His Serenity

By Stella_Cadante

In the realm of guns, lies, deception and beasts, an angel was born "Damn it!" --- More

Author's note
Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: Bruno and Ice creams
Chapter 2: Promises and Good byes
Chapter 3: The Island
Chapter 4: Back home
Chapter 5: The Ball
Chapter 6: Encounter with the ice prince
Chapter 7: "Why her!"
Chapter 8: Broken promises
Chapter 9: Dinner with the Vitali's
Chapter 10: Testing the Irish mob
Chapter 11: The "Keep"
Chapter 12: Wise words from Papy Fostello
Chapter 13: Forever mine
Chapter 14: Mysterious Alessandro
Chapter 15: Possessive and Gentle
Chapter 17: Athena Springton
Chapter 18: New School and Friends
Chapter 19: Trapped in the ballet chamber with the evil mistress
Chapter 20: Ice cream and Calculus
Chapter 21: The nightmare
Chapter 22: New feelings and heart aches
Chapter 23: Serenity was attacked
Chapter 24: A new side of Alessandro in the hospital
Chapter 25: Crazy and toxic Svetlana
Chapter 26: She was playing the Joan of Arc
Chapter 27: He forced the verdict in her hands
Chapter 28: He almost kill her from his outburst
Chapter 29: The O'Sullivan twins are back
Chapter 30: Redesigning his room
Chapter 31: Angry Alessandro is scary!
Birthday gowns for milady!
Chapter 32: Jealousy, Jealousy
Chapter 33: someone came to visit
Chapter 34: Bad boy?
Chapter 35: The Birthday Ball
Chapter 36: Birthday Ball-II
Chapter 37: The Birthday Ball -III
Chapter 38: Falling into their own traps
Chapter 39: Nostalgia from years back
Chapter 40: Revelations of facades
Chapter 41: the wrath of the previous generation
Chapter 42: New tides
Chapter 43:

Chapter 16: The Ice prince was very warm

54.7K 1.8K 734
By Stella_Cadante

***

Alicia had made it up with Serenity and they were back to being best buddies once again. well, at least according to Alicia, they were.Just as the clock hit noon, they were on to their respective SUV's for the way to the Vitali's private air field. Much to Alessandro's disappointment, both the girls had pleaded they travel together in the same vehicle. And somehow he couldn't resist the big amethyst eyes pleading at him. He agreed reluctantly as he drive alone in his Lamborghini.

He had wanted the little red head all to himself but sadly he couldn't break that hopeful expression on her face then again who said he wasn't going to make her make it up to him.

And he had gotten the just perfect plan in his head.

The short trip to the airport was filled with fun and excitement for Serenity. Alicia forced the driver to hype up the radio as they sang along to familiar songs and tried to make up lyrics for the ones they don't know.

"Remember JB's 'Baby'. I used to sing it as 'Cousino will be mineeee, mineeeee' for like 7 years till one of ex crush back then pointed out I was singing the wrong lyrics the whole time."

Serenity laughed hard at Alicia's memories.

"And that wasn't the only case, I once tried singing Despacito in the annual singing competition and my Spanish teacher fainted. Alessandro almost kick my ass off the stage."

Serenity held her tummy as it ached from her laughter.

"Oh dear! I have never laughed so hard in my life." she cried.

"Jeez, your cheeks are red! You look like a tomato."

"Really" Serenity fanned her face "Alright! I think I should calm down. No more jokes."

"Okay one time, I was in a poultry farm and I saw some chicks hatching and I wanted one. But Alessandro will never allow it if I bring it home so you guess what I did?"

"What?" Serenity asked

"I stuffed it in my bra."

"Alicia!"

"But Alessandro caught it before I even got inside the car."

Serenity grinned, "How?"

"He thought I wasn't suppose to have an extra breast."

Both of them burst out laughing.

And before they know, they had arrived at their destination. Although Alicia had managed to put her in a better mood, Serenity couldn't help the warm dejected feeling building up. Its hardly been a week since she had arrived in Ireland and now she is forced to leave again. Its like she just wasn't meant to be on the Irish soil.

