Across The Stars (Star Wars x...

Autorstwa A_random_person13

The Human-Covenant war is over, humanity can finally breathe easy, knowing that the biggest threat to their e... Więcej

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

1.1K 15 2
Autorstwa A_random_person13

UNSC FFG-643 Reclaimer, Autumn Class Heavy Cruiser

Battle group "Raseiniai"

Time: March 28th, 2558

0900 Local Time

Location: In orbit Near Republic Venator Crash Site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reclaimer rumbled slowly, a sign that it was entering real space. The purple-blueish void of slipspace disappeared as a dark black background full of little white dots rushed in, with the big moon ominously lumbering in the background, it's pale white surface glistening in the sunlight. The ship lurched out of the slipspace portal, taking in full view of the former Outer Colony that was once bustling with life. The glassed surface holds many sorrowful reminders of the Human-Covenant War. Captain Judas Muller looks with such memories. The glassing of his home planet plays nonstop in his mind, the ravenous and deathly purple beams, spelling the destruction and death everyone knew too well.

The Reclaimer makes it's way toward what remained of the Venator, its wreckage sticking out among the pale glassed surface. ONI prowlers and research vessels dot the space above the wreckage, with the occasional signature green of a Pelican Dropship darting inbetween the research vessels. A new alien faction has been giving ONI a headache. It has been a chaotic two months, filled with dread and shock. The ONI agents, with the aid of an A.I, were able to extract the information on board the ship, now called a "Venator". The data packets, at first were unreadable,  but thanks to the work of the ONI scientists, they were able to decypher most of the information, and send their findings to HIGHCOM. Needless to say, there was surprise and shock at said information. There was a whole galactic civil war going on in Andromeda, between two factions: The Galactic Republic, and the the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The former, who had been ruling the Andromeda Galaxy for millennia. While the latter of which, recently broke away, accusing of corruption and other things against the Galactic Republic.

The prospect of another war did seem to cross ONI's mind at one point, seeing as though there might be other people (namely insurrectionists), and the Storm Covenant who had been springing up ever since the Human-Covenant War ended. Though at best, these were nuisances that could be dealt with. There had been an urge to build up ships to their pre-war level, and incorporate the new Forerunner technology that the UNSC had been discovering. But even with the help of the new Forerunner technology, the UNSC was in no shape to fight, and it was not expected to be at pre-war levels until at least 2570-2580. So far, there was no other explanation has to how the Venator had gotten into the Milky Way, other than some sort of wormhole, or that it simply just drifted here. As far as the UNSC could gather from their records, the Galactic Republic and Andromeda itself, was a particularly rowdy and unsafe place, reminiscent of the 1800s U.S Wild West. The outer, and by extension the mid-rim, were rife with piracy, gang wars, slave trading, and other unwelcome practices. While the inner rim had more better conditions, corruption and crime also plagued these places, but not as significantly as the mid or outer rim regions.

Muller watched as the little dots of the UNSC ships became closer; their blocky, ragged, grey Titanium-A plating basking in the sun's light. The ships dot the planet's orbit, the grey dots standing out amidst the chaotic background of the planet's surface. The Reclaimer steadily moved toward the UNSC fleet guarding the outer planet, it's engines blue glow getting brighter as it picks up more speed.

"Helmsman, how much longer until we link up with the fleet?" Muller asks, taking his eyes off the planet.

"In about 25 minutes, sir." The helmsman chirped up.

"Navigation, anything wrong with the sensors?" Muller looked over to the Navigation officer.

"Sir, no anomalies with the sensors. All systems are green." The nav officer responds.

Trojan, the A.I of the ship, pops up. "Anything wrong, sir?" He is clad in ancient Greek armor, with his avatar glowing a fiery red as he pops up from the holotank. "You seem to be more... precautious than usual."

"Call me crazy, but I have a gut feeling that something bad will happen with that... ship. I want to make sure we are ready in case something happens with that glorified triangle." Muller furrows his eyebrows, and rubs his temples as a  wave of memories from the Human-Covenant war hits him. He quickly recomposes himself, and stares back up into the inky darkness of space.

"Perhaps it could be your experience from the war, sir. After all, First Contact was less than peaceful..." Trojan now appears on a holotank next to the Captain.

"I know. Perhaps it could, but that phase is over. Right now, we have a possible First Contact with another xeno race, and as much as I desire to put a MAC and a nuke through the next xeno ship I see, I also don't want to mess up and cause another destructive war. So I want all of you to be on high alert, and don't panic and slip up." Muller lays back in his seat, grabbing his TACPAD and swipes through the information of the ship, the reactor performance, the weapons, and everything else that was related to making sure the Reclaimer could hurt a enemy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSS Negotiator, Venator-Class Star Destroyer

Time: 20 BBY

Location: Sullust System

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the destruction of Anakin Skywalker's flagship, the Resolute, one could say he was a little irate once the battle concluded. With the deaths of the thousands of clones at his command, with the Separatist ships being able to retreat and live to fight another day, one can understand why the hotheaded General was not in a good mood. It always crossed his mind after the battle ended. These clones were still his men, and unlike the majority of the Separatist army, not machines that need to follow his every whim.  

