Omega (TaeKook)

Von 22moon_girl97

Taehyung was one of the rare kind, a trueblood. When he returned to his pack, the last thing he expected to... Mehr

PART I.
× one ×
× two ×
× three ×
× four ×
× five ×
× six ×
× eight ×
× nine ×
× ten ×
× eleven ×
× twelve ×
× thirteen ×
× fourteen ×
× fifteen ×
PART II.
× sixteen ×
× seventeen ×
× eighteen ×
! nineteen !
× twenty ×
× twenty-one ×
× twenty-two ×
× twenty-three ×

× seven ×

280 12 10
Von 22moon_girl97

Fated mates

×××

"I'm screwed," Taehyung laid his head down on the table with a deep sigh. It was his well-deserved day-off and he was currently sitting in the common room with Jimin and Yoongi.

From the background, other wolves' delightful chatter and laughter filtered into his ears as they all played foosball or ping pong. There were also those who voted for dart, while others just sank in a beanbag and chattered about what had happened during the week. Taehyung was just one around them. He sat with the couple around the coffee table that Jimin covered with different types of napkins.

The beta was too busy choosing which napkin to use for his wedding to actually pay attention but Yoongi was already fed up with the selection so he turned to him and asked.

"Why?" He randomly pointed to a serviette to which Jimin immediately shook his head. The older sighed and tried not to roll his eyes.

Taehyung lifted his head up from the table only to send a miserable look towards Yoongi before putting his face back down. "Because I fell in love with Jungkook."

His voice came out a little muffled as his cheek was pressed against the table's hard wooden surface but Jimin and Yoongi still managed to understand him. Jimin jerked his head away from his precious napkins and looked and Taehyung while Yoongi just sat there, his eyes as big as golf balls.

Taehyung didn't dare to look at his friends' reaction, but he slowly raised his head up after he didn't receive any. Yoongi was still speechless but Jimin was mad enough for the both of them. If eyes could kill, Taehyung would have been long dead after meeting with Jimin's furious gaze.

"No, you did not," Jimin demanded as if an intimidating tone would change Taehyung's feelings.

But Taehyung was already too deep into it. "Yes, I did."

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

"No, you-"

"Yes, I did, Jimin," Taehyung sighed out of frustration and buried his fingers into his curly locks. It's not like he was happy with this outcome but he no longer saw a reason to deny his feelings. After their little video game marathon, Taehyung was quite sure that his feelings for Jungkook were neither platonic nor innocent. And they were definitely not friendly.

After the omega didn't return to their room as agreed, Taehyung debated with himself all night whether to go after him or not. He stayed eventually, but spent the whole night wide awake, rolling in his bed as he couldn't stop worrying about Jungkook.

He knew Jungkook could take care of himself and if he showed up at their door it would only make the situation worse, but that hadn't helped him sleep more peacefully. He has never been this stressed out in his whole life.

"Then fall out of love," Jimin offered as a simple solution, and Taehyung facepalmed.

"Wow, thanks, Chim. How did I not think of that?" Taehyung's voice was dripping in sarcasm but Jimin only grimaced at him before turning his full body towards the trueblood. He had a serious expression on so Taehyung knew he was about to get scolded. Well, he deserved it.

"This is wrong in so many ways, Tae. Jungkook is engaged. He will break your heart," Jimin tried to a reason with him.

"Yeah, and Jungkook's an asshole," Yoongi added but shut up at once he received a slap on his tights from Jimin. He rubbed the spot where the beta hit him with a pained face. "I mean... you deserve better."

"Exactly," Jimin smiled and nodded at his fiancé.

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi, then at Jimin. He knew they were right. He knew he shouldn't love Jungkook. He was only a friend to him. But Taehyung couldn't do anything against that elusive attraction that pulled him to the omega. Even he didn't understand it. It just felt like Jungkook was always with him. He was always there in the back of his mind even if they weren't physically close to each other. Taehyung really didn't want to feel that way, but he couldn't help it. And that was the most terrifying part of all. That he had no control over it.

