ℍ𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕟

By _heemerh

Being a twin comes with it's own disadvantages. Especially when you just found out you have a lost twin. ... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21°
22°
23°
24°
25°
26°
27°
28°
29°
30°
31°
32°
33°
34°
35°
36°
37°
38°
39°
40°
4̲̅1̲̅
4̲̅2̲̅
4̲̅3̲̅
4̲̅4̲̅
4̲̅6̲̅
4̲̅7̲̅
4̲̅8̲̅
4̲̅9̲̅
5̲̅0̲̅
5̲̅1̲̅
5̲̅2̲̅
5̲̅3̲̅
5̲̅4̲̅
5̲̅5̲̅
5̲̅6̲̅
5̲̅7̲̅
5̲̅8̲̅
5̲̅9̲̅
6̲̅0̲̅
6͙1͙
6͙2͙
6͙3͙
6͙4͙
6͙5͙
6͙6͙
6͙7͙
6͙8͙
6͙9͙
7͙0͙
7͎1͎
7͎2͎
7͎3͎
7͎4͎
7͎5͎
7͎6͎
7͎7͎
7͎8͎
7͎9͎
𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲/𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁

4̲̅5̲̅

354 144 12
By _heemerh

* Omotara *

I stared at myself in the mirror. Forcing a smile to my face, I whispered to myself "I can do this".

Lies.

The pep talk isn't even helping at all!!

"If you stare at that mirror all day, we wouldn't be able to make it to school" Dazzline said from behind me.

Yes, school is resuming today.

I even tried to talk mom and dad into letting me skip school for this week but grandma had to ruin everything!!

Someone added me back to the class group chat and God! All the threats I'm receiving ehn, I don't think I'll be able to go to school.

The one that scared me most was the
'Omotara Amani Adebayo, we aren't scared of you anymore. You are nothing in Hamdyn High. Just resume school tomorrow, * laughs evily*, see whether we won't deal with you in this school. Even though you're the head girl, you mean nothing to us! Just get ready. Tomorrow ehn, even your sister won't be able to defend you'.

Now, I'd have laughed because I know Dazzline will defend me. But still, that threat is too much, abeg!.

"You should probably just drop me at your house. I don't want to go to school" I replied.

"Sorry sis. But you have to go to school" she said. "You're head girl. You have to start performing your duties as an head girl"

"But...."

"But nothing. Omotara, I won't fill in for you" she replied. "Meet me downstairs. The driver is waiting for us"

She left my room and I sighed. It's been a while since I was scared to go to school. That was when I was in junior school. And I hate that feeling!

"Bye mom...bye dad" I said to my parents. "Good bye granny"

"Omotara, spare me a minute of your time" Grandma said.

I nodded and we walked to the kitchen. "Anike!" She said with a warm smile. "I know you're scared"

I smiled sadly.

"If this is still about the breakup, then you have to let go. You need to act like it's not affecting you. Take a good look at yourself! You look miserable!" She exclaimed.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked. Everyon has been telling me I look miserable.

"Just because your parents chose not to talk about it doesn't mean they didn't notice" she replied. "Promise me you won't let yourself get bullied"

"You know I can't promise you that. I'll try. Bye" I hugged her before running to the car because I'm getting late.

************

"See you around" Dazzline said as soon as we entered the school premises.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the assembly hall. I have to stay there with Zephan. You'll stay at the gate when it's time for assembly with Gabriel" she replied.

"Ohkay" I replied. "Can't you wait till assembly first?"

"Sorry but I can't. Daihaah and Zahra will stay with you, okay?" She said.

"Okay" I replied as Daihaah and Zahra came to us accompanied by Stella and Salina.

They waved to Dazzline and came to me.

"You look...you're gonna have to use the ladies. Zahra, you have your make up kit with you?" That was Daihaah.

"Yeah" Zahra replied as Stella pulled me along with them.

Wow, no hugs, no 'how are you Tara', nothing nothing.

"Rinse your face" Stella said as soon as we got to the restroom.

"Why?" I asked. "Do I look so terrible?"

"Actually, yes. You have eye bags and you look thinner than usual. Have you been using your drugs?" Salina asked.

Without giving her a reply, I made my way to the basin and splashed water on my face.

"You didn't use your drug this morning, did you?" Stella asked with annoyance.

"I didn't, I haven't even had breakfast!" I replied.

