Epidemic

By vechkinfan1

What if you were one of the reasons the world ended. That your actions have caused the dead to walk among the... More

Epidemic
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 2

8.5K 193 45
By vechkinfan1

The throbbing pain in the back of my head made my eyes flutter open. Whatever that ass hit me with, hurt like hell.

Opening my eyes, my vision was blurry but I could still see that I was tied up and in some sort of cell. The iron bars were open though. I guess they didn't think I was much of a threat.

"Hey, you're awake." Glancing over I saw a young boy, who had to be at least twelve or maybe a little older.

"Yeah." I muttered, as my hands fidgeted trying to get the rope loose.

"You've been out awhile." He smiled. What is with this kid, I could be some deranged serial killer and he's sitting here talking to me like I'm the nicest person on earth.

"Well that's what happens when you get knocked over the head with something." Rolling my eyes, I continued trying to get my hands loose. Making sure I wasn't moving too much.

"Can I ask? How did you get that scar? It's kinda cool." He asked, pointing to the long scar running down my cheek.

"I asked one too many questions." I grinned, watching as he backed up slowly.

"Mom!" Smirking I watched as he ran out of the cell as fast as he could.

Within a few minutes a women came storming into the cell. Her hands placed on her hips. God she was pregnant too! What kind of person would have a baby in this cruel world? It's basically a death sentence.

"What did you say to my son?" She angrily shouted. Really she's getting angry at me; she's the one not watching her son.

"Well if you kept a better eye on him, you wouldn't need to know what I said." My eyes glared up at her.

"What's going on in here?" I watched the cop walk in, grabbing the women by the shoulders. Quickly he pushed her out of the cell, trying to defuse the situation.

I could hear them arguing out in the hall, when the one they called Daryl walked in. He had a bow strapped to his back, but I was surprised that he didn't have a gun aimed at me.

I watched as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossing over his chest. His eyes watched me, almost as if he was studying my movements.

After a few minutes the cop walked back in, his hands in his pockets.

"Look I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I never meant for you to get hurt." He apologized. I didn't say a word; I just kept my eyes on him.

"My name is Rick, Rick Grimes." He knelt down in front of me, trying to get more personal. He stayed there a few minutes waiting for an answer from me.

Giving a soft sigh, he lifted himself from the ground and started to walk out. What the hell, I might as well be nice. Maybe I'll be able to get out.

"Hadley, my name is Hadley." I sighed, giving up my tough guy act. In the mean time my eyes snuck a peek at Daryl, who was still leaned up against the wall. His face still cold and emotionless, just like the last time I saw it.

"Well Hadley, under these circumstances." Rick said as he turned around and walking back into the room. "It's nice to meet you."

"Wish I could say the same to you. But the douche over there." I nodded to Daryl with my head. "Hit me over the head, and tied me up."

"Who are ye calling a douche?" Daryl pushed off the wall, stepping dangerously close. "I didn't hit ye! I don't hit girls." He snapped.

"He's telling the truth. He didn't hit you. But his brother did." Rick mumbled as if he really didn't want to talk about this.

"Yeah, well are you gonna untie me. I'd like to get back to what is left of my life. I know it's not much, but I'd rather be there then in here." I calmly said.

"If I untie you, will you answer a few of our questions first?" Rick asked as he leaned over my shoulder, untying my wrists.

"Sure" I muttered when I felt my hands get freed. Quickly bringing them in front of me, I gently rubbed my wrists. The sting of the rope was still there.

I watched Rick as he sat down next to me. Daryl shifted; he was now standing in the corner watching me.

"How long have you been in Atlanta?" Rick asked, his hand running through his graying hair.

"I made it into the city, when the radio announcements started. Figured there would be help there." Shifting uncomfortably in my seat, I looked Rick in the eye. "There was never any help; nobody could help this situation not even the military."

I watched as Rick sighed silently to himself before getting ready to ask yet another annoying question. But Daryl cut him off.

"Was the CDC working on a cure?" My breathing slowed when he asked that. I didn't want to say anything about my involvement. They already assaulted me once for defending my property. Who knows what they would do to me if they found out, I helped create this mess.

"I don't know." I swallowed hard, my eyes staring directly into Daryl's trying to hold my ground. "I could never get within fifty feet of that place" I lied once again, but they didn't seem to notice.

"Are you with a group?" Rick asked again. He is on curious person. What's that saying curiosity killed the cat? Well if Rick isn't carefully he'll be the one dead.

