I didn't wish this gift

By trueandinfinite

"You're a freak" they all say. "You're a criminal" they all think. "You're psycho" they told her. "I believe... More

Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Welcome to my life
Chapter 3: Dirty little song
Chapter 4: Too good to be true
Chapter 5: Hidden for too long
Chapter 6: You look familiar
Chapter 7: Those things are gifts?
Chapter 8: The new guy
Chapter 9: You are like me?
Chapter 10: I believe you are a freak
Chapter 11: You're one of us
Chapter 12: Yo no soy tu padre
Chapter 13: Dreamy...
Chapter 15: No one is invincible, not even us
Chapter 16: Planning things
Chapter 17: Being misunderstood
Chapter 18: Valentine's Day <3
Chapter 19: Everybody's missing
Chapter 20: Friends with the ennemy
Chapter 21: The meeting
Chapter 22: You are a stranger to me
Chapter 23: Surprise...
Chapter 24: Is this a joke?
Chapter 25: Reactions
Chapter 26: Time to do something
Chapter 27: Action
Chapter 28: Last one

Chapter 14: Purple is your color

826 26 10
By trueandinfinite

**NOT EDITED

** We wanna thank you guys who are still reading our story :) it means a lot to us :D

Went you vote or comment, it makes our day ;) <3

We love you :) xx

________________________________

I was in a crowded restaurant. DREAMY it says on the wall. I was in the middle of the place but still, no one seemed to notice me. I was about to leave when someone caught my attention. A man was standing right beside a table where a couple seemed to eat. The girl had beautiful blond hair. Blue eyes and a smile that could make any guy fall for her. No wonder why she was eating dinner with a guy. I could tell he's her boyfriend by the way she looks at him.

Suddenly, they seemed to realize the man have been watching them for a while. They turned their attention to him and not long after, the guy stood up and followed the man a little away from their table. The guy didn't wanna go too far away. I saw him argue with the man. I couldn't hear what they were saying so I got closer to them. Now that I was closer, I looked at them and tried to focus on what they were arguing about.

"Don't you feel powerless?" Asked the man to the guy who was now looking at him with scared eyes.

"I don't understand what you are talking about Sir. I think you got the wrong person." He said still watching the man through his blue piercing eyes.

"No. You are the one I'm looking for." Replied the man sure of himself. I saw him passing his hand in his hair, but something caught my eyes. A purple lock of hair?

As soon as I saw that, the man kept talking, but it's like I was drifting apart. It's like someone was pulling me away. I needed to hear the rest of their conversation. I kept walking to them, but the more I tried and the more they seemed to disappeared. The noise in the restaurant seemed to be rising and soon enough, the only thing I could manage to hear through all this noise was the man's voice.

"We are worthless, powerless. You are underestimated, you could be so much more if you come with me."

"I won't" answered immediately the guy's voice which I now recognized as Liam's one.

I hear the man laughing. "How dare you! You are walking on a dangerous path young man. If I was you, I'd be more careful. We'll see each other soon. Very soon and I might not be as kind now as I was today..." And he started laughing again.

The world was spinning around me. Faster and faster. I kept hearing the man's awful laugh.

I woke up screaming like a little girl. I was in my bedroom and it was time to go to school. I heard a car horn coming from outside my house. I knew it was Jay so I hurried up and got dress rapidly. I took my things and flew downstairs to take an apple. My mom was nowhere to be seen. Actually, there was a note on the table, saying she left early for work. This must be a really huge case. I wonder what it is. My mom is a lawyer and she loves her job, so when she likes the case, she puts all her energy in it. Must be why she skipped breakfast.

The car horn brought me back to reality and I ran as fast as I could to the door and then to Jeremy's car.

"Hey!" I told him while getting into the car.

"Good morning... Are you okay? You're late..." Jay told me as I finally sat into his passenger seat.

I thought about my vision and the fear that something bad was going to happen soon and I looked up at Jeremy. I didn't want him to worry for me more than he already does. I couldn't understand why I was so important for him. We met a couple of weeks before, but still, he seems to care a little more than he should... "Yeah. I woke up a little late. Didn't hear my alarm and my mom is working, so I wasn't up..." I said trying to sound careless.

My acting must have sounded crappy because he didn't believe me. "Sam, you know you can tell me. Did you have a vision? You seem far away from me and yet, I'm standing right in front of you." He was looking at me, waiting for an answer, hoping I wouldn't lie to him once again.