However, with a significant majority of the Separatist ships fleeing away, and with Count Dooku betraying Assaj Ventress, with her presumably being dead, Anakin's mood was a little lighter than one could imagine. Currently aboard Obi-Wan's flagship, Anakin takes a moment to contemplate what had happened, and meditating to connect with the force and think. In the heat of the battle, no one had noticed the Resolute's wreckage had simply disappeared, leaving only the escape pods behind.

"Well, at least Yularen survived, but the clones that were stationed on the ship... I could still feel their deaths rippling throughout the force, screaming out in pain and anguish...' Anakin thinks to himself in the room. He furrows his brow, as his mind begins rambling on about various topics, disturbing and interrupting his meditation.

He reaches out to the force, attempting to find consolation and a satisfactory answer. The force, in all of its mystery, sends a answer, but one that produces more questions than answers. Anakin sees glimpses of a ruined and destroyed planet, scarred by unknown plasma marks. He then sees his ship, lying in the wastelands of the planet, surrounded by an unknown people and unknown ships. He attempts to reach out more, wanting to find out more about these unknown people. But alas, the Force only allows for a glimpse of this strange planet. He opens his eyes, and returns back to the empty quarters of the Negotiator. 

Anakin clutches his head in pain, taking a moment to absorb all of the information that had been given to him. He took deep breaths inside the barracks, it could be heard echoing throughout the room. 'What in the Nine Corellian Hells was that?...'  Anakin thought to himself, still wrapping his head around what he saw. Indeed, the Force worked in mysterious ways, but showing the existence of an entire new faction? He mused to himself about the new possibilities of another faction joining the war against the Separatists, maybe this war would end sooner...

Anakin decided to talk to the clones who survived the Resolute's destruction, preferably someone who was on the bridge. He wanted to get more information on what happened following up to the destruction of the Resolute. He opened the door out of his quarters, and walked down to the medbay, watching as the occasional clone pass by. His mind started to drift from the war, and thought about his future, and how his life would be after the war. He thought about his secret wife, Padme, and how they would live their life after the war.

He soon made it to the medbay, hearing the collective moans and groans from the sick and injured from behind the doors. The doors opened, revealing the beds and medical equipment attached to the bodies of the clone troopers, their armor lying near their bed.

"How can I help you, General?" A clone trooper medic walks up to Anakin, a red cross could be seen on his armor, shining underneath the bright lights of the medbay.

"I'm looking for the clones that had survived the destruction of the Resolute. Are they in here?" Anakin asks calmly, showing no sign of hurry or distress.

"Ah yes, Cutter and Chopper. If you'll follow me, General." The medic turns his back, and starts walking away. Anakin quickly follows, trying to ignore the sounds of the dying men in the bay.

Anakin has had his fair share of battles, ranging from the cold, harsh climate of Pantora, to the city streets of Christophsis, to the raging sand dunes of Geonosis, he has seen battle, and the many casualties that those battles bring. Just thinking about those battles sends Anakin a shiver down his spine. Yes, the Republic had seen victory on those days, but at what cost? The clones were always Cannon Fodder, and were meant to be like that, but Anakin is quite bothered by the idea of simply throwing the clone's lives away. In his eyes, the clones are more than just a glorified weapon, but rather sentient beings, which lives are important.

His thoughts get interrupted when the medic pipes up. "Well, we're here. Cutter and Chopper." The medic points to the two clones sitting on the beds, clad in their armor. Both of them are wearing the same Phase 1 Clone Trooper armor that they had worn for a long time. Both veterans of the Geonosis campaign, and the Christophsis campaign, they are some of the more experienced clones of the ship, yet retaining their positions in the field as Sergeants.

Cutter and Chopper immediately stands up, saluting the General, while the General salutes back. Both of their faces had been scarred from war, they both share the same generic haircut and face as all the other clones. They've seen atrocities committed by the Separatists, the feeling of hot plasma scarring their armor and their flesh, the psychological fear that crawls in their brains, reminding them of the punishment of letting their guard down.

"General, if I may, can I ask what you are doing here?" Cutter immediately inquires. Cutter had always been a perceptive & intelligent clone. Ask him about the differences between an Acclamator and a Venator, and he'll gladly explain in full detail every difference; from the reactor, the engines, the weapons, the troop capacity, he will explain it all. He is not really social, and prefers to keep to himself, seldom talking to anyone unless necessary. 

"I've heard you two were last stationed on my flagship right before it got destroyed by the Seppies. I wanted to know what happened before the Resolute got destroyed." Anakin explains to them. He takes a seat on one of the chairs in the ward. Anakin takes out a datapad, and waits for the two clones to explain. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thanks for your support and reading it I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.1M 61.9K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
701K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.8M 58.9K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...