Synthesis of Scattered Pieces...

By Writerbyheart01

Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Suj... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10 (i)
10(ii)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
40.
41
42
43. ..
44.
45.
46.
47.
48
49.
50.
51
52.
53.
54
55
56.
57
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
not an update.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.āœ”ļø
88.
89.
Epilogue.
Bonus 1
Bonus 2.
Not an Update.
Bonus 3.
Bonus 4.
Bonus 5.
Bonus 6.
Bonus 7

39.

1.7K 174 361
By Writerbyheart01

⚠️Warning ⚠️
There is a long chapter ahead
Read at your own risk

<><><><>

Even adter refusing many times, Shifa's papa sends all new furniture for my room and only Allah knows how many more countless things... I was amazed at myself, I was ordering house help to set my room differently just because I was going to get married.

All the ladies of my family and relatives were gathered in the hall of my home as they were enjoying the mehndi function. Usually, the mehndi function is done in the bride's home but here every girl and woman were enjoying it in their own way, thankfully they didn't made a demand in front of me to put mehndi on my hands.

"Daniyal, Shifa se baat Hui?" I listened to the well known voice and turned to saw him.

(Have you talk to Shifa?)

"You... Here? At this time?" Instead of answering, I questioned him. It's not usual for David to leave radio station at this time but he came to company me.

"Hmm... Just..." Before he could reply my gaze travelled to a servant who was cleaning my cupboard and discarding the old clothes. His hand was holding a wooden box. "Don't touch that." I couldn't help myself just yelled and snatched the box away from his hand.

"What's wrong dude? What's in this?" David asked after seeing my expressions and I realised I was more than enough loud. Poor servant was looking scared and pale. I do not like to shout on servants and maids to show myself superior but I'm sure, I would react in the same way if anyone would touch this box.

"I'm sorry." Apologising for my rudeness I gestured the help to continue his work.

"What made you mad? What's in this?" David asked and I open the box, It was holding all the letters I had written for Adeena but never post them as I didn't know where was she. "Amanat hai kisi ki." Mumbling that I look at the box and letters present in them. They were not only letters but my feelings for her.

(It belongs to someone else.)

"Who's this someone else? Don't tell me it's Adeena." David asked while holding the in his hands and picked one envelope from it. It was sealed so as all the others, without any address or name present on that. Somehow he understood the truth without any of my answer.

"Forget her and move on."

"I've already moved on, but I can't forget her." I took the letter and box from his hand and moved toward my cupboard where I find out a secure place between my clothes.

"It's not what you can name moving on, Daniyal." Mumbled David like a scolding and I looked at him with questioning eyes. "Then what's the meaning of moving on?"

"Try to develop feelings for Shifa,"

"I already have feelings for her, feeling of respect, care and support..." I said everything from my heart but he glared me. Why do best friends behave like parents?

"And love? Where is love in all these?"

"Nowhere! We don't need love in our relationship." I stated the truth, I could have every feeling for Shofa but love because I reserved al my love for Adeena only. Before David could say or ask anything else someone knocked on the already open door of my room and soon he handed me the sherwani I had to wear tomorrow.

"Thoda to khush ho le yaar, teri hi shadi hai." David tried to cheer me up and I grinned before hanging the shervani.

(Be happy, my friend, it's your wedding.)

"Thoda kyu? Main to pura khush hu."

(I'm not only happy but extremely happy)

David kept watching me for an extended minute then sliced with a sadness in his eyes. "I know you're strong." His hand patted my shoulder before taking his leave.

My heart was cleanching with pain one because of not getting my love and other because of Shifa. From the time I had seen that cctv footage in which she was crying standing David's cabin, my heart was not at peace. She doesn't love me and she also knows that I could not love her still she was crying out... I don't know why? Maybe she was hurt as I was talking about Adeena... Or maybe there was some other reason, bit to know that I had to talk to her, unfortunately she was intentionally ignoring my calls and messages. I one more time tried my lunch do contact her and thankfully this time the call was received after a few rings but Shifa didn't a single word.

"Kya ho gya Shifa, aap baat kyu nhi kar rhi ho mujhse?"

(What's wrong Shifa, why aren't you talking to me?)

''Naraaz ho, pareshan ho ya gussa ho, Kuch to batao," I asked but didn't get any respond from her other side.