"It feels like the universe pulls us together," Taehyung mumbled, trying to explain his feelings. It was so confusing to him too. "Like, I can smell where he is all the time, and sometimes I just found myself walking to him without even realizing what I'm doing. It's like he hypnotized me. I can't get him out of my mind."

"That's kind of abnormal," Yoongi grimaced. He turned to Jimin for affirmation but the younger was already biting his lips in worry. Yoongi knew this face, his man had a really bad feeling about Taehyung's little crush.

But before Jimin could say anything, another voice joined in. "Not, if you're fated mates."

The trio looked up at the same time. Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin were standing at their table, hand in hand, with wide smiles plastered on their faces. Taehyung groaned internally while Yoongi actually did it loudly as they recognized them.

That was the effect of Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, also known as the most annoying couple in the whole pack.

"Fated mates?" Taehyung asked but his question got overshadowed by Yoongi. "What are you doing here?"

It's not like they didn't like the couple. Namjoon was Taehyung's old roommate and currently worked with Jimin as a program manager. Both Namjoon and Seokjin have been members of Taehyung's old group of friends but since it turned out they were fated mates and married each other, it was almost impossible to bear with them. They were very irritating.

"We came to deliver a message," Seokjin said and turned to look at Taehyung.

"The Head Alpha wants to see you in his office," Namjoon continued just the way they always talked. There was no way anyone could have a private conversation with any of them as they always took turns to whatever they wanted to say. As if they knew each other's thoughts. It was kind of creepy.

"He asked us to take you there," Jin finished and flashed a smile at Taehyung. It just creeped him out even more.

He didn't need to ask why he wanted to see him, he already knew. He stood up and dusted his sweatpants.

"What is it about?" Jimin's scared voice startled both Taehyung and Yoongi. But Namjoon and Seokjin only sent a pitiful look over to him. "We don't know."

They sad that but they certainly knew. The way they watched as Taehyung left the common room with them were clear evidence that they knew what was waiting for the trueblood. And if Taehyung wanted to be honest, he also had a really good guess.

As they slowly left behind the other wolves, including the overly worried Jimin and Yoongi who were trying to calm him down, Taehyung's thoughts took a completely different path, one that stood far away from the scolding that awaited him.

He glanced at the couple walking next to him. Namjoon and Seokjin held each other's hands so proudly and happily. Taehyung wished he could do something like that too.

"Um..." he trailed off, trying to gather his thoughts. It was enough to gain the betas' attention, both of them looking at the trueblood now. "You said something back there. Something about fated mates?"

Taehyung had a difficulty to put his messy thoughts into proper sentences. He could only hope that the husbands understood him. Luckily, Seokjin seemed to catch on.

"Yeah, what you described was exactly like what I felt before I turned 20." He nodded and squeezed Namjoon's hand.

Taehyung felt his face pale, all the colors immediately leaving his skin. He couldn't decide if this was a good thing or not. On one hand, he was glad that he might not have become obsessed with Jungkook, only the Moon Goddess played an ugly joke on him, but also at the same time, Jungkook was still Hoseok's fiancé, which further complicated the situation.

"S-So you think I-I have a fated mate?" Taehyung stuttered because the mere thought of Jungkook being his fated mate freaked him out. Fated mates were super rare and kind of mysterious. It felt unreal.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "We cannot know that."

"Only you can tell," Jin added, looking deep into Taehyung eyes. "After you turn 20, you'll know for sure."

Taehyung gulped dryly. There were barely two months until his birthday. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to know or not. If Jungkook was really his fated mate, then it would only complicate things even further.

"Who is the lucky one?" Namjoon smiled at him, his dimples digging deep into his cheeks.

"No one!" Taehyung hurried to say. There is no way he could admit to them that it was Jungkook. He didn't need another lecture. "J-Just a boy."

"Oh, a boy," Seokjin whistled and Namjoon chuckled at his playful tone. "A boy with huge doe eyes, and blond locks?"

