Love So Far

By StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... More

Second Chances
Hani
Forgiveness
Tragedy Brings Us Together
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Sleepover
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Emotions
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
Celebrations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

New Bonds

2.9K 206 200
By StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Nazia

After Fajr, I walked over to the window and peered out. I was surprised to see Jasmina standing outside in the back garden, her hands cupped around a mug of hot beverage. I could even see the steam from the drink rising from up here. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and she was wearing a floor-length silk floral robe, that gave her a look of elegance and yet simplicity at the same time. 

I had to admit, before I met her, I'd had a stereotypical view of her: only daughter/sister, youngest sibling, of a very wealthy family. I had not had good experiences with rich girls. I still remember the days I was bullied by some of them while I was studying nursing. I had gotten a scholarship to one of Lahore's top universities for nursing, and my experience had not been pleasant (excluding the actual education). Rich girls (and boys) had made life miserable for me, simply for my appearance and my dressing style. So yes, my heart had pounded just a little bit harder with fear at the idea of being a Bhabi to one of the Mean Girls wannabes from university. 

But everything Arhaan had told me about her was a hundred percent accurate, and not exaggerated at all. She was a sweetheart, Ma Sha Allah. 

Arhaan was at the mosque, so I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs. As I pulled open the back door, the freshness of the morning air made me stop for a moment. This time of the day was incredibly beautiful. The sky was just shifting from a darker shade of blue to a lighter one, with various colours splashed across the horizon as a sign of the rising sun. The air was cool, but not cold, and as I inhaled, I smelled freshly mowed grass and coffee. 

"Unki khayalon main khoyi huyi ho?" I teased, walking up beside my Nand.

*"Are you lost in his thoughts?"

She jumped slightly, startled and turned to face me. After composing herself, she smiled. "Assalam Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam." I nodded towards the mug in her hands, that was emanating a strong smell of coffee. "Not planning on going back to sleep?" 

 Her cheeks turned pink and she shook her head. "This is going to sound unusual, laikin Fajr main mujhe kuch zayada hi yaad aatein hain Fawad, chahe kaam pe hi kyun na hon woh."

*"...but I miss Fawad a little too much during Fajr, even if he's at work."

"Koi khaas wajah?" I asked. 

*"Any particular reason?"

She shrugged. "Maine na bhi namaz padhni ho, to meri aankh hamesha khul jaati hai jab woh Fajr ke liye tayar ho rahe hote hain. Jab woh zayada thake hote hain to ghar pe hi padhtay hain, aur unhain namaaz padhta hua dekh kar kuch bohat see khoobsurat feeling mehsoos hoti hai jo main bayan bhi nahin karsakti."

*"Even if I don't have to pray, I always wake up when he is getting ready for Fajr. When he is too tired, he prays at home, and watching him pray gives me such a beautiful feeling that I can't even express in words."
In Islam when a woman is on her periods, or after childbirth, she is exempt from praying, fasting and reciting the Quran. That's because the wudhu (ablution) isn't valid in this state, and therefore none of the abovementioned activities are valid. Fasting, as such, is invalid because praying is an essential part of fasting. If anyone has anything to add to this, don't hesitate to comment here. 

"Khuda se jise mohabbat ho, us say mohabbat kaise na ho?" I smiled, staring up at the sky. Birds chirped around us, adding to the beauty of the atmosphere.

*"Who can we not love someone who loves God?"

She looked at me surprised. "Is that a Nazia Arhaan original? Ma Sha Allah." 

"It's an Arhaan Sheikh original actually. I stole this from him." It was my turn to blush. "We were just randomly talking about what we had felt were ideal partners, and we both mentioned people who were dedicated to Allah, and he just whispered this words almost absent-mindedly."

"To baat mohabbat tak pohanch gayi hai?" Jasmina teased me with a cheeky grin.

*"So now it's reached the point of love?"