I gave a small chuckle before responding. "No, I'd rather be on my own then with a group. They hold you back. All I have is Gage my dog. By the way you didn't kill him did you?" I got a bit snippy with him.

"He's in the yard with the kids." Rick stated.

"Good, now I answered your questions. Can I leave now?" I asked, as I stood up. My body wobbling as my vision blurred from the sudden movement.

"Whoa." Daryl's arms quickly reached out to steady me. But when I looked up at him, he retracted his arms fast. "Probably ain't too safe for ye to go home anymore." He glared. "Merle fired a few rounds. Probably got every walker within a few miles surrounding that old dump."

"Great." I muttered "I'll just look for something new." Shaking my head, I started walking out of the cell. That's when I saw all the people. There was about eight of them standing further down the hall, all looking at me. Turning my head away, I headed down the opposite direction.

"You are more than welcome to stay. It's the least we can do after what happened." Rick yelled as he quickly walked after me.

"I don't do groups." I said as I continued to walk. My steps getting longer trying to get out of this place.

"Well stay; at least until you find somewhere secure to live. I'm not going to just let you walk out there with nothing. It's a death sentence." His hand grabbed my shoulder stopping me. Looking back at his face I could see he genuinely meant what he was saying. People in this world aren't like Rick Grimes, but more people should be.

"Fine I'll stay. I'm leaving as soon as I can though." I turned to look at Rick. I didn't have a place to go, so how could I say no?

"I'm glad you decided to stay." He gently patted my back. "Come on, you can stay in this cell for now." He gently led me back in the direction of all the people. Fortunately for me, he stopped shy and led me up a flight of stairs.

Keeping quiet he found me an empty cell. There was a bed that looked fairly comfortable. Probably more comfortable then what I was used to sleeping on.

"Hardly any of us sleep up here. I figure you'd rather be alone." He softly said.

"Yeah, thanks." I gave a small smile, before stepping into the cell. When I looked back Rick was gone and I just shrugged.

Jumping down onto the bed I let out a sigh. I stared up at the ceiling, thinking about how nice Rick was. How much of a leader he was, and the hell he is going through to keep me here. I don't need to stay, but it's nice to be around people. Even if they don't trust you.

Closing my eyes, I let myself drift to sleep hoping to get a few moments of peace.

*****

I shifted in my bed feeling a weight settle on me. Opening my eyes, I saw a dark face looming over my body.

Before I could start yelling, a hand covered my mouth. Struggling I tried to free myself from his grip. By the time I got my arm free, an all too familiar click echoed in the cell. Looking down I saw that the asshole cuffed me to the bed.

"Calm down sugar tits." I heard the all too familiar voice whisper into my ear.

Trying to lift my arms to hit him I was stopped by the cuffs he slapped on me. My arms were stuck, only being able to lift them a few inches. Hardly enough to even slap him.

"Shhhh now. We ain't gotta wake nobody up." He smirked as his tongue dragged itself along the scar on my cheek. His breath was rancid and I wanted him off me as soon as possible. He was a disgusting human being, and deserved to be ripped apart by those walkers.

With me cuffed down he took no time to unbutton my shirt. I thrashed and tried to make noise but nothing was loud enough.

Letting his hands wander, he grabbed hold of my breast. Being distracted I took this time to head-but him. Lifting up my head I slammed my head against his, sending him backwards.

"Now what did I tell ye." He leaned back up holding his nose. At least he's bleeding. "You gotta go and screw things up." His hands came down around my neck. Squeezing my windpipe closed, I struggled for my life. The air in my lungs slowly depleting.

Darkness started settling in my vision and the fight that I had in me started slipped away.

"Get off her."

--------

I hope you are enjoying this so far! So please comment on if I should continue!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 49 17
Daryl Dixon X Male OC Warnings: drug abuse, alcoholism, self harm, abuse, violence, explicit sexual content, sexual assult, homophobia, offensive la...
246 39 10
In a world where the dead walks among the living, Valerie Grimes lost everything. A once hopeful, bright woman has been knocked down to her breaking...
17.5K 589 20
*Spin off to what happens after The Walking Dead's season four midseason final with Beth as the main character.* I have made everything up apart from...
5.4M 138K 123
One infection causes the society to crumble like a cookie. No military, no economy, no leaders, nothing. No one is coming to save you, no one is ther...