I gave up and told him about my awful night. "I had a vision."

"Okay. About what? That same restaurant we both drew?" He asked patiently.

"Yeah. Only I was in the restaurant. Liam and Sabrina were eating calmly.

Suddenly, a man walked to their table and began talking with Liam. He was probably threatening him because he was telling Liam that he was powerless and worthless. That man had a strange purple lock of hair. I remember him laughing and his laugh is still haunting me now. I can't get it out of my head and I think I might explode if I keep hearing it over and over again!"

"Worthless and powerless?" Asked me Jay looking confuses. "Why would this man say to Liam that he's powerless? I mean, Liam never had a real power, so why would he be powerless?" Kept asking me Jay looking more confuse than ever.

It's in this instant that I realized I've never really told Jeremy about Lucy's suspicions on Liam being a gifted person. I should tell him now. I let him drives us to school and I let him in his own thoughts during the short drive. When he parked into the parking lot, I turned to him and I saw his confused eyes looking straight into mines. "Liam can be powerless because he might be a one of us...he might have a gift..." I told Jeremy in a soft voice.

"What?" That was the only thing Jay replied.

"I know it's strange and kind of unbelievable, but Lucy seems pretty sure about this." I said.

"Lucy? How can she say this?" asked Jay sounding annoyed.

"Well she... She wrote a song about him and she had a vision about him and me... She then talked to me about this and I didn't believe her at first, but when I think about it now, it might be true. Also, when you weren't there and when I was friend with him, I remarked that his eyes were turning purple sometimes. When it happens, most of the time I told myself I was hallucinating and that his eyes couldn't be purple. But maybe Lucy is right and maybe he is gifted. That's why I imagined his eyes turning purple so often." I told Jay sincerely.

"But how? He sent you in jail because of your gift, if he really was a gifted person, he wouldn't have done that!" Said Jeremy, anger slowly taking place in his voice.

"He doesn't know he's gifted. That's why when the man told him this in my vision, he looked confuse. That's why I should tell him, but I'm scared. He could freak out and tell everything to Sabrina and Vanessa! This wouldn't be good for any of us. Megan, you and me." I admitted lamely.

"You're right, but you should really warn him against this man. Soon or later, your vision is probably gonna cone true and you don't know how dangerous can be that man..."

Jeremy was right. "I have to talk to Liam... God I have so many things to tell him! First he needs to know he's gifted. Second he needs to know he's in danger and third, I have to know if he remembers have a childhood best friend name Samantha."

Even if he doesn't remember, I'm ready to bet my life on it that Liam Mayor is the little boy who moved away when he was six because his father was beating him...

"Good luck with that! Tell me about it after school okay?" asked me Jay before walking into his class.

"Yeah sure!" I replied before I heard the bell ringing telling me I was officially late for my first class.

**********LIAM'S POV*********

I was on my way to school when I realize my actions. I was really going on a date with Sabrina. This little thing was the final action for loosing Samantha forever. The fact is, I don't want to lose her and going to that Dreamy Restaurant with her worst enemy won't show her that.

On the other hand, I really want to tell her that I am so sorry about the police thing and that I want to be her friend again, but I can't. I can't, because it's not in my nature to apologize, and I know she won't accept my apologies. It seems like I lose every close friend I have. Well, if I can call Sam a close friend. She's the second person that had this title in my life. When I was younger, I had another close friend, S. I moved away and never saw her again. Maybe S would have understood my situation.

When I arrived to school, I knew what would be best for me to do. Forget Sam. It would be less painful for me to pretend it never happened, and for her, since she has that little boyfriend of her. I am going on the date with Sabrina, and I don't know what will happen with this, but we'll see. I know it will be hard to forget her blond hair... her beautiful smile... the way she walks when she's happy... her eyes with the most beautiful color in it... she's so...

"LIAM! Hello, are you here with me?" said Sabrina in a hurry.

"What, yes, yes, sorry, I was daydreaming" I apologized.

"What were you looking at? It seemed so... fascinating".

"Oh... nothing, really it was nothing" I said, glad that Samantha had change her position. In fact, she was now heading to my direction.

"Okay!" said Sabrina. "I am so excited for our date tomorrow night!" she screamed, like she wanted the whole school to know that we were going on a date. I saw Sam's expression changed just at that moment, maybe there was still hope for me there.

