Appreciation

By itswhateveereally

Deidara joined the Akatsuki after losing a fight to Itachi, he stays in order to prove that his art is superi... More

Before Tobi
Replacement
Troubles
Behind the mask
Mockery
Dream
Request
Truth and Trust
Identity
Confession
Obito
Confirmation
New Mission
Live
Threat
West Hideout
Gift
Destroy
Concerns
Everything
Date
Found
Over
Anger
Deathmatch
Missing Piece
Last Expression
Rinnegan
Kabuto
Reanimation
Deal
Return
Deidara
Questions
Curious
Reintroduction
Wonder
Control
Abandon
Curse
Remember
Chase
I'm Here
War
Safe
Sacrifice
Goodbye

Secrets

675 35 27
By itswhateveereally

Kabuto Yakushi.

There's a lot we don't know about him.

All that we know of is based on what Zetsu has gathered from observing him months prior ever since he decided to get involved in uncovering secrets about the Akatsuki, which we predict was under the request of his late master, Orochimaru.

Even his presence in the hideout has not put either me or Zetsu at ease, I'm constantly putting Zetsu on watch of him to make sure that he does not make any other advances to get a step ahead just to betray us. Letting him get involved in this war alone was a risk bigger than I could ever imagine.

"None of the others have that tag behind them" Zetsu reported as I looked down at the war plans. One more day, to war.

"That explains why they all remember their past and how they died, Deidara doesn't remember much, to begin with," I said as I put my pen down, I looked up and observed the burning candle that was on my table. "What do we do now?" Zetsu asked as the atmosphere stayed silent. I don't know what to do, but I know I have to do something.

"I'll find a way to break it..." I said as I turned to Zetsu, gesturing him to listen. "Bring me the forbidden scrolls we collected..." I whispered as my eyes looked around, scanning for a presence beside Zetsu's and my own.

Zetsu agreed quietly and his body seeped into the concrete surface of our hideout, moving to find the forbidden scrolls that Madara himself had hidden. I shouldn't let Kabuto know that I've found out about the tag, whether I like it or not I have to find a way to break the Jutsu. I know well that Kabuto won't ever give me and Deidara a chance to properly unite. Very fitting for someone who has never experienced love before or best I say, that's what I assume.

A day before the war, I locked myself away in my room, my fingers and clothes dusty from opening so many ancient forbidden Jutsu scrolls which I had kept hidden from anyone. Reanimation wasn't one of which we had in store, I didn't even hope to find any since these scrolls are kept away in secret, though I figure anyone would prefer the Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth. The only flaw is that many thought that the Rinnegan was a myth, studies on the Gedo Art of Rinne Rebirth are close to none existent.

This is why, here with me today, the scrolls on the study of reanimation outnumbered any other Jutsu study, lady luck is really smiling upon me.

"Found anything yet?" Zetsu asked as I leaned against my bed, a number of scrolls scattered around my room. "yeah, but...I don't understand it" I said as I lifted the scroll up. Zetsu's eyes scanned the page before he nodded, he read out loud the words on the scroll.

Infatuation with a person,
immersion in sadness,
vengeful hate that grows in the heart,
is the key to unlocking it at the start

"A poem?" Zetsu asked as he peaked closer. I shook my head, my eyes went over the lines written over and over again. "A riddle..." I said as I groaned and placed down the map. "A fucking unsolvable one, yeah..." Zetsu nodded as he looked outside.

"Obito...just put this aside...maybe you'll figure it out tomorrow you know..." Zetsu said as he slowly seeped into the ground. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes, knowing for a fact that it was impossible to do. I can't just forget about him, Deidara isn't just another toy. He's the first person I actually felt safe with, at home with.

I looked out to the night sky and envisioned what tomorrow will be like, I will win this war and just maybe then I will be happy. We can have everything we want, just me and him.

But Deidara doesn't want that, am I a fool for wanting something for myself? To share something with a soul that has already left me, my heart longs for his presence, in a world where his presence never leaves me, it is the complete ideal world for me.

Am I asking for too much? I don't think I am. All I want is.

Deidara.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Is everything prepared?" I asked as we all gathered outside the hideout. My eyes looked around before I met eyes with Kabuto. Kabuto's eyes, still as emotionless as ever, looked at me plainly.

"It's as we planned, the Zetsu army has been let go of, now all that's left is our fellow puppets," Kabuto said as he summoned a few other reanimated shinobi. I watched as bodies of reanimated shinobi started to move, though their movement restricted by Kabuto.

I watched as Kabuto allowed the reanimated shinobi to go, the voices of a few confused reanimated shinobi were heard. I noticed a few which I recognized, such as the past Jinchuriki which we had taken their tailed beasts from.

"Just as we planned.." Kabuto turned and faced the remaining shinobi in front of us, which were Nagato, Itachi, Sasori, Deidara and Kakuzu. Kakuzu nodded before he looked at me, a weird apologetic look formed in his gaze. Soon after, Kakuzu, Nagato and Itachi left to go along with their part of the mission.

Kakuzu supposedly is leading the Zetsu army from behind, he will make an appearance when he is close to the land area nearby the sea. As for Nagato and Itachi, the plan is to let them go straight towards the main war areas, the concern now is that Itachi is supposedly carrying Nagato due to Nagato's inability to properly walk, he does have a weak body after all, especially after using up his Rinnegan. Kabuto hopes they do well, but I feel like Kabuto has something under his sleeve for the both of them.

"Look at them go, so this is what war feels like," Deidara said quietly, his voice low and raspy as if he hasn't talked in a while. Sasori turned to Deidara and let out a low chuckle, indicating that he isn't surprised as he went through war before, despite Sasori's childlike features, I keep on forgetting that he is actually in his 30s.

"Sometimes I wonder how Zetsu and my replacement are really the only survivors," Sasori said as he turned to Deidara mockingly.

"You sound pissed to be alive..." Deidara said turning to Sasori, his words only angered Sasori even more. "I'll KILL you," Sasori said through his gritted teeth, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm already dead...we're already dead" Deidara repeated, making Sasori look like a complete idiot.

I stayed silent as I watched Deidara and his movements, along with his words. The normal Deidara would've said the same thing, yes, but he said it with such lack of emotion. There's no doubt about it, I'm sure the tag removes all of his emotions. I think it drains his emotions as time passes on.

"Sasori, Deidara...you can proceed now, take the lead," Kabuto said as I watched Deidara, his cold eyes looked back at me. Completely emotionless. Sometimes it feels like his soul wants to reach out to me, but something is holding him back.

I watched as Deidara and Sasori went off, the duo once again off to face their enemies as a team, they never got to rest and even in death, they fought together. Well, not willingly, but still acceptable nonetheless.

"I'll go off later on..." I informed Kabuto, who has started to make his way back into the hideout. "You know where I'll be..." Kabuto said, his voice lightly mocking me as if he had succeeded in his little plan to keep Deidara and me away until the war has started.

As Kabuto's footsteps faded away, my eyes looked up onto the sky.

Madara had saved me, he had taken care of me and now I am living out what seems to be my dream. But it doesn't feel like mine. Do I want this? A world of Genjutsu. A wave of realization hits me as I realized my thoughts, my doubts and uncertainties. "You idiot..." I said to myself as I facepalmed the mask against my face, the mask lightly hitting my skin. Of course, I want this, I want this with Deidara. For any reason, I shouldn't do anything to sabotage it. I should just keep away from Deidara.

"I'm not interested in living...being alive in that Genjutsu, what is the difference between living?"

Deidara's words crossed my mind.

I sighed as I slowly started to walk, I felt as if I needed to get away from things before we get to the serious part. People will die and a lot of horrors will be unfolded during this war, maybe I should even prepare myself for it. I pounced from the ground and moved forward by trees, feeling the chakra push against the branches of the tree, increasing my speed. As time goes on, my mind stumbles back onto the poem I read yesterday inside one of the forbidden scrolls.

Infatuation with a person

Isn't that love? the feel of passion? Being in love, is infatuation, right?

immersion in sadness

Sadness, one that drowns you in pain, maybe it meant something like heartbreak and pain?

vengeful hate that grows in the heart

Hate comes from anger, maybe the poem wants to indicate that anger is needed in the heart?

is the key to unlocking it at the start

Key, at the start. Key, does that mean birth? Birth is the start of it all.

Love, Sadness, Anger, Key.

'What does this mean?' i thought as I went forward. The vision of trees went blurry as my speed remained fast, the sound of birds couldn't even be heard any longer.

All of a sudden, I heard a creak nearby. I stopped as I leaned back onto the tree, the warm sun hitting my skin. My eyes darted towards the open path as I see a young family passing by. A mother with her two sons, both I'm no monster, I see no reason to harm these innocent people.

"Mommy? Is daddy going to be okay" one of the children said, the voice of the child low and pleading, almost as if absolutely heartbroken by the absence of his father. "He will be okay.." the mother said as she pulled her son closer, still walking with both of them.

"We must always remember to keep him in our prayers and love him, he will come home with a little bit of hope," She said as her other child held onto her arm, almost as if he is clinging onto her. "Yes mommy..." the child said as he leaned onto his mother, finding comfort in her presence and her protection. I watched as they walked away, hand in hand, together as a family. I've never had that, love from a mother, love from a father. However, I got love from Deidara, the one who accepted my love openly and made me feel every bit of happiness I failed to experience when I was younger. With him, I didn't lack anything. I gained more with him. Somehow the conversation between the mother and son touched something I long locked away after Deidara died.

Love.

"Love..." I said quietly as I looked down, the sound of birds chirping and the sound of rustling leaves as the wind blows filled my ears. Love, love, love...

My eyes shot open as I looked up, now realizing what I have to do. The tips of my finger traced the tree, I chuckled as I looked down again.

"Deidara..." I said as my head raised, I looked forward onto the open area of trees, now knowing what I have to do, the content of my heart now full, the gap of which Deidara had left is now filling up. I know, what to do.

"I'm such an idiot, aren't I?" I said as I went forward, chasing after the love of my life.

Deidara.

Wait up.

Wait for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 792 10
Akatsuki x reader HC, drabbles, scenarios, etc. The first couple of chapters were written long ago and really suck, so sorry. Gender Neutral Reader P...
6.8K 275 24
Will Deidara ever love again or will he catch feelings to fast for a certain good boy Thanks to everyone who reads this story and made it possible to...
26.5K 534 12
DISCLAIMER: This story is fictional i do not own Deidara he is Kishimotoa creation design and property from the manga/anime series od Naruto. This w...
39.4K 1.4K 35
Deidara, stubborn, slightly stuck up, arrogant, and he uses it all to cover up his pain. Going to Khona High ever since freshman year he kept to hims...