Blood Bender

By Chrissyy_Bumm

*Completed* When Coventina was five years old, she found out she had the ability to control water. Over the y... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Time for School
Chapter 2 - Stronger
Chapter 3 - Defence Class
Chapter 4 - Rematch
Chapter 5 - Comatose
Chapter 6 - Blood Bending
Chapter 7 - Training
Chapter 8 - Red Eyes
Chapter 9 - Combat
Chapter 10 - Detention
Chapter 11 - Parents' Evening
Chapter 12 - Lava Girl
Chapter 13 - The Rift
Chapter 14 - The New Kid
Chapter 15 - Affinities
Chapter 16 - The Beach
Chapter 17 - Shopping Trip
Chapter 18 - Half Term
Chapter 19 - Explosion
Chapter 20 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 21 - Divide
Chapter 22 - Frost Bite
Chapter 23 - Tournament
Chapter 24 - Belvedere Woods
Chapter 25 - I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 26 - Family Relations
Chapter 27 - Rebels
Chapter 28 - I'm Sorry Mrs. D
Chapter 29 - Break In
Epilogue
UPDATE

Chapter 30 - For Our Freedom

680 31 0
By Chrissyy_Bumm

"No!" Phoenix shouted at me as soon as I raised my hand. Mr. Peters and Mr. Antaeus both stomped on the ground, raising their hands to put up a wall of defence in front of the teachers. My body was shaking with white hot rage. I was so sick of all of this. I stopped my attack when I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me back.

"Get off! Get the fuck off me!" I growled, fighting against their hold. The teachers had to pay for what they've done, lying to us every day, never telling the truth.

"Splash, calm down." Phoenix grunted, fighting against me.

"Get off me Phoenix, this doesn't concern you." I finally manged to get out of his hold, taking a few steps away from him. He looked at me like he's never seen me before. Like I'm a complete and total stranger to him. Good. That was probably for the best.

"What is happening right now Coventina? Look around you. What is going on?" Irritation shot threw me.

"You know what's been going on! They've been lying to us. All of them!" I shouted, pointing and looking at the teachers. Mr. Peters and Mr. Antaeus bought down the earth wall and just watched mine Phoenix's interaction.

"No, you're not thinking straight." Phoenix was shaking his head at me.

"Oh, but I am. For the first time in my life, I know exactly what is going on." I turned to face the teachers again, bring my arm up behind me to send a tidal wave of water and ice. Because there was so many people around us, some people got hit by my attack. I couldn't bring myself to care though. All the teachers were able to react quick enough to put up a defensive shield which just seemed to anger me more.

"Is it true?" I turned to look behind Phoenix at Cam. He was looking at me with worry but there was no anger in his eyes like Phoenix's. "Is it true that they've been lying to us?" Cam asked again. I nodded my head at him. His jaw clenched as he looked over at the teachers. "Why?" He asked nobody in particular. 

"They want to keep us weak." I sneered, walking away from Phoenix and over to Cam.

"It's not like that Coventina." Mr. Antaeus' voice was deeper than normal.

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you tell students about the royal bloodline?" I sneered. There was more whispers around me.

"Tina, what exactly is the plan here?" Cham questions, walking up and standing on Cam's other side.

"To get to the truth." I never took my eyes off of Mr. Peters. All I saw was red when I looked at him. All the lies, all the deceit clouded my vision.

"Coventina, I need you to think about what you're doing." Mr. Peters face changed to one of anger and frustration.

"What? Like you did when you lied to me?" I lifted my hand, forming ice under where the teachers were standing. I raised the ice, bring it up in front of them, then over their heads, trapping them in an ice prison. Without missing a beat, all the teachers attacked at once and broke free. 

"Coventina, don't make us use force." Mr. Peters warned.

