Angelfall (Skyfall #2)

By marcyswales17

"Oh what an adventure it would be to die..." More

Ch.1 Lover
Ch.2 Play Along
Ch. Baklava
Ch. 4 Undress
Ch.5 Green with Envy
Ch.6 The Human Brain
Ch.8 Onions
Ch.9 Sounds
Ch.10 Good Girls
Ch.11 Play the System
Ch.12 All things nice
Ch.13 Little Fairy
Ch. 14 Take me home
CH.15 Gifts
Ch.16 Be Nice!
Ch.17 A family Effort
Ch.18 Ruby Red
Ch.19 Trust in me
Ch.20 Leave a message
Ch.21 No cream, one sugar
Ch.22 Autura
Ch.23 Bees and Honey
Ch.24 Just a drop
Ch.25 The night changes
Ch.26 And there she was...
Ch.27 Puzzle Pieces
Ch.28 Strangers
Ch. 29 Thunder
Ch.30 Vestal
Ch. 31 Clay Doll
Ch.32 Caveman
Ch. 33 Cry me a river
Ch.34 Introductions
Ch.35 Fresh start and flowers
Ch.36 Heart to heart
Ch. 37 Time out
Ch.38 Soul's Solace
Ch.39 Like it's your last day
Ch.40 Promises of Forever
Ch.41 Bath time
Epilogue

Ch. 7 Innocence

5.7K 571 187
By marcyswales17

Chapter 7

Nora's vision began to grow hazy. She could hear herself wheezing for air as she struggled with Kiara's hand around her throat. The harder she pushed, the tighter Kiara's grip grew.

The girl's eyes were glowing like headlights. Nora felt tears rise to her own eyes as her lungs screamed. Pressure began to build behind her eyes. Her arms felt funny and she wasn't sure if her feet were on the ground.

"Who are you?" Kiara asked, pulling Nora closer. Her voice was so calm and icy.

Nora wanted to answer her but she really couldn't.

"How do you know Killian?" Kiara asked.

All the fight slowly began to leave Nora's body. She witnessed the black spots in her vision before her eyelids began to shut.

Just then, a portal opened and Hayden ran out. His eyes narrowed as he spotted Kiara choking the life out of Nora. He barely had time to register the panic in his mind as he watched Kiara toss Nora's limp body onto the wet sand.

"Nora!" Hayden called to her as he flashed to her side and caught her body before she fell.

"Kiara!" Killian ran out of the portal.

Kiara looked up, her eyes still as golden as ever. For a split second it seemed as if she didn't recognize who he was. But as soon as the moment passed, anger clouded her eyes.

"You," Kiara said through her teeth.

"Kia..." Killian rushed up to her and grabbed her face.

Killian couldn't stop his hands from shaking. Kiara was dripping blood. Her hair had soaked up so much of the red liquid that her curls had fallen limp around her shoulders.

"Are you hurt?" Killian pulled her closer.

He desperately searched her face, neck, arm, shoulder. He needed to make sure she wasn't the one bleeding.

"Kia, answer me," Killian urged. "Are you hurt? How did you get here?"

"You didn't say anything."

"What?" Killian didn't hear her properly.

"You didn't say anything!" Kiara pushed him away and took a step back.

"Kia," Killian's heart began to race faster than it already was.

"I told you I liked you but you didn't say anything!" Kiara was crying.

Killian had no idea what she was going on about. All he could think about was the blood she was covered in and the fact that she was actually standing in front of him.

"Kiara," Killian said through his ragged breath. "Come here, please. Let me hold you."

"No!" Kiara yelled. "You broke my heart!"

"I'm sorry!" Killian took a step closer. "I'm so sorry, baby. But we can talk about all that once we get out of here. Please, let me just hold you."

"I..." Kiara suddenly looked around the empty beach. Ares and Clare had walked out of the portal and boats were beginning to drive up to the shore.

"Kiara..." Killian took cautious steps forward.

"I want to leave," Kiara's breathing labored. "I want to go home."

"Let me take you home," Killian begged. "Come here."

"Kiara," Posey's voice suddenly rang out on the beach.

Killian and Kiara turned as the queen of the underworld rushed forward with Tobias. The look of fear and relief in their eyes mirrored Killian. He tried to stop Posey from spooking Kiara but the woman wouldn't listen.

"Mom?" Kiara took a step forward.

"She wants me," Posey said to Killian. She didn't wait for him as she pushed him aside and ran up to Kiara.

"Mom," Kiara started to sob.

"Come here, little dove," Posey cried out. She pulled her daughter into her arms and kissed her head repeatedly.

Tobias wasn't far behind. He pulled both Posey and Kiara into his arms and sighed many breaths of relief. Killian drowned the jealousy in his chest as he noticed the way Tobias' face twisted and the tears that swam in his eyes.