"Yeah, yeah, me too" I said, again distracted. Why was she so beautiful? Forgetting her would be harder now. Speaking of her, she was now closer to Sabrina and I. I know she wanted to talk to me.

"Excuse me," I said to Sabrina, while going in Samantha's direction. Sabrina didn't notice my absence, since she was now talking about girly things with Vanessa.

"I need to talk to you", said Samantha in a frozen tone.

"Go ahead" I said, trying to look normal, even though my heart was racing.

"You can't go to that date with Sabrina."

"And would you tell me why I can't go to that wonderful date?" I was so happy that it made her jealous.

"I... I just know." She was nervous. I could tell.

"I think that someone is being a little jealous over here. Samantha... don't worry, you still have your boyfriend".

"I am not jealous Liam! I am worried, and please listen to me and stay home tomorrow night." She was practically begging me. Strange...

"Well, if you are not jealous, than go ahead and tell me the real reason, and maybe I won't go".

"You won't believe me."

"Give it a try".

"Okay, well, people think I am a freak. I am. I am different, because I'm gifted. The purple eyes are not for nothing. I draw, dream or hear the future."

"Yeah, of course, and I am Spiderman" I joked.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. That's not the point. I dreamed about you, and something really wrong will happen tomorrow if you go on that date. Please just listen to me and don't go..." She said her voice now higher than before.

"Someone is jealous. It's okay, Samantha, go ahead and say it! YOU'RE JEALOUS."

"I AM NOT JEALOUS! I am not asking you to believe me, but at least I told you. I really thought you were different from the others, and I thought we could have something. And now, you are making fun of me." She was really angry. I never saw her angry before.

"Okay, and that was before or after your boyfriend?" I asked, full of anger myself.

"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

There was a big silence in the hallway. Sam dragged me in an empty room, and I continued the discussion.

"So why were you holding hands?"

"We were holding hands because he is like me too, he has the drawing gift. He also drew you into that restaurant. Something bad is coming. He understands me, he accepts me. Unlike you, he is not making fun of me or denouncing me to the police for something I didn't do." She said clearly hurt.

"I... I ju-"

"That's right, Liam, I told you my big secret, and even thought you are saying to me that you don't believe me, I know you are. It doesn't seem so unfamiliar to you, isn't it? I will tell you why; it's because you are like us. You're also gifted."

"Ahahahahah, that's impossible", I said. She is wonderful, but there are limits about the crazy things she can tell me. On the other hand, as strange as it may sound, I knew she was right.

"So why do you have those purple eyes sometimes? You should really check out your words, because it may give you some clues to the next events."

As she was saying this, something got into me and I took my notebook from my bag. I turned it to the page where I wrote some words when I felt inspired.

Sam took the page from my hands, and read it out loud.

Is that what you want?

Is this what you need?

She can be the one you want,

But she's not the one you need.

She needs you while

The other uses you.

Which one will you pick?

Better be quick or they'll both vanish.

"Seems like you have to make a choice... if I was you, I wouldn't take this the funny way, it's serious Liam."

"If first of all, your stories are true" I answered.

She came closer. I smelled her perfume. It had a unique smell, just like her.

"I guess you'll find out tomorrow night, since you're too stubborn to listen to me"

"Oh, I will, and be sure, you will have feedbacks"

"I am not worried about that." She said while leaving the class.

"Sam!" I screamed.

She turned back. "You are not the one I thought you were. I thought all of this was just rumors. I was hesitating about the fact that you set the library on fire. I am not anymore. This is proving that you really did it"

Why was I so mean? When it comes up to her, I don't know what to do and I say stupid things.

"Well, I am not the one who turns their backs on her childhood best friend. S. S. S. S.", she said while leaving the room, letting me shocked.

Was she really S? The more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. About her being S, and the gift thing. I will go on that date tomorrow, because it's too late to cancel it.

I just realized. Oh my god, I screwed it up.

***** BACK TO SAMANTHA****

When I school was over, I slowly walked to the parking lot. I got my phone out and texted Lucy.

'Can we meet soon? Got a lot of things to tell you..!"

When I looked up, I saw Jay waiting for me outside, beside his car. I putted my phone back into my pocket and waved at him. When he saw me, he waved back.

"Hey!" I greeted him when I finally reached his car.

"Hi" he replied slowly. "So, how did it go?" He asked me curiously.

"Well, you could have known sooner if you were there at lunch. I had to eat lunch alone since you and Megan weren't there!" I poked him on the elbow. "My lunch has been horrible. Kinda reminded me of who I use to be. Little, shy and scared Samantha eating alone in the cafeteria because everybody thinks she a freak.. Not cool!"

"Yeah... Sorry about that" he excused himself. "I was in recuperation with Megan. She hasn't finish drawing me for our art project, so she thought we could finish it today. I forgot to text you to meet us in art class for lunch..." He said looking guilty.

"I see... It's okay. At least now I know I wasn't really alone..." Then, we got into his car and we drove away from school.

"So, you didn't ask my question, how did it go with Liam?" He asked me looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

I was about to answer him when my phone buzzed, telling me I had a new text.

'Sure sweetie. Come now if you can.'

"Who is it?" Asked Jeremy.

"Lucy. I texted her earlier to know if I could visit her soon, because I think she can helps us with the weird dream and drawings we keep having." I told Jay turning my attention back to him.

"Okay. About Liam...?" He asked me for the third time.

"Yeah... Well, we ended up screaming at each other. People were beginning to look at us weirdly, so we moved to an empty hallway. He kept saying that you were my boyfriend and he was accusing me of being jealous of him and Sabrina because I told him he shouldn't go to the restaurant Dreamy! He seriously thought I was jealous of Sabrina! And can you believe he thought we were dating? Just because we once held hands doesn't make us a couple right? He's so stupid! Plus, he joked about the gifted people. He didn't believe me about him being gifted..." I breathed and tried to calm myself down. Jeremy was watching me closely and I remembered Liam's notebook with the poem written in it. "And you know what?" I asked Jeremy angrier than before.

"Umm what?" Jay asked unsure of what I was about to tell him.

"Liam has the poem gift. He.is.gifted." I told Jeremy waiting for his reaction.

"Wait... What? He is? Poem...? Did you actually saw some of his poems or you just presume he was?" He said after a while looking really confuse.

"I saw his notebook. There was a brand new poem in it, but before, he wrote one more. I told him about his eyes turning people sometimes, but he denied it. I can bet my life on it that the also remarked his eyes turning purple, but he won't admit it."

"Wow. I guess he is really in danger then..." Jay murmured to himself.

"I know. But I was so angry that I ended the fight by telling him to have a wonderful date with Sabrina. This means he'll go to Dreamy restaurant and the man will be there, so Liam's in danger..." I concluded with a sad smile.

"What should we do about this?" Asked me Jay after a while.

"I don't know. I think we should also go to Dreamy tomorrow. To watch the man and if he hurts Liam, we'll be there and that will prove to him that we aren't joking about gifted people... What do you think?" I watched Jay's eyes light up. Don't know why though.

"So... Is it like, a date?" Jay asked me shyly.

"Umm..." I didn't know what to say. I mean, for me, Jeremy is a good friend, but I think he sees me more than that... In another way, Liam will be there and since he thought I was dating Jay just by holding hands, I can't imagine what he will think about us going in a restaurant together. Might be a good thing to make Liam jealous..."Yeah. It's a date." I told Jay with my best smile.

"Okay. That's good. Guess I'll see you tomorrow." He said when he stopped the car in front of my house. I didn't even remarked that we were there. Guess I was too lost in my thoughts.

"Yeah." I told him before getting out of his car.

As I was about to walk away, he got his window down. "Hey Sam!" I turned away and looked at him, waiting for him to go on. "Tell me about your chat with Lucy tomorrow?" I nodded and he then drove away.

I got inside my house and my mom was there. Too bad I couldn't stay with her. She'll probably understand. Since she really came back into my life, I got to see a new side of her that I didn't know existed.

"Hi mom!" I told her while I got into the kitchen. "I have to go to Lucy's house. So I won't be here for diner."

She looked sad for a second, but rapidly got over it. "Okay honey. I couldn't be here tonight anyways." I smiled at her and went in my room, letting my school stuffs there and I walked back downstairs. I kissed my mom on the cheek, told her to have a good night and ran to Lucy's house.

I didn't knock on the door since she told me not to.

"Hi Luce!" I yelled from the living room.

"Sweetie!" She said while hugging me tight. "I've missed you so much! How have you been?" She asked me when we got to her kitchen.

"Well, good I guess. You?" I replied when I was sitting on her kitchen chair.