The trueblood stopped as he froze down. It took a few seconds to the other two to realize Taehyung was left behind. They turned back, staring at the shocked younger. Doing all this in perfect sync.

"How do you-?" Taehyung didn't finish his sentence. After he saw how Jin rolled his eyes, he shut up.

"You just confessed it to Jimin and Yoongi."

"And why do you think the Head Alpha asked for you?" Namjoon arched an eyebrow.

Taehyung would be lying if he said he was surprised. After Jungkook didn't return to their room, he somehow knew he would pay for that game marathon. Although they hadn't done anything wrong, it didn't stop Hoseok from raging last time either.

The trueblood sighed before he started to walk again. They slowly reached the elevators and after all of them got inside, Taehyung asked. "And what do you think about it?"

Seokjin used his free hand - which wasn't occupied by Namjoon - to push the button to the first floor. "I think you're either very stupid or extremely unlucky."

Namjoon only nodded along with the older in agreement. Taehyung already knew he was an idiot for falling in love with Jungkook, he could only agree with that too.

"What am I supposed to do if he really turns out to be my fated mate?" Taehyung asked them desperately.

Seokjin opened his mouth to say something but the elevator's soft dinging indicating that they have arrived to the first floor choked the words into him. The door slid open and Taehyung was the first one who left the cabin.

"Let's just hope he's not," Jin finally said.

"Having a fated mate is not all sunshine and rainbow," Namjoon shook his head.

"It's a violent feeling."

"You can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate on anything if the other is not with you."

"You want to monopolize the other."

"You could easily kill anyone who touches your mate."

"Being jealous all the time is quite tiring."

"It's unhealthy and toxic."

"But it's not like you could do anything about it."

Taehyung kept snapping his head between the two betas as they spoke, getting more and more desperate. Taehyung lived in a fairy world where he thought having a fated mate was a magical experience. Namjoon and Seokjin just refuted this.

Although Taehyung had not wanted the omega to be his fated mate so far either - for obvious reasons - now, he just hoped even more that it wasn't the case here.

But somewhere in the depths of his heart, he knew that what Jungkook elicited from him was not normal. It was violent, unhealthy and toxic just like Namjoon and Seokjin described.

"Jungkook is taken and there's no way that either Hoseok or the Head Alpha would let you break their engagement just because you're fated," Seokjin explained as they walked down the hallway, getting dangerously close to the Head Alpha's office.

"They would force Jungkook to reject you."

"Rejection is painful."

"For a trueblood, it's deadly."

Taehyung gulped at that information. They stopped in front of the huge wooden door, his hand resting on the doorknob but not turning it. Taehyung had never felt so frightened before. He has never dreaded entering the alpha's office. He has always appeared here with a wide smile on his face, but now he was unable to do so. The thought of death completely deterred him.

And it was all because of Jungkook. What a mess he got himself into!

Suddenly a hand was placed on his right shoulder and Taehyung's gaze followed the arm which led him to Seokjin's face. The beta tried to smile at him, a feeble attempt to make him feel lighter. I didn't work, Taehyung was already shaking.

"There's still a chance that we are mistaken," he said.

Taehyung nodded but he kind of knew there was a special bond that attached him to Jungkook. That was the only logical explanation. If it wasn't for some stupid magical bond, Taehyung would long stayed away from the young omega. So many warned him, even Taehyung himself realized it would be better for them without each other, yet he found himself looking for Jungkook every time.

He needed to end this as soon as possible.

Namjoon and Seokjin waved goodbye to the trueblood but not before they both patted his back, as a kind of encouragement for what was waiting for him. They all knew that nothing good would happen to Taehyung beyond that door.

And they were right.

After Taehyung slowly pushed the door open, he took a glimpse of the Head Alpha in the dark room as he leaned his lower part loosely on his desk, discussing something with Hoseok. The soon-to-be Head Alpha was also present and didn't even try to hide his displeasure when Taehyung entered the room.

