Omega (TaeKook)

By 22moon_girl97

Taehyung was one of the rare kind, a trueblood. When he returned to his pack, the last thing he expected to... More

PART I.
× two ×
× three ×
× four ×
× five ×
× six ×
× seven ×
× eight ×
× nine ×
× ten ×
× eleven ×
× twelve ×
× thirteen ×
× fourteen ×
× fifteen ×
PART II.
× sixteen ×
× seventeen ×
× eighteen ×
! nineteen !
× twenty ×
× twenty-one ×
× twenty-two ×
× twenty-three ×

× one ×

846 20 7
By 22moon_girl97

The Omega

×××

Taehyung's lips were adorned with a gentle smile as his gaze wandered up to the building towering over him. The shadow of the reliefs gave a dark contrast to the lighted walls, giving the place a kind of dominant impression. Yet Taehyung couldn't think of it any differently than the sweet guardian of his childhood memories. He could see his younger self playing hide and seek and sliding down the railing with other kids. These were all beautiful moments in Taehyung's mind that made his return so endearing.

Nearly eight years had passed since he left the Jeon pack and Taehyung couldn't help but start wondering what might have happened to his friends. Back then, he had to leave so suddenly that he couldn't even say goodbye to them.

Being a trueblood had its perks but Taehyung has only faced the disadvantages so far. He was forced away from his pack and friends and was sent to learn how to control his unbelievable powers. 

For a boy who didn't have a family, being dragged out of his usual comfort zone and put into a whole new environment was harder than anything. Taehyung didn't know his parents. He was adopted and raised by the Jeon pack. The other werewolves became his family and he has never wished for anything more than that. He looked at the Head Alpha as his own father. 

Returning was not a question for him. Most truebloods became a hermit or founded their own pack after turning 20. They stood at the top of the hierarchy, disobedient to anyone and anything.

Taehyung was different. He did not bow to the Jeon pack out of instinct, but out of sheer loyalty. They were his family. He wouldn't leave them for anything.

He had no leadership ambitions and did not like to be alone. Being here was his only option.

As he put his foot in the richly decorated hall, the first thing he noticed was emptiness. In the old days, this place was full of wolves. Puppies played around gracefully while the adults gathered here for meetings. 

Now, however, he couldn't see a single soul.

Although the blood-red carpet has faded over the years, it still had an elegant effect. The purplish wallpaper had been replaced, now conjuring the walls in beige. The only thing that remained unchanged was the huge stone staircase opposite the entrance, with two carved wolves on its sides. The statues symbolized the all-time Luna and Head Alpha. They stood guard at the entrance, protecting their own.

The statues gave Taehyung a feeling of home. He smiled at the wolves, attempting to go upstairs and look for the Head Alpha when a sweet smell filled his nostrils. He took several small sniffs before finally registering to himself that he was really sensing an omega nearby. Which was weird because if Taehyung has learned anything from the Jeon pack is that they did not tolerate omegas. None of them were members of the pack, which raised the question of why Taehyung could smell one. 

Following the sweet, seductive scent, his feet led him to the dining room. Only when his hand was over the doorknob did he hear the muffled sounds that filtered out from the other side of the door. Taehyung, careful not to make any noise, opened one of the doors and looked into the room through the narrow gap.

The dining room was dressed in elegant golden and red colors just like the lobby. The circular tables were pushed to the edge of the room, werewolves filling up the empty space in the middle. It looked like the whole pack had gathered here.

Everyone was turning in the direction of the stage. Taehyung, to gain a better insight into what was going on, slipped into the room and turned to the stage as well. Behind the microphone stood their one and only Head Alpha in his full glory. Right behind him, Taehyung discovered their Luna in a tight black dress. Two other men stood behind them as well, but Taehyung failed to recognize them as he was busy trying to smell the mysterious omega.

His eyes ran through the crowd. How could he find the omega among so many wolves? He had no chance, yet he ventured deeper, determined to find the intruder. He knew it was impossible for the Jeon pack to voluntarily let in an omega. They dispised the. The only question was, why did only Taehyung smell them?

He pushed his way into the crowd, gently shoving people away. He was careful not to hurt or disturb anyone but his clumsy self still managed to step on someone's foot.

"Hey!" the guy hissed and glared at Taehyung. He had plump lips and chestnut hair which was neatly combed to cover up his forehead. Like the other wolves, he wore a suit and didn't seem happy at all that Taehyung got dirt on his polished shoes. 

"I'm sorry," Taehyung whispered, feeling truly bad for the guy. Then, just to make sure, he smelled him.

He wasn't the one he was looking for. The stranger smelled too ordinary. He must have been a beta.

"What the fuck?" the guy cringed as he felt Taehyung's nose gently brush against his nape. He turned around and sent him another one of his deadly glares. "Dude, what are you doing?"

Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but the next sentence of the Head Alpha distracted him. The man's voice resonated loudly and clearly in the dining room. "Let's raise our glasses to the young couple!" He followed his own words and lifted up his champagne as he turned around and looked at the two men in the back. "I wish you a long and happy life!"

Taehyung had just noticed the huge transparent hanged over the stage, saying Hoseok & Jungkook.

Everyone else in the room copied the Head Alpha and many glasses full of expensive champagne got hoisted high in the air as the crowd said as one. "Long live the next Alpha and Luna!"

Taehyung just stood there, completely misplaced. Several questions circulated in his head at the moment. When he left the pack eight years ago, the heir was Junghyun. He was the older Jeon brother so he deserved the next Head Alpha position. Not Jungkook. It's not like Taehyung didn't think the boy would be suitable for the job. Jungkook was one of his best friends as a child and a great alpha. But he was only a secondborn. Age dominates.

Where was Junghyun?

"What is going on here?" he muttered to no one in particular. The guy, standing next to him, still took it seriously and answered.

"An engagement party, obviously," he rolled his eyes and took a snip of his champagne. Taehyung watched as he held the glass classily, pitching it between three of his fingers, lifting up his stout, tiny pinky.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at the sight. He knew this pinky. Not in a million years could he forget about it. "Jimin?"

His voice came out uncertainly and weakly. It was barely more than a faint sigh, yet the guy immediately raised his head and looked back at him with bulging eyes. 

Looking at him more carefully, Taehyung didn't understand why he didn't recognize his old friend right away. Although Jimin's puffy face was gone and his hair had a different color, he was still the same sweet boy who hadn't taken a step without Taehyung when they were young.

"Tae?" he asked back, being equally surprised. He didn't wait for his answer as he threw his hands around the other's neck, engulfing him in a tight hug.

A small chuckle escaped from Taehyung's throat as he hugged Jimin back. There were no more doubts he was his friend. Jimin's hug was still the same. Warm and fluffy.

"Oh my God! You grew a lot. I barely recognized you," he squeaked as he pulled away from Taehyung just enough to take a good look at his face. He still held a strong grip on his shoulders as if he was afraid his friend would disappear again.

"Barely? You didn't recognize me at all!" Taehyung laughed but held Jimin just as tightly as the other did. Happiness flowed in his chest in a form of a warm wave as he held his old best friend firmly in his arms. Jimin was one of the most important people in his life when he was a kid. He was unbelievably happy to see him again.

Eight years was a long time. They grew up and changed a lot both in character and in appearance but Taehyung just didn't want to think about that right now. He wanted to go back time and be that weird little boy who used to hang out with Jimin every single day.

"I didn't know you're coming back," Jimin said, a constant smile never leaving his plump lips. "If I knew I would've thrown a welcome party for you! Jeez, the others will be so surprised!"

Taehyung's smile slowly faded as he thought back to his friends. It was common among wolves that once they reached the legal age, they would choose from two possibilities. They could either swear eternal allegiance to the pack, or they could leave. 

Taehyung was only two months away from his 20th birthday, which also meant that most of his other friends were all adults. 

"Are they still here?" he asked Jimin, a little bit afraid of the answer.

His fear appeared to be unnecessary because Jimin started to nod eagerly the next second. The brunette opened his mouth to add something but another figure that appeared behind his back choked the words inside him. A pair of strong arms tangled around Jimin's petite waist.

Unlike how he did with Jimin, Taehyung immediately recognized Yoongi. Maybe because Yoongi didn't change much over the years or maybe because he was the only one Taehyung could imagine touching Jimin that way. Yoongi has always had a thing for Jimin, even when they were younger.

Yoongi's black hair was still a mess as if he just woke up from a good nap. He was still short and he still looked like someone who was bored out of his mind. Only that long scar running over his right eye was out of the picture. Taehyung definitely remembered that Yoongi hadn't had a scar back then. He figured it was not the right time to ask about it, though.

Taehyung watched as the older planted a soft kiss on Jimin's neck before saying. "This is so boring. Let's leave!"

But Jimin pouted and shook his head as a no. He turned around in Yoongi's arms and fixed the man's bowtie. "No, we can't! Look, Taehyung is back."

Yoongi followed Jimin's eyes and glanced at Taehyung for a mere second before turning back to the boy in his arms, not even giving a single fuck to Taehyung. That hasn't changed either. While Yoongi had always been fond of Jimin and did anything to get his attention, he was just as much not interested in Taehyung.

Jimin claimed that Taehyung was just imagining it and Yoongi actually liked him. Taehyung didn't doubt that. He knew if Yoongi didn't like him, he would have said it straight into his face. On the other hand, he couldn't say that Yoongi liked him either. Jimin was his favorite. 

Taehyung awkwardly waved at Yoongi and the man just nodded, not really being amused by his presence.

"And we also have to congratulate Kook and Hobi," Jimin added as he played with Yoongi's suit.

The other threw his head back, letting out a soft snort. "Congratulation is the last thing Jungkook wants to hear right now."

The mention of Jungkook reminded Taehyung again of what he was thinking on before Jimin distracted him. Something really odd was going on here.

"We still have to," Jimin broke out of Yoongi's hold and pushed the man towards the endless line, waiting to be able to say their congratulations to the young couple. So many werewolves were lined up that Taehyung couldn't even seen Jungkook and Hoseok at the end.

Speaking of them, the duo was weird too. Not like Jimin and Yoongi whose relationship he didn't even question. Somehow it seemed natural for the two males to end up in each other's arms. There has always been that certain spark between them. But Jungkook and Hoseok? They were never more than simple friends.

Yoongi groaned but still let himself be led to the line. Taehyung obediently followed them too, not really knowing what else to do.

"I don't remember Jungkook gratulating to us when we got engaged," Yoongi mumbled.

Taehyung stopped in his track and looked at the two of them in a slight shock. "Are you guys engaged?"

Jimin and Yoongi turned to him at the same time, both seeming to be a little surprised as if they have already forgotten that he was there too. While Yoongi's mouth pulled into a creepy smirk, Jimin let out an adorable little giggle at his reaction. He raised his hand and shoved it into Taehyung's face.

The trueblood had no idea what to look at first until his eyes caught a glimpse of the huge diamond ring on Jimin's finger. How could he not notice before? The ring was ridiculously flashy.

"The wedding is in three weeks," Jimin exclaimed proudly and smiled widely when he felt Yoongi hugging him from behind again.

Taehyung couldn't find the words. He knew it would be weird to come back to the pack after so many years, but he didn't think he would get so many surprises right away on the first night. Not only Jungkook but Jimin was also preparing for marriage. Suddenly he felt really left behind.

Jimin's soft hands grabbing his own was the action that brought him back from his thoughts again. The boy showed a gentle smile. "I'm glad that you're back and you can be at the wedding. I almost asked Jungkook to be my bestman."

Taehyung felt gratitude and remorse at the same time. During these eight years, he was never able to contact Jimin or the others. Jimin and also he must have changed a lot. Yet Jimin didn't hesitate to ask him such an important question. Like they were still best friends. It didn't feel right. Jungkook was by his side all along.

"I'm sure Jungkook would love to do it, Jimin," Taehyung said softly. His smile dropped at once when he saw Jimin grimacing.

"When you don't have a bestman you either ask your Head Alpha or your Luna," he explained, a scanty frown still on his face. "Jungkook should start practicing so I thought I could ask him, but now I'm glad I don't have to anymore. I don't think he would've been happy to do it."

Taehyung noticed how Yoongi and Jimin didn't think too highly of Jungkook. They used to adore him. Everyone used to adore Jungkook. He was the baby of their pack. A golden child. A cute little bun. Literally, everyone liked him. What went down?

"Well, thank you," Taehyung squeezed Jimin's hand. "I am really happy you thought of me."

They grinned at each other like in the good old times, still holding hands. Only Yoongi's raspy voice ruined their idyllic moment. "Nice. Can we go already?"

Jimin glared at him. "I already told you. We have to congratulate!" 

"But this line is insanely long," the older whined like a baby. "I thought we agreed that Jungkook is depressing and we don't want to be around him."

"No," Jimin sighed. "We agreed that he is our future Luna and even if he's super demotivating he will still be our leader so we have to show some respect. And Hobi is your best friend. Remember?"

"I do," Yoongi grumbled, ignoring the shocked expression written all over Taehyung's face. He has long stopped comprehending what was going on. Depressing? Luna? What the hell was going on here? "He was the one who forgot at the moment Jungkook opened his legs for him."

Jimin just rolled his eyes at his fiancé and turned around, facing Taehyung instead. He got startled by the bewildered boy, though. "What?"

Taehyung didn't even know where to start. How did Hoseok end up with Jungkook? What did they mean that Jungkook would be the next Luna? And again, where is Junghyun?

But before he could even figure out which question to prioritize, the sweet scent struck him once again. The omega

Taehyung almost forgot about them. Too much had happened to him since he entered the room. Now, however, the cake-like seductive scent refilled his nose again and Taehyung suddenly found himself walking ahead. It was as if his legs had their own will. 

Leaving behind Jimin and Yoongi, whose callings were only dull noises in Taehyung's ear, he followed the scent. He passed several werewolves patiently waiting in the line, never losing his target. He went all the way to the stage where the scent intensified so much that it stunned Taehyung's mind. He couldn't concentrate on anything but the breathtaking man in front of him.

He was fairly tall compared to an omega. He dressed his long legs in black, high-waisted pants, showing off his narrow waist. The white dressing shirt he wore fit perfectly with his light hair. His blonde locks embraced his round face in soft waves. His pink lips opened into thin slits as his onyx eyes, like two endless black holes on his face, gleamed curiously at Taehyung.

Taehyung had never seen anyone more beautiful in his entire life. He couldn't speak or move. His brain raced with lightning speed, repeating one name over and over again. 

Because there was no doubt that the gorgeous male standing so gracefully in front of him was no other than his childhood friend.

Jungkook

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 66.9K 50
As a male omega, the rarest and most desired kind of werewolves, Kim Taehyung has grown up in the shadows, hiding his true identity by taking scent s...
17.4K 1.1K 12
Mostly True Blood Alpha's are born in the royal families and are the Head Alpha's of their pack, but if the True Blood is born to a commoner's family...
119K 4.6K 32
[Complete] Where Jungkook doesn't want a mate and where Taehyung is waiting for his mate since little because of his parents. So what will happen? bo...