I Hate That I Love You (Fred...

By booksnooksandcoffee

Fred Weasley; one half of the Weasley Twins Hermione Granger; Brightest witch of her age She cannot stand him... More

1|The Prefects
2|The Bicep Pitch
3|Innocently Friends
4|Holding Hands
5|The Witness
6|The Jumper
7|I Hate That I Love You
8|The Book Thief
9|The Date
10|Spin and Kiss
11|Through the Skies
12|The Bet
14|Almost
15|Brothers
16|No Good Deed
17|The Switch
18|Distraction
19|Different Colors
20|Over Something
21 |Midnights
22|Natavias Imperium
23|Swish and Flick
24|Twins Know Best
25|Stuck With Me
26|Against the Door

13|Gravity

2.3K 99 35
By booksnooksandcoffee

Fred Weasley. She shut her eyes tight finding it ridiculous he sat in priority to Transfiguration in her thoughts.

She then opened them and attempted to focus as McGonagall continued to pace the classroom.

By the end of lesson, worried of failure in her near future, she stormed to the library directly. She plowed past Fred in the corridor not even noticing as he was waiting to the side for her.

"Oi, Hermione." He spoke, now jogging to catch up with her as she rounded the bend. 

Though as he stepped round the corner she pivoted in response to her name, her book bag hitting with heavy force into the side of his ribs. 

As he let out a groan of pain, she clasped her hand to her mouth. "Oh, are you alright? I'm so sorry." 

"I'm perfectly fine Granger, no worries."  He waved it off, then winced once more. "If I'm being honest there has been Bludgers that hurt less, but perfectly fine."

She looked up at him with her eyebrows pressed together in concern. "I feel terribly awful. Are you sure you're alright? Do you want me take you to the hospital wing?"

"I'm only joking, I'll be alright." He looked ahead down the corridor. "Where were you headed though in such a rush?"

"Library." She answered feebly. "I've had some assignments to catch up on." 

"Who would have guessed?" He mocked with a typical smirk that caused her stomach to do a somersault.

"Stop teasing." She rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Don't you get it, Hermione?" He asked now leaning against the wall.
Her breath hitched as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, an action she was now growing accustomed to. "I tease, because your reaction is absolutely adorable." 

"I'm angry with you." She spoke, looking up into his eyes. 

"Why?"  He asked still grinning.

"You're distracting me from more important things." 

"Oh yes more important things than the charming wizard you fancy." He held a hand to his heart once again in mock pain. 

"Alright." She confirmed. "You may come to the library with me on one condition." 

"Condition being?" 

"You are not allowed to talk to me. And we both work on our assignments."  She raised an eyebrow.

"No speaking. Got it." He winked, then joined the throng of students walking briskly. "You coming?"

Hermione smiled then followed after him to the library.

They found a table within a quiet section of the library, and immediately Hermione began her assigned essay for Snape.

It was working quite well. She was lost in her work, nearly forgetting Fred was even there. That was of course until she felt him kick her leg.

She ignored it, until she felt his foot bump into her own yet again. She looked up from her parchment with the sternest glare. He had glanced away quickly, pretending as if nothing had occurred.

She sighed, returning to her essay. With yet another nudge she shook her head. "Fred!"

"Shh, no talking remember?" He whispered.

She opened her mouth as though to reply, but shut it quickly. She dipped her quill in her ink, then continued the sentence she was writing before so rudely interrupted.

There was no more foot-nudging, and she had finished her essay successfully. It was all she had to complete. Sure she would prefer to study for transfiguration, but the test was next week. Her eyes flicked up to find him reading patiently. His eyes scrolled across the page, tongue slightly stuck out of his mouth as he concentrated.

Surprised by herself, she nudged his leg subtly. She watched as a smirk formed on his lips. Before his gaze parted from the book, and to her own self, she glanced back down, composing herself as if she had done nothing.

He stood up then, closing his book. She watched as he left the isle. Curiously she got up, following him as he presumably returned the item to its proper location.

Joining him she stood beside him. "Are you finished reading then?" She whispered, not wishing to disturb the quiet atmosphere.

He turned his head to look at her, holding a finger to his lips.

She tilted her head to the side, raising an eyebrow to assert how ridiculous he was about taking the no talking rule seriously. She glanced to her feet. But then ever so boldly, after her eyes flicked from his eyes to lips, she leaned forward, noticing the surprise in his features. 

Though instead of connecting their lips as insinuated, she brought her chin close to his shoulder. "Sorry, I nearly forget we aren't speaking."  Her words were felt on his neck and tickled his ear in a way that caused him speechless. 

She smiled at the look he was giving her when returning his gaze to him. She then pivoted, heading back to collect her things.  She felt so irrefutably confident as she walked away. There was something so intriguing about the thought of him grinning at her as she left. 

Returning to her things, she sat once more, figuring she could at least start to study. Fred returned, sitting instead beside her. He didn't say a word, instead letting his hand fall on her back. She slightly tilted her head in response to his touch, but continued reading as his fingers lightly traced undeterminable patterns.

"Alright." She whispered, letting her head fall back as she shut her book. She turned to look at him, though he was rather close, arm held now on the back of her chair. His eyes simply watched her patiently.

"I've finished, we can resume speaking."

"Okay." He nodded.

She looked once again to his lips. But then the moment passed. She was absolutely frustrated he did not kiss her then. No twin in sight, the smell of parchment filling the entire space. Themselves so close all he had to do was lean in. She recognized him swallow, then awkwardly returned her gaze forward.

"Alright, well I think I'll be heading back to the tower." She announced, beginning to pack her books and scrolls into her book bag.

"Yeah I'll catch up." He confirmed as she hesitated leaving. "I still have to put these back."  He motioned to the collection. 

She exited into the corridor, now rather confused on their supposed relationship. He was giving her these subtle looks, and she was returning them. She caved at his touch, and surely he had the desire to connect their lips as well. He almost had in so many instances.  Then there was the way he looked at her. Oh merlin, she was completely whipped. She shook her head, trying to simply focus on her route back to the common room. 

"Hermione, wait—" she turned around to notice Fred jogging after her.  "You've forgot something." 

Her eyes fell to her book bag confused, as she hadn't left anything behind. 

Then, suddenly his hand cupped her face, and his lips captured hers.

The confusion had melted away, and the warm blissful sensation of his lips met with her own, caused her stomach to flutter. It felt as though gravity had temporarily switched off, herself solely connected to him.  Every nerve in her body, every sensation felt magnified. Just as her mind began to process what was happening, that Fred Weasley was kissing her, their lips parted. 

She was left frozen, her heart thundering out of her chest, hearing his ragged breathe, feeling his hand held to her cheek. Everything was numb, yet insanely brilliant.

As his thumb bushed the skin of her neck gently, she opened her eyes, wondering if he felt the same as herself in that moment, wondering even how she was still able to stand. 

"What was it I forgot exactly?" She let her words, barely steady, to escape. 

His other hand found her waist, pulling her securely to him, letting out the smallest laugh before recapturing her lips once more.

<><><><><><>

"Just because you've got the emotional range(to drop a comment of how fantastic that kiss was...Eh?) of a teaspoon!"

-Hermione Granger

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 16.3K 78
"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖đšĸ 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊đšĸ𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗."
9.8K 165 25
After the battle of hogwarts, Hermione & Ron are left walking on eggshells around each other. With their relationship about to crumble any second, He...
329K 7.5K 46
𝐇𝗲 đ—ŋ𝗮đ—ģ 𝝾𝘂𝘁 𝝾đ—ŗ 𝘁đ—ĩ𝗲 𝗰𝝾đ—ēđ—Ŋ𝗮đ—ŋ𝘁đ—ē𝗲đ—ģ𝘁 𝗮đ—ģ𝗱 đ—ĩ𝝾đ—Ŋ𝗲𝗱 𝗹 𝘄𝝾𝘂𝗹𝗱 đ—Ŋ𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘁 𝗮đ—ģ𝗱 đ—ē𝝾𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘄đ—ļ𝘁đ—ĩ đ—ĩđ—ļđ—ē. 𝐇𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀...