Omega (TaeKook)

By 22moon_girl97

Taehyung was one of the rare kind, a trueblood. When he returned to his pack, the last thing he expected to... More

PART I.
× one ×
× two ×
× three ×
× four ×
× five ×
× six ×
× seven ×
× eight ×
× nine ×
× ten ×
× eleven ×
× twelve ×
× fourteen ×
× fifteen ×
PART II.
× sixteen ×
× seventeen ×
× eighteen ×
! nineteen !
× twenty ×
× twenty-one ×
× twenty-two ×
× twenty-three ×

× thirteen ×

275 10 2
By 22moon_girl97

Bang Sihyuk

×××

Taehyung didn't think this through.

He didn't think that dragging an unconscious Jungkook through the whole pack house and then the woods would be so hard. But Taehyung hadn't slept a wink in the last 12 hours nor he had been near food during this time. His body slowly started to give up.

He was trying his best to give the omega a piggy-back ride but Jungkook kept falling down, and at some point, Taehyung collapsed to the ground along with the younger.

They both landed on their backs, dry leaves crackling loudly under their bodies. Taehyung panted wearily, trying to regain his original breathing and not faint like Jungkook. 

He stared at the gray sky, bald branches of the towering trees cutting scenery into various shapes. Snow clouds gathered above them, Taehyung didn't want to be out when it would fell. 

He wondered if they were going to die here. Would they freeze or starve to death? Would they even get to that point? The most likely scenario was still that the Jeon pack would find them.

It was already surprising enough that they had managed to reach the forest. Thankfully, the Head Alpha's murder attempt diverted the attention of those few wolves who were in the hall, so it was easier for Taehyung to sneak out through the basement without any notice. 

In addition to the main entrance, plenty of doors led outside. Taehyung knew the place well enough to be apprised of which one was used the least, especially in such an early hour. 

All the way to the tiny exit next to the laundry room, they ran into no one. They were able to escape surprisingly easily.

He wouldn't have guessed that the difficult part was still ahead of them. But exhaustion eventually found his body too. 

He moved his head to the side and took in Jungkook's features. A relieved sigh slipped through his chapped lips as he saw the younger's chest was still heaving and falling in a steady state. 

Jin and Namjoon were right. Although Jungkook fainted from his bite, he definitely looked better. The nasty green lines disappeared from his skin and his face took on a healthier color. Taehyung could only hope that he would be able to take him to a safe place before his condition could worsen again. His bite still gaped like an open wound on his neck, in need of treatment.

"Just five more minutes," he told himself. Just five more minutes and they would go further. He just needed five more minutes to rest.

He moved his hand a little bit closer to his mate, his fingertips lightly brushing against the omega's velvety skin. 

He hadn't had time to think about it until now, but he was surprised to note that he hadn't experienced anything special since the bite. He thought that after marking, there would be some magical link between him and Jungkook. That they will get closer to each other. However, looking at the boy next to him, he just felt more distant than ever. 

Taehyung didn't understand anything. Why did Jungkook want to bring Hoseok with them? Why did the Head Alpha want to kill him? Why didn't Jungkook try to find him after he woke up in the infirmary?

All the answers laid in the young boy. Jungkook hinted more than once that Taehyung knew nothing. After all of this, Taehyung couldn't agree more. He really knew nothing.

But Jungkook did. Probably he was the only one who knew what was going on.

Still keeping his gaze on the curve of his cute button nose, Taehyung sighed again. He wanted to know everything too.

He gathered all his strength and pulled himself up in a sitting position. They needed to go further. 

He looked around, taking in his surroundings. They were in an unattached forest of Busan. No pack ruled over this land, they were safe. Temporarily. 

Taehyung was aware of the laws. He committed a crime against a pack leader, so if the pack decides they want to punish him - which was more than likely - not even an independent territory could provide them security. He needed to come up with a plan soon.

Just as these thoughts formed in his head, the sound of approaching footsteps hit his ears. Taehyung's body stiffened, his senses sharpened. Listening intently, he was able to determine that the steps could belong to one, maximum of two people. 

They were quick. Taehyung could hear the withered leaves weeping bitterly under the weight. By the time Taehyung blinked two, a black wolf stood in front of him. 

His thick fur gleamed brightly as the sunrays touched him. His eyes flashed in golden light as he slowly - passing by Taehyung - jogged towards Jungkook. The animal snuffed the omega before licking the boy's wound a few times, clearing the dried blood.

Recovering from the initial shock, Taehyung's lungs released the captivated air. He knew this wolf.

"Master," he whispered as he watched the wolf taking care of the injured omega. He totally avoided Taehyung, acting like the boy wasn't even there.

The wolf nudged Jungkook's arm with his nose but the omega didn't show any reactions. A pair of angry golden eyes shot up to glare at Taehyung. He flashed his white fangs as he growled at the boy as if he hadn't spent the last eight years of his life locked up with him. 

Bang Sihyuk should have known that Taehyung wouldn't hurt Jungkook intentionally.

"We need your help," Taehyung stated the obvious, deciding to forget about the glare, even though it hurt a little bit.

The wolf shook his head before he poked Jungkook's side again. The boy understood what he wanted and stood up. He lifted up Jungkook's limp body and carefully placed him on the wolf's back. When the animal made sure Jungkook was secured, he started to jog towards his cabin, not looking back to check whether Taehyung followed him or not.

He probably didn't care. He was too worried about Jungkook to think about the other boy.

Taehyung didn't need guidance, anyway. He knew where to find the small wooden cottage. He knew this forest just like the back of his hand. 

By the time he got there, his master was already back in his human form and Jungkook was already laying on the couch in the living room. The furniture was the most uncomfortable settee he ever placed his butt on but he had to admit it was better than the cold ground.

He hadn't even set his foot in the house when his master shoved him roughly away and ran towards Jungkook with a bowl of water, a rag, and a jar of dubious-looking ointment. 

The man kneeled down beside Jungkook, wetting the rag and cleaning up the remaining blood from his neck. Taehyung also went closer to them, resting his booty on the armrest as he watched how his master treated Jungkook's injury. Maybe because he already claimed the omega or maybe because he knew his master wouldn't hurt Jungkook, but he felt calm. He wasn't jealous. Maybe the marking did have some effect on him, even if he didn't realize it.

The old trueblood kept murmuring curses under his breath as he applied the ointment on Jungkook's neck before covering it up with a huge leaf. Taehyung has seen him doing this several times when he got hurt, the alpha knew what he was doing.

"This is not the right way how you supposed to treat an omega," the man snapped after he finished with Jungkook's wound. He stood up and sent a scolding glare to Taehyung.

The man hadn't changed anything during these three months. He was still the same short and stocky hermit who liked to keep to himself but could surprisingly talk a lot when if it was about criticizing Taehyung. His circular glasses were still slightly crooked and he still had a horrible hairstyle. He was still the same and that fact pulled Taehyung's lips into a tiny smile for some reason.

"Omegas should be cherished. They are fragile flowers who should be protected."

Taehyung was pretty sure if Jungkook were to hear that, he would have kicked the man's ass for saying that. He decided to keep this information to himself and instead, he watched the man going back to the kitchen. "Aren't you going to ask me what happened?"

His master put away his stuff as he spoke. He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care."

Of course, Taehyung rolled his eyes. There were limited things that interested the old trueblood; herbariums, haikus, and in the present, Jungkook. 

Taehyung moved his gaze back to his mate who was peacefully sleeping on the couch. 

"Don't worry," he heard Bang Sihyuk's voice behind himself. "Fainting is a typical side effect of marking, especially for omegas. A bite is a huge exertion to their bodies. But he will wake up with time."

Taehyung just nodded, his eyes not leaving Jungkook's porcelain skin. "Staying by his side would help him. Mates strengthen each other."

It felt weird to think Jungkook was his mate even though the wound on the boy's neck clearly declared that. He got down on his knees, close to the omega's head, and grabbed the boy's hand into his own palm, gently stroking Jungkook's silky skin. 

He was so beautiful as he laid in a peaceful slumber on that dilapidated sofa. Taehyung hoped he was having a nice dream because reality was truly terrifying. 

Taehyung had no plans. He didn't know what had happened and he had even less idea what was going to happen next. Will they have to spend the rest of their life in a run? Will that be enough for Jungkook?

"I'm going out to get some food," the man said but Taehyung hardly paid any attention to him. 

Hunger and exhaustion were all nothing to the anxiety that tormented him because of Jungkook. He just nodded but his eyes never left the young boy's white face, eagerly waiting for him to finally open his eyes.

Taehyung couldn't remember precisely how long it had taken for the boy's hand to twitch softly. After a soft moan, he slowly fluttered his eyes open, his long eyelashes dancing in the dusty air like butterflies. 

Maybe it took hours for him to wake up, maybe it was just a couple of minutes. Taehyung wasn't sure, he completely lost track of time.

"Jungkook!" he jumped up in his seat. His head that rested on the edge of the sofa, now jerked up to get a better look at the pale boy.

Jungkook continued to lie motionless, in the same position in which the old trueblood had placed him. The only difference was that his black doe eyes were no longer hidden by his eyelids. The boy blinked around a little sleepily and perhaps confused, slowly taking in his surroundings.

"How are you feeling? Are you all right?" Taehyung got up on his knees again and leaned closer to him. Jungkook's eyes finally settled on him, no emotion visible in his endless dark orbs.

He licked his dry lips before asking in a crackly voice. "Where am I?"

"In a safe place," Taehyung assured him, rubbing his thumb over the boy's knuckles a few more times. It was a movement he got comfortable with as he was doing this until the very last second before Jungkook woke up. 

It certainly wasn't a good enough answer for the boy because he ran his eyes around the dusty cottage again, not hiding the doubtful glare on his face. He kept looking around as if he was trying to figure out where he was. 

"We are at Bang Sihyuk's home," Taehyung gave in.

Jungkook visibly calmed down at that, nodding. He stretched his arms out and Taehyung understood immediately what he was asking for. The trueblood stood up and helped Jungkook to sit up on the couch. Then, he also sat down beside him.

Once the omega was in a vertical position, he spoke up. "What happened?"

Well, this was the part Taehyung didn't wait. He coughed awkwardly before sticking his gaze to Jungkook's neck. "I... um... I... kinda... Marked you?"

The omega stared at him without blinking. He brought his hand up to his neck and gently touched the leaf that capped his wound. He winced, his face turning into a painful grimace. 

"I didn't die," he concluded and Taehyung nodded. "My mark saved you."

Jungkook didn't question why Taehyung's mark healed him just like he never questioned whether Taehyung really was his fated mate. He just nodded and accepted the fact like he knew the older boy wouldn't lie to him.

"Thank you," he whispered, looking down at his lap. "The others...?"

Jungkook didn't say directly but Taehyung knew he was asking about Hoseok.

The trueblood sealed his lips together before slowly shaking his head. He didn't want to say it.

Jungkook's reaction broke Taehyung's heart. The boy's shoulders slumped and his dull face became even more empty. Looking at the pitiful omega, Taehyung suddenly wouldn't have minded marrying Hoseok as well if that made Jungkook smile again.

He wished he could have saved the other alpha too. Sadly, getting Jungkook out of that place in one peace was already hard enough. He wouldn't have been able to handle Hoseok as well.

A small silence followed. Quite an awkward one as neither of them knew how to start the upcoming conversation. All the unspoken questions and concerns hung up above their heads as invisible bogies. 

Taehyung was the first one who broke, not being able to endure the nescience. 

"Kook..." he trailed off, a little bit uncertain. He knew it wouldn't be a pleasing topic but he needed to know. 'What happened? Why did the Head Alpha do that?"

Jungkook didn't look surprised. He looked like he had been waiting for this question. He slowly lifted his gaze from his lap and focused his hollow eyes on Taehyung. There was something concerning about how Jungkook didn't show his emotions. Almost never, as if he didn't even have any. As if Jungkook was just an empty puppet, no soul planted inside his body. It was a bit creepy.

Instead of answering, Jungkook chose the long way again. Annoying Taehyung to the fullest that he couldn't even once leave behind his stupid enigmas and answer a question straight. "Do you know why they hate omegas?"

Taehyung bit back a groan. He almost rolled his eyes. He just wanted to know the truth, didn't want to play Jungkook's silly games. But in the end, he answered nonetheless. "Because they are weak."

Jungkook shook his head. "No, because they are afraid of them."

Taehyung didn't expect that answer. From an early age, the Jeon pack taught him that omegas are weak and only hinder humanity. They didn't seem to be afraid of omegas.

Jungkook saw the other's confused look and explained. "Alphas go crazy for omegas. That's just their nature. They would do anything to please us. It is a common misconception that alphas dominate the world. It's not true. It's the omegas behind them, controlling over them. My dad knew this. And he was afraid I would turn his whole pack against him."

Taehyung's mouth fell in surprise. As he thought about it, he realized that it actually made sense. He also would have done anything he could to make Jungkook happy. He could relate. If an omega learns how to control alphas they could be invincible.

Just a single glance at the old hermit strengthened that theory as well. Band Sihyuk was also whipped for Jungkook even though he didn't even know the boy.

Jungkook put his tiny hand on Taehyung's tight, gaining his attention. "The same's true of you. You're a trueblood. He was afraid of you so he wanted to-"

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Three explicit knocks choked the word into the boy. They both flipped their heads towards the door before sharing a scared look. 

Could the pack found them so soon?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 4.6K 32
[Complete] Where Jungkook doesn't want a mate and where Taehyung is waiting for his mate since little because of his parents. So what will happen? bo...
908K 32K 34
Completed 🔞Lots and Lots of smut🔞 💜 Jungkook and Taehyung are mates. However, their packs are enemy packs. Taehyung is pretending to be an alpha a...
234K 11K 61
Jungkook and Taehyung have been friends as long as they can remember, and being in the different ranks was never an issue. Until one of the two get...