Omega (TaeKook)

By 22moon_girl97

Taehyung was one of the rare kind, a trueblood. When he returned to his pack, the last thing he expected to... More

PART I.
× one ×
× two ×
× three ×
× four ×
× five ×
× six ×
× seven ×
× eight ×
× nine ×
× ten ×
× eleven ×
× twelve ×
× thirteen ×
× fourteen ×
× fifteen ×
PART II.
× sixteen ×
× seventeen ×
× eighteen ×
! nineteen !
× twenty-one ×
× twenty-two ×
× twenty-three ×

× twenty ×

223 7 2
By 22moon_girl97

Calm before the storm

×××

The next day, they were awakened by an overly excited Hoseok. 

Taehyung was just admiring the beauty of Jungkook as the young omega silently snored in his arms. Jungkook was still in a deep slumber, only his long lashes trembled from time to time. 

Call Taehyung creepy but he thought he found his new favorite hobby - watching Jungkook sleep.

Everything was so peaceful until the said alpha burst into his room. The loud noise of the shutting door and Hoseok's heavy panting woke Jungkook up as well. The omega rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and turned to look at their right-hand man. 

Hoseok was flustered by the scene, to say the least. He froze the minute he saw Taehyung cuddled up in his bed with Jungkook, both of them naked as they were created by mother nature.

"Oh! OH!" Hoseok slapped his hand over his eyes and just to make sure he turned around. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I didn't know you have company, Alpha."

The formal tone he used sounded weird from Hoseok's mouth. Taehyung internally cringed at the name but didn't say anything.

Unlike Hoseok, he and Jungkook were totally calm. It was common for werewolves to see each other naked so they didn't make a big deal out of it. What embarrassed Hoseok was probably the thought of what they were doing naked.

"What are you here for?" Taehyung asked while he put on his bathrobe, watching Jungkook folding the blanket around his body.

The question seemed to bring back Hoseok's thoughts onto the right track. "Right! I have good news!"

Taehyung waited patiently but when Hoseok didn't continue he arched a brow in question. "Which are?"

The other alpha hesitantly peeked back and when he saw that both of them hid their bodies, he turned around fully, with a radiant smile shining on his face. "Jin and Namjoon are back!"

Hearing the news that Taehyung had been hoping for for months, it took the couple less than five minutes to get dressed and follow Hoseok. They ran down the hall, leading Hoseok rather than the other way around. They both couldn't wait to see the betas again.

"How did this happen?"

"Are they all right?"

They bombarded the alpha with questions to which Hoseok only smiled. "They're both fine. They will tell you everything."

The couple nodded and Jungkook just increased his speed, even more, leaving the alphas behind. Hoseok took advantage of the situation and tapped the trueblood's shoulder. He had a mocking grin plastered on his face and Taehyung could see that his gaze was glued to his neck.

"I'm happy you finally took my advice."

Taehyung cleared his throat awkwardly. He decided it was better to ignore Hoseok so he turned forward again and focused on Jungkook's retreating figure. "I don't know what you're talking about."

The older snorted. "Oh, so now you don't want to talk about sex. Fine. I don't need your confirmation, I can tell only by looking at your neck. Didn't know Jungkookie likes it rough."

By now, Taehyung forgot about his mark but as Hoseok mentioned it, his hand unconsciously flipped up to cover the wound. He hissed at the sharp sting but tried his best to mask it. 

"Don't worry, I'm happy for you," Hoseok whispered into his ears. He found himself smiling too. He was definitely happy too.

Once they reached the meeting room, Jungkook was already impatiently jumping in front of it. The alphas chuckled before they opened the door wide. 

Around a round table, three males were sitting. Yoongi was the first one Taehyung's gaze found. The alpha sat lazily on a chair, his arms resting on his belly. 

Next to him sat the couple to whom Taehyung owed his current life. Tears welled up in his eyes when he saw them. Although Jin's hair was slightly longer and Namjoon started to wear glasses there was no doubt who they were. 

They were Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon. The world's most annoying couple. But now, Taehyung couldn't even put into words how happy he was to see them again. If it hadn't been for them, they might never have been able to escape the Jeon pack. Jungkook would be dead a long time ago and surely Taehyung too.

As their eyes met, Jin and Namjoon got up from their seats and approached them. Jungkook didn't hesitate for a moment, he immediately threw himself into their arms and hugged them tightly as if his life depended on it. 

Unlike the omega, who giggled happily into Jin's broad shoulders, Taehyung struggled with tears. There were happy tears, yet he imagined the long-awaited reunion differently. Before he could stop them, sweet tears began to roll down his face. His throat tightened from the struggle but even so, he couldn't hold back the sob that got out of his throat. At the sound, everyone quickly raised their heads and looked at the Head Alpha in surprise.

"W-Welcome... b-back!" Taehyung's voice was weak and powerless but still held so many emotions. The betas smiled at him before pulling him into the hug too.

"It's good to be back," Jin mumbled.

Soon, a sobbing Hoseok joined the group hug too. Maybe they would have stayed that way forever, embracing each other if the door hadn't opened again and Jimin hadn't walked in. "I can't find Jungkook anywhere- What the hell is going on here?"

He looked at the only person who wasn't included in this crying mess - his mate. Yoongi was still sitting on his chair as he watched the scene with a forming scowl on his face. "I have no idea."

Jimin's appearance finally broke the friends apart. They let go of each other but smiled contently, fresh tears sparkling in their eyes.

"This idiot made everyone cry!" Hoseok pointed a finger at Taehyung. "You know I have to cry if I see someone crying!"

"Sorry?" Taehyung shrugged as he wiped his face dry. He subtly sneaked an arm around Jungkook's waist and pulled the younger closer to his body.

"A simple sorry won't make it. Now, I'm dehydrated!" Hoseok cried.

A low chuckle stopped Taehyung's counter back. Everyone turned towards the voice, only to see Jin and Namjoon laughing into their fists. 

"You guys haven't changed at all," Namjoon said, smiling. 

"We can't say the same about you." Jimin's expression was one of pure mischief and Jungkook was fast to catch up on it.

The omega nodded too, pointing at Jin's face. "Yeah, Jin got wrinkles." 

The beta's giggle quickly died down as he glared at the two. "Yah! Respect your elders!"

"Jungkook doesn't really respect anyone." Yoongi's legs found their place on the table as leaned back on his chair. "As he's our Luna."

Of course, that wasn't true. Jungkook was well-behaved and kind to anyone regardless of their age. But this statement soon dragged everyone back to reality. Jin's face softened and Namjoon also turned to Taehyung and Jungkook, glowing with pride. Their gaze didn't miss Taehyung's protective arm around Jungkook's body nor the matching marks which now adorned both of their necks.

"Yes, we heard," Namjoon said, still smiling. "It's also why we came here."

All seven of them shared a look, silently agreeing that it was time for some explanations. They sat down around the table, all the couples next to each other while Hoseok sat between Jungkook and Jimin.

"After you pushed Jeon off the stairs, we wanted to follow you too. But Jin was the pack doctor back in that time and the Luna held a close eye on us. She wanted to make sure we keep the Alpha alive." Taehyung wasn't sure why, but Namjoon's face was full of guilt. It wasn't their fault that things turned out the way they did. Namjoon and Jin just did what any other wolf would have done, what Taehyung did too - they protected their mate.

"Unfortunately, I had to," Jin lowered his head in shame as well. "Not just mine, but Joonie's life was in line too. I had to save him."

Namjoon gently placed his palm over Jin's hand in a comforting manner. Taehyung's heart warmed up at the scene unfolding before his eyes. They were still so in love with each other. The couple shared a gentle look before Namjoon continued. "We were kept hostage for months. Jin was required to stay by Jeon 24/7 and I was locked into our room. They knew I won't leave without Jin."

"After Jeon got better and didn't need my assistance anymore, they..." Jin's voice died as a horrified expression formed on his face. 

A small silence followed before Namjoon took the word from him. "Once the word of you guys forming a pack started to spread, Jeon got panicked. What he feared the most became reality. He knew you will form an alliance with the Bae pack. He needed to act. So he visited his allies all around Korea. And that was the time we finally got a chance to escape."

Jin nodded. "While Jeon was away, we managed to sneak out of that hellhole."

"Actually, it was too easy to be true," Namjoon said.

"Yeah, we figured they let us free for a reason. They wanted us to lead them to you."

"So we didn't come to find you guys at first. Instead, we traveled around Korea and collected information about the war."

"And here comes the unpleasant part of our story," Jin said cautiously, but before they could continue, Jungkook took the lead instead.

"Father has many connections. They are not even friends, but rather admirers. The Jeon pack is one of the most ancient packs and also one of the largest and strongest. It has a history going back centuries. Many people are afraid of him and become his allies instead of risking to get on his bad side. I bet he already put his men on the line a long time ago."

Jin and Namjoon nodded at the same time. "Daegu is completely under Jeon's control. As well as Gwangju and Daejeon. Almost the entire southern half of South Korea wants to fight on Jeon's side."

Taehyung knew the situation was bad. He knew he didn't have much against Jeon. He knew he wasn't fit to be a Head Alpha. Yes, he was aware of all these, but there was still a faint hope that they could be able to compete with Jeon. That hope has now faded. 

Taehyung sat at the table completely devastated. They had no chance, he realized. He had no idea what could be the next step at this point. Luckily for him, Jungkook and Hoseok knew exactly what to do.

"We need to inform Bae Hyungsik!" Hoseok turned to Yoongi who nodded immediately, already pulling out his phone.

"We need an emergency meeting. Jimin, could you organize it by tomorrow?" Jungkook asked and it didn't even take two seconds for Jimin to jump up from his seat and run to the door.

He was ready to act. The door opened, and to everyone's surprise, Beomgyu was waiting on the other side. The team blinked in surprise at the young beta, who also froze and blushed at the tense atmosphere.

"What are you doing here, Beomgyu?" Hoseok was the first one who got back his voice and looked accusingly at the young wolf. Not only Taehyung but also Beomgyu heard the suspicion in his voice because he immediately began to make flustered excuses.

"Oh, sorry! I-I didn't know you were in a meeting... I just... I heard that hyungs are back and-" he babbled incoherently, Taehyung started to feel pity for him. He could also feel the dominance emanating from Hoseok. He felt it, but it didn't affect him. On the other hand, Beomgyu, who was a beta, involuntarily bowed to him. "-and I thought they might need a guide so..."

"We'll call you when we need you, Beomgyu," Jungkook's gentle voice and soft smile eased the beta's mood at once.

"R-Right... sorry," the boy bowed and hurried away.

As soon as he left, Hoseok let out a sigh. "How much do you think he heard?"

"Does it matter?" Namjoon asked. He looked confused alongside with Jin. The rest of the group shared a look, silently agreeing that they should inform them too.

It was Yoongi who took upon the post of sharing this unpleasant news. "We have a feeling-"

"You have a feeling," Taehyung cut in, irritated. It was the first time he said anything since they sat down. There was nothing in Yoongi's wandering gaze, but Taehyung felt that the older man was on the verge of rolling his eyes. He only didn't do it because of Taehyung's title in the pack.

"Okay, Bae Hyungsik has a feeling that we might have a spy between us," Yoongi corrected himself. "Probably someone who used to be in with the Jeons."

"That's basically your whole pack!" Jin gasped. 

"I'm not saying we narrowed down the number of suspects. In any case, it is better to think twice about what and where we say. Also, walk with your eyes open."

The couple nodded. Taking in the gravity of the moment, they didn't say anything for long seconds. But then, Namjoon spoke up again. "Does that mean that you'll accept us to your pack, Head Alpha?"

It took Taehyung a total of five seconds to realize they were talking to him. When the pack was formed, at first he often forgot that he was the leader. By now he was quite used to being addressed like that, but not by his friends. To this day, he cringed internally when Hoseok or Yoongi called him Head Alpha. If Jungkook did that, he particularly hated it.

"That shouldn't even be a question," he cracked a smile. His left hand reached for Jungkook's on the table, squeezing it. It was a kind of representation that he would not decide anything without his Luna. And although he didn't openly ask Jungkook's opinion on the spot, they had already agreed on this - Jin and Namjoon were members of their pack even before they arrived. Taehyung already thought of them as members. They already belonged in the Kim pack.

The betas looked overjoyed. They smiled widely as Taehyung added. "Jimin is clearly overworked and I love Soobin but he's a crappy nurse."

"Yeah, last time I went to see him he fainted by the sight of blood," Yoongi agreed and everyone laughed at him. "Not funny. I had to treat my wound by myself."

For a moment, everything seemed like good old times. Before the escape, before the war. Even before Jungkook became an omega. Even before Taehyung was revealed to be a trueblood. They were just kids again, laughing carelessly. 

But reality hit even harder when Jimin came back panting with the information that the Bae pack would arrive at the meeting tomorrow morning.

Jin and Namjoon also felt it was time. They descended down to one knee and said in union. "I offer you my body, my soul, all my strength. I swear to follow you in war and peace. I will not question your truth, I will remain faithful to you as a comrade, friend, and brother. I put my life into your hands, my destiny is yours."

Taehyung only began to feel how fragile they were now. Namjoon was basically skin and bones, with dark circles under his eyes. Jin's face looked sunken, his skin almost gray. None of their hair shone healthily anymore, it was disheveled and damaged. 

Until now, Taehyung had been blinded by the joy of seeing them again and hadn't noticed, but now he did. He saw how pale his friends looked. Like two paintings sucked out by the sun. Taehyung wasn't sure how long they had been rogues but by the sight of them, it was longer than it should have been. It was a heartbreaking view and Taehyung was more than happy to return his friends to their old glory.

"And I will protect you with all my might," he said solemnly. "Keep your family safe, and appreciate your work. I will do my best to ensure everything in life for you. I hereby take your oath, welcome to the Kim pack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 19.2K 48
Jeon Jungkook, Head Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack has always dreamt of meeting his mate but little did he know that first meetings aren't always a be...
1.1M 64.5K 51
Kim Taehyung is a pretty omega who ran away from his previous pack while he was pregnant. Bad treatment by some werewolves because of his rank has ma...
119K 4.6K 32
[Complete] Where Jungkook doesn't want a mate and where Taehyung is waiting for his mate since little because of his parents. So what will happen? bo...