Welcome to my life || Miguel...

By ms-sammy

New mom... new feelings... new friends... Book 2 of the M.D. series #4 in #migueldiaz More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
END
BOOK 3

0.7

5.5K 144 244
By ms-sammy

After her and Miguel went and got some food, Andy dropped him off at home and went to work for the evening. She had to train the new girl apparently.

"Hey, are you Tory?" The girl with half blonde hair looked up from her phone. She was pretty, really pretty. If Andy wasn't so hung up on Miguel, she might of asked the girl if she was bi like her.

"Yes thats me." She stood up and smiled at the girl.

"I'm Andy, I'll be training you tonight." Tory nodded with a smile. Andy motioned for the girl to follow her to the back room.

Andy spent the entire night with Tory. The girl was a fast learner and good on skates, which was good. She was nice, and Andy liked her. During their break, the two got to know each other over a basket of fries and two sodas.

"I'm homeschooled mostly." Tory admitted after Andy asked why she had never seen her around. "But my mom said I can go to public next year."

"Really? What school?" Andy asked, eating another fry.

"West Valley."

"That's my school! I could totally introduce you to my friends!" Andy grinned.

"Awesome!" Tory grinned, looking excited. "I don't have many friends. It's mostly all work for me."

"Well you just gained one. You know, my dad runs this karate dojo-"

"Cobra Kai karate? I saw it at the All Valley." Tory nodded. "The champion, Miguel? So cute."

"Yeah...that's my best friend." Andy smirked to herself. She wasn't jealous, Miguel was cute.

"You get to see that everyday?" Tory looked surprised and impressed.

"Girl, I sleep in the same bed as that sometimes." Tory gave her a high five for that. "Anyway you should totally consider joining. First lessons free, after that you gotta pay."

"You can't get me a discount?" Tory joked.

"Sorry girl, you're paying my water bill."

The two got along good, and Andy was happy to have another friend. They exchanged numbers at the end of their shifts and Andy even offered her a ride home.

"Holy shit. This is yours? How loaded is your dad?" Tory looked surprised, running her hand across the sleek black material.

"He's not. This is a 'please-forgive-me' present from my mom whos been absent for 10 years." Tory nodded in a 'fair' sort of way. She did enjoy the ride home though with the top down.

When Andy got home, she sent a quick text to Miguel upon his request. He always liked knowing when she got home after a late shift. When she walked inside, her dad looked up from his position on the armchair.

"Why are you home later than you should be?" His tone held authority. That was something new. Despite being her father, Johnny never did punish his daughter or yell at her for small things. If he knew where she was he was fine. He never cared what time she came home.

"I drove the new girl home from work." Andy simply explained, setting down her bag and going to the kitchen for something to eat.

"I didn't appreciate you yelling at me earlier." She heard him get up. She paused for a moment.

"Yelling?" She turned towards him with a raised eyebrow. "Dad that wasn't yelling. If you wanna see yelling I can yell?"

"The point is, I'm your father and you should respect me."

"I do respect you. What I don't respect is you changing your attitude just because Kreese is around. Do I need to remind you that he choked you in a parking lot for losing a match he made you lose? He's a bad person, I can't believe you let him in the dojo." Andy shook her head, pulling a pan down from the cabinet to make some mac and cheese.

"Yeah? Well I don't appreciate you acting like the parent here." Johnny said sternly, acting like that was a fair point.

"Dad, you're the parent here yes. But I'm the one who takes care of you." Andy gave a tight knit smile. "If it wasn't for me we wouldn't have food besides hot pockets and bologna. I'm the one dragging your ass from the living room floor drunker than a skunk, into your own bed. If you want to actually start taking care of me. That's when you can talk."

Johnny didn't have much else to say. Being authoritative didn't work. He knew it wouldn't. Andy was right. She took care of him everyday. She cleaned up the house and did his laundry. She worked almost every night in order to put food on their table. She did drag him at 3am to his bed so he wouldn't wake up all achy on the floor. She was the parent in this situation.

Andy woke herself up at 4 a.m. the next morning. She showered quickly and dressed herself for whatever her dad had planned. She left early with Miguel to go get Aisha, who's car was in the shop.

"How did it go training the new girl?" Miguel asked, glancing at her.

"Great! She's so sweet. I think me and her are gonna be good friends." Andy grinned, happy to have another female friend. It was mostly her, Hawk, and Demetri her whole life until she met Aisha in the eighth grade. Then Miguel last year.

"I'm happy for you. Should introduce us." Miguel nodded, looking back out the window.

"I'd be happy to. But fair warning, she thinks you're cute." Andy winked playfully and laughed to herself.

"What?" he laughed.

"She mentioned she saw us at the All Valley and said how the champion was cute. I think she got a little jealous when I mentioned were best friends." Andy laughed to herself. A small amount of jealously pooled in her stomach. She knew she was pretty, but so was Tory. She was exactly Miguel's type. Andy feared he would fall for her if they met.

"She can get jealous all she wants, I belong to you."

That shouldn't of been as attractive as it was.

After picking up Aisha, the three friends rode to the place where her father told them to meet. On the way she told them about how he tried to be "authoritative."

"Your dad has never been like that." Aisha muttered, shaking her head.

"Exactly. We respect each other in our house. I can go where I want, when I want, as long as he knows where I am. I always tell him where I am too. He can go wherever he wants, as long as he's safe." Andy shook her head.

"What got into him?" Miguel asked.

"Stupid Kreese. He's Dads old sensei back when he was a student."

"Really? Wasn't he a dick?"

"A real big asshole. But he was the closest thing Dad had to a dad, so he's trying to put on an act for him. Hardcore sensei and dad. Fucking prick." Andy mumbled. The three friends arrived and got out.

"A construction site?" Aisha asked in a confused tone. Andy looked around confused.

"I trained with him before any of you did, but we never did this." Andy sighed and walked closer to where other students waited.

By the time her dad actually arrived, it was almost 5am on the dot. Most kids were tired and looked like they wanted to collapse and just sleep.

And then he put them to work. Johnny split everyone into teams and told them to start mixing cement. Andy was in a team with Hawk and Miguel. She was getting the cement bags and pouring water in the mixture. Hawk was pouring cement powder in the wheelbarrow and Miguel was mixing.

"Don't add too much water. You wanna make it nice and thick." Johnny commented, almost sounding smug.

"Sensei, why are we mixing cement?" Miguel asked, panting like crazy.

"No questions." Johnny sternly stated. "Keep stirring!"

"I swear, I'll punch him in the face myself for this." Andy panted, setting down another bag of cement and trying to blow her hair out of her face.

"Here." Hawk set down his open bag of cement and walked over, pulling a hair tie out of his pocket and pulling her hair back neatly. Andy eyed him weirdly but sighed in relief as her hair was now out of her face.

"Why do you have hair ties in your pocket?" She asked in a confused yet grateful tone.

"You always forgot them in gym class, wanted to be prepared." He shrugged, going back to pick up the bag again. Andy sat for a moment. That was the Eli she remembered, always knowing she was forgetful. Miguel watched the exchange with a frown. Why did he get so mad that Hawk knew something he didn't and was prepared for it?

Both Andy and Miguel were cut off from their thoughts by a loud horn. Standing, Andy spotted a cement truck approaching. The man driving got out and did a weird handshake with Johnny.

"Shit, what now?" Andy mumbled in annoyance. Johnny motioned his students over, so they all dropped their equipment and walked over.

"You think winning the All Valley gives you the right to goof off? Well I got news for you. Winning one championship don't mean squat. A true champion never stops training. You gotta keep moving forward...or else you could get stuck exactly where you are. It's like the cement  in this truck. If that drum doesn't start turning, the cement inside will harden and get stuck. Is that what you want to happen to you?"

"No, sensei!"

"Good. Then climb up, get inside, and make it spin."

Miguel and Andy shared a look. What was he talking about?

"Sensei, we're sorry for messing around." Aisha spoke up.

"We learned our lesson." Hawk added.

With no hesitation, Johnny slammed down the latter of the truck. "Get in!"

"Sensei, this seems dangerous. I mean, the fumes alone-"

"QUIET!" But it wasn't Johnny, it was Kreese. "This man led you to the mountaintop, and you question him? Look at you, look at all of you. I can't believe this pathetic pack of pussies competed in the All Valley and let alone won. It's an absolute miracle. And who's responsible for that miracle? Johnny Lawrence. The best student in the history of Cobra Kai. My student."

"You were sensei's sensei?" Hawk asked.

"You better believe it, kid. And I tell you I've never trained a tougher student in my whole life. So, if you know what's good for you, you better listen to every goddamn word he says."

A few seconds of silence passed. Andy glanced up at Miguel, who looked down at her. Both of them gave a nod and took a step forward.

"We'll do it, sensei." Miguel spoke for them. The male led the two over and allowed Andy up first. The girl climbed the latter and stood in the entrance to the drum.

"Holy shit." Miguel whispered behind her in a fearful tone. Andy could already smell the toxins in the air. Andy sighed and climbed inside, sliding gently towards the cement covered floor.

One step in, and Andy went tumbling to the ground. She didn't know Miguel was so close behind her, because she took him down with her.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yep, you?"

"yep."

Miguel helped the girl up, stabilizing her waist before he got up as well. Hawk was next in, then Mitch, Chris, and Aisha. The students looked around cluelessly.

"Don't just stand there. You're gonna get stuck. Move!" Johnny barked from the entrance.

Andy let out a huff and leaned forward, putting her hands against the slick wall of cement. The rest followed her lead and they all started pushing. The cement was like slime. Their hands kept slipping off the wall and their feet couldn't find friction.

"Whoa-" Andy fell to the floor.

"Come on, tiger." Since she was in between Hawk and Miguel, the two lifted her up with ease. She made a mental note about how strong they were getting and went back to pushing the drum.

"LETS GO GUYS MOVE IT!" Johnny yelled outside.

"I'd love to see him in here doing this." Andy mumbled to herself.

After another minute or so, It actually started to move. It took a lot of force, to the point where Andy's muscles were ready to give out on her but it was moving and at a steady pace.

Andy was proud of the men inside the drum. Everytime someone fell there was someone to pick them right back up. Using their combined forces, the wall was actually moving.

"FASTER FASTER FASTER!" Miguel shouted in encouragement.

"FUCK YEAH WERE DOING IT!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 60 23
In which Robby and Isabella learn to love during a karate rivalry in the valley. Dating the kid of your dad's karate rival can't be too bad right? ...
3.1K 88 12
Miguel's in a coma, you've quit karate, and you're relationship with hawk has gone down the drain as you switch to your brother's side. Can anything...
47.9K 942 31
Keeping a low profile is never easy. For someone who would rather lead a private life, (Y/N) does everything she can to stay out of the spotlight. Sh...