A Fall from Grace, and His Ri...

By Diamondragon23

Izuku Midoriya had a weak quirk. In reality, his quirk was actually perfect for Heroics, but his parents pref... More

Altered
Mask
Handy
Superior Mechanisms
Friend
Anonymity
Revenge Part One
Reunion
Interlude: A Date
Scream
Fury
Healing
Time Passes
Obstacle?
Revelation
Tournament
Revenge Part Two
Afterwards
Unwanted Reunion
Interlude: Confession
One for All
Killer
Consequence
Preparing for Exams
Revenge Part Three
Moving in
Shopping
Camp
Hell Training
Ablaze
Attack on Villain
Regret
I'm Here To Kick Your Ass
Ending The War
Rest
Block

President

31.4K 635 392
By Diamondragon23

  Izuku was sitting alone in the classroom, at his desk, his mask pressed against the desk. His arm was clicking erratically.

  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

  Aizawa entered the room and just stared at Izuku.

  "You know Mask.. you click in your sleep. You know what that means? I know everything!" Aizawa said, grinning at his son.

  Izuku's head shot up from the desk, his face set in a scowl that Aizawa couldn't see. He made a mental note to remove his arm when he slept.

  "Don't you dare say anything. I don't care if you tease me with it, but please don't say anything!" He clicked.

  Aizawa nodded, but the grin was still present.

  "Don't worry. I won't say anything to Ochako." He said.

  Izuku goraned.

  "Oh, Mic and Midnight are going to love this." Aizawa chuckled.

  Izuku responded with an angry growl, but remained where he was.

  Dadzawa climbed into his sleeping bag and rolled under his desk, taking a quick nap before everyone else arrived. Izuku let his face thump back onto the desk.

  Izuku's inner dilemma was rudely interrupted by the majority of the class entering the classroom.

  Izuku sighed, clicking his arm every so often.

  Ochako took her seat next to Izuku, giving him a bright hello.

  "Hey Mask! I wonder what we'll be doing today!" She said cheerily.

  Izuku couldn't help but smile, agreeing with his friend.

  Aizawa rolled out from under his desk, unzipping his sleeping bag.

  "You'll be doing something important today.. you need to choose a class President."

  Everyone immediately started shouting, yelling about how they were the best candidate for the position.

  Iida called for quiet, and suggested they do a vote. Everyone was given a slip of paper to write down who they thought would be the best fit for the job.

  Izuku thought for a moment, before writing down Yayorozu. She was smart, and clearly a good leader. She would be a perfect class rep.

  Iida took in everyone's votes and tallied them onto the board.

  Yayorozu had 3 votes, while Izuku had 5 votes.

  Izuku stood at the front of the class, his eyes wide behind the mask.

  "I don't think I'm the best choice. A good leader needs to be able to communicate well, and I can't talk for very long without needing a break." He wrote on the board.

  "Then how about you swap places with Yayorozu? You would be able to help with strategy and leadership and stuff, but Yayorozu would be doing all the talking." Sero suggested.

  Izuku looked over at Yayorozu, his eyebrows raised. Not that anyone could tell.

  "I would be happy to take over the speaking role. You are a good strategist, and powerful combatant. It would be a shame if you abandoned the role because you couldn't speak right now. Your voice will heal with time, won't it?" Yayorozu asked.

  Izuku nodded.

  "Alright, Yayorozu and Mask are on equal footing. Just share all the responsibilities between you or something, I don't care. Class is about to start, so sit down." Aizawa said.

  Classes passed without incident. He overheard something about the media at the school gate, but didn't look too much into it. Reporters were coming to UA all the time, what was a few more?

  Turns out Izuku had been wrong. The reporters somehow destroyed the gate and got through into UA. But who would risk their job with such an obvious quirk?

  Izuku followed Aizawa down to the disintegrated metal wall.

  "Ah, Izuku. Would you mind repairing the UA barrier? It seems to have been turned to dust." Nezu said.

  Izuku nodded, touching the dust with his fingertips.

  The UA barrier was standing back exactly where it used to be, keeping threats out and students in.

  "No reporter would risk their job over a tiny chance of a scoop. Thus was intentional. Planned. The reporters were probably a diversion." Izuku muttered.

  Nezu sighed.

  "You're too smart for your own good. We believe they were after information of some kind, however it's unlikely we will ever find out. There are no strangers detected on the grounds, so they've already left."

  Izuku frowned. What information could UA have that would interest a villain? Hero analysis? Quirk information on heroes?

  Izuku returned to his homeroom, sitting down beside Ochako.

  "What did Mr Aizawa want Mask?" She asked.

  "They wanted to ask me to fix the barrier." He explained quietly.

  Ochako nodded in understanding, resting her chin on her palm.

  "Why did the media break in though? They must have known they wouldn't get very far.." she asked rhetorically.

  Izuku shrugged.

  Aizawa entered the classroom and stood at the front.

  "Good job dealing with the other students Yayorozu. Now, we'll be heading off campus to a facility for rescue training next week. All Might, Viridian Storm, myself and one other hero will be teaching you all there. Make sure you get permission from your parents or legal guardians. Anyway, class dismissed. School is cancelled for the rest of the day, so you can all go home." Aizawa slipped into his sleeping bag and rolled under his desk.

  The class packed up quickly, leaving the classroom in an orderly fashion.

  Izuku walked up to Aizawa's desk, with Ochako close behind.

  "Want me to carry you home? Or are you going to sleep there all night again?" Izuku clicked.

  Aizawa's annoyed face peeked out of the yellow worm.

  "I've got paperwork and stuff to do anyway. Besides, you and Uraraka will probably take over the apartment again. Don't have too much fun now." Aizawa smirked.

  Izuku growled, kicking the sleeping bag.

  The hero just laughed, hiding his face once again.

  Izuku and Ochako headed back to the Aizawa residence, where they decided to do the pile of maths homework Ectoplasm had given them. He was a good teacher, but seriously, how much homework did he think they needed?

  Izuku sat down on the sofa and took his mask off, sighing as he dropped the stack of paper onto the table. Ochako sat on Izuku's right, placing her own mountain of homework down next to his.

  The duo sighed in synchronization and got to work.

  Half an hour later and they had surprisingly finished. It turns out Ectoplasm was a huge troll, and every question was the exact same, but worded differently and with different values to use in the calculation.

  "Mic is such a bad influence on the others.." Izuku clicked.

  Ochako perked up, her contagious smile returned.

  "I've had a great idea!!" She exclaimed.

  Izuku raised his eyebrows.

  "I've been doing my best to learn sign language, and I've got a load of useful vocabulary and stuff.. but I don't know Morse code yet!" She said.

  "Want me to teach you?" Izuku signed.

  The brunette nodded quickly.

  Izuku smiled.

  "Okay. Well, Morse code doesn't use words, different combinations of clicks create letters. String those together and you get words, then sentences. I click pretty quickly because I've gotten used to it. I can slow down if you want me to." He started.

  Aizawa returned to the apartment pretty late, finding the two teens asleep, cuddling on the sofa.

  He huffed quietly in amusement, and draped a blanket over the two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 4.3K 64
You would think being the son of the number 1 hero would be amazing right? wrong, my name is izuku midoriya and my life has been hell for over 14 yea...
197K 6.5K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...
26.6K 336 13
In this story Izuku was born 2 years earlier and one day he meets his favorite hero and gains his quirk for showing his determination on becoming a h...
50.5K 1.1K 51
Izuku Yagi lives in a shinobi world so what the hell is a quirk anyway? Chakra never died out and the shinobi world never fell in Boruto's time inste...