THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions

1.3K 39 1
By Alhexandria22

Dedicated to@LordsSword

"Good morning, my co-workers."

"Good morning, Karmale." They chorused.

Karmale was seated before her colleagues. This dull and chilly morning with no glimpse of the golden lamp of heaven at all, she hoped to seek their advice on a case. She wanted their perspective to build up her strategy for a particular case. It was Luciana's case.

Karmale often handled the cases brought to her desk on her own. She generally never involved the other lawyers. Especially not the ones of the same firm that she worked for. Not because she knew it all but because she found everything easy to handle. Even the most complicated of all cases was a walk in the park for her. It was only on rare occasions that she consulted Mr. Jeopardenn due to his remarkable law knowledge. Even if he was undoubtedly a characterless man, he still had superior understanding of the law occupation. So she sought the old man's guidance. His grey hair surely shone of wisdom. It is said that old age is wisdom.

Her boss usually asked her to share with her work associates but it was a tug-of-war for her. To Karmale, it felt like he was telling to her to add them to her circle of friends whereby she didn't even have one. Making acquaintance was one of the things she never associated herself with. She was the introvert type when it came to this sector. She found it so difficult to make companions. If her own siblings would not be her good friends, always picking up fights with her for totally no genuine reason then how would she learn to have people around her. She never tolerated her brothers and sisters. She most definitely could not tolerate people she had known for a short period of time. Hale preferred if people stayed in their own space and her in her own. She did not find it necessary at anytime of her stay at the firm to get friendly with the people she worked alongside. That didn't make her treat them like enemies though.

Regardless of her couth behaviour towards them, they detested her. Some would show it. Especially the women and others would keep it to themselves. The men. They thought her proud and a person who regarded herself as a 'know it all' . So sharing a room with her this morning was so not on their wish list.

But for Shaun, it definitely was. Not for his own selfish reasons of having Karmale give him a chance in further relationships but to help her out. To help the firm for it is a collection of them all. They are one. So if one lawyer loses a case, the entire firm community is affected.

Shaun was fully engrossed in the case from the word go so he was more than ready to listen to what Karmale had to say to them all. He really wanted to help her.
He always wanted to but the beautiful demoiselle had always confined her cases to herself.

Karmale had approached him only twice ever since she started to work with her. First time, she wanted to inquire whether adoption of same sex couples had been legalized for she had such a case at her table. The second time was to find out whether she would stalk one of her client's husband. Her client's mate was buying villas for his mistresses and failing to provide for his daughter. Whenever Karmale's client asked her husband for money to cater for the child's welfare, he would come up with an excuse such as," I don't have money right now. All my businesses are suffering extreme losses."

Those were the only times Shaun ever saw Karmale come to his office. Maybe also when he invited her or needed her assistance with a case.

"Thank you all for being here this morning." Karmale gratified.

"We work here. So, don't flatter us with your fake gratitude." A woman with blonde curls mismated with various ribbons rudely remarked.

Karmale briefly smiled at her totally unaffected by her insolate remark and continued.

"I am handling a sensitive case."

"We are fully aware." Another woman interrupted.

"Excuse me." Karmale sternly said. She had now had enough. It was just enough to turn her off. She had tolerated them and she had reached the limit of it.

"Whoever feels suffocated in this well aerated room, this air conditioned office, should please find the exist." Karmale stated coolly without letting her anger show.

She didn't have to hide it. It was so visible on her reddish cheeks.

"Can I have the two of you leave this room." She smiled at the two females.

They shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Everyone was now staring at them. No doubt. They were now embarrassed for their lack of cooperation.

"Get up and leave this instance." Ordered Karmale in a rough tone.

The women stood up and...

"We are sorry, Karmale." They apologized.

Karmale gave them both side glances and carried on. They sat down.

"As I was saying, the case which I have at my desk is quite tricky and I could use some advice from you all."

"Karmale." Called Shaun.

"Go ahead." Karmale encouraged.

"Thanks, Karmale but I would like to first say something to everyone present here."

"Please."

"Ladies and gentlemen. This is a firm. It's a collective society. It calls for utmost unity. So I urge all of you to cooperate. We should not have reason to conflict among us." Shaun said all this his eyes moving from the women to Karmale.

"Before we discuss what brought us here, I request you all to make peace." Karmale looked at Shaun with disbelief as if he was telling her to make peace with a foe. As if to make amends with the devil.

Surprisingly, the women were ready to reconcile but Karmale refused.

"Karmale please."

"She is too proud." A man stated.

"Yeah, she is such a peacock." Another added.

"I beg not to be judged." Karmale said looking straight ahead of her.

Everyone went silent.

"Karmale, I am sorry." The first lady said.

"Me too. I seek your pardon." The other said.

"I am sorry too." Karmale gave in.