I glanced down at the ground, unable to meet her gaze. "Abhi nahin. Laikin, uski bunyad ban rahi hai, aur woh bhi mazboot."

*"Not yet. But the foundation is being built, and a strong one."

"Ma Sha Allah. May Allah give you both a lifetime of happiness together. Ameen." Her words were sincere, as was the happiness in her eyes. In the short period of time, I had seen Jasmina's love for her brothers, and it warmed my heart. A sibling bond should always remain strong and intact. 

"Ameen." I walked over to sit on one of the garden chairs, and she sat on the one opposite me, across the table. 

"Coffee for you?" She asked.

"No, I'm just going to sleep in a short while, but thanks." 

"Bhabi, you and Bhai should go out today." She suggested, a little hesitantly, as if she was worried about my reaction. "I can manage Hania and Iman today, but you guys were meant to be on your honeymoon right now. Go sightseeing, or do any couple stuff together." 

"Jasmina, I have noticed you struggle, even when we're around. I know that you've had a difficult childbirth with Iman, and even though I don't know your exact condition, as a nurse I know that your body needs a long time to recover. It's not easy with a newborn and a toddler. Let us help you for now, and if Allah wills, we'll get plenty of other holidays. But our priority is, and always will be, family, I promise you that." 

She looked emotional. "Those words mean a lot to me. You can't even imagine." 

"They're not just words. I actually am speaking from my heart." I reached out and squeezed her hand.

"Nand-Bhabi bonding, huh?" Arhaan's voice made me look up. He was walking towards us, looking happy as he looked at both of us in turn. "Ma Sha Allah! What a beautiful way to begin the day." He sat down on the third chair beside me.

"Aaj dair hogayi waapis aate huay?" I asked, before laughing. "Naya dost bana liya masjid main?" 

*"You're a little late coming back today?"
"You made a new friend in the mosque?"

"Nahin, Naz, purane dost se baatein kar raha tha, ghar ke bahar." He gestured with his thumb towards the front of the house. "Aaj sahi baat hui hai Fawad se."

*"No, Naz, I was speaking to an old friend outside the house."
"I finally got to talk properly with Fawad today." 

"Fawad se baat hui? Kya keh rahe thay?" Jasmina sat up, eyes wide.

*"You spoke to Fawad? What was he saying?"

 "Woh to do doston ka raaz hai, meri behan. Aur tum kyun aise behave kar rahi ho jaise saalon se us say baat nahin ki?" Arhaan chuckled.

*"That's a secret between two friends, my sister. And why are you behaving like you haven't spoken to him in years?"

"Main jaaon gi na kuch arse ke liye maikay, tab yeh bolna." I lightly slapped his arm. 

*"When I go to my parents' house to stay for a while, then ask this."

"Garmi chad gayi hai tumhare shohar ko lagta hai. Bol raha tha ke card chodha hai usne yaahan agar kisi bi cheez ki zaroorat ho. Gaddha!" Arhaan spoke fondly, shaking his head.

*"Heat's gotten to your husband's mind. He was saying that he had left a card here, if we need anything. Donkey!"

"Astaghfirullah, Arhaan! Behnoyi hain aap ke!" I lightly told him off.

*"He's your sister's husband!"

But Jasmina was giggling. "Mujhe lagta hai kabhi kabar ke Fawad inke Bhai hain asal main, aur main sirf inki Bhabi.

*"Sometimes I feel like Fawad is really his brother, and I am just his sister-in-law."

"Fair enough, then I can be your sister and Arhaan can be your behnoyi." I winked at Jasmina and raised my hand in a high-five.

She laughed and slapped my hand, enthusiastically. 

My eyes landed on Arhaan, and I saw a small, pleased smile on his face as he watched our interaction. I wondered how long he had craved to see his family get along for. 

May Allah always keep you happy, Arhaan. Ameen.

****

Zoya

"I'm what?" I blinked in surprise. This couldn't be real. I was not expecting this.