"Good. But I'm sure you have a lot to tell me about. If not, you wouldn't have texted me right?" She said with a warm smile on her face.

"Yeah well. My mom told me about Dany not being my real father and she told me her story with Luke." I flashed a smile to Lucy, but I saw that the color left her face at the mention of my father. "Lucy, are you okay? Did I say something wrong?"

"What did Linda told you about Luke?" Asked me Lucy still not focussing on me, but looking like she was having some bad memories.

"Well in general, that he was really good with music, so he became a popular singer and that he's been... murder by a crazy fan..." I said to my aunt truthfully.

"A crazy fan ugh?" Repeated Lucy to herself.

"Yeah..." I answered her anyway.

"Sam sweetie. I think it's time to tell you something important about Luke..." Told me Lucy looking serious as ever.

"Wait... There's more? I thought mom told me everything about Luke." I was confuse. Mom seemed to have told me everything that happened. After all, he died young, so there's not much to tell right?

"Samantha, I knew your father before your mom met him..." What? Lucy knew my father? But how?

"How" this was the only thing that popped into my mind.

"Well, do you remember how your mother described Luke?" Asked Lucy looking at me straight into the eyes.

"Yes. I think he said he was blond with dark eyes. Almost too dark for his hair color." When I think about it now, I'm sure that's the description she gave me.

"Okay. So he's blond, he has dark eyes and he plays music. Think about it Sam. You're gifted. You got the drawing gifts, the music one and you have visions. You're more powerful than your friend Jeremy... And-"

"My father had a music gift..." I murmured it, but Lucy heard it and she stopped talking. It makes sense. My mom said he was very talented and he had dark eyes. Probably contacts lents to hide the purple eyes. Smart dad I had!

"Yes Sammy... Luke was a gifted person. That's why I knew him. When your mother brought him home, I was surprise, but I understood that he didn't tell Linda about his gift, so I pretended not to know him. He's been thankful for that and I saw that he was happy with my sister, so I was happy for them." She said.

"But..." Her smile was now no where to be seen. She became serious once again. "At some point, he began writing songs about a man. His songs were saying that this man was looking for him. He will be killed by this man if he doesn't protect himself. this man was describe as a blond guy with a purple lock of hair. So the crazy fan your mom told you about was actually the man from the songs of your father. His songs warned him, but he never thought it would happen, so he ignored them and he continued his career. As we both know, the man finished his mission, because your dad is now dead..."

Wow. My dad was like me? A gifted person. This is a lot to take in... Wait, did Lucy said the man who killed him had a purple lock of hair?

"Are you alright sweetie? You're pale..." Said Lucy.

"Purple lock of hair?" This was the brightest answer i could come up with in this case.

"Yeah. But don't worry, this man is now far away from us. He can't hurt you..." Said my aunt, trying to comfort me.

"Lucy, I had visions about a man with a purple lock of hair." Her smiled dropped from her face and she came closer to me.

"What do you mean exactly?" She asked seriously.

"Well, at first I drew a restaurant. Dreamy it says. People were chatting and eating. A boy caught my attention, but I only realized it was Liam after I woke up. I also draw-"

"Liam? As the guy who has the poem gift?" Asked Lucy looking slightly confuse.

"Yeah. So this Liam, was in another vision. But this time, I've figured out it was him. A man was arguing with Liam, telling him to come with him, but he wouldn't. That's when the man threatened Liam. The man told Liam that he was powerless and worthless. He said that next time he'll come, he won't be as kind as today... As the man walk away from my vision, I saw a purple lock of hair...When I woke up, I knew I had to tell Liam about it, but when I told him, he didn't believe me..." I finish and I glanced at Lucy. She was frozen and all the color drained from her face.

"They're back..." Murmured Lucy.

"Who's back Lucy?" I asked her a little confuse about what she was talking about.

"The gift hunters..."

***PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494 89 40
"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" "It's fine. You're sorry about not showing up in court right? or is there something else you're sorry about? "No. That...
366 20 18
"Be who you want to be; never let anyone try to tell you who you are, because they can't. Only you can."
7.8K 549 25
Ever made a wish and it has never come true? Read about a lifetime of unfulfilled wishes, some funny, some sad and all remain un-granted.
948 2 35
Her whole life she dreamed of a boy who she could be totally herself with and he would see it as perfect. She'd seen so many boys but she never found...