The scowl ruining his face was evidently addressed to Taehyung, the trueblood didn't even question it. He decided to ignore him, and turned directly to the Head Alpha.

Unfortunately, the man was not in his best mood either. Although he didn't seem as irritated as Hoseok, his usual smile that always greeted Taehyung was now left behind an unreadable expression. Taehyung wasn't sure if he was disappointed, angry, or sad. Somehow he seemed everything at once.

Taehyung slowly closed the door behind himself and stood nervously in front of the two alphas. They radiated incredible power, and if Taehyung hadn't been a powerful alpha himself too, he might have even considered the situation intimidating.

Although Taehyung never showed, he was strong and firm too.

The Head Alpha was the first one who broke the silent staring content between the three of them. He let out a small sigh before speaking up.

"Welcome, Taehyung," he rasped, his voice neither angry nor sad. It was just empty which made Taehyung fear his life a little bit more. He didn't know what to expect. "Please take a seat."

Taehyung followed the man's gaze that fell on a single chair in the middle of the room. It wasn't like he could have objected against the instruction, but the boy didn't feel comfortable with the thought of being the only one sitting.

Of course, these concerns only existed in his head. In reality, he took a seat without any further excuse and looked up submissively at Hoseok and the Head Alpha who were towering over him like giants with their arms crossed. In some way, it was funny because normally Taehyung was taller than both of them.

"So Taehyung," the Head Alpha started, still using that neutral tone that somehow freak the living hell out of the trueblood. "Do you have any idea why you're here?"

Yes, he had a very strong hunch but decided to play the innocent. His life was already on the line because of some silly magical bond, he didn't need to get himself into a bigger mess.

He shook his head slowly and tried to appear as confused as possible. "Not really."

Hoseok scoffed at that, glaring down at him. "No need for pretending. Jungkook already told us everything!"

Jungkook? No, Taehyung highly doubted that. Jungkook wasn't stupid. And Taehyung had previously realized that although Jungkook was supposed to be a submissive omega who was ready to fulfill every whishes of his alpha, the boy had no difficulty in lying into Hoseok's face.

Jungkook hadn't told the truth before, Taehyung was sure he didn't do it this time either.

And Jungkook wasn't the only one who had the ability to lie. Taehyung was a trueblood, no one could tell him what to do. If he wanted to lie, he could lie. And he was just about to do that.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said in the most innocuous way. He even blinked up at them a couple of times, looking all clueless.

It just angered Hoseok even more. He took a step closer, ready to throw a punch right into Taehyung's face but fortunately, a strong grip enclosing around his wrist pulled him back. "Enough, Hoseok!" the Head Alpha roared, then turned to look at the trueblood. "Let's approach this from another angle. Where were you last evening?"

"I was in the gym with Yoongi." It wasn't really a lie, he was there.

He managed to maintain a straight face and bear with Hoseok's and the Head Alpha's suspicious look. "And after that?"

"I went back to my room. I was tired so I wanted to sleep." Okay, maybe he skipped out a few hours where he was sitting with Jungkook in the Luna's garden, but it was still half-true what he was saying.

"And you didn't run into Jungkook by any chance, did you?" Hoseok arched an eyebrow. It was clear that he didn't believe a single word of Taehyung's little story.

Since the trueblood had no idea what Jungkook told them, he went with what seemed like the safe way and shook his head. That was his first mistake that day.

Hoseok yelled out a triumphant 'Ha!' and smirked down at him. "That's funny, y'know. Because Jungkook said he spent the evening in your room."

Well, crap.

Taehyung finally got an idea what lie Jungkook might have presented to Hoseok. His fiancé probably smelled another alpha on him, but since Jungkook was forbidden to spend his time with other unmated alphas, there was only one option left which explained why Jungkook smelled like that but also assured him not going straight against the rules. Thankfully, Taehyung got the idea pretty soon.

He shrugged his shoulders in an easy-going way, pretending he didn't give a fuck to this world. To his luck, he spent enough time with Yoongi to master the act. "Yeah, he was there."