As she took in her surrounding, her eyes widened. Right in front of her stood two majestic private jets, a golden-black and a pink. The black one much larger than the pink one.

She gasped lowly.

Although she had traveled in business class in normal flights, that was nothing compared to what was in front of her.

"Are we going in that?" she asked Alicia carefully.

The girl nodded absentmindedly, checking her phone 'Yes, Alessandro is having a talk with the head pilot. We have to wait for a few minutes before he give us the green light. Okay?"

"Okay" Serenity replied in a small tone.

It didn't take long for Alessandro to come out with the said pilot. He nodded at Alicia to board the awaiting jet.

Alicia looked over her shoulder to Serenity and said "Follow me."

Serenity obediently follow her, clueless. Just as she was about to walk past Alessandro, she was stopped by a calloused hand on her small wrist.

"You're coming with me, love" he said.

Serenity turned hesitatingly to Alicia "B-But I w-want to go with A-Alicia." she mumbled softly.

She didn't notice the hardened expression on Alessandro's face. His grip on her wrist tightened slowly. Serenity winched and looked up at him when it began to hurt. Her mouth parted as a shiver ran down her spine. She was intimidated.

Her innocent amethyst eyes clashed with his dark midnight blue orbs and he was suddenly brought to his senses when he realized how fragile and gullible she was. He sighed deeply and brought her nearly bruised wrist to his lips.

He planted a small kiss on it as though to apologized for his actions.

Serenity felt another shiver ran down her spine as his soft but rough lips contacted her delicate skin and for the first time it wasn't fear.

"Come with me, love" he said again, staring deeply into her eyes.

Dazed and Stunned with the new emotions, she nodded.

Alessandro guided her gingerly to the heavy maestoso golden-black private jet and helped her settle down on one of the seats.The interior was all themed to be grey and white unlike the golden and black themed exterior. The seating was arranged theatrically like that of a living room with a TV and coffee tables and couches. She leaned back in her seat comfortably closing her eyes. The soft leather was lulling her to sleep.

The sound of straps and some clicking disturbed her and the familiar musky cologne wafted across her nose. She shot her eyes open and came face to face contact with Alessandro's gorgeous side profile. He was reaching over and fixing her seat belts which she had carelessly forgotten. Her eyes wandered over his features, his strong and sharp jawline, his high cheekbones. the straight nose bridge and lastly his mysterious blanketed eyes. Serenity shut her gaping mouth when he turned to look at her slightly. She flushed red and looked down on her lap. Her tummy was squeezing and clenching all of a sudden. What was that?

In the next few minutes they were in air, Alessandro again helped her unbuckle her seat belts even though she told him that she could do it herself. He was being very careful and treating her like a delicate porcelain doll. And this act of his kept on making her tummy clenched with unknown emotions.

"Can I- I ask you something?" she requested softly.

Alessandro turned his attention away from the paper he was analyzing and looked at her, "Ask away, love"

Serenity fidgeted on her seat nervously "There is only two of us on board. Ahm...And there are a lot of seats available. Why didn't your other siblings travel with us?"

"It is a code that has been followed through generations. No two heirs or heiresses of an Italian-American crime family can travel in the same flight. It is generally the belief to conserve the family line. If anything happens to the crowned heir, there must always be another heir in the stand by. So in case there is a air accident in the jet carrying any of the heir, the other heir remains safe." Alessandro explained.

Serenity's mouth parted in a small circle as she nodded with awe, intrigued by the strange tradition.

"Just like the royal family of England?" she chirped, excitedly with a childish glee.

Alessandro cocked an eyebrow at her direction.

Serenity rushed to explain with significant enthusiasm, " My best friend, Butter once showed me a video on her mama's phone. It was about the royal family and some peculiar traditions they follow and one of them was that the heirs do not travel in the same plane. Whoa! Isn't it cool?"

He stared at her with amusement in his eyes.

Serenity ducked her head shyly, her cheeks flushing pink once she realized his eyes locked on hers.

She cleared her throat and eyed around nervously, "Umm...So... I-I didn't see Simone and your other brother in the air field. Are they coming on another jet?"

"No, Simone finds it boring to attend my jets as I employ only male cabin-crews." he said, " And Antonio has been wishing to fly in the Qatar airways for sometime. So they both, decided to come through the commercial flights. Alicia owns that pink jet. And she doesn't like sharing things unless its necessary."

"Oh." she nodded, taking in the information.

A minute later, a handsome attendant came to inquire if they should serve lunch. Serenity beamed happily as Alessandro agreed. Maybe all the clenching and weird sensations in her tummy are from hunger. She reasoned herself.

"What would you like to have, love?"

She paused, trying to think slowly "A cheese burger would be fine."

Alessandro frowned at her choice, it wasn't healthy enough for a lunch. No wonder she weigh so little. "Bring a little of everything on the menu and a cheese burger for the lady and the usual for me." he ordered.

"Y-You don't have to. I am quite picky with food. It would be troublesome."

Alessandro didn't deemed it necessary to reply her.

The table was laden with different cuisines. Serenity counted and there were 14 of them in reasonable little plates. From creamy mushroom starters to spicy fried chicken. That was too much for her little stomach. She noticed Alessandro's lunch was set up differently in a smaller table right next to hers. It baffled her that his plate was solely veg. She took him to be a steak and meat type of guy considering his fairly built body and hard muscles.

"You're a vegetarian?" she voiced out her thoughts.

Alessandro nodded and started loading her plate with food before filling his own.

"I heard you like chicken and spices. I hired a chef in to make your favorites. My usual one only makes vegetarian recipes. Bon appetit!"

" Bone apple teeth! " she cheered back and dig in.

The food was delicious.

***

Alessandro made sure Serenity finished her share fairly even though it was like feeding an overly stubborn child. He wasn't aware of her being the pickiest eater on the planet.

It didn't take her long to fall asleep after that.

'Such a baby' he mused.

Alessandro couldn't keep his eyes off the sleeping angel beside him. The way her lips unconsciously pucker into a pout and her long eye lashes swept across her cheeks every time she frowned and straighten her back, it intrigued and fascinate him.

His fingers twitched to side the frigging strand of her hair that had carelessly slipped off her ponytail. He held his breath as he brought his hand to remove it.

Just as he was about to pull back, she nuzzled her cheeks onto his palms and purred softly.

Alessandro clenched his jaws.

He didn't move one bit, afraid he would disturb her slumber. His eyes never frayed away from her angelic face. He didn't care about the aching strain in his arms or the way the lack of blood flow numbing his elbows as time goes by. The soft and warm feeling of her dainty cheeks on his calloused hand was worth everything for the moment because it was his moment of serenity, the tranquility that soothe his inner turmoils.

Serenity O'Sullivan...What are you doing to me?

Serenity stirred and groaned, tossing her head around to get a better position. The back of her head and her jaws hurt. She yawned softly, sitting up, disoriented from her sleep she looked around confused.

" Wh- Where am I?" she rambled hazily. She saw she was still in air, on her seat which had transformed into a small sleeping space. Serenity bite down on her lips, slightly embarrassed on who must have done it.

Was she being such a hassle on him?

But then again, he signed up for it. She shrugged her shoulders.

Just when she placed her legs on the floor, the ground shook violently, making her stumble down. She let out a startle scream and quickly latched on the legs of a table nearby. Alessandro wasn't around and fear settled down her chest. The hits kept coming one after another.-

"A-Alessandro..." She cried in alarm. Tears build up her eyes and flow down her cheeks.

The agitated shudders scaring her every passing seconds. "Alessandro!" she yelled again.

The next thing she knew was she was on his lap as he shielded her safely in his arms.

Alessandro was in the control room, monitoring the oncoming turbulence with the pilots when her frightened scream alerted him. He rushed out immediately and took her little sobbing form in his arms. She clutched onto him like a small kitten as though her life depended on him.