Pinch yourself. I did so and winced. Instead of waking up in bed next to Ahad, disappointed, I remained seated in front of Dr Khan as she told me that I was five weeks pregnant.

I am having a baby.

Ahad and I will be parents, In Sha Allah.

As the doctor began to give me advice and booklets on pregnancy, stage by stage, I just sat there and felt like I was watching someone else's life, rather than living my own. Yes, I had faith in Allah, but somewhere, in a dark corner of my mind, I had felt hopeless. I had started to let go of the idea that I could ever be a mother. 

How is that faith in Allah when a part of you felt hopeless?

"You are smart, educated, so I don't think I need to tell you that the first trimester is the one where you have to take extra precautions." Dr Khan's words brought me back to reality. "Look after yourself in every way possible, mentally as well as physically. I'm going to schedule your appointments with me, and I would suggest that you bring your husband in to the next appointment."

My husband.

Ahad.

How is he going to react? He was wonderful, so amazing with his nephews and niece, so how would he be with his own child? 

I groaned internally as I realised that I needed to come up with a unique Zoya-Ahad way of breaking the news to him. But how would I do that?

*In the previous chapter, right at the end where I wrote that 'Zoya's beautiful treatment towards kids has led her to her deeply yearned rewards', MehweenGR and @shraddhakim wrote their 'khayali pillao', regarding this announcement. Do check it out!

What was the best way to tell Ahad that he was about to be promoted on a whole new level?

****

Zafar

"Did you hit him mercilessly?" Fariha asked me, biting her lower lip, as she sat beside me on the charpai in the veranda as I ate dinner. 

"Fari, please, don't show compassion or sympathy for that..."

"I'm not. I'm just confirming so that I can gloat about it." She shrugged, nonchalantly.

"That's a new one." I looked up at her surprised as I dipped roti into daal and ate it. "Fariha Zafar not feeling sorry for someone." I smiled fondly at her.

"I'm human, Zafar. After what he put me through..." She glanced down at her lap, where she was fidgeting with her fingers. 

I froze, as something occurred to me. "Fariha, can I ask you something?" 

"Go ahead. You don't need my permission." 

"Maara to nahin usne kabhi tumhain?" I looked directly at her as I asked her that, trying to reassure her with the expression on my face that she could reply honestly to me. After seeing my little sister being embarrassed for being harassed, I wanted to reassure the ladies in my family that they would always have my full support, as long as they were genuinely not in the wrong. Being harassed or abused was nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, in Fariha's case, I felt that it made her an even stronger woman for fighting through all that to be where she was today.

*"He never hit you, did he?"

She shook her head, but her aversion of my gaze was the real answer.

"Kabhi bataya nahin Ammi aur Papa, ya Bhai ko?" I asked, softly.

*"You never told your parents, or brother?"

"He slapped me, or pushed me..." She whispered. "And no, I didn't tell them because initially I felt like I loved Umair too much for him to get in trouble, and then after my sons were born, for their sake I remained with their father. I felt it was normal, Zafar. I thought that's how life was for a woman who went against the best advice of her family to choose a wrong life partner, but I was wrong. And, to be honest, your sisters made me realise that. Mahnoor and Dua are so special to me, and I would never want them to tolerate what I had tolerated with Umair." 

"He slapped you?!" 

Both Fariha and I looked up, shocked, and saw Saad standing at the edge of the veranda, his jaw dropped open.

"Saad..." Fariha gasped. "What are you doing up?"

Bursting into tears, Saad rushed up to her and threw his arms around her. "I'm sorry, Mamma. I didn't know he was so mean!" 

"Saad, meri jaan." Fariha wrapped her arms around his shaking body. 

"I hate him!" Saad sobbed. "How could he hurt my Mamma?" 

"Saad, it's okay, beta." I reached out and patted his back. "He'll never hurt anyone again." 

Saad pulled away from his mother and to my surprise, he threw his arms around me now. "I'm sorry, Zafar Papa. I was so mean to you!" 