(Are you offended me or upset? At least tell me)

"Shifa... app sun bhi rahi ho?"

(Shifa, are you even listening?)

"Nope... Shifa is not listening, she's busy grooming herself and decorating her hands with mehndi. Ab aap kal hi apni dulhan se sari baatein kar lijiyega," it was Afifa, unlike Shifa she is a babbling Queen.

(Now you will talk to your sweetheart tomorrow.)

"Ji Zarur mohtarma, jesa aapka hukm." I smiled and going to hang up the call when her voice stopped me to do so.

(Okay miss, as you wish.)

"Jiju wait..."

"Ji saali saheba?"

(Yeah respected sister-in-iaw)

"Meri friend ko kabhi rulaiyega nhi, bohot rooyi hai wo Allah ke saamne, aur Allah ne aapko bheej diya, ab use khush karne ki zimmedaari aapki hai,"

(Never make my friend cry, she has cried a lot in front of Almighty and he send you, now it's your responsibility to make her happy )

"Samajh gya." I muttered and again removed the mobile to hang up the call but again she resumed.

(Got it)

"She loves you very much"

"Ji?" I exclaimed! I couldn't believe it, what did she said just a moment ago? Shifa loves me? No it must be a misunderstanding.

(What?)

"Yeah, Jiju. Shifa admires you. She respects you and trusts you blindly... What else love is, other than a feeling of respect, trust and admiration?" I was silent after listening to that explanation then disconnected the call. Afifa's theory was absolutely correct. Love is nothing but a feeling of respect, trust and admiration. In fact, I do trust Shifa, I respect and admire her, so does it means I also love her?

My heart skipped a beat with this thought. No... I don't love her, I have all these feelings for her but no matter what, I couldn't love her.

<><><>

Next Day

Qasr-e-Kazmi (kazmi residence) was glowing with fairy lights, new furniture and interior were yelling loudly that they were also enthused about welcoming new member of this family. The wide smile present on my parents' face was indicating clearly that their happiness had no boundaries but no one knew about my struggle. I was holding a battle in myself. While wearing the wedding outfit I was only thinking one thing... How did Adeena was feeling while getting married? Did she also felt this pang in her heart that I'm feeling? Did she also lift her wedding outfit like the last suit of hers?

Or am I the only person who's been carrying the ashes of this relationship?

"Daniyal," a bang on the door hit me hard and I realised that I was sitting on the edge of the bed for last half an hour. "Ji Baba, just 5 minutes" I yelled in response while resuming the process of getting ready. Standing in front of the mirror I smiled and took a few deep breaths. Now I have to admit the truth, Adeena is no more with me and Shifa is going to be a part of my life. I acknowledged the reality in front of myself and resumed the process of getting ready. Soon few of my close family members were around me and I found them helping me. Though I didn't need but it seems getting ready as a groom is not easy that's why they all were around me.

In between all these works my gaze travelled to my Ammi who was standing at a distance holding tears in her eyes. "Ammi?" Going closer to her I held her by her arms, her eyes were flushed with tears and lips were engaged with a smile.

"In aasuon ka sabab?"

(Reason behind these tears?)

"Aap nhi samjhenge." And her tears rolled down without leaving the smile present on her lips.

(You won't understand)

"Ab ye mat kahiyega ki ye khushi ke aasu hain, kyuki gum ki hasi mene aaj tak nhi dekhi." I whispered while wiping her tears and kissing her temple of forehead.

(Now don't say that they are tears of joy, I haven't witness smile of sorrow)

"Jab aap hamare muqaam par ayenge to aapki aakho mein bhi khushi ke aasu honge." She lift her both hands in the air with same smile on her lips and I understand her gesture, bowing my head down I let her cup my face with both hands and kiss my forehead.

(There will be tears of joy in your eyes when you come to our place.)

"Shaad-o-aabaad rahiye,"

(Stay blessed)

I smiled and looked at my left side, Baba was standing with the same smile, thankfully, no tears of joy in his eyes. He open his arms and understanding his silent gesture I hugged him.

"Aaj tak aap sirf ek bete the, lekin ab naye rishte banne jaa rahe hain. Shohor ban'ne ke baad halaat badal jaate hain. Waledain aulaad ki badi se badi galti aur kami ko bhi nazar'andaaz kar dete hain aur unki mohabbat mein koi kami nhi aati, lekin Nikkah ka rishta jitna mazboot hota hai utna hi kamzoor bhi hota hai, chhoti chhoti baatein dil mein jagah bana deti hain lekin chhoti chhoti baatein hi talkhiyan bhi paida kar deti hain. Aur har talkhi ke sath ye rishta kamzoor hota jata hai. Jo kehna tha keh diya, baqi aap khud samajh sakte hain ki kis tarha life ko balance karna hai."

(Until today you were only a son, but now you are going to be in a relationship. Things change after becoming a husband. Parents love their children regardless their flaws. But the bond of marriage is different. It's as strong as a rock but as weak as a string of thread. Your tiny efforts could make this relationships stronger but at the same time your tiny mistakes can lead to big damages too... That's all I wanted to say, now, over to you. I trust you, you can balance everything.)

Baba break the hug with one of the biggest advice of my life. No matter how grown up I was considering myself but I was nothing in front of his experience. After seeing this shine in my parents' eyes I realised how important I am in their life. This marriage is no less than a responsibility for me. On one hand, I have to fulfil my responsibly to make Shifa happy on the other hand, it's my priority to maintain this happy smile on my parents' face.

"Aap khush hain na?'' Ammi asked me in a whisper. I was seeing the same Ammi whom I saw back in past when I was a kid and going to the school for the first time. She was there to drop me and detecting my insecurities but she was also nervous with the thought how would her son face this new phase of life, and today I saw same concerned in her eyes.

(You're happy. Right?)

"Ji Ammi, main bohot khush hu." I don't know if I was happy with this marriage or not but I was happy to see my parents smiling wholeheartedly. I just love them and it seems I'm doing something to make them happy.

(Yeah ammi, I'm happy)

The discussion could be stretched even long but we decided to reach the wedding venue quickly because the soon function would start the soon it will end and we need to end that fast as tomorrow morning Shifa will have to attend her college.

After hopping in the well decorated car I close my eyes for a while. Is it a dream or reality? Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between two.

Often we blame life and destiny for not providing us with what we want and always leave us on an undesirable crossroad but maybe we need to change our perspective. Life is not going in a wrong way, it's going as straight as planned but we choose another destination for ourself which is out of our reach, that makes life difficult. Maybe my theory is not perfect but this is what I told myself whenever I start blaming life and destiny.

I was lost in the train of my thoughts when a voice grabbed my attention. "Where are you lost Daniyal? Let's go inside." And I turned my head to see the well decorated banquet hall. I didn't realise when we reached... I was pretty involved in travelling the train of my thoughts that almost missed the station of reality.

"Assalamualaikum," I took a few moments to recognise who open the door of car to welcome me but a smile covered my lips as he was a handsome boy called Bilal.

"Waalaikumas Salam, you're looking handsome." Stepping out from the car I compliment him to gain a grin from him. "Thanks for compliment, but I already know that." Running his fingers in his hair to make them fluffy he praised his own self and I couldn't help but laughed.

"You're an interesting creature." I patted her cheek like he's a little boy but yes actually he's little boy with a good height. Before our conversation could take place further I felt a pair of eyes fixed on me, looking at my right side I passed a weak but respectful smile to Anwar uncle who was welcoming my Baba and Ammi with whole respect. And was also being welcomed with a shower of rose petals and very soon I found myself sitting on the middle of the king sofa which was placed at the middle of the stage. Many guests were present in front of me when suddenly my gaze travelled to figure who was coming towards the stage with tine steps and my eyes refused to believe... Unlike traditional red bridal outfit, Shifa was wearing Baby pink colored lehenga with silver jewellery. Her wrists were filled with bangles and hands were grabbing a small clutch bag. I never thought she could look so pretty as a bride. Without choosing to lift her gaze she was stepping towards the stage. But one thing was bothering me, she was not looking happy.

"Hi Jiju." Afifa chirped while making Shifa sat beside me and I passed a smile with a reply, "Waalailumas salam Saali Saheba." She kind of glared me while jerking her head.

"Assalamualaikum, now happy?" She asked like a satire and I looked at Shifa, her eyes were fixed on her hands and face was untouched by smile.

"Naraz ho?" Leaning towards her ear I asked in a whisper which forced her to look at me. For a moment I was amazed, how can girls look so different with makeup? It was for the first time when I'm seeing Shifa in makeup and I have to admit, she looks extremely beautiful in this way.