He sat down on the nearest seat and strapped the both of them on with the seat belts. He could feel her quivering and her heart ramming harshly against his.

"Its okay...love. You're safe. I won't let anything happen to you." he spoke softly in her ears and kiss the sides of her head continuously.

He felt her calm down slowly as her quivers quietened down. The hits had stopped and everything was good on the plane.

She pulled away her flushed face from the crook of his neck and sniffled. Alessandro silently wiped her tear stained chubby cheeks with the pad of this thumb.

"T-That was a-a very strong earthquake!" she pouted, looking at him.

Alessandro soften down "It is called a turbulence, love. We are not on the ground."

Serenity ducked down her head with an extra red cheeks.

And Alessandro couldn't help but kiss the crown of her head.

"W-Will it come again?" She asked him.

Alessandro looked out of the window and nodded.

Serenity hesitated and spoke timidly, "T-Then can I s-stay with you? Its okay if y-you don't want to but i-its just that I-I'm scared."

She saw the side of his lips twitching up as he nodded again. Alessandro took off their seat belts and pressed a button that automatically converted it into a larger sitting space that could fit the both of them just fine. She get off his lap and sat down on his side, still clutching his one arm with her tiny hands.

He looked at her and started the TV that was placed in front of them, "Movies?"

Serenity nodded gleefully, "Can I pick?"

He nodded, not like he was interested in any. But he instantly regretted when she squealed out.

"Ratatouille!"

He had watched the pesky rat cooking more than a gazillion times with his 4 year old cousin but it wasn't like he was gonna argue over it especially when it was his little red head who picked it.

"Awww" She let out a dishearten whine, "There isn't Ratatouille in the archive."

Serenity pressed the remote and went to the storage section. Much to her disappointment, there wasn't much movies that spark an interest. Everything was either sci-fi, documentary or historical adventures.

"Is there any chick flicks or Disney here?" She inquired.

"I don't think so. I rarely watch movies-"

"Oh found it!" Serenity cut him off with an excited grin "There is one Barbie! I love barbies! This one is the 12 dancing princess!" She squealed, playing it on.

Now Alessandro thought the pesky rat wasn't that bad. Never would he had ever imagined himself sitting down to watch a barbie movie. He sighed in disbelief.

As he turned to look at her, he noticed the gleaming shine in her eyes as she focused on the screen. Her expressions change with every scene and to him she was more entertaining than the pinkish film.

Alessandro smirked subtly as he glanced out of the window and back at her soft hands still clutching on his arm.

They had passed the turbulent zone a long time ago.

***

Hello lovelies! an update as I had promised! An Alessandro-Serenity scene too.

How was it?

Good?

Bad?

or just meh?

Which grandparents are you closest with? Maternal or Paternal?

I have an important news to share with you all. My paternal Grandfather passed away 3 days back. I wasn't much close to him so I don't know how to describe how I feel. I got back from the store and mum told me to sit down as she had some news to share. I thought she had finally caught on that I haven't been doing my laundry for the past 2 weeks but then she told me that my grandfather passed away.

I almost had a heart attack at that moment. She didn't tell me which grandfather and I assumed it to be my maternal grand dad, the one I shared the closest bond with.

It was my first time seeing a dead body and even joining the funeral events. I was terrified out of my wits for like 3 days. My paternal grand father was a very strict man and we didn't share any intimate bonds because we were intimidated all the time. But seeing his lifeless body there in the coffin really did hurt me,

RIP to his soul.

Do Vote, comment and share to motivate me.

Until then,

Adios

Stella_Cadante

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 2.9K 30
"He's so magical. He's the sunshine of my dull world, the absolute light in my darkness. His beauty consummates me, I'm captive under him." Or The Ma...
1.8M 37.5K 32
He was a monster, even as a young boy people knew to stay away from him. Yet, he was still gentle with her, and only her. Or in which a feared boy f...
1.3K 55 17
The moment our eyes have met , I knew that im gonna make her mine