𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 | Snip...

By sacredsonatas

Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it h... More

With Me, Always
Unwelcome Observations
Midnight Snack
Ghosts of the Past
Exam Season
For The First Time In Forever
Roots of Darkness | Part 1
Roots of Darkness | Part 2
Physics
Two Year Anniversary | Part 1
Author's Note
Two Year Anniversary | Part 2
Gone
Oodles of Noodles
Reunited
"The Wrong Jedi" Arc Alternate Ending
Smile Through It All
A Day Off
First Bonds and a Lost Lightsaber
Partners in Crime
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 1
Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 2
Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq, Six, Sept, Huit, Neuf
New Beginnings | Godparents
Rewrite The Stars
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 1
Smile Through It All | Finale, Part 2
An Interesting Game of Spy-N-Seek
Auntie 'Soka
Too Late
Imperfections
Author's Rant
Mosquito
My Shot
No Need for Trig at the Pool, Obi-Wan
Burn
Jazzy Tries Making An Edit (Fail)
Long Time No See
Stay?
HAPPY MAY THE FOURTH!!!!!
Shattered Mind | Part 1
Shattered Mind | Part 2
Shattered Mind | Part 3
TYSM FOR 5K! 💕💕
Interesting Dreams You Have There, Snips
Shattered Mind | Part 4
Cosmic Force
Remember Me
Tano-Skywalker
Dear Luke and Leia
Ice Skating
Happiest Year
Comfort
For Good
New Friends
Dear Luke and Leia | Reprise
Physics | Part 2
Bonding
Stay Alive | Part 1
Stay Alive | Part 2
10k Celebration!
Stay Alive | Part 3
Jealousy
Quadratics
A Broadway Surprise
Hogwarts
Braiding
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 1
Lingering Memories
Left With No Choice
Stay Strong
Happy Birthday, Skyguy!
Long Gone
Trouble on Tatooine | Part 2
The Disaster Trio
Troubles With Spanish
The Truth | Part 1
The Truth | Part 2
Display of Strength
Anakin & The Ill-Fated Padawan
Math Tutoring
May The Force Be With You
Penpals
Headcanon: In The Bedroom Down The Hall
In The Bedroom Down the Hall
At Long Last, Part 1
Tired
Snow Day

My Sleep Schedule Is Kriffed

867 23 31
By sacredsonatas

"What are you doing up so late?" A bleary-eyed Anakin Skywalker muttered as he trudged into his apprentice's bedroom. "It's nearly one in the morning."

"Why do you think?" Ahsoka returned, not even trying to hide her yawn. She was utterly exhausted; not a single ounce of energy was left in her body. The war hadn't been kind to her. Every day, she saw hundreds of her fallen brothers on the battlefield. The only thing she remembers were the deadly, scarlet red gunshots that pierced their chests, and their agonizing screams. "Sleep hasn't been coming, so I figured I'd do something to pass the time."

Lie.

Anakin cocked his head sideways, observing her