"Tara, are you for real?! Does your life really mean nothing to you?" Zahra snapped.

"All because Zephan broke up with you?!" Daihaah added.

"Look here, Omotara, whether the break up affected you or not? We don't care!" Stella yelled at me. "We won't watch you risk your health just cuz you're sulking because of a boy! Besides, you caused this! So get over it!"

This girl's weren't even giving me chance to talk oo. Just shouting at somebody!

"Here. Use this powder" Daihaah said stretching a brown powder to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Stand there and be asking jamb question ooh. Mumu" that was...wait, did Salina just insult me?

"It's to make you look better. And hide those eye bags" Zahra replied and I took the powder.

After applying it, I stared at myself in the mirror.

I have to admit, I look better now.

"Thanks" I gave Daihaah the powder.

"You're welcome" she shrugged as she put the powder back into the make up kit.

"Why are you guys being so nice? I thought you'd turn against me" what? I just had to ask.

"We're your friends" Stella and Salina said while Daihaah just shrugged.

"I'm not a bad person" was all she said.

"Well, on a norms, I wouldn't give shit about you but, well, I'm doing this for Dazzline" Zahra said. I wanted to reply but Stella beat me to it.

"That's not so nice, Zee" she said.

"Can we go now? It's assembly time already" Zahra said with a bored tone.

I walked back to the school gate while the other girls went to the hall to do their perfect duties.

"Heyy" I said as I stood next to Gabriel.

"Omotara, how are you?" He asked with concern laced in his voice.

"I'm fine" I replied. "How are..." I trailed off when I saw Fara and Elizabeth coming down from their car.

They walked past us like we weren't there.

"Jacobs, Ohioma!" I tried to make my voice firm but it came out shaky.

They stopped and turned to look at me, both eyeing me. "What?"

"You're late. Kneel down" I comanded.

"Eeh eeh, see this one ooh. Telling her class mates to kneel down!" Elizabeth said with a sardonic laughter while clapping her hands dramatically.

I took a deep breath and continued. "Why didn't you make your hair Elizabeth? Faramade, why did you use pink braids?"

"Ma bi mi ni jamb question, I no be dundee, I no be fool" Fara sang as she eyed me.

"Both of you, on your knees" I heard a voice from behind and I turned to see Stella and Dazzline there.

Thank God! The yeye boy called head prefect didn't even say anything!

"Why are you not wearing your tie?" Stella asked Fara, since she was the sanitary prefect.

"What's your own?" Fara replied, rolling her eyes.

"On your knees both of you, your dressing in completely against the school rules!" Dazzline finally said something. From her voice, one could tell that she was clearly angry but her face was calm.

She took out a blade from her pocket. "Here, Ohioma, loose that hair now now! It must be gone from your head before assembly ends. And you, Jacobs, make sure you plait that hair. Do I make myself clear?" Dazzline commanded.

"Wha...Stella can you hear her?" Fara asked in shock. "See how she's talking to me ooh. Better tell her to leave me alone or else Stella, me I will talk ooh!"

Talk about what?

I looked at Stella who shifted from one feet to the other uncomfortably. She looked like she was scared?

I looked away from the them as Stella and Dazzline walked away.

Elizabeth had started loosing her pink braids and Fara was trying to make her hair into all back.

I pity them though, there was a long line of late comers looking at their seniors. One loosing her hair and the other plaiting it.

Big disgrace.

If only I knew, I'd have let them go in peace.

Second Term has finally begun! Hurrayyyy!!!!

Get ready for drama.

What do y'all think will happen to Tara anyways?

Okay..

Don't forget to vote ⭐ and comment 💬

And I wanna say a big thank you to all those who had been voting and commenting. Thanks it means a lot.

And thank you to all those reading.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeeeeeeee!!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Word Count; 1391

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 3K 49
Audrey Andrews was ambushed on her way back from school and raped by her notorious classmate and his friends who was on the lookout for him She got p...
230 38 17
The final year students of Primrose Academy are in for a ride in their last lap of secondary school. They are all are looking forward to making their...
14.2K 1.9K 31
FEATURED AND PUBLISHED AS A PAID NOVEL ON WEBNOVEL Meet Omotara Evelyn Banks also known as Tara Banks. An entrepreneur, a nurse & a model. Beautiful...
354K 7.7K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...