(Are you offended?)

Well, I was amazed for a moment only. Her beauty didn't effect my heart.

"Why would I?" She muttered again casting down her gaze like an elegant bride.

"To khamoshi kyu?" She ignored my question. Probably she didn't want to talk to me, but at least she could share the reason of her silence.

(Then what's the reason behind this silence?)

"Hamdan bhai abhi tak nhi aaye," instead of Shifa, Afifa replied and I understood the reason behind Shifa's upset face. She loves her elder brother more than Bilal, his absence must be hitting her.

(Hamdan bhai hasn't arrived yet)

"Talk to him on phone call." I suggested and Afifa nodded in agreement but Shifa looked up with a pool of different and unsaid emotions in her eyes.

"Deni, zindagi mein hume logo ki mohabbat, tawajjo air moojudgi chahiye hoti hai, unke alfaaz nhi." And she again sat down in the previous position.

(Deni, we need love, attention and presence of our loved ones, not their words.)

"Chal mood kharab mat kar," afifa muttered, while lightly pulling her cheeks and my gaze travelled to Baba who was coming towards the stage with a few more people, it was clear that they were coming for nikkah. Taking a deep breath I tried to control my heart to feel that pang.

(Now don't spoil your mood)

<><><><><>

"Deni, zindagi mein hume logo ki mohabbat, tawajjo air moojudgi chahiye hoti hai, unke alfaaz nhi."

(Deni, we need love, attention and presence of our loved ones, not their words.)

Shifa told Deni, but this was not for Hamdan, it was for him only. She didn't want his hollow words she wanted his support and love through out the life, and now this girl was afraid as Deni doesn't love her, not he can do in future too... According to his own assumption...

But this idea was killing Shifa from inside. Love is the rope that tie two individuals together and she was asking single question to her heart. Will Deni leave me alone after a point? It's not impossible to leave a person whom we don't love. That means Deni could leave me.

Struggling with her fears she was sitting with a lower gaze, her heart was beating instantly when a hand grabbed her shoulder. "Shifa Aapi... They people are coming for nikkah" Bilal whispered and Shifa looked up

"Hamdan bhai abhi tak nahi aye?" She asked and Bilal shook her head, this time Daniyal also looked at her.

(Hamdan bhai isn't arrived yet?)

"I'll not talk to him ever," She muttered and in the time being Mr kazmi, Anwar, Musa Razi and few more people along with Qazi Sahab, came there.

"Papa, Hamdan bhai?" Shifa muttered and Anwar sighed while shaking his head. It was not a good feeling for Shifa she again bowed her head down silently.

"Should we start or we have to wait for someone?" Qazi Sahab (the priest) asked Anwar who looked towards the entrance then glanced at his wrist watch, there was no sign of Hamdan's arrival, with a defeated voice he slowly nod his head.

"Bismillah kariye Qazi sahab."

(Please start)

The old man with white beard lifted a paper and glanced at Shifa before staring the process, "Do you Shifa, daughter of Aatish accept Daniyal Kazmi son of Hasan Kazmi as your husband?" Shifa's heart skipped a beat after listening that but she stay silent as she didn't get courage to even nod her head. But her silence create a unrest situation everywhere. Mr Kazmi looked at Anwar with questioning eyes but he was also answerless. Qazi Sahab decided to repeat the question in the hope of an answer this time.

"Do you Shifa, daughter of Aatish accept Daniyal Kazmi son of Hasan Kazmi as your husband?" This time Shifa took a deep breath to reply in yes but she was stopped in between by a voice

"Am I late?" Shifa looked up and a smile captured her lips as that was Hamdan, holding a hand bag in his hand he was standing just a step away from her and she couldn't hold her tears anymore.

"Bhai" Shifa muttered and stood up from her place. "I won't talk to you ever." She cried like a small kid and hugged her brother. Hamdan smiled while wrapping his one arm around her shoulder and his other hand dropped the handbag carelessly.

"I'm sorry, Shaffo." This time he had tears in his eyes after seeing his little sister in bridal attire. "I missed you a lot" Shifa muttered and Hamdan wiped away the tears present in his eyes, "so do I." He muttered in reply and break the hug when his gaze went to the priest.

"We can talk after your Nikkah too," he wiped Shifa's tears but couldn't help himself to shed two more tears. "Where is Mahvish Bhabi?" Shifa asked in a whisper and Hamdan told her that Mahvish was busy in meeting with her mother-in-law i.e. Maryam as well as other guests. They both husband wife were coming to the venue directly from airport so they were in casual outfits unlike all the other people who were clad in their respective outfits according to the occasion, but for Shifa their presence was valuable not their outfit.

"Do you Shifa, daughter of Aatish accept Daniyal Kazmi son of Hasan Kazmi as your husband?" And the question was repeated third time, Shifa's eyes dropped tears and she felt a hand on her head. That was Hamdan who lightly stroked her head and wiped away his tear with his palm. Shifa nodded her head and a tear slipped down from her eyes one more time.

"Q... Qubul hai"

(I do)

She repeated two more times and then it was Daniyal's turn. The same question was asked by priest and he said "Qubul hai" without wasting any time. Soon the environment was filled with the voice of blessings and congratulations. After a short dua everyone was smiling but Shifa was still crying with bowed head, Daniyal was waiting for Hamdan to cheer up his sister but he was busy in formally meeting and greeting Mrs and Mr Kazmi as they people were meeting for the very first time.

"Shifa." Daniyal whispered when found fresh tear rolling out of her eyes, before she could lift her head to see this grey eyed man, his finger landed on her soft cheek and wiped that tears away. "Itna pareshan nahi karunga ki aapko roone ki zarurat pade... Trust me"

(I won't trouble so hard that you need to cry... trust me.)

Shifa looked up suddenly and he smiled while wiping away her fresh tear one more time.

"Sach?" Completely forgetting that she was in front of hundreds of guests she asked in a whisper and Daniyal blinked.

(Really?)

"Bharosa kar ke dekh lo..."

(Trust me)

"Dar lagta hai, aapne tood diya to..." He sighed her over emotional situation and draw out his handkerchief from his pocket.

(I'm afraid... What if you break it?)

"Mera har rumaal gawah hai kitni imaamdaari se mene unhe aapke hawale kiya hai, ab bhi koi shak hai aapko?" Shifa couldn't help but giggled and Daniyal placed his hankey on her lap.

(Every handkerchief of mine is a witness of with how much loyalty I have handed them over to you, do you still have any doubts)

"Don't cry." He muttered while sitting straight and Shifa wiped her tears with a smile, she wanted to see Daniyal properly but she had to sit like a shy bride.

Shifa was in dilemma, only a few kind words of Daniyal changed her mind and give peace to her heart. Yet, a small amount of insecurity was there.

"Save these tears for farewell, what will people say at that time if you shed all the tears right here?" Daniyal whispered in his teasing style and Shifa giggled without lifting her already down gaze.

"Deniii..." Shifa cries with fake tear's and Daniyal smiled as Shifa, who was his wife now, laughed. Maryam was seeing this scene from a distance, her heart filled with satisfaction when Daniyal brought smile on the lips of a crying Shifa.

"What are you seeing Maryam?" Mrs Kazmi asked in her polite tone which forced Maryam to turn her head.

"Dono ek sath achhe lag rahe hain na..." Maryam asked with a bog grin on her lips but eyes filled with tears.

(They both are looking pretty together... Aren't they?)

"Hmm... Masha Allah." Mrs Kazmi also smiled, both the ladies were happy as well as emotional at that moment.

"Don't worry Maryam, we'll take care of your daughter." Said Mrs Kazmi after seeing tears in her eyes and she glanced at Shifa then at Mrs Kazmi. "Please do. And forgive her if she make any mistake."

"I can understand your fear, Don't worry."

<><><><><>

A pair of eyes was not leaving to stare at her. The long hair reaching to her waist, almond shaped eyes which were looking more mesmerising due to the smoky makeup, her simple yet amazing outfit was making her look more gorgeous and all these things altogether were enough to play with the strings of guitar of his heart. Holding a smile on his face he walked closer to her.

"Kesi ho?"

(How are you!)

"Main bohot zyada achhi hu, itni achhi ki tum deserve nhi karte, to door raho mujhse." Snapping in front of him she stepped up towards the food counter.

(I'm very nice, that's why you don't deserve me... So... Stay away.)

