It All Started with a Beanie

By younggirlsyd

Most people wear beanies as a fashion accessory, but for Erin Walker, it's not an option. Since she was 12, E... More

(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
Author's Note

(14)

18 1 2
By younggirlsyd

Erin

After we had called a truce, we were both covered in flour. I had threw the first shot, but Parsons clearly got the most flour on me. My beanie was covered almost completely and my clothes were almost white in color.

He had a good bit of flour on his shirt and a bunch of smears on his face from when I threw it at him, but his pants barely had any flour on them.

We stand in front of each other, looking at how ridiculous we look. Before long, we couldn't keep it in. We both began to laugh. 

I stop laughing when I realize he's touching my face. My eyes widen at first, unaware of what's happening. But I quickly realize he's cleaning my face. The wet cloth gently touches my skin. However, he holds my head with his hand, his fingers touching the side of my neck and his thumb resting on my cheek. He doesn't hold my head firmly, with a gentle touch. 

His hands are soft.

His tongue rests slightly on his bottom lip, telling me he's concentrated. I muffle a chuckle at his antics and I think that snaps him out of his trance. He coughs awkwardly and places the cloth on the counterspace. He begins to turn away, walking a couple of steps, but I stop him by grabbing his hand. He turns his head to me, his green eyes holding curiosity in them.

I release my hand from his when I realize it was getting sweaty.

Nervous, are we?

Oh shut up.

I look behind me, clearing the counterspace before hopping on it. With the cloth in one hand, I gesture for him to come closer. He wedges himself between my legs, shocking me a bit. I quietly gasp at the gesture but quickly recover before he can comment on it. 

I've never had a guy between my legs before.

Well there's a first time for everything.

I slowly reach my hand out to his face. I hold his face the same way he did me, my fingers resting on the side of his neck and my thumb on his cheek. His eyes stare into my mine as I lift the damp cloth to his skin. I fold it over my left thumb, wiping his face as gently as I can. The flour comes off easy yet I take my time with it.

I don't realize his hands rest on my waist until I pulled back ever so slightly, to check if I messed any flour. I lean back in, a small smile on my face due to his action, and wipe off some flour left on his forehead.

"What are you smiling about?" He asks, a smile on his face.

"I could ask you the same thing." My smile remains on my face.

Am I actually happy right now?

I lean back once more, nodding at how clean his face is and set the cloth on the counter. When I turn back to him, his face is much closer to mine. I gasp, causing a smirk to appear on his face.

"Do I make you nervous, Beanie?" I shake my head, scared that if I spoke I would mess up my words. My eyes widen ever so slightly when I notice his face getting closer. As I find myself doing the same, the sound of the front door opening pulls us out of this trance.

"I'm home!" The sound of Mrs. Shannon's voice fills the air and Parsons quickly steps back, releasing his hands from my waist. The warmth leaves and I quickly long for the feeling to return.

I hop of the counter, standing against it. My left arm holds my elbow, my head looking down. We both begin to feel uncomfortable and it's obvious.

"Hey, kids." A smile sits on Mrs. Shannon's face as she walks in with a great number of shopping bags. Parsons is quick to his mom's side, taking the bags from her and putting them on the dining room table.

"Hey, Mum." He gives her a kiss on the cheek after placing all the bags down.

"You actually sound British when you say 'mum'." I fake a British accent when say 'mum', causing Parsons to roll his eyes, a hint of a smile on his face.

Mrs. Shannon's smile grows even wider as she glances between the two of us. She quickly realizes all the flour on us and the kitchen. A gasp escapes her lips. "Oh my goodness. What happened?"

Only then do I realize how much of a mess Parsons and I made when we had our flour fight. I quietly laugh at the mess.

"Oh um, we just spilt a little flour." Parsons gives his mother an apologetic smile, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I giggle at his response and he looks at me, smiling.

Gosh, his smile is so gorgeous.

I bet you would like it better on your lips.

I shake my head, trying to rid myself of those thoughts. Parsons raises one of his eyebrows, confused. I just shake my head in response, not making eye contact.

"Well I expect this kitchen to be spotless by tonight. You hear me?" Her authoritative tone shocks me, since it's so contradicting to how she typically talks. Parsons nods. She smiles at his response before turning to me. "But I can't wait to see how the muffins turned out." She smiles at me before walking away from us.

Parsons walks over to me. He stands directly in front of me. For a moment, I believed he was going to kiss me, since he was as close as before, but instead, he grabs the cloth that is slightly behind me.

A blush rises to my cheeks and I turn my head away in slight embarrassment, a smirk forming on his lips.

You wanted to kiss him!

No I didn't!

Then why are you blushing?

Because- I um- 

"You should probably get cleaned up." He snaps me out of his thoughts. I watch as his back muscles clench as he wipes down the counters. "You can use my bathroom. It's upstairs. If you go right, it's two doors down on the right side." I nod, even though his back is turned to me.