Hoseok deadpanned while the Head Alpha remained motionless with no visible emotions on his face. Taehyung finally understood from where Jungkook learnt it.

"What? But you just said you didn't see him!" Hoseok was slowly but gradually losing his patience.

Taehyung nodded cautiously. "No, I said I didn't run into him. I did see him in my room when I got back. He was playing video games with my roommate, Beomgyu. He's a beta, you know."

Hoseok and the Head Alpha shared a look before the man opened his mouth. "So you're saying that you spent the night with my son."

"I wouldn't say that," Taehyung trailed off. "I mean, he spent his time with Beomgyu, I just happened to be there. They were really into that game, didn't pay any attention to me. I was just laying in my bed, trying to sleep until Jungkook left around ten or something."

"And you expect us to believe that?" Hoseok scoffed. "When you have already been caught with him before?"

Taehyung dared to flash a smug smirk at him. Second mistake. "What? Do you feel threatened by me?"

This time, it wasn't Hoseok who sent a warning look to the trueblood. "Taehyung," the Head Alpha raised his voice, bringing Taehyung's attention back to him. "Jungkook is not allowed to be around other alphas. Especially not around unmated truebloods."

"I know and I'm pretty sure Jungkook knows this too." Third mistake. Assuming that Jungkook had any control in his life was a foul mistake.

"No, Jungkook doesn't know what is good for him. This is why we are here. He tends to do reckless things like befriending with alphas as if he's still thinking of himself as one. We have spotted you with him before so our worries are valid," the Head Alpha explained in an even tone. His voice was ice cold while his gaze was burning with restrained anger.

He looked calm from the outside, but if Taehyung took a closer look, he could see that the man was gripping the edge of the desk so tightly that his knuckles became white. He tensed his jaw while a prominent vein in the middle of his forehead slowly pumped the blood in his system. His face turned into a darker shade of red, outlining the blue line even more.

In spite of the fact that how mad he was, his voice still came out as they were chatting over their afternoon tea.

"Jungkook's judgmental ability equals to zero, but lucky to him, we are here to protect him from unwanted wooers. My son is quite popular among alphas, many tried to get into his pants, but none of them get close to him alive." The sinister grin that crept its way to the man's face caused a wave of shiver running down the trueblood's spine. 

Killing went straight against the pack's rules but naturally, no one could do anything if the murder was committed directly by the leader. Taehyung of course, didn't believe that the Head Alpha had ever done such a thing. News like a murder spread among the wolves very quickly, it was impossible to avoid it.

However, he did believe that he didn't go easy on those who tried to seduce his son. Taehyung could imagine expelling someone just because he raised a hand on Jungkook. 

Taehyung didn't want that.

The Head Alpha straightened his posture as he leaned closer to Taehyung. He stopped right beside the trueblood's ear, his hot breath fanning against the boy's burning skin. "I hope you're not planning to do anything unholy to my son."

The boy shook his head frantically to which the Head Alpha just flashed another crazy-looking grin. "Good. Since you and Jungkook also claim to meet just by accident, I let you go this time. But you better remember this, no one can get close to Jungkook!"

The only problem was that Taehyung was already pretty close to the boy. Of course, he was not planning to tell them this by no means, his life was more precious than that. And unfortunately, Jungkook has already threatened it in several ways.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

531K 18.3K 35
"Why are you always so far away from me? So far that I can't reach you...." - Taehyung Taehyung, an omega who only desire to cherish the love betwee...
119K 4.6K 32
[Complete] Where Jungkook doesn't want a mate and where Taehyung is waiting for his mate since little because of his parents. So what will happen? bo...
1.4M 91.5K 31
Taehyung wasn't aware there were other werewolves besides him. That is, until he's taken away from his familiar but horrible life and gets pushed int...
234K 11K 61
Jungkook and Taehyung have been friends as long as they can remember, and being in the different ranks was never an issue. Until one of the two get...