"Can we be friends as well as we are co-workers?" Asked one of the women.

"Yeah." Everyone agreed giving Karmale pleading looks.

"From the time you came here Karmale, you have never tried to make friends with anyone of us so let's make friends with you, please." A man in a multi coloured tie said.

"Let's befriend you, please."

"No problem." She simply stated with a faint smile.

"Thank you." They said extending their hands one by one for a handshake even Shaun.

"No, Shaun. I am not going to shake your hand. We were friends already." Karmale joked and Shaun pouted with a fake hurt expression.

Karmale stretched her hand for Shaun to shake but he didn't. He instead held it in his and placed a kiss on it. Karmale pulled away due to some discomfort that it formed in her. Shaun noticed.

"Sorry." He apologetically formed the word out of his mouth.

"Let's carry on with the discussion." Karma said calling for her new mates attention. The reconciliation had caused a bit of noise and uncalled for conversation.

"This is a child's case. Therefore a sensitive matter. I don't want to make any mistakes. I don't want to comprise a young girl's life. So I am before you all to seek help." Karmale addressed her comrades.

The lawyers of Central City Law firm calmly consulted each other. Each of them put across their views at sporadic intervals. They listened to each other and came to a conclusion.

Luciana was to testify against her father.

"Thank you all." Karma extended her appreciation to her workmates.

"I am going to talk to Luciana's mother and what we can do is hope that she allows her daughter to appear before the judge."

"Yeah. I hope she allows." Shaun said.

"Me too. But I doubt she will." Someone added.

"I also doubt. No mother would like their child to be affected by dreadful experiences."

"She will have to allow. It is for her daughter's good. We are sorry about the situation but what can we do. She is the victim. She is already underwent the sickly experience so she is already affected. All she has to do is accept the misfortune that has befallen her and testify in court against her father."

"Don't talk like that, Carta." Scolded Shaun.

"Did I lie? Facts are bitter. What happened to the poor girl is unchangeable. She has to bare it and put her own father to justice. How embarrassing!"

Karmale looked on with no word coming out of her mouth. She appeared to be in deep thought.

"Thank you,guys. Let's meet in court tomorrow." Said Karmale and strode out to her office packed her notebook, pen and a few other instruments and left the firm.

Ding dong ding dong
(The door bell rang)

"Oh, Karmale. I am happy to see."

"Good morning, Mrs. Alfredo."

"Good morning. Please come in."

The lady stood aside to pave way for her daughter's and ex-lawyer to her sexually abusive husband.

Karmale entered the bungalow and Luciana's mother led her in; to a living room with lavender sofas and cushions.

"Be sitted."

"Can I see Luciana please,ma'am." Karmale said as she got comfortable in the purple chairs.

"Yes. Of course, Karmale."

"Thanks." Karmale nodded a bit tense.

"Mrs. Alfredo." She called as soon as the woman made for the direction which Karmale guessed was her daughter's bedroom.

"Yes, Karmale."

"I think I should discuss this with you first. Then you can decide whether you buy it or not."

"What's that Karmale?"

"Luciana has to appear before the judge tomorrow and testify against her father."

"No. No, Karmale." The woman shook her head in detest of the idea.

"Please understand Mrs. Alfredo. It's the only way out."

"Karmale, I told you before that I didn't want my daughter summoned to the court. I don't want these things to torment her any further. She hardly sleeps these days. She is always screaming and mumbling things like, " Please, don't hurt me. Please, please don't dad." I don't want her to have to see that monster again. I don't want her to be reminded of the terrible things he did to her. His despicable deeds are now traumatizing my innocent child. Help me, Karmale. Please help me. Just help me without getting my Luciana involved." The mother desperately implored her roommate at the moment. She was on the floor, tears of desperacy cascading her elegant visage. Karmale left her seat and knelt down before the woman. She hugged her tightly and consoled her.

"I guess this is the price I pay for marrying him against my family's will."

"Karmale, I run away from home to marry Alfredo. My parents had said no but I loved the man and I persisted. This is my payment. It is my payment." She narrated and cried.

"No, don't say that. It was only a mistake and it can be forgiven. Your parents can forgive you for making it. But for that to happen, you have to forgive yourself first." Karmale persuaded.

"Ma'am, please. You have to be strong for your girl. Let's first fight this battle. When it's done with, I will get you a divorce from your filthy husband. I promise."

"Thank you, Karmale." Luciana's mum said in a hoarse voice.

"Don't mention it. I am only doing my job."
Karmale looked up from the woman's hair and her eyes met teary ones whose owner run off.

"Luciana." Called her mother.

"Don't worry, let me go talk to her." Karmale offered.

She helped Mrs. Alfredo up and followed the noise from the footsteps of the toddler.

-----------------------********************************

"Mrs. Alfredo."

Karmale called and the woman jerked forward quickly removing her hands from her face. Her long sleeves falling back to her wrists.

"What's that on your hand, Mrs. Alfredo?"

"Nothing. And you can call me Susan."

"Susan, is that a bruise on your hand?"

"No. No No.No. I just slipped in the bathroom. "

"When someone slips they normally injure the head, the legs. They don't get hand made bruises on the hand, Susan?"

"Karmale, how's Luciana?"

"Susan, is your husband beating you up?"

"It was only the day when I was taking our daughter away. Only. Don't sue him for it. I don't even want to divorce him. Just help me Karmale."

"How? How exactly do you want me to help you? Huh?" Karmale questioned the woman in anger.

"Susan clearly loved her husband in an extra way. A way that she was blind to his evil doings. It was evident that Susan had forgiven what the father of her daughter had done to her. What she was left to let slide was what he had done to their child. Love is blind. So blind that it clouds proper judgement." Karmale thought to herself.

"Susan, i don't wish to instigate you against your beloved filth of a husband but you know that your daughter is hurting. She is ruined. She has no hope for a future yet she is only a young seed. Her fate has been sealed like a tragic dilemma. That is because of your darling beast husband. So don't you dare tell me you are going to side with him." Karmale talked to Susan who was now crying afresh.

"No wait. Maybe I am getting you wrongly. You should tell me what you want Susan." Karmale said kneeling before to meet her gaze.

Karmale pulled Susan's hands away from her face and looked unquestioningly in her eyes.

"I want both, Karmale. "

"Well, you can't have both Susan. You just can't. You can only have one. You have to give away the other like a sacrifice. In this case, you're going to hand your husband to the lawand save your daughter. "

"I can't Karmale."

"Susan, don't you miss your family? Remember they cast you out because of your so called husband. And this is how he repays your sacrifice. You left your people for him. Your daughter, Susan. For Christ's sake! Your child who you carried in the walls of your uterus for nine solid months. Do you want her traumatised forever,Susan? Do you?" Karmale stood up from Susan who was just continuously sobbing.

"Susan." Karmale held her chin and raised it to meet her red orbs.

"You would have murdered your own daughter." Karmale said and dropped her chin.

"I am leaving, Susan. But you should know that i am taking your daughter with. Who knows, you may even defend Alfredo in court. "

"No. Don't do that to me, Karmale."

Karmale didn't have to say anything to Luciana had been eavesdropping and she was not only disappointed by her mother's words but also emotionally disturbed. The lass cried as liquids that she cleaned with the back of her hand escaped from her pinkish nostrils.

"Mummy, you're the worst. Are you a woman if I'm to ask? And if you are then it is only a claim. How can you fail to understand another woman's plight? I am your daughter mummy. Aren't i?" Luciana cried and picked up her backpack to leave with Karmale.

"Let's meet in court tomorrow, Susan." Karmale said and placed her hand for Luciana to hold.

"Luciana! Luciana!" Susan called after her girl but her call was a waste of time.

In Karmale's car.

"Luciana, mummy loves you. She is not a bad person. She is a little bit confused. We are not leaving her. We are giving her time to think things through."

"Miss, at the end of it all, will she choose me over dad?"

"Yes. I am positive she will. Don't worry." Karmale consoled.

"Buckle up, Luciana. Let's go. The seatbelt."

*******************************

In court.. the next morning

Karmale and Luciana sat side by side at a wooden table with microphones in front of them. Same applied to Alfredo and his lawyer.

"Mr. Alfredo, this is the last time i am asking. " said the judge.

"Are you sure you want your lawyer to represent you fully without you having anything to say?"

"Yes, my Lord." Alfredo affirmed.

He was a man of evident pride that came because of his wealth and fame.

"Then let the session commence."

**********************************

"Don't interrupt Mr. Alfredo. Only your lawyer can talk. He is your voice today."

"Councillor Kane. The floor is yours. Please continue."

"Thank you, my Lord. "

"My Lord, by the testimonies given by mr. Alfredo's own family. His daughter and wife. These are his own people, my Lord. That means they know him in and out. They know him very well. What you had them say was honestly truthful. My Lord, my client was sexually harassed by her own guardian. Putting that aside he hit his wife. My Lord, all this has not been only of recent. It has been a daily meal to the victims. Your honour, if he can assault his own fleshand blood then he is more than capable of doing it to any other female. He has proved a danger to society. The people need to be kept away from his clutches. That's all, my Lord."

The judge was attentively listening and so was everyone else. Wben he felt it was necessary, he noted down something.

Besides Karmale, Luciana, Alfredo and his lawyer, Karmale's workmates were present.

"Can i have everyone present stand up for the sentence. I am sure i have heard it all and i can now make my judgement." The judge stated.

The audience obeyed. And so did all the other parties. Susan moved from her place and held her child's hand. She had finally chosen a side. Someone to stand with.

That was her daughter. Her child. Her angel. Someone wouldn't cost her anything. A person who wouldn't compel her to sacrifice a lot to stay with her. Her daughter would never ask her for too much. Like to leave the people who nurtured her through childhood. And now they stood together. Regardless of the judge's
decision, Susan was going to side with her child.

"By the words from all the people at this respected gathering, Mr. Alfredo you have been charged with high sexual harassment and domestic violence. You therefore failed to care for your family. You have disrespected family life."

"Alfredo,sir. This court has found you guilty of the crimes stated. You are a possible threat to society. " The judge continued.

"With the powers bestowed upon me, you are to be sentenced to twenty years imprisonment. "

Alfredo dropped to his seat.

"Further more, you are to sign the divorce papers that Justice Kane is to hand you."

The judge signalled Karmale who walked across the room and threw papers on the table on which Alfredo painfully scribbled his signature.

"You traitor. I should have sued you." He spat in Karmale's face who carefreely walked away.

He loosened his tie, took off his coat and threw it as two men in policeman outfits came to collect him.

When he passed via Susan he stopped.

"Susan, you stupid woman. How dare you! How could you--" Susan did not let him complete. She slapped him.

"At least not stupid enough to side with a worthless skunk like you. How could you disgrace our offspring. Take him away." Susan told the policemen and they dragged her ex-husband away.

"Thank you, Karmale. " she said turning to her daughter's lawyer.

"Not so much. I should thank the two of you for the testimonies.
Susan, i am happy you realised that your daughter needed you and you need her. Had you chosen to side with Alfredo, we would have won the and you would have lost everyone you have. Your daughter, family, husband."

"Ex. Ex-husband. " corrected Susan.

"Yeah. Ex." Karmale said.

"Thank you again. " Susan hugged Karmale.

"Thanks miss." Said Luciana.

"No problem, honey."

"So, Susan. Go get Luciana's grandparents back. Go talk to them. "

"Yeah. Thanks. I hope they forgive me."

"They will. "

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Congratulations, Karmale."

"Thanks guys."

"Don't thank us. You will thank us by paying for the lunch." One of her workmates joked.

"Silly, Karta. I will pay." Shaun offered trying to wrap his hand around Karmale's waist.

Karmale pretended to want to get the bottle of wine from the center of the table and pulled Shaun's hand from her waist.

Her and her new friends were seated at a round table full of food and drinks at one of the expensive restaurants in town.

"No worries guys. It's my treat. I will pay." Karmale smiled.

"No honey. We'll pay. This meal is in your honour so it won't be right if you pay." One of the men offered.

"Okay, Mr. gentleman." Karmale joked and all the rest laughed.

"It was not a joke all of you. I am a gentleman for real." He tried to reason but they all laughed.

"Okay. I am not paying anymore."

"Whatever Oscar. We can all pay for our food." Karmale said.

"Yeah." They all agreed with their mouths full of food.

"I will pay." Shaun offered.

"Another gentleman on the block." One of the ladies joked.

And they all laughed.

After the food they each had a CUP of tea.

_________________________________________

They headed back to the firm laughing and talking.

"Poor Oscar." One commented and others laughed.

"He fell for the waitress and had to pay double the amount. " a supplement was added.

"I am sure his pockets have holes now." Another addition was given.

"Should i take you ladies out for lunch everyday to show you that i am handsome. "

"Shut up, Oscar. Your looks are wanting. "

"No. I mean that my hand has something and that something is paper,Karta."

"Shut up, Oscar." Was the last thing they had as each of them entered their office.

_________________________________________

Karmale reached her apartment and inserted the keys in the lock of the door. To her surprise it was already open.

She had only managed to push it slightly when a handkerchief was placed on her nostrils. All she saw was a black glove and glittering silver rings. Then it all went black and she fainted.

#MADAMLAWYER

Hey my lovely audience. I am so sorry for not updating in a while.
i have even increased the number of words just to say sorry.

How did you like it?

LordsSword you wished Karmale luck and their it is😁😁❤

Guys give the above profile a follow. Pretty awesome person.

Comment, vote, and share if you're loving the story.

GOOD NIGHT PIPS.

Andria💋💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 20.7K 32
Book 2 of the Wolfe Series ||WARNING|| There will be mature content in this book. ~~~ "Hey, I don't think you can smoke in here." I tell the mysteri...
907K 17K 29
(MATURE CONTENT) What happens when Kate Miller, a heartbroken college graduate and Valentino Russo, a feared playboy Mafia boss that doesn't take rel...
151K 2.9K 40
[COMPLETED, June 10, 2022] [NOT EDITED YET] He wants to kill me because he lost his mother and his girlfriend, which isn't even my fault. I wasn't ev...
573K 12.5K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...