I walk up the stairs and take his directions. I open the door and walk in. The walls are a deep blue color. The shower curtains are a light grey. The counter has a marbled tile on it. The bathroom actually looks bland, but I like the simplicity of it. 

I notice a door on the side. I open it and a room is revealed. I quickly realize it's Parsons' room. On the wall are posters of KISS, AC/DC, Queen, and other rock bands. He has blue comforters on his bed. His room has a dark theme to it. His walls are a dark grey, his comforters a dark blue, his desk a darker wood color. However, there's not too much darkness to it. It honestly seems rather bright, even though most of the color are darker shades.

I notice a duffle bag beside his bed. The urge to see what it is fills me but I decide not to. I've already invaded his space by going into his room, I don't need to go through his things. 

I step back into the bathroom. I make sure the door is closed and begin to clean myself.

Neil

It was weird having all this silence. Beanie took her phone up to the bathroom so no music was playing. The only noises were the thoughts inside my head and the cleaning I was doing.

After I cleaned up all the flour, washed the dishes we used, and cleaned the counters off, I decided to see what Mum bought. When I opened the bags, I noticed things for Char's birthday party. I then realized her seventh birthday was in less than a week. I notice all the My Little Pony themed items and even a My Little Pony themed dress.

I quickly realize I didn't give Beanie any clothes to change into. I go upstairs and enter my room. I rummage through my dresser and find an old pair of sweatpants that don't fit anymore and an old t-shirt. I also pick out a pair of avocado socks to give to her. 

As I walk to the bathroom, which is connected to my room, I notice the door is slightly open. I don't hear the shower running anymore as I get closer. I lightly knock on the door as I approach it, not wanting to intrude. When she doesn't answer, I push the door open just a little but more. 

Then for the first time, I see her without her beanie. She doesn't notice me, but I can't help to look. She has an almost bald spot on the back of her head. But what's most shocking is the scabs around it. 

Her hands glide over the spot for a second but she then notices me. Her eyes widen in horror and she quickly rushes to the door and closes it before I have a chance to speak.

Erin

He saw. He saw the scabs. He saw me without my beanie. This is it. He won't want to be friends with me anymore.

I hear his knocks against the door but I just ignore them. My back is against the door, my body on the ground. I bring my knees close to my chest, resting my head on them. My arms wrap around my legs. I feel tears begin to slowly drip down my face.

I'm never going to have friends now.

Don't say that. He might accept you, like ET did.

Yeah, but he's not Elliott. He's Parsons. He'll probably tell the whole school how much of a freak I am like how Tori did when she saw that one time in the bathroom and found out why I have to wear a beanie.

But he's not Tori. And you didn't tell him what happened. Tori was-

"Hey, Beanie?" His voice brings me out of my thoughts. 

"Go away." I mutter, not caring if he heard me or not.

"Open the door and we can talk." His tone is gentle, pleading almost.

He sounds genuine.

So did Tori.

"Just go away." I say this a bit louder. I hear a sigh escape his lips. He sounds like he's right up against the door, like how I am.

"Fine. If you insist. I left some clothes on my bed." I hear his footsteps retreat and a door close. I sit on the ground a bit longer, waiting for my tears to dry. I wipe them off and stand up. 

When I open the door, hesitantly, I notice the room is empty. I sigh slightly in relief. I walk to the edge of his bed. He laid out a pair of grey sweatpants, like the ones I was wearing, a Beatles shirt, and a pair of avocado socks.

A small smile approaches my lips at the sight of the socks but quickly leaves when I remember the situation. I quickly change into the clothes and get my things.

On my way out of his room, I meet Mrs. Shannon.

"Oh, hello dear." She looks quite confused, seeing how I just came out of Parsons' room.

"Oh, no." I say, noticing her confusion. "He's downstairs. I was just changing."

She nods. "Are you planning on staying to taste the muffins? I heard them come out of the oven a couple of minutes ago. I was just going down to try one now."

"I actually need to be getting home. My mom called and said it was an emergency." 

"Oh, okay. Well I hope everything is alright and don't be afraid to come over again." I nod and before I know it, she pulls me into a hug. I'm stunned at the reaction but quickly recover, wrapping my arms around her. We stand like that for a minute before I begin to pull away and she follows my actions. She begins to go down the stairs and I wait a minute or two before going down myself. I don't waste time in looking for Parsons to say goodbye. 

I just leave.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N

Hey guys! Long time no talk. I hope you're enjoying the story thus far. 

I just wanted to ask how you were liking the format of the story so far. Do you like having split views in the chapters? Do you want more of a point of view from a certain character? Please comment your thoughts and opinions.

Have an amazing day and enjoy reading!

- Sydney B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 13.1K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
225K 5K 72
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...