"It's okay, beta." I told him, softly. "And don't worry okay. I promise I won't let anyone hurt your Mamma, or any one of you ever again."

No matter how a child is, how much he is manipulated, it's a natural feeling for them to be protective of their mother. I know many cases in our extended family where children have sided with their mothers if they had witnessed an argument between their parents, or even cases where they had supported their mother when she was being mistreated by her mother-in-law (the kids' Dadi). 

"I'll take care of you, Mamma, like a superhero." Saad wiped his wet cheeks with the backs of his hands, after he pulled away from me.

"I feel safe with you around, baby." Fariha kissed his forehead, cupping his face with her hands.

This was a very good sign. I really hoped that our boy came back to the right side now.

****

I went to the police station the next day when I was called into Mr Butt's office. It was easy to forget now that he was still my boss, and not just my sister's father-in-law. "Sir, aap aa gaye waapis Faisalabad se? Sab khairiyat?"

*"Sir, you have returned from Faisalabad? Is all well?" 

He nodded. "Alhumdulillah, nothing to worry about." He gestured for me to take a seat. "In fact, I was brought back to Lahore by an important news." 

I sat down on the seat across the desk from him. 

"I received a call from one of my bosses, and I was reminded that the government's Sitara-e-Qaum scheme is about to be announced." He spoke, lacing his fingers together under his chin as he stared at me in a scrutinising manner.

The Sitara-e-Quam*, meaning Star of the Nation/Population, were prestigious government awards, awarded to brave or courageous people, including an average person who had done something big and brave, by the government of Pakistan itself. The award itself is presented in Islamabad. 

*Completely made up award. I tried to base it on genuine awards, and I tried to be clever with the name. 

"But, Sir, what do I have to do with this?" I was confused.

"Your name has been nominated by my bosses, for your quick response and actions during the riots." He smiled. "I wasn't involved in this, so don't think this is biased. But you were noticed by a lot of top people for your actions during the riot. Plus, your clean records, and your fight against bribery is worthy of praise. You have been nominated for the award." 

"I..." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Sir, I have no idea what to say. I'm humbled, but I don't think I deserve it. There are far more deserving people." 

"Well, someone in the government thinks you deserve it." He looked proud. "I can't believe that a police officer from my own station will be receiving it." 

"It can't be me." I was in shock. "I'm just an average policeman."

"You are honest, hardworking and fair, you deserve it." He said. "Tumhari imandari aur bahaduri ka nateeja hai. Allah ki taraf se inaam."

*"This is the result of your honesty and bravery. A reward from Allah." 

Umair was in jail, Saad was coming back to us and now this reward. Alhumdulillah. 

He stood up and held out his hand. "Congratulations, Zafar. You truly deserve it." 

I stood up as well and shook his hand. "Thank you." 

"Just keep one thing in mind, Zafar." He said. "Do not beat up anymore people in our custody the way you beat up that Umair guy. I know you were justified, but don't repeat it. Let the law deal with him." He said it in a light-hearted way, but I knew that it was an informal warning. On one hand, I was nominated for a national award, and on the other hand I had displeased my boss. 

"Sorry, Sir. I'll try not to go near him, or else I won't be able to obey your orders." I kept my tone light hearted as well, but the truth was that if I was left in a room alone with Umair, I would kill him.

****

When I got home with chocolate cake from a bakery, I was met at the gate by Saad, who got excited to see the dessert in the bag in my hand.

"Assalam Alaikum! Is this for us?" He asked, happily.

"Walaikum Assalam! Who else would it be for?" I headed through the veranda to the kitchen, where Mahnoor and Fariha were laughing and talking as they made dinner. 

They both greeted me as I handed my sister the bag. 

"What's this for?" Fari asked me, curiously.

"Come with me. I have an announcement to make." I grinned. I made a stop to the bathroom to wash my hands, before heading into the living room.

It was now a pleasant weather, with cloudy skies and light drizzle. My parents were sitting in the living room, and the normally hot room was made cool by the air flowing in through the open door.  Everyone followed me, and Saad went to call Omar.

Ammi Jaan was sitting on the sofa, with Zaid lying beside her. After greeting her and Baba Jaan, I picked up Zaid and sat down where he had been. 

"Beta, aaj jaldi aagaye ho aap? Keh rahe thay dair ho jaye gi aap ko." Ammi Jaan asked. 

*"Dear, you are early today? You said that you would be late."

"Boss ne jaldi chuti de di." I waited until the whole family was present in the room. "Mujhe Sitara-e-Qaum ke liye nominate kiya gaya hai."

*"The boss let me off early today."
"I have been nominated for Sitara-e-Qaum." 

"Ma Sha Allah!" Everyone seemed to gasp out. Similar happiness spread across their faces, and Ammi Jaan's eyes filled up, as well as Fariha's.

"What's that?" Saad looked curious.

"It's an award to reward bravery." Mahnoor explained to him. 

"You really are a superhero, Ma Sha Allah." Omar exclaimed happily.

"It's nothing like that." I felt my cheeks warm up and I shook my head. "I wouldn't even win, most likely. I have done nothing compared to what others have done around the country." 

"Your modesty deserves a reward itself." Fariha rolled her eyes. "Zafar, you saved Bhai's life during the riots, as well as fought bravely in a terrifying situation."

"I was just doing my job, Fariha." 

"Well, life-risking jobs are appreciated. It's not a small thing to be willing to sacrifice your life to protect others." Fariha argued.

"Fariha is right." Ammi Jaan said. "Chup karo aur kabool karo ke mera pyara beta bahadur hai."

*"Shut up and accept that my lovely son is brave." 

"Acha, main cake laya hoon. Khane ke baad khayain ge."  I said. 

*"Okay, I have bought cake. We'll eat after dinner."

Saad was talking to Mahnoor about something now. I could tell that he was trying to make an effort to get along with everyone, which was well appreciated. The little boy had been shaken by the revelation of his father being an abusive pr**k towards his mother. Fariha and I hadn't wanted him or Omar to find out the truth, but I suppose this had helped Saad come back to the right path, so it had been beneficial for him to hear. 

Saad's effort to create new bonds with my family was not just pleasing me, but I could tell by Fariha's expressions that it had warmed her heart as well.

Gradually, things were improving for us. Alhumdulillah.

****

Fawad

"Ma Sha Allah, bohat pyari hai." Ammi smiled as she looked at Iman's photos.

*"Ma Sha Allah, she is very beautiful."

It was a few days later, and Ammi had come home. She was currently sitting on the sofa in her bedroom, and had asked me to show her photos of Iman.

"Abhi se hi bohat shararti hai, Ma Sha Allah." I told her. "Zara sa usay pata chalta hai ke Maa araam kar rahi hai, uski whining shuru ho jaati hai."

*"She's already very cheeky, Ma Sha Allah."
"The moment she realises that her mother is about to rest, she starts whining."

"Tumhari aulaad hai. Maa ko to tang karegi hi." Ammi lightly slapped my cheek as I sat beside her.

*"She's your child. Of course she will trouble her mother." 

"Bonding sahi ho rahi hai uski aur Jasmina ki? Aur uski aur Hania ki?" Ammi looked concerned.

*"Is she bonding well with Jasmina? And with Hania?" 

"Yes, Alhumdulillah, that has not been an issue." 

Ammi nodded, approvingly.

"Ammi, I have spoken to Papa." I said. "And I have also spoken your doctor. He's going to give you a fit for travel note after a complete check up, and you will come back to London with me in a few days. Kuch arse aap hamare saath rahain gi. Papa bhi chakar lagate rahain ge, laikin unke kaam ka masla hai, warna main unhain bhi saath le jaata."

*You'll stay with us for a while. Papa will keep visiting as well, but he has work, otherwise I would have taken him along as well."

