{BOOK 2} Percy Jackson's Sist...

demigodreams tarafından

If you haven't read my first book, you should probably go do that before reading this one. Cassidy Malloy in... Daha Fazla

We Drive to A New Boarding School
I Have the Best Recipe for Punch
Bleachers, My Old Enemy
Yet Another Reason to Despise Teachers
Cliff Diving Should be Done With a Parachute
Timeout, What's a Demigod?
I Become a Master at Mythomagic
Hot Ride, Even Hotter Driver
New England Cooked to a Crisp
All Winter, No Wonderland
The Wine Dude WILL Turn You Into Roadkill
Flames Look Even Better on a Rainbow Screen
Never Play Poker with Someone Who's Last Name is Stoll
Place Your Bets, Pegasi
Fart Arrows, and Why They Should be Banned
The Mummy Stops Us From Destroying the Forrest
We Meet Around the Ping Pong Table of Doom
Goats Allowed. Boys, Not so Much
Study Date with a Blowfish
Ms. Malloy? No, Mini Boss!
Percy Adopts a Mutant Cow
Don't Get Killed or I'll Kill You
Centaur Blood? Really?
Lost? The Acorns Will Show the Way
I Don't Suppose Anyone Has a Big Ball of Yarn?
Space Food is Useful Even on Earth
Fred? Fred!
Grover Wins the World Cup
I Give Up Something That's Not Mine
That's NOT a Fake Rat
Don't Touch Me, You Pig
Not the Fight I was Expecting
So This is Where All the Junk Goes
Let's Play Name That President
Make Way for Chef Cas
The Worst Junkyard Ever
Birthdays are Supposed to be Happy
It's Impossible to Find the Dam Snackbar
Help From my Uncle's Statue's Shiny Toes
Put on Your Pigeon Disguises
Retirement Does Not Suit Santa
I Envy the Sea Lions
I Get a Job in the Airplane Delivery Business
So You Think Your Family's Bad?
A Sacrificial Decision
Clouds are NOT Fluffy and Light
We Say Goodbye
600th Floor, Please
It's Your Kids or Your Cow. Pick One.
Crank Up the Family Reunion Tunes
Two Years Until Certain Death! Any Plans?
Familiar Stranger
A/N
BONUS CHAPTER

Redecorating the Camp Grounds

922 30 12
demigodreams tarafından

      I walked out of the Big House and was immediately tackled in a hug. My mind was racing on how Nico would take the news that I didn't even realize who it was until he spoke.

     "You're back!" Justin unwrapped his arms from around me. He took a look at my expression. "Yikes, that bad?"

     I nodded. "We lost two."

    "I'm so sorry," he held my hand. "I'm glad you're okay."

      I smiled. "What's up with Clarisse?"

     His smile dropped. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone."

    "Even me?"

     His smile came back and he rolled his eyes. "Oh don't do that."

     "Do what?"

     "Those puppy eyes, you're gonna make me give in."

    "I don't know what you're talking about," I laughed.

     My smile faded when I heard screams coming from where Nico and Percy had walked off. My head snapped in their direction and didn't even wait to see if Annabeth and Grover were behind me.

    "Run, Nico!" I heard Percy yell. "Get help!"

     I ran faster, following Nico's voice. He was yelling and he sounded distressed. I imagined he had gotten the news already.

    "No!" Nico shouted louder. "Go away!"

     Finally, I spotted them. Percy was desperately trying to keep the skeletal warriors at bay. I didn't know how they had found him or how they had even entered the camp's borders.

     The ground began to shake. The   skeletons froze. Percy rolled out of the way just as a crack opened at the feet of the four warriors. The ground ripped apart like a snapping mouth. Flames erupted from the fissure, and the earth swallowed the skeletons in one loud CRUNCH!

    Silence.

    The only evidence that anyone had ever stood their was the twenty foot long scar that cracked the marble floors of the pavilion. Percy and I stared at Nico in awe.

    "How did you—" My brother stammered.

     "Go away!" he yelled. "I hate you! I wish you were dead!"

    Nico ran off into the woods, Percy trued following him but tripped on the steps. I ran to his side.

    He picked up the stone he had slipped on, only it wasn't a stone. It was a Mythomagic figurine. Percy turned it over in his hand.

    "Bianca wanted me to give it to him," he said. "It was the only one he didn't have."

    I stared at and realized why it was bothering him so much. "Hades."

    Percy stared at me, not saying anything. His silence was enough to confirm.

    Annabeth and Grover helped us search in the woods for hours, but no sign of Nico.

   "We have to tell Chiron," Annabeth said, out of breath.

   "No," Percy said.

    We all turned to him.

    "Um," Grover said nervously, "what do you mean... no?

    Percy shook his head. "We can't let anyone know. I don't think anyone realizes that Nico is a—"

   "A son of Hades," Annabeth finished. "Percy, do you have any idea how serious this is? Even Hades broke the oath! This is horrible!"

    "I don't think so," Percy said. "I don't think Hades broke the oath."

   "What?"

    "He's their dad," Percy assured, "but Bianca and Nico have been out of commission for a long time, since even before World War II."

    "The Lotus Casino!" Grover said, and he told Annabeth about the conversations we'd had with Bianca on the quest. "She and Nico were stuck there for decades. They were born before the oath was made."

   Percy nodded.

  "But how did they get out?" Annabeth
protested.

   "I don't know," Percy admitted.

  "Bianca said a lawyer came and got them and drove them to Westover Hall," I reminded them. "I don't know who that could've been, or why. Maybe it's part of this Great Stirring thing.

    "I don't think Nico understands who he is," Percy said. "But we can't go telling anyone. Not even Chiron. If the Olympians find out—"

    "It might start them fighting among each other again," Annabeth said. "That's the last thing we need."

    Grover looked worried. "But you can't hide things from the gods. Not forever."

  "I don't need forever," Percy said. "Just two years. Until I'm sixteen."

   Annabeth paled. "Or a little longer, until Cas turns sixteen. And now there's also Nico. We have to—"

    "No," Percy cut her off. "I choose the prophecy. It will be about me."

    "Why are you saying that?" she cried. "You want to be responsible for the whole world?"
Percy was acting strong but you could tell in his eyes he was just as scared as any of us.

   "I'm not letting that pressure fall on Cassie and I can't let Nico be in any more danger," Percy said. "I owe that much to his sister. I... let them both down. I'm not going to let that poor kid suffer any more."

    "The poor kid who hates you and wants to see you dead," Grover reminded me.

   "Maybe we can find him," Percy suggested. "We can convince him it's okay, hide him someplace safe."

     Annabeth shivered. "If Luke gets hold of him—"

    "Luke won't," Percy said. "I'll make sure he's got other things to worry about. Namely, me."

    Percy, Annabeth, and I all recounted the story to Chiron, just stretching the truth a little. We couldn't let him know about Nico's parentage. He seemed to have bought the story, or at least enough to not want to force us to tell him the real one. Unfortunately, Nico wasn't the first half-blood to disappear.

   "So young," Chiron sighed, his hands on the rail of the front porch. "Alas, I hope he was eaten by monsters. Much better than being recruited into the Titans' army."

    My heart dropped at the sound of Chiron's words. For a moment, I couldn't believe he would even say that. But I trusted he knew better than I did.

   "You really think the first attack will be here?" Percy asked.

   Chiron stared into the distance, thinking before answering.

   "It will not be until summer, at least," he said. This winter will be hard... the hardest for many centuries. It's best that you go home to the city, Percy; try to keep your mind on school. And rest. You will need rest. Cassidy, you would do well to listen, too. Stay close to your brother."

    "I can hold my own," I said.

    "And I have no doubt about that," Chiron countered. "But you and Percy's fates are tied, I would not like to see what would happen if one was without the other."

    I nodded in understanding.

    Percy turned to Annabeth. "What about you?"

    She looked down. "I'm going to try San Francisco after all. Maybe I can keep an eye on Mount Tam, make sure the Titans don't try anything else."

   "You'll send an Iris-message if anything goes wrong?"

    She nodded. "But I think Chiron's right. It won't be until the summer. Luke will need time to regain his strength.

   We stood for a moment in silence.

   "How about you try not to get kidnapped this time," I nudged Annabeth.

    "Yeah," Percy said. "Just take care of yourself. And no crazy stunts in the Sopwith Camel."

   Annabeth was laughing now. "Deal. And, Percy—"

  Before she could finish, Grover came bursting in. He was out of breath and looked like he had just seen a ghost.

   "He spoke.'" Grover cried.

    "Calm down, my young satyr," Chiron said, frowning. "What is the matter?"

    "I... I was playing music in the parlor," he stammered, "and drinking coffee. Lots and lots of coffee! And he spoke in my mind!"

   "Who?" Annabeth demanded.

   "Pan!" Grover wailed. "The Lord of the Wild himself. I heard him! I have to... I have to find a suitcase."

   "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Percy said. "Hold on."

   "What did he say?" I asked, desperately

    Grover stared at us. "Just three words. He said, 'I await you...'"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

51.8K 296 12
Percy messes up. Rated E. SMUT warning ⚠️ ART BY WINDBYFIRE All characters belong to Rick Riordan - except the like one OC- he's mine :)
1.3K 63 11
Random. This is for a contest. Pardon our English. Disclaimer: some of the characters are from Rick Riordan, the rest are ours. Contributors: https:...
4.7K 51 17
An Annabeth Chase story by me ( THIS IS AN ENTIRE FANFICTION NOT BEFORE OR AFTER ANY BOOK) P.s the charecters belong to rick riordan.
254K 4.8K 29
Everybody has that one person you absolutely despise. It's like it's their life goal to get on your nerves. Mine? Well, that would be Travis Stoll f...