Picking up a plate she looked here and there to find out one of her favourite dishes and soon she started filling the plate when a question starlets her, "Do you still like Paneer more than biryani?" Afifa was stunt. How did he knew her choice? But it seems he read her mind and answered her unasked question.

"You told me once, when we were kids..." Shariq mumbled making Afifa remember that time when she was a little girl and used to play games with other kids in every family gathering, and Shariq was one of those kids. Musa and Afifa's father were pals so their children knew each other since very young age, but when Afifa got to know Shariq as Shifa's cousin specially as Rani phuppo's son, she started hating him. Afifa already knew whatever Rani did with Maryam then her intrigue in case of Shifa and Faraz, altogether these incidents were pushing Afifa to hate Shariq so as his mother.

"If you want to consider my choice then keep in mind, I don't like you. Even I hate you." Snapping a bitter answer she stepped ahead followed by Shariq.

"But Why? I understand that you don't like me... That's fine. But what have I done wrong which is making you hate me?" He asked a genuine question and time Afifa turned towards him while placing the plate on the table with a thud.

"Jo kuch bhi tumne Shifa ke sath kra hai na uske baad..." Shariq didn't let her complete.

(After seeing whatever you've done with Shifa...)

"Stop measuring me on the scale of Shifa, I don't care about her, she's nothing to me other than a person whose presence frustrates me, but you holds a different place Afifa, your presence give me happiness and I want to make this permanent." Afifa was stunted as well as confused. Should she feel furious after listening such words for her best friend or should she blush shyly for this confession?

"Come out from Shifa's friend zone then think about me," There was something in Shariq's voice which hit the deepest corner of Afifa's heart, though, she didn't want to consider his words seriously, still unwillingly her gaze travelled towards the stage. Shifa was smiling with lower gaze and Daniyal was whispering something in her ear. They were looking happy together. ''She has already started her new life, you don't defy your happiness for her." Shariq added in the same polite tone which forced Afifa to look at him, she found an ocean of emotions as well as truthfulness in his eye, for next two long moments they both stare in each other's eyes but she was the first to break the eye contact and picked her plate.

"You're not my happiness." Mumbling that she took a step ahead but his voice again stopped her. "But I can be." Her heart skipped a beat when this voice fall in her ears from behind, taking a step forward, Shariq made himself stand in front of her, "Trust me, I can be. And I promise, I'll do everything to make you happy. Just trust me." Afifa's heart missed two beats in a single moment. If she forget about Shifa, there was no reason to refuse Shariq's proposal but how could she forget about her best friend?

"Trust is an expensive commodity, and You're not worth it." She walked away after shredding his heart but he was not going to accept his downfall so easily. Maybe it was the very first time when he was doing efforts to gain someone's attention. Picking two ice cream cups he walked near her. "Chocovanilla and blueberry..." Afifa glared at him but deep down she was surprised, when did she tell him about his favourite flavours? And she already voiced her thought.

"You never... But I've noticed." Shariq passed a weak smiled while walking away leaving Afifa amazed. She knew Shariq wasn't from those guys who roam around girls, she never noticed him taking interest in any other girl, but surprisingly she didn't even know about his only attraction which was she herself. Shariq's gaze was fixed on her but this time she did not found it irritating. Leaving the dinner she picked one ice cream cup and started having it, a smile crept to Shariq's lips when noticed Afifa's natural blush. Their gazes again met to make Afifa's heartbeat uneven but the glared at him with anger and looked away. Shariq smirked while drawing his mobile and typed a text.

Smile suits you, so smile.
Don't glare at me.

Afifa was again shocked, She leave the ice cream cup she picked her mobile to receive that text.

How do you get my number?

She text him back.

I can do anything for you,
It's just arranging your number.

Afifa glared at him while putting down the mobile but she received another text.

Bas isi ada par aapki hamara dil aa gya,
Warna chehre to bohot the aakho ki taskeen ke liye.

(My heart fall for your attitude, otherwise...
There are many faces to please my eyes)

Afifa glared at him with deadly sight and text him back.

Agar dobara aesi bakwaas kari na to block kar dungi.

(I'll block you if you dare to do something like this again)

Umm... Let's see.
But for now, focus on your friend

Afifa was confused, what does it mean? She glanced at Shariq then towards the stage which widen her eyes. Shifa was hugging her Mehviah bhabi as it was time for farewell. Leaving everything Afifa rushed to Shifa and held her hand.

"See, I already told you na, there is some connection of yours with RJ Deni...'' Afifa whispered in Shifa's ear and she forget her crying state for a moment while remembering that day when Afifa announced her prediction.

"And don't you dare to forget me..." Afifa threatened Shifa in a friendly manner and both friends hugged each other. Shifa's heart was beating very fast, she was experiencing another kind of fear and sorrow. Every girl wants to get married and live a happy life but for that she has to pay a big amount in the form of leaving her family.

"Stop crying Shaffo." Hamdan caressed Shifa's head and she smiled lightly, "Bhai, I'm not crying, but you're." Shifa muttered and her eyes also filled with tears, Maryam was already crying out silently, only Bilal was not affected by this emotional scene, he was smiling unlike Anwar who was standing at a corner, holding sadness in his eyes.

Maryam was expecting Anwar to come forwards and blessed Shifa like a father bit he didn't even moved a few steps from his place. It hurted Maryam, she open her arms for Shifa and she hugged her mother with tearfilled eyes.

"Shifa, maine jo samjhaya hai wo yaad rakhna beta," Maryam whispered and Shifa sobbed this time.

("Shifa, don't forget what I've taught you, okay?)

"Kabhi aapko koi shikayat ka mooqa nahi milega... I'll make my mumma proud." Shifa mutteted giving new tears to her mother's eyes. What else a mother expects from her daughter other than make her proud and Shofa always do so.

(You will not get any complaint of mine. I'll make my mumma proud.)

Maryam again looked at Anwar who was standing at the same corner, she was waiting for him to come to Shifa and make her sat in the car but when he didn't. Hamdan understood the need of situation. Taking a few steps he came forward and wrapped his arm around Shifa's shoulder.

"Maine suna tha khushnaseeb hote hain wo bhai wo behno ko apne haatho se bida karte hain," He announced and Bilal joined him from right side of Shifa. They were heading towards the exit but stopped when Shifa stops to take another step.

(I had heard that those brothers are lucky who do their sister's farewell.)

"What's wrong?" Asked Hamdan and Bilal in unison and Shifa took steps to her right side. All the guests, Daniyal and his family were shocked to see the bride going back to the hall instead of exit but soon as possible all were awestruck when Shifa grabbed Anwar's wrist.

"Papa." She muttered and tears rolled down from her eyes. "I'm sorry." She apologise for other day when she called him a step father who doesn't care for her. "Kab tak naraz rahenge apni beti se?"
(For how long you will be angry with your daughter?)

Anwar was amazed as he wasn't expecting anything like this. He was trying his best to hold back his tears that's why he wasn't even coming forwards but this time his overbearing nature betrayed him resulting, two tears rolled out from his eyes and he placed his hand on Shifa's head. "Main tum se naraz nhi hu."
(I'm not offended with you.)

"Agar naraz nhi hain to bina dua diye rukhsat kyu kar rahe hain papa?" Shifa's question was factual which allows tears in Anwar's eyes. Maybe he was crying for the first time after twenty five years. Last time he cried when his first wife passed away.

(If you're not offended then why are you send me off without your blessings?)

He is a man who love to show his masculine, angry and rude side to this world but from inside he's one of the most soft hearted people. Shifa's questions directly hit his heart and he took Shifa in a side hug. "Meri duaye hamesha tumhare liye hain, tum maano ya na maano." He kissed the middle of her head and this fatherly love lead to a loud sob which left Shifa's lips.

(Belive me or not but my prayers are always for you.)

How badly she was craving for father's love.

This love is like a light rain shower which brought petrichor along but still insufficient to wipe out the yearning of the barren land of a crystal heart.

Daniyal also came forwards to greet his father-in-law but in reply of greetings he didn't get any blessings but an instruction... Or better to say... A request. "Give her the respect and status she deserves."

Anwar patted Shifa's head lovingly while walking towards the car, Daniyal was walking beside Shifa and now Maryam was holding tears of joy in her eyes.

"Aahh..." Suddenly her ankle twisted, before Hamdan or Bilal could act two hands held her either hands. One was Anwar and other was Daniyal. "Carefully" mumbling that Daniyal left her hand immediately, he knew somewhere Shifa and he himself were uncomfortable with this touch so leaving the hand was a better option but Anwar noticed it. Holding Shifa's hand in his big hand he lift his other hand towards Daniyal, the grey eyes man silently passed his hand and soon he received a soft mehndi filled hand on his palm. "Take care of my daughter." Neither it was an order nor request but a question of assurance. Daniyal nod his head in respond and held Shifa's hand with intertwined fingers. He did not know what she was feeling after sensing his warm palm against hers.

The process of farewell was stretch too little longer than expected but after all Daniyal found himself in the car just besides his pretty bride whose hand was still in his hand. Her tears were not stopping yet but suddenly she felt a hand covering her hand.

"Naye rishte mile hain, purane khatam nhi huye." Daniyal said with a smile and Shifa looked at him.

(Youre getting new relationships, older one are not going away.)

"That's the fear, how will be the new relationships?" She shared and Daniyal smiled. Not a happy one but it was enough to assure her.

"I'm always with you, as a husband, as a friend, and as a partner." She keep watching him holding a question In her eyes but Daniyal knew the art of reading her eyes so he answered her unasked question.

"Hamara rishta typical husband wife jesa nhi hoga kyuki mohabbat ki gunjaish nhi hai hamare beech mein... lekin uske alwa jo kuch bhi mangogi sab dunga, achhe dost ban kar zindagi guzaar lenge. Theek hai na?"

(Our relationship will not be like that of a typical married couple, there will be no room for love between us... But I'll provide you with whatever you asks for, we will live as good friends. Alright?)

"Mujhe kuch nhi chahiye, bas aap jese hain wese hi rahiyega." Shifa put her demand and Daniyal smiled because this time he saw satisfaction in her brown eyes

(I don't want anything, just be as you are.)

"Arey main to haesha se aesa hi hu aur aage bhi aesa hi rahuga... Khushmijaaz, samajhdaar aur... Ab kya apni tareefe khud kru... Aap jaanti hi ho."

(Hey, I have been, Jolly and wise since ever and will remain like this only in the future too... Umm... I don't like to praise myself but you know na...)

Shifa blinked twice she haven't come across a man like Daniyal who praise himself too much. She looked away while bursting into a guffaw lifted her hand to cover her mouth but only then they both realised that they were still holding one another's hand in the same manner.

They both looked at each other and Daniyal left Shifa's hand with a hesitant smile. "I... I'm sorry, don't be uncomfortable." He muttered and crept away from her making enough distance between them to sit another person very easily. Shifa also looked away from him, she wasn't feeling comfortable to hold Daniyal's hand.

Yes, they got married, yet they had to travel a long way to become husband and wife.

<><><><>

How's this chapter?

Liked it?

But you people don't vote 😢

<><><><>

Baba aap to kehte the, hamesha mere naaz uthayenge,
Aap se naraz ho jaungi to har baar mujhe manayenge.

Amma, main to aap ki gudiya hu, mujhe dur khud se na kijiye
Maana bohot satati hu aapko, phir bhi ye saza to na dijiye.

Un anjaan logo ke ghar mein main kese reh paungi?
'Main naraz hu mujhe manao' aesa kis'se keh paungi?

Mujhe dar lagta hai andhere se main waha kisko bataungi?
Jab chali jaungi is ghar se to kya aapko yaad nhi aungi?

Sun kar meri baate baba ki aakhen bhar aati hain,
Phir pyaar se apne paas bula kr amma kuch samjhati hain...

Chhod ke aangan baba ka, kisi aur ka ghar basati hain,
Shayad isi liye betiyan AMANAT kisi aur ki kehlati hain.

Tumhe bhi kisi aur ke ghar jaa kar use pyaar se sajana hai
Bohot kuch seekhna hai aur apna muqaam banana hai,

Sadiyon se yahi reet chali ayi hai,
Khushnaseeb hai tu ke beti ban kar aayi hai.

_Naaz Jamal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 2.3K 38
[BLURB] "Well, now I'm back and I'm gonna drag you to court, you piece of shite," she said before passing a humorless chortle. "Do that and you're do...
1.7M 81.5K 67
"This is Rumaan's child" I heard mama said. I didn't look up at her. I keep my head lowered. because I didn't have the courage to face her. "This is...
95.7K 10.4K 46
Rabbi shrahli sadri. wayassirli amri. wahlul uqdatam millisani. yafqahu qawli. [surah Taha]. Sometimes love can prove poisonous when you nurture the...
133K 8.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...