"Tobias," Ares walked up to his uncle. "Take her back to the dome. Have the doctors check her over. Killian, go with them."

"You guys got this over here?" Tobias asked, looking at the sandy dunes that led into the island.

"We got it," Ares nodded.

Posey didn't wait around for anyone to say anything. She looked over her shoulder at Killian and called him over. Killian moved without hesitation. He picked up Kiara into his arms and turned towards the portal Clare had opened for them.

"She'll be okay," Clare whispered to Tobias as they passed her.

Tobias didn't speak. He vanished into the portal, leaving the beach for the rest of the crew to handle. Clare let out a long sigh and pushed her hair out of her face. She turned to look over at Ares when a small light caught the corner of her eyes.

"Hayden, no!"

Hayden's hand stilled. His eyes flickered up to Clare as she rushed towards him. Her eyes were wide open with horror.

"What are you doing?" she asked, kneeling on the sand and pulling Nora's unconscious body away from the boy.

"She's barely breathing," Hayden's eyes darkened. "Do you hear the way her lungs sound?"

"You can't heal her," Clare shook her head. "She's human. You'll kill her."

"I wasn't going to heal everything," Hayden said in his defense. "Just enough to get her to the hospital."

"Hayden," Clare shut her eyes, trying to control her temper. "Even I can't heal humans. They are not like us. Even the tiniest amount of energy from us and they'll die."

"Then give her to me," Hayden looked at Nora. "Let me take her back to the dome."

Clare didn't argue. She let Hayden scoop up Nora's tiny body and disappear through the portal just like the others.

"You okay, little dragon?" Ares walked up to her and pulled her to her feet.

Clare nodded.

"What's going on inside that head of your's?" Ares laughed, knowing the look on his wife's face.

"Something doesn't feel right," Clare looked around.

"What do you mean?"

"I.....I can't explain it. But I have this gut feeling," Clare's gray eyes scanned the long beach. "It's not over yet."

"Whatever it is," Ares stepped closer and kissed her forehead. "We can handle it."

"Yes..." Clare nodded.

"My men are already at the base," Ares looked over his shoulder. "They're waiting for us."

"Waiting for what?" Clare raised a brow.

"They want us to see something."

Clare groaned, "What now?"

"I don't know," Ares shrugged. "But let's go check it out."

Ares pulled Clare into his strong arms and summoned the light from Olympus. It was much quicker than opening a portal. At the speed of light, they flashed across the island and arrived at the manmade clearing.

As Ares and Clare walked up to join the men in red armor, their eyes first took in the massive size of the base in front of them. It didn't look as if the location was something that had been set up over night. This was years and years in the making.

Once they get past the size and the equipment, Ares' eyes feel on something else.

At first he had assumed that he was looking at sand bags, brought up to stop the water from rushing inland. But as he squinted and took a step forward, his eyes widened.

"Holy hell," Clare breathed out beside him. "What happened here?"

"Do you think...." Ares looked at the sea of bodies. "Do you think this was Kiara?"

______________________

Killian paced the halls as the doctors examined Kiara inside the room. Posey sat on the chairs in the waiting room as Tobias held her hand and pleaded with her to stay calm.

"Did you see her?" Posey asked, her voice cracking. Her eyes were filled with tears and the tip of her nose was as red as Rudolph. "There was so much blood, Tobias."

Killian flinched as the woman's words drove a sharp knife through his shaking heart. He could still smell the blood from Kiara's hair as he had passed her onto the doctors once they arrived back at the dome.

"What did they do to her?" Posey cried, looking at her husband and pleading for him to make the pain stop. "What did they do to my baby?"

"We don't know yet, my dove," Tobias lowered Posey's head to his shoulder. "But I promise you they will pay."

Just then, the door to the room opened and the doctor walked out. Tobias jumped to his feet as Killian appeared by his side. Posey held her breath as the man in the blue scrubs took off his mask.

"She's not physically hurt," he said. "Minor cuts and bruises. The blood wasn't her's."

Posey shut her eyes and said a small prayer. She was about to stand when the doctor spoke again.

"The baby is also fine."

Killian felt his heart stop. He wasn't sure what had happened but she suddenly felt Tobias holding his arm, keeping him steady on his feet. There was a loud ringing in his ears and a frightening rushing sound.

"The baby?" Posey's began to cry once more.

"Yes," the doctor nodded. "Kiara is pregnant. She's about 5 and half weeks along."

"Can we see her now?" Tobias asked. "Is she awake?"

"Just give the nurses a bit longer to finish cleaning up," the doctor checked his watch. "They should be done in a few minutes."

Tobias thanked the man and took a step back. He waited until the halls were empty to turn to look at the speechless boy beside him.

"Killian?"

Killian looked up, his eyes really not seeing Tobias.

"Kiara needs you right now," Tobias said. "More than ever."

Killian nodded. He felt his brain slowly settling down and reality falling on his shoulders.

"She loves you very much," Tobias said, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "She has loved you for a very long time now. But Killian I swear....if you hurt her..."

Killian's eyes snapped up to the god.

"She's the center of my universe," Tobias continued. "You almost broke her once. If you break her heart again -"

"Tobias!" Posey jumped to her feet. "This is not the time for this."

"I need him to understand how serious the situation is."

"He does," Posey came to Killian's rescue. "They're going to be just fine. My dove is strong."

Tobias slowly nodded. He ran a hand through his hair before taking in a deep breath and counting to ten in his head. When he opened his eyes once more, he caught Killian's gaze.

"You're going to be a father," Tobias said.

"I'm..." Killian felt his chest tighten once more. "I'm going to be a father."

"Jesus Christ," Tobias groaned as he tried to control his temper.

"Tobias," Posey warned her husband to keep calm.

"They're kids!" Tobias couldn't contain his emotions. "They haven't even graduated yet. They have college plans. Do you honestly think they are ready for a child right now?"

"No, but this is not the time for it," Posey said sternly. "We can deal with one bomb after another."

Killian needed to sit down. No, he needed to run and burn off the energy building up in his bones. No, he needed to hold Kiara.

We're having a baby, Killian couldn't stop thinking. Kiara.....me.....baby. A baby? Holy fuckin' Christ!

"Killian?"

"Yes?" Killian's eyes snapped up to Posey. He looked around and noticed the nurses walking out of Kiara's room. Killian jumped to his feet as a warm needy feeling blossomed in his chest.

"Come," Posey held out her hand. "Kiara is waiting."

Killian took a step forward and ushered the woman inside. Tobias followed them and softly closed the door behind himself.

Kiara, who was cleaned and dressed in a warm cream sweater and shorts, looked up from where she sat on the bed. Her long locks were pulled back into a bun, not giving her any place to hide herself.

But she didn't need to. As soon as she saw her family, her chest swelled with happiness and she cried out in relief. She held up her arms and Posey rushed forward. Tobias walked to the other side of the bed as Killian stood by the foot of the bed, his eyes glued on Kiara.

"It's okay," Posey chanted. "You're okay now. You're safe."

"Mom," Kiara sobbed. Posey was suddenly reminded of the little girl who used to cry in her arms for the world above. "Mom, I.....I'm...."

Killian felt his chest begin to ache. His throat closed up and his hands gripped the metal frame of the bed. Every single sob that came out of Kiara left him feeling angry and vengeful. He watched helplessly as Kiara pulled back and placed a shaking hand on her belly. Killian thought his heart might stop again.

"I know," Posey nodded. "I know, baby."

"We'll take care of everything," Tobias said, running his hand over Kiara's head. "Don't worry. You, Killian and the baby....everyone will be fine."

Kiara sobbed even harder. She began to shiver and grow pale in her mother's arms. Killian rushed forward and wrapped her in a blanket as she pulled away from Posey and leaned back into his chest.

"You need to eat," Posey worried for her daughter's state. "And sleep. You look exhausted."

"I'll go get something," Tobias said, rising from the bed. "We will talk more once you have rested."

Kiara didn't reply. She melted into Killian's arms and pulled her legs up to her chest. Her head rested over his heart and the loud beat inside made her feel secure and comfotated. She was home.

Posey fussed around the room with extra blankets and pillows. Killian held Kiara patiently as the woman checked in on her daughter over and over before finally saying she needed to step out for a minute.

As soon as Posey walked out of the room, everything grew silent. Kiara stared ahead, not having the energy to do anything else. She never wanted to move.

"I'm sorry," Killian suddenly whispered into her ear.

Kiara slowly rolled her head back to look up at the boy with the dark blue eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything that night at the dance," Killian searched her eyes. "I was dumb and stupid. I'm still dumb and stupid. But Kia, I promise you I will be better. For you and for our baby."

"Our baby..." Kiara felt her eyes water and her lips tremble.

"I love you," Killian pushed his hand into her hair and lowered his forehead to her. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I should have been there. You're never leaving my sight again."

"Killian..." Kiara felt her heart ready to beat out of her chest. "You can't let them hurt my baby."

"No. Never," Killian shook his head and cupped her face. "They will never touch you ever again. Or our baby. Never."

Kiara began to weep. She threw her arms around Killian's neck and pulled him closer. In return, Killian pulled her onto his lap and covered her with blankets.

"I love you," he whispered into her ears. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Kiara wiped her eyes on the collar of his shirt.

She began to once again feel warm for the first time since she was taken. It was as if she had been scattered into a million pieces and finally, after a terrible nightmare, Killian was finally bringing all the pieces home. He covered her with kisses as she cried some more. She didn't need to speak a single word to him as she sat holding him as if he might disappear if she loosened up.

"Please try to go to sleep," Killian begged after some time. "You need to rest."

"Don't leave," Kiara's heart began to race.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

"Where's mom?"

"I think she's with your dad."

"How did they react to the baby news?"

Killian let out a long sigh, "I'm sure we will hear about it. But not yet. We have other important things to worry about."

"What is it?" Kiara looked up at Killian once more.

"You," Killian let out a small laugh, surprising himself. He didn't know he remembered how to laugh.

"I'm okay...." Kiara said slowly.

"It's fine if you're not," Killian traced the edge of her face with the back of his knuckles. He couldn't make himself believe she was really back home. "You've been through a lot."

Kiara shivered from his touch. She climbed down from his lap and laid down against the pillows. Killian followed her and turned to his sides to face her.

"Give me your hand," she said, staring into his eyes.

Killian did as he was told. He let Kiara take his hand and slowly push it under her shirt. She placed it against her warm belly and waited for him to reach.

Like a sudden rainstorm, Killian felt unexplainable joy pour all over his heart. He became breathless as he stared into Kiara's eyes and spread his fingers over her belly. His chest began to rise and fall rapidly as he let out a small laugh and then another one. Kiara watched him as he looked down at her belly.

"I hope she has your laugh," Kiara placed her hand against Killian's face.

"She?" Killian looked up.

Kiara nodded, "I think.....the little girl.....when we go see the fates."

"Lachesis?" Killian raised a brow.

"Yes," Kiara nodded. "I know it....I don't know how. But I can't stop thinking about it. That's my baby."

"A baby girl?" The smile on Killian's lips could have lit up an entire city. His whole world was rearranging itself. "We're having a baby girl."

"Yes," Kiara nodded, leaning into Killian's touch.

"What will we name her?"

"Lila," Kiara cooed.

"Lila..." Killian tested out the name on his lips.

"It means night," Kiara lowered her hand to her belly.

"I can't wait to meet our daughter."

________________________

In the dimly lit room with the occasional beep of a machine, Hayden stood by the edge of Nora's hospital bed. His arms were folded over his chest as he brushed his knuckles along his mouth, pinning the girl against the pillow with his gaze.

The angry red marks around her neck stood out against her skin like scars. Hayden could make out almost all of Kiara's hand print of Nora's skin. His head spun every time he thought about how light she was when he carried her back to the dome.

Hayden had no idea how long he stood staring at Nora. The girl had never been so quiet. She was peacefully in deep sleep with her hand resting on the pillow and her mouth slightly parted. She had a bluish purple bruise forming on the edge of her face and Hayden just knew it would hurt like a motherfucker when she woke up.

"Hayden," Clare's voice started the half jinn.

Hayden lifted his eyes and turned his head to find Clare standing at the door.

"Come inside," he called her in. "Get a good look at what you did."

Clare's face fell and her eyes narrowed.

"You wanted her to go with us, right?" Hayden raised a brow. "Look at her now."

"Nora is going to be fine," Clare confirmed. "The doctors said she just has a concussion."

"She shouldn't have a concussion," Hayden snapped. "She should have stayed on campus. Taking her with us was a huge mistake. She's a liability. What would we tell her dad if she was dead today?"

"She helped us!" Clare snapped back without raising her voice. "We would have been taken off guard about the ships if Nora didn't tell us."

"Clare..." Hayden shut his eyes to compose himself. "She's human. She's not like us. Yes, she is brilliant. But she is breakable. Damn it, we can't even hear her if we break her."

"I understand that but -"

"No," Hayden shook his head. "I don't think you do. You're being stubborn because you want to see where you're gut feeling leads. But I can assure you, it's no place good."

Clare pressed her lips into a thin line. She decided she liked the boy better when he used to hit on Ares shoulder and swing from her arms.

"We can find others like us who can do what Nora does," Hayden said. "There is no reason why we need to put an innocent, helpless life in danger because of our selfish needs."

Clare stared at the boy. He wouldn't meet her eyes but she could read him like the back of her own hand.

"Why are you scared, Hayden?" She asked.

Hayden stilled for a second before shrugging, "I don't want to be responsible for her life. Let her go."  

Do you think all the dark clouds are gone for Kiara and Killian? 

And do you think Hayden is right about Nora?  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7.2K 27
"You're a killer, a monster. There is no 'master' for you. Everyone that loved you is dead. Because of you! Don't flatter yourself. No one will ever...
376 31 21
What if everything that was perfect in your life started to crumble...("Its your grandma...Her health is getting worst") What if you were told that o...
15 0 10
If I had known my life was gonna end up this way, I would've stopped caring about my grade in math.
506 48 6
i wanted to die. but death wanted me to live. and got our fates entwined _