I had already offered them both to move in with me permanently, but Papa had refused flat-out. He was happy here, and he wanted to spend his post-retirement life in Pakistan. 

"Main tumhare Papa ko akela chodh kar kaise aa sakti hoon, beta?"

*"How can I leave your Papa alone and come?" 

"Ammi, unhain yeh fikar hai ke aap akeli hongi jab woh kaam pe jaayain gay, agar aap yahaan rahin. Wahan main kaam pe bhi hoon, to Mina aur bachiyan to hain hi.

*"Ammi, he is worried that you will be alone here when he's at work, if you stay here. There, even if I'm at work, Mina and the girls are there." 

Ammi looked thoughtful. "I would love to spend some time with Hania and Iman." 

"Then it's decided." I said. "You are coming to London with me." 

"Wait." She held up a hand. "Ask Jasmina first. Ghar hai uska, us ke saath baat karo, mashwara karo, phir decide karna."

*"It's her house, talk to her, discuss this with her and then decide."

"Ammi, woh mere decisions main mere saath hi hoti hai, khaas kar family ke mamlay main..." 

*"Ammi, she supports my decisions, especially related to family."

"I'm not denying that, beta. But she's your wife, and just talk to her, at least out of respect." She said. "I know very well that Jasmina won't say no, but she'll feel good that you gave her that regard. Puray ghar ki zimaydari us pay hai, to haq to banta hai uska ke usay pata ho ke uski Saas rehne aarahi hai."

*"She's responsible for the whole house (household duties), so she has a right to know that her mother-in-law is come to stay."

"Mujhe yakeen hi nahin aaraha ke aap wohi Saas hain, woh daroni wali." I chuckled.

*"I can't believe you're the same mother-in-law, the scary one."

"Chup kar, badmash!" She laughed as well. 

*"Hush, you cheeky boy!"

I couldn't wait her to be reunited with my family again. Her presence in my home would bring nothing but blessings, as the buzurg (elderly) are huge blessings. I would be honoured to serve my mother full-time, and so would Jasmina, as far as I knew her. 

"Mujhe ab intezaar hai us ghadi ka jab main pehli baar apni Iman se miloongi!" Ammi looked emotional. 

*"I can't wait to meet my Iman for the first time!"

"In Sha Allah." I said. "And prepare to follow a strict diet which Mina and I will monitor ourselves. No more negligence towards your health." 

"Koi nahin. Meri bahu mera saath de gi." Her eyes sparkled with amusement.

*"Never mind. My daughter-in-law will support me." 

"Ammi, woh madam khud strict diet par hai." I laughed. "Woh kya saath de gi aap ka? Aap sab pe nazar mujhe khud hi rakhni padhay gi, lagta hai."

*"Ammi, that madam herself is on a strict diet."
"How will she support me? I guess I'll have to keep an eye on all of you myself."

I felt a sense of relief knowing that Ammi was coming with me. 

"Bus Jasmina ko strictly keh dena ke koi khidmat ya takaluf ki zaroorat nahin hai. Balke main uska khayal rakhoon gi." Ammi said.

*"Just tell Jasmina strictly not to be formal or serve me. In fact, I will take care of her." 

"You both will rest. I will make an arrangement where you both will be looked after." I said, firmly.

I just hoped that Ammi's stay with me and my family went well. 

****

Ahad

Zoya had been acting distant, and was very quiet. I had no idea what was wrong with her, but it almost seemed like she was avoiding me. If my leg wasn't broken, I would have chased after her and found out what the issue was, but she didn't stay in the room I was in for too long.

"Zoya!" I called out as she rushed into the room after work one day, looking exhausted.

She looked up at me. "Assalam Alaikum." She said, distractedly. "Did you take your medicines?" 

"Walaikum Assalam. Not yet, but..."

"Ahad, why do you behave like a child?" She sighed, walking into the bathroom to wash her hands, before coming back out and walking over to the bedside table.