"Do your worst, cousin." I sneered at the end.  There were gasps all around me at the new information. Mr. Peters' jaw twitched, then he stomped on the floor, shaking the ground under me. The ground broke apart all around us, other students shouting in surprise as they fell over. I created an ice spear and threw it straight towards Mr. Peters head. I used the water in the air around us to control it to make sure it hit its target. Just as it got to him, he leaned to the side and caught it. My eyes narrowed at him.

"Fine. Have it your way." Mr. Peters decided to fight fire with fire, sending a giant boulder at me. I jumped in the air, spinning over it. I landed on my feet, glaring at him.

"You can do better than that." I smirked darkly at him, charging forward, leaving the guys behind. I raised my arms to my sides, creating fast spinning water rings with ice blades at the edge. I threw them both at the head teacher but he easily dodged them, stepping forward, creating earth rocks and throwing them at me in continuous fire.

"Oh no you don't!" I heard Cam's voice as he sent out an air scythe next to me, blocking an attack from Mr. Alon that was about to hit me.

Within seconds, an all out war started. I was head to head with Mr. Peters but any chance another teacher got to attack me, they took it. My friends were quick though, defending me and getting the teachers to attack them instead. I felt around using my powers to sense everyone that I've been training in the woods with were fighting against the teachers or other students.

I felt my heart break when I realised Phoenix wasn't fighting. He'd dodge any attacks that would come near him but he just stood there, watching me. I had no idea what he was thinking but he must have understood that the teachers are lying to all of us. About everything. I felt an urge in him to fight but he was restraining. I had a little hope that he was watching me to protect me but he never raised a hand to help, he was only observing.

I was distracted by everyone around us fighting. There was attacks coming from every direction, it was hard to stay focused on just the one fight. Mr. Peters noticed my mind wasn't fully in the fight and took the opportunity to fire a tonne of earth bullets at me. I didn't have enough time to put up a defence, so I tried to dodge them the best I could. I got grazed on my right thigh and calf and a bullet went threw the top of my right arm. I hissed in pain, stepping away from him. I felt the blood start to trickle down me so I healed myself as quickly as I could. 

"You can put a stop to this Coventina, you just have to listen to me." Mr. Peters stopped attacking me, just watching for my next move. I panted slightly, the pain from the healing hurting more than I thought it would. I've been training myself for weeks to get stronger but I haven't fought anyone in a while. Mr. Peters was strong. Stronger than Phoenix. His attacks did more damage and took more strength to defend against them.

"Why? Just so you can lie to me again and tell me half truths?" I sent a cannon of boiling steam over his way but he turned himself into earth and sunk into the ground to dodge. He reappeared when I stopped my attack.

"Coventina, you have to stop this."

"No thanks." I raised a hand to my mouth and blew out a deep breath of ice. Mr. Peters sunk into the ground again, burrowing closer to me. I stepped back a few steps as he shot out the ground right in front of me.

"I don't want to hurt you." He raised his hand and clenched his fist. I looked down as I felt earth circling around my hands. He created a boulder around them, locking my hands in place. I growled in frustration.

"Do your worst." I spat out between gritted teeth. I froze the earth, lifting up a knee to smash it to pieces. I jumped forward, swinging a fist to Mr. Peters face. He dodged it, grabbing my arm and flipping me over. I landed on my back with a loud thud, winding myself. I coughed a few times, trying to get the air back in my lungs.

"I promise you, you can't win this." Mr. Peters looked down on me. I could see on his face he was no longer angry. He only looked at me with pity. This just pissed me off more so I raised my hands, using my blood bending. I held him floating in the air as I stood up. My whole body was consumed with white, hot rage. Wrath and revenge were the only thoughts spiralling in my head.

"I will end you." My voice sounded different even to my own ears. It took on a darkness I've never heard before. I felt something crawl down my spine, across my shoulders and down my arms and legs. Mr. Peters eyes were wide, watching me.

"What are you-" I cut Mr. Peters off, strangling his neck with my blood bending.

"I've had enough of you and your lies." My voice was almost scratchy sounding. There was a definite change but I didn't have time to think about it. I pulled my arms back and threw them forward as hard as I could. Mr. Peters went flying, only stopping when his body hit the school. The bricks around him cracked and fell to the floor. After a few seconds, his limp body fell to the ground, more bricks falling with him.

I turned around to look at the world around me. Everywhere I looked there were teachers and students fighting. Cam and Cham were currently fighting against Tyson and Maiah. I almost felt bad for them fighting their former friends. Ken was fighting against Kendra but she easily took him out with one strike of electricity before fighting another student. Neil was fighting Peter, Peter going all out but Neil was still holding back. I turned slowly watching Azalea and Aaron team up and send an attack towards Mr. Antaeus.

"Coventina," I looked towards the broken voice over my shoulder. "You have to stop all of this." Phoenix looked broken. Colour had drained from his face, his eyes wide.

"Stop this? I didn't start this. They did." I tilted my head to the side, waving my hand in front of me, using my blood bending to send him into the middle of the fight. He slowly sat up, looking at me terrified. 

A few students near me sent attacks in my direction but I easily blocked them and sent my own in return. I walked throughout the students, taking as many down as I could. I had no idea how long this fighting was going on for, everything started to all blur together. It was like I was in autopilot, doing what my body felt right. I tried to ignore all the limp bodies that were slowly starting to cover the school grounds. I starting walking toward Mr. Douglas as he was fighting Rain. I sent two water scythes in his direction, knocking him off his feet.

"Thanks." She smiled at me, then quickly moved me out of the way of another attack. She shouted in surprise, falling over as she took the attack head on. I turned around to see Aguya storming over to us. Rain groaned in pain, burns going all the way up her arm and across her right shoulder. I healed her as I walked away, making my way to Aguya.

"Look who's the crazy bitch now!" She shouted at me, sending fire bomb after fire bomb in my direction. I easily missed them, sending an ice blast in her direction. She put up a fire shield then attacked me with a spiral flame. I created a water dragon, swallowing her flames then sending her flying backwards. I raised a hand, bringing it down hard so it rain ice blades. She screamed in surprise, using a fire shield to protect her.

I dodged just in time as I felt an air vortex come near me. I looked to see Miss Indra make her way over to me. I turned to face her slowly, my head tilting to the side. I raised my hands, wrapping her in a giant bubble of water and lifting her off the floor. She shouted in surprise, then grabbed her throat as she lost all her air. Again, I threw her as far away as I could.

"Watch it." I flinched to the side as a water and fire attack hit one another. "She almost got you again." I looked up at Kai as he moved me away from Aguya's attack.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Any time." Kai and I raised both our right hands, sending a full force hydro cannon at Aguya. She screamed as she was sent rolling away.

"Aren't you on the wrong side?" I asked Kai as we looked around at the fighting.

"Maybe. But my uncle lied to me. I told him I had feelings for you and he never mentioned we were technically  related. I get that we're like forth cousins or whatever but it's still gross. And like you said, the man has secrets. Besides, what's wrong with raising a little hell?" Kai explained, sending an ice attack to a student that sent an attack towards Azalea and Aaron.

"Well, thanks." I replied, sending boiling water towards a flame thrower that nearly hit us.

"By the way, I just thought that you should know, there's a school that we go to after this one." Kai and I turned around so our backs were to each other. We had students almost surround us, sending attack after attack in our direction. 

"School? What do you mean?" Did Kai have any of the answers that I was looking for? I blocked an air blast from a fifth year student, sending ice blades straight back.

"Well, it's more like a college. It's a higher education and that's where they focus on our affinities." I felt Kai shift behind me as he blocked and then sent another attack.

"What? Even the ones that students have that they don't tell us about?" I questioned, blocking an earth attack.

"Pretty much, yeah. Some affinities are too strong for our body to with stand at this age. We need our bodies to be stronger before we can fight with them." Kai and I sent an attack at the same time, taking out the last of the students that were fighting us. We turned around to face each other. 

"Come again?"

"We can both use ice, right?" I nodded my head at him. "Well, some people that have ice as an affinity cant always control it and end up freezing their hands or other parts of their body. The college is to help us learn how to use or affinities." I thought about it for a second. That did make sense as to why the teachers didn't want us using our affinities that much now. I couldn't help but think that wasn't everything though. 

"Ahh!" I turned around at the loud scream, my eyes going wide as Cam rolled along the floor. Maiah was lying on the floor near Tyson, not moving. Cham and Tyson were looking at each other with so much hatred I thought their eyes would fall out. I ran over to them but just as I got there, Cham raised his arm and sent a lightning bolt straight to Tyson's chest. Tyson flew back, rolling along the floor motionless. Cham didn't miss a second, turning around to make sure Cam was okay.

"What happened?" I asked, bending over Cam to start healing him.

"Cam knocked out Maiah so Tyson took out Cam." Cham explained. Cam had third degree burns on his chest so I started healing them as quick as possible.

"Ah, fuck." Cam hissed through his teeth.

"It's okay, I got you." I hushed him. Cham grunted in annoyance, sending a fire scythe behind me, blocking an attack. As soon as Cam was healed, Cham helped him up.

"Thanks Cov." Cam smiled weakly at me. I was about to say something but the three of us were sent twenty feet in the air. I looked down at one of the teachers, holding us mid-air. I grunted in annoyance, using my blood bending to send her flying away. We all landed on the ground with a heavy thud, groaning.

"Stop this now!" I turned my head at the voice, seeing Miss Murry send a hydro cannon over to Kendra. Kendra blocked her attack then sent a shot of electricity over to her. The teacher flew back, rolling along the floor, not moving. I marched over to Kendra, checking her over for any injuries.

"You good?" I asked her. She turned to look at me, nodding her head.

"You sure we're doing the right thing?" She asked me.

"Kendra, there's something you need to know..." I started to tell her but had to put up an ice wall to block an attack. I bought the wall down, spinning in the air, sending ice blades over to Jenna from my water abilities class. She dodged out the way but was then attacked by Skye.

"What? What is it?" Kendra looked at me confused.

"I don't know how to tell you and I'm no good at sugar-coating things, so I'm just going to come out and say it." She looked at me expectantly. "You and me, we're technically related."

"What?" Kendra stepped away from me, shaking her head.

"There used to be a royal bloodline of elementals. Years ago. Mars was one of them. Mr. Peters is one of them. I'm one of them... And so are you." We both moved out the way of a fire blast shooting past us.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"Look, I know it's hard to understand but I only just found out about you or I would have told you sooner. It's one of the many things this school has been lying about and I promise I'll try to explain but now isn't the best time." Kendra moved me to the side and shot a blast of air behind me.

"Okay, so what? We're like royalty?" She asked just to clarify.

"Kind of, yeah. I guess we're really distant cousins. So's Kai. The three of us are all kind of related."

"Kai?" Kendra looked at me quizzically.

"Yup." I replied popping the P.

"Do you think my parents know?"

"Honestly, probably not. The air bloodline went missing a few generations ago. Apparently there's a special school for us royals and I know Mr. Peters was trying to find you. Don't think he ever realised you were right here this whole time. I think if your parents knew then they would have sent you to the other school, not here." 

"Hmm, I guess." Neither of us said anything for a few seconds. I was letting her process this information. "So, you were right. They really are lying to us." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Am I ever wrong?" I jokingly asked her. She smirked at me, raising her arm to create a wind shield around us.    

"Think it's about time we put an end to this, don't you think?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Hell yeah." She put her arm down, dropping the shield. I used my armour to fly up in the air. I looked around at the battle going on below us. I never meant for it to get this out of hand. I did feel pride in myself at all the students on my side. I had no idea they were loyal enough to fight with me. To fight against their teachers and classmates. 

I could feel my power draining. I had used blood bending more than I ever have before and it always seemed to exhaust my strength. I closed my eyes, focusing on everyone around us. I took a deep breath, blowing it out slowly. When I opened my eyes, I slowly raised my hands, focusing on all the teachers and the students that were fighting against us. Using my blood bending, I lifted them all up in the air, halting their movements.

There were a lot of gasps and shouts of surprise. I threw everyone to the other side of the field, them all falling or rolling away. I came down to the ground slowly, standing in front of everyone. I took a few deep breaths, the world slightly spinning. I pushed past the dizziness, making my way over to where I threw everyone. I could tell the people that were fighting with me, followed after me. The teachers were the first one to recover, standing up and walking towards me.   

"Coventina, what exactly is your plan here? What are you doing?" Miss Indra asked me. I shrugged my shoulders at her.

"I could say the same to you. Were you all planning on just lying to us the whole time?" I sneered, putting a hand on my hip. Black dots started to appear in my vison so I tried to blink them away.

"Just look at the carnage behind you. Look at what you've done!" I could tell she was getting flustered. As far as teachers went she wasn't too bad. She was a bit strict but she was also fair. I never really enjoyed English, but I didn't mind it so much when she was teaching it. I casually looked over my shoulder. I could see all the bodies on the floor from people that got knocked out.

At least, I hope they were just knocked out.

"None of this would have happened if you just told the truth!" I turned back around to face her, my body shaking as rage started to take over again.

"No, you don't understand!" Miss Indra looked desperate. 

"Please Coventina, just give us a chance to explain." Mr. Douglas spoke, standing next to Miss Indra.

"I've given you plenty of chances and every time I'm met with lies or redirections!" I shouted back. I had some images flash behind my eyes. They were too quick for me to grasp what was happening but it was like I'd been in this position before, only slightly different.

"Coventina," My head snapped over to the side at the sound of Mr. Peters voice. He was limping and holding on to his left arm. It was hanging funny and when I checked him over, he had a dislocated shoulder as well as a broken humorous. He had a lot more injuries, worse injuries, making me surprised he was up and walking. 

Serves him right.

I glared at him, raising a hand to send a hydro cannon at him. Just before I sent the attack, earth wrapped its way up around my body. I looked down at myself, trying to move but I was stuck in place. I looked at the teachers, seeing Mr. Alon lower his hands. I growled in frustration, panic starting to bubble up inside as I couldn't move.

"Let me go!" I snarled. 

"Coventina," Mr. Peters said my name again, stepping closer to me. "You're right. We haven't been fully truthful." My eyes narrowed in on him. "There's somethings you don't understand but also, there's just things you don't know purely because of how you were raised."

"Don't you dare bring my mother into this." I hissed at him. My temper shot up again. I filled all the earth around me with water, drenching it until it loosened. I broke free, raising my arms, sending another tidal wave at them. When I stopped the attack, I fell to my knees panting. I looked up to see the teachers lowering there defence against my attack. Most of the students were getting up and standing behind them now.

"Stop it, Splash!" I looked behind Miss Indra as Phoenix broke free from the crowd. He took a couple of steps towards me.

"Can't you see you're taking this too far? You want answers but you're not listening to them!" Phoenix shouted at me.

"Don't get involved Match Stick, you just don't understand." I glared at him.

"I do understand but what you're doing isn't okay, you're attacking the teachers, you're attacking your peers, your friends." Phoenix was almost sounding desperate. He took another step closer to me. "Can't you see what you're doing is wrong?"

"All this time I thought you believed in me, I thought you loved me." My voice was almost a whisper but he still heard me. Phoenix took another step towards me.

"I do love you Splash, of course I do, did I ever tell you why I call you Splash?" I shook my head at him. "Because, my life was empty, there was nothing, just anger and hatred. Then you came along and woke me up. It was like you splashed ice cold water over me and I was finally living again." I felt my insides start to melt at his words. My anger wavered slightly, my wall starting to come down. "But, what you're doing now, who you're becoming, all of this, this isn't the right thing to do. You've started a war."

"A war that needed to happen." I snapped, the wall going back up.

"Listen to yourself, you sound just like Mars!" I froze at his words.

"Don't you dare!" I growled at the end, lifting a hand and sending him flying backwards with my blood bending.

"Coventina!" Mr. Peters shouted at me. I looked at him with my eyes, not moving my head. "What you are doing, controlling people with their blood, is illegal. You can not do that!"

"What you going to do? Arrest me?" I smirked at him. Mr. Peters raised a hand and clenched his fist. I was suddenly encased in a glass prison. My head snapped up to look at him. "You have more than one affinity?" I shouted. I read about glass being an earth elements affinity. It was rather rare and not often spoken about. Mr. Peters nodded his head at me.

"LIAR!" I saw nothing but red. I froze the glass surrounding me, using frostbite. It shattered, cutting parts of my skin along the way. I didn't care though. All I could see was a bullseye on Mr. Peters face. I sent frostbite after frostbite in his direction but he always managed to dodge or shield the attack.

"You lied to me again!" I raged at him. "You said you didn't know why I had so many affinities, failing to mention you have more than one yourself!" I could only feel my outrage, everything else fell around me. Nothing existed except for Mr. Peters and my rage towards him. I sent attack after attack directly at his face, never relenting to let him retaliate. 

Kill.

My attacks only stopped when my body stopped moving. I was frozen into place, struggling against the invisible hold that was on my body. I tried to look around to see what was going on but I couldn't. I felt my eyes go wide in panic at not knowing what was going on. What was happening to me? I tried everything to move my body, including blood bending my own body, but it wouldn't work, no matter how hard I tired. My eyes were wide and my breathing fast as panic took over. I whimpered, not knowing or understanding what was going on.

Just then, I felt the presence of two water elements enter the school grounds and make their way over to us. One I recognised straight away. My breathing became faster at the realisation that they were walking towards us. 

How?

How was that even possible?

I closed my eyes tightly, thinking I was dreaming and I would wake up soon. When I opened them, everything was as it was. Mr. Peters was looking in the direction of the two people walking towards us. Everyone noticed where he was looking too and gasped. When they were in my line of vision, I stopped breathing.

Impossible.

I took a deep breath when my lungs started screaming at me. No, no, no, this can't be real. This can't be happening. This must be a dream. This must all be a dream. Maybe during training I got knocked out somewhere and everything that has happened in the last two days is just a coma nightmare. There's no way that what I'm seeing right now is real. When the two people made it to us, my breathing was so heavy and loud, I was worried I wouldn't hear them talk. Blood was rushing through my ears, my heart racing at what I was witnessing.

"Coventina," Mrs. Darya looked at me broken heartedly. She looked completely healthy. I checked her body over to find she had fully healed. I wanted to speak. I wanted to tell her how sorry I was. I never meant to hurt her. I was just so angry and upset from fighting with Phoenix, I took it out on her. She was the first person to ever show me true compassion, true kindness. I wanted nothing more than to break down and cry that she was okay.

"Daughter." I looked at the man stood next to her, only recognising him from the painting down the corridor.

"Dad?" I finally managed to breathe out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 54.6K 62
Credits: 'MsChallenjour' for the amazing yet beautiful book cover and 'Daring2BeMe' for trying to edit the first few chapters of the book. Also, the...
181K 6.6K 33
Adrianna, a girl with the element water. She entered element academy to learn and control her element water, which is one of the four elements that a...
660K 27.4K 45
(NOT EDITED AT ALL) (LOTS OF GRAMMAR ERRORS) (I was young when I wrote this lol) "You're special, fire boy," the man grins, "you and the others are...
1.7K 144 30
Serena, the heiress to the throne is born, bringing joy to her parents, the King and the Queen, and every resident of Elementia. Everyone is expectan...