if you know what's good for you."

Scoffing softly with that snakelike smile of hers before saying in a low voice as if we aren't alone, "You mean, if you know what's good for you."

Turning on her heel, walking away knowing that she has won this conversation, opening the door, "Oh, I would like my mirror back."

I almost forgot that I still had it in my hand, slowly walking out of my room, standing right in front of Johnny's bedroom door, facing her, "First say apple."

"Don't you mean 'please'?" Shaking her head, probably thinking that I've headed too many soccer balls to know the difference between a fruit and manners.
Unlike her and her brother who needs to be reminded at least three times before they get use to saying it. Another Stephanie that I have to deal with who's twice awful and evil than her.

Shaking my head, keeping my hands behind my back with a small smirk, "No, I mean apple, if you want your priceless mirror back, of course."

Her irritation was coming back hot and fast which was causing her face to become red as she finally said, "Apple."

Lifting my hand up that had the mirror, as Angela reached to grab it, I quickly lifted my hand up.
Before throwing it across the hallway, letting it slide quickly on the blood red carpet floor, then watched it fall under the railing until hearing a thump.

Innocently as I can manage without laughing, "Oops, how clumsy of me! Gosh, Goldie, I hope that I haven't broken your mirror. I heard that can be bad luck."

Groaning in annoyance before walking down the stairs, mumbling under her breath while I went back into my room to scream into my pillow after closing the door. And the score's all tired up.

Throwing the pillow back onto my bed, I caught sight on the one photo frame that always refuses to hang straight on my wall. No matter how many times, I've straighten it, it just go back to the same way it hang.

Sighing annoyed as I fixed it for the hundredth time, that's when I found Johnny and David standing in the middle of the backyard. How long have they been talking outside?

Luckily for me, my blinders were slightly down which means that they can't see me watching them by my window, they were talking with serious faces. Johnny seems like he was asking David questions which he's answering flawlessly and honestly.

Then he start talking while Johnny listen, after saying a couple of words before they shook hands. Afterwards Johnny asked David a question that caused him to smile when he heard the answer. Then another caused him to share a high five with David before laughing together. Well, that's interesting.

Walking out of my room, locking the door before almost racing down the stairs to find David laughing with Johnny and now Andy, giving each other high fives, "We finally have more supporters. You better warn Joshua, Becca, you and him gonna need to up your smack talk from now on."

"Uh.... am I missing something?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen, ignoring the narrowed eyes that Goldie was giving me while keeping her now half broken makeup mirror.

Andy threw his arms around David's shoulders friendly, surprising me that they were close to the same height, "We just found out that we have another Red Devil in our company which means that it's now four against two."

Rolling my eyes at the whole having more supporters in this family of mine, since Mom is no longer here to back up both Rebecca and Joshua when it comes to matches between Liverpool and Man United.

Dad, Johnny and Andy would go head to head with them when it came to smack talking on each other's teams and players. Not that the curse of waiting thirty years to win the Premier League was coming closer to an end, Mom has to support and back up Becca and Josh from heaven.

I didn't realised I zoned out when thinking about it until I heard the door bell ring and in a flash, almost excitedly, Johnny nearly ran towards the door, "I GOT IT!!"

Turning to watch him flatting his hair that wasn't even standing, checking his breath before taking a deep on, then finally open the door.
And I stood in awe and surprise as I watched my brother warmly welcomed Rosebella and Kayla.

"Johnny knows about Kayla?! How, when did this happen?" Becca asked me in hush voices while Andy and Dad walked into the living room. Both being star struck seeing Rose here with Kayla. Now I see what's this is all about.

"This afternoon, he came to campus to tell me about the baseball game, Rose was around at the time and found out about Kayla the same way we did." I quickly explain to Rebecca in the same hush tone as we took our seats on the couch with David close by.

Before Becca could ask the next question out loud, I said, "It wasn't the best way to find out, but Johnny is grateful that he knows about Kayla and everything else now."

Nodding her head slowly before we watched our Dad and Andy grab a seat, still staring at Rose holding Kayla in her arms with Johnny standing beside her.

As they stood in front of us, Angela was watching them in confusion with a little bit of jealousy for seeing Johnny stand so close to Rose as he starts speaking, "First off, thank you to everyone for making time to come here, it really means a lot to both me and Rosie."

Johnny's nickname for Rose must have gotten underneath Angela's skin for the way she slightly sat up straight before Dad spoke, "Is there a reason why you've asked us all to come tonight, John?"

Nodding his head, I could tell that Johnny was a bit nervous from the way he would lean on one foot to the other before speaking, "Earlier today, I've learnt that Rose has a baby girl named Kayla Alleyne and I am her biological father."

After Johnny pointed out the elephant in the room, Dad lean back into his chair while Andy nodded his head slowly, taking in what they have heard.
That's when Goldie decided to be a big pain in the you know where asking, "Are you sure that Kaylin is really your biological child, Johnathan?"

Before I could shut her thoughts down, Rosebella stepped in, saying firmly, "My daughter's name is Kayla and yes, we are sure that Johnathan is her biological father."

I know that Rose has a side that no one should mess with, but seeing that side coming out to play is something very rare to see. So, I just sat back and watch the show unfold right now with Becca following my lead. This is gonna be good.

Goldie started looking Rose up and down, trying to make her feel small by scaling her to whatever stupid thing that's in her head, "I'm Angela Gurkin, Johnathan's girlfriend. Who are you supposed to be?"

"Nice to meet you." Rose nodded her head towards Goldie before giving a smirk that I never knew that she could make, "I'm Rosebella Skyla Mosley, Johnathan's first girlfriend and mother of his first and only child. Are you supposed to be his assistant or something?" Ohh, the gloves are coming off.

I was biting my lips hard to keep my laugh in along with Becca who was sitting next to me, that's when I notices Dad was watching us.

Quickly taking the smiles off as he stares us down further, "Jennifer, Rebecca. You two don't seem to be surprise by the news, is there something that you two would like to share?"

Simultaneously Rebecca and I turned to each other for a split second before she was the first to say, "Jenna and I found out about Kayla in the first week of this month and was asked to not tell Johnny about Rose or her at all."

"Because Rose wanted to tell Johnny when she was ready to face him." I jumped in, not waiting for my turn to speak and I wasn't going to stop until I've made my part of the story perfectly clear. "Rose has been through so much and wanted the timing of sharing this important.
And special news to Johnny on her own, so I gave her his number to connect him when she was ready.
But time wasn't in hers or any of our hands today when Johnny found out that Rose was also a professor no campus, so it was now or never in a sense."

"Or is have been set up." Angela scoffed coldly while taking some imaginary dust off her sleeves. I caught how stiff Rose's shoulders grew when hearing that and surprisingly, so did Johnny stiffen in annoyance towards her.

These little signs just prove that their relationship is still there, it's still active, although Miss Goldie has Johnny wrapped around her finger.

But there's only one thing that she doesn't and might never have is his heart. "How do we know exactly that Rose is even a professor at all? She might be some waitress who got kicked up by some one night stand. And has brainwashed both Jennifer and Rebecca into believing that this child is Johnathan's."

I'm sorry, but did this Trick just insulted my homegirl, my sister and me in my own house?! Somebody better hold me back before this girl gets a new face. I was close to going off with this girl and I'm sure that only one who wanted to also.

Andy was narrowing his eyes towards Goldie when he said for the first time since Johnny spoke, "I don't think my father was asking for your opinion."

Ignoring Andy, Goldie turned her attention to Johnny who was staring at her with the same hard stare that he used on me hours ago, "Johnathan, honey, you don't know this woman-"

"I know her well enough, Angela." Johnny cut her off with a tone that means if Goldie doesn't want to be treated like old gum at the back of his shoe, then she has to choice her next words carefully. "Rosebella and I have been friends for years, we had a romantic relationship before, and I trust her all the same."

Nodding her head in understanding, but she wasn't getting the picture at all, so Goldie keeps on pushing a button that Johnny wants her to stop touching, "Baby, I know that you hate getting manipulated by other people who aren't trust worthy, I'm just thinking about you. I suggest a DNA test should take place, to make sure that what Bella says is true and she's not here to get anything out of you."

"Um, this isn't the time to talk about yourself, Gold-Trick." I shut the idea right down, ignoring the weak death stare of hers as I continued saying, "And BTW, her name is Rosebella, if you can't remember it, then shut up."

Kayla deserves to have her Dad be a part of her life alongside her Mom, she deserve to get spilled with gifts like this snake gets from Johnny. She deserves so much more and yet she can't have any of it, because of her.

I wanted to scream all of the unfairness that my poor niece has to suffer, how she's been kept away from Johnny and from us, her family, just because of Angela Gurkin.

And I she thinks that she can try tricking my brother into believing whatever lie that she's cooking up in her mind, then she has another thing coming to.
Like I've told Johnny before, no matter wither Kayla has 'Hawkins' as her last name or not. I will do whatever I can to protect her from Anyone or anything that threats to harm her. Which includes this snake in our living room.

As Goldie was about to open her mouth, wanting to throw some slummy insult towards me when Rose cleared her throat to get our attention, "Your suggestion has been rejected and I don't care if you're Johnny's girlfriend or personal maid, but your thoughts and suggestions are nothing important when it comes to the business or our baby."

Ohh, Rosie got Goldie by the rope!! I'm inertly doing a happy dance right now.

All Goldie could do was harden her stare towards Rose as she shut her down like a boos while me and Becca were silently applauses her. Rosebella's mother instincts was projecting itself in waves that you could feel it filling up the room which gave this gorgeous image of herself that was powerful and amazing.

Turning herself to Johnny who turned his head towards her when she called him by his full name, "Johnathan, we've been friends and in love with each other for who knows how long. You've spent most of the day with me and Kayla, you held her in your arms. You sang to her your Mom's lullaby and have shown her nothing, but kindness and care.
While you've done all of those things, have there ever been a moment where you have considered of having a DNA test to see if I really have told you the truth?"

What Rosebella was doing a method that she had taught me while she was studying Psychology. She's turning her attention solely on Johnny in return for his, this way he would be able answer her truthfully and honestly.

I've seen her done this with him and many other people before. Whenever she was having a very serious conversation like the one she was having with him right now.

For a moment, they locked eyes with each other before finally Johnny said, "There was a moment where I honestly thought that this whole day was a dream, because if I had a baby with anyone, I would have made sure that I knew of it.
I wanted to take a test; I would have gone to Rebecca to make an appointment for the test. Even after everything that Jennifer had told me about your struggles, your family disowning you and your cousins after they've chosen you over them until. . . I held her."

That's when I caught the snakelike smile of Goldie dropped when she heard what Johnny has said by the end and I loved it. That's when Johnny dropped his head to look at Kayla who made a small noise.

Before reaching her hand out, taking his index finger as he said, "I held her in my arms, and it felt like I was meeting her right after she was born. She has my eyes, she has my hair, my skin, my mouth, my nose and-"

"Your birthmark." I finished for him which caused eyes on me. Johnny was smiling gently along with Rose as I continued describing it as if I could see it right in front of me, "It's shaped like a cloud on the left under her collar bone."

My throat has thicken as I thought about it and Johnny's smile grew even wider before turning back to Rose, "With all of the signs that clearly state that Kayla is mine, what's really the point of getting a DNA test?"

"To protect you!!" Goldie stood up in rage which scared Kayla by how she raised her voice. As our little pumpkin started crying, Johnny almost quickly took her in his arms, gently rocking her while whispering sweetly to her. "Johnathan, you can't believe one word that comes out of this-"

The next words that was about to be spoken was swallowed down when my Dad stood up from his seat. And threw his hard stare that Johnny inherited from him, expert his was greater, "Sit down."

Slowly, but quickly Goldie sat down in her seat, keeping her mouth zipped. Dad reached his hands out to Johnny, once Kayla had quiet down, he gently placed her into my Dad's arms.

He stared down at Kayla as she stared back at him, a warm smile grew on Dad's face. That's the same smile that he had for every one of his grandchildren when he first held them, "So, this is my granddaughter, Kayla."

Looking up to Rose with the same smile before saying joyfully, "She is the spitting image of Johnathan when he was a little baby.
Which could only mean that Kayla is part of the Hawkins' family as much as she is of the Mosley."

A soft chuckle came out of both Johnny and Rose before she nodded saying, "She sure is, Uncle Olie."

After saying that, Goldie just couldn't let any of us have a happy, cute moment with Kayla being in the centre of attention.
Standing up, walking slowly towards Johnny, making sure to shake her hips now and then before saying sweetly, "John, baby-"

"I want you to leave." When I heard my brother gun down this snake's affect of charming him. I nearly thought that I was dreaming until my hand was being squeezed by Becca, who's mouth had dropped before mouthing, No way. I KNOW!!!

Goldie was so shocked by what he had said that she took a step back before he continued, "I think it would be best if you take some time off from the office for these few days.
All of this must be a lot for you to take in and need some time to wrap your head around it. I'll let Lucy take over for you."

Now Lucy Oleson is the accountant who I fully trust with my brother's money; she has been working for Johnny before this snake came around. She has never sugar coated her words, she doesn't have my brother wrapped around her finger.

She's happily married with a cute son, she's everything that you would wanted from a trustworthy co-worker. And she's practically the boss of Goldie over here which means that she doesn't fall for anything that she says.

Goldie doesn't like the idea of getting bench by the boss. As she tries to wriggle her way around it saying almost through her teeth, "John, I'm fine. I don't need time off for anything."

"Fine, then I need some time away from you." Johnny blurred the words out irritated towards Goldie which is something that he doesn't do often when it comes to her.

The girl looked like someone has right hooked her in the gut before he sighed deeply, "I think we should have some time apart from each other. I need to focus on being here for Kayla and Rose for now.
I need to work out a way to be here for both of them since I couldn't have been there for the last almost three months. And I want to make up for it."

For a moment, there was silence until Goldie grabbed her bag from the floor, "Fine, I'll leave then."

Before she could reach the door, I made a show to get in front of it first. So, that I could open it for her, saying sweetly and sarcastically as I could while doing a royal wave, "Thank you for being here today."

When she walked out, she then turned on her heel, opening her mouth to say a few last words that went into the wind when I slammed the door in her face.
Turning around with a smile that the Cheshire Cat would be proud of while smacking off the dust from my hands, "Good riddance to that gold digging snake."

Dad shook his head in disbelief that I've just threw the door into Goldie's face, Rose was surprised that I have along with David who was trying to hide his laughter under his breath. But I could see in Rose's eyes that she wished that she could have done it herself while Andy and Johnny rolled their eyes.

Knowing that I would have done it since I've done it many of times before and Becca was the who squeal in excitement. As she wrapped her arms around Johnny and Rose, "I'm so happy that you finally know about Kayla!!"

Laughing softly as they embraced a group hug, making sure that Kayla doesn't get hurt in anyway. Before Johnny broke it as he reached for the back of his pocket.
That's when he looked twice as nervous as he was before, but at the same time, was twice excited than he was when reconnecting with Rose again, "So, um, I know that Kayla is still a baby and shouldn't put anything near her mouth and all, but. . ."

That's when Johnny took out a small white Makau, a Hawaiian fish hook. In my family, Dad had given us all a fish hook necklace right after we were born which represent our Hawaiian heritage as much as good luck.

And like ours, Dad wears his that his father, our grandfather has given to him when he was first born. I still wear mine along with Mom's necklace regardless of it being too much jewellery around my neck.

When Rose first set sight on it, a soft gasp escaped her lips. The hook was similar to the one that Johnny was wearing, expect his had some wave patterns engraved.
While this one was smoothed, "It's part of our family's tradition to give every child a Makau of their own."

Although Rose was smiling happily for the small gift, she couldn't hold back the tears that fell down her fallen, "It's beautiful."

Quickly wrapping the tears before saying even more happier, "I think Kayla would love it."

Johnny proudly smiled as he put the necklace around Kayla's neck as Dad kept her, she looked down at the hook, touching it in her hands before putting it in her mouth.
Seeing all of this unfold in my house, I couldn't help, but feel overly joyed to have Rose back into our home with Kayla.

Standing there, watching Andy and Dad take turns holding Kayla while Becca took pictures of them. In some warm way, I felt like my Mom was smiling from heaven above as she watch her granddaughter being welcomed home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 41.3K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
3.6K 178 31
He turned and faced me completely, towering over me. "You have a sharp tongue there midget." He smiled, his eyes flashing with delight. "What did y...
11.7M 518K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
49.2K 4.7K 75
Jennifer Brown, a simple and innocent girl in the 2nd year of her college life,wants a simple life with less drama. She wasn't a kid with silver spo...