She took the tablets out and handed them over to me, with a glass of water that was resting on my bedside table for this very purpose.

"What's going on with you?" I asked her. "You seem irritated." 

"If you fail to take your medicines, of course I'll be irritated." She looked at me. "You'll be asleep for the next few hours because of these. Have you had a proper meal at least?" 

"Yes, Ammi fed me forcefully." 

"Good." She stood there staring at me for a few seconds, with a strange expression on her face.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Get some sleep, Ahad. We'll talk later." She turned to walk away.

Feeling pain increase in my leg, I quickly took the medicines, and soon sleep took me far away into Dreamland.

****

When I woke up, the room was dark, but I could see dim light coming from somewhere near the foot of the bed. Groaning, I leaned up on my right arm and looked in that direction. "What the...?" 

The table underneath the plasma TV had two candles on it. A poster hung on the wall between the TV and the table, of a couple riding a bike into the sunset. On the table itself lay something dark, and I squinted to see clearly. I reached forward to turn on the bedside table lamp and turned to look again.

On the table beneath the TV were a pair of baby sized biker boots, and as I raised myself up with difficulty, I saw a toddler-sized motorcycle resting by the table, exactly my style.

"Are these for Ibrahim and Ismael?" I wondered out loud.

The door opened and Zoya entered, dressed in her typical 'biker girl' outfit: black skinny jeans, a loose white shirt and a black leather jacket, along with her typical needle-heel boots, as I called them. 

"This are adorable. Bhai's boys will look so cute and rebellious. Ma Sha Allah." I smiled at the image.

"You are so clueless that I wonder how you became a doctor." She rolled her eyes and took off her jacket, giving me a clear glimpse of the words written on her white shirt: Riding Into Your Life Soon. A down arrow pointed towards her stomach.

"What does...what are you...? Zoya! What...?" I was lost for words. "Shut up!"

"That's a strange reaction, but I will forgive you because you're in shock." She grinned.

She walked over to the table and picked up a folded black item from beside the biker boots and unfolded it to show me that it was a baby-sized leather jacket. "Little Biker is on its way, In Sha Allah." 

"What are you saying?" My brain still wasn't registering anything. 

She smacked her palm against her forehead, before walking over to the bed and sitting down facing me. "I'm saying that these particular items do belong to a Sheikh kid, but not Ismael and Ibrahim. Dr Ahad Sheikh, jaisa aapne apne Maa Baa ko tang kiya hai na, unka badla laina wala koi aanay wala, ya aanay wali hai, In Sha Allah."

*"Dr Ahad Sheikh, the way you troubled your parents, someone is coming to avenge them, In Sha Allah."

"Kya matlab?" My mind had stopped working completely. It seemed to be on strike or something. Shock had rendered it useless. 

*"What do you mean?" 

"Ahad!" She lightly punched me on the chest, frustrated. "Baap to ban rahe hain laikin samajhdari abhi tak nahin aayi!"

*"You're about to be a father, but you're still not sensible!"

"What?" I blinked. "I'm about to be father? Zoya, you're pregnant?!" 

****

Ahad's full reaction will be in the next chapter. Sorry, guys. I just had a lot of things to do so I couldn't focus on writing.

Zoya took a lot of effort to announce her pregnancy to him, using his medicine-induced sleep to set everything up. I'm sorry if it was a little disappointing, but I'm tired of planning out special surprises lol.

Aww, Zafar is nominated for an honourable award.

Jasmina's bonding with her Bhabi is developing greatly.

How do you think Fatima's stay with Fawad and Mina will go? Will there be more drama?

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.6K 29
She was his from the start ✨. She was an angel protected by a devil 🌼. No one can harm her not even him 👀. His love, obsession, strength, weakness...
205K 12.5K 71
***Book 3 of the For Our Love series. Not a standalone novel*** Hania: Sweet, awkward, shy and the protected child of her family. She's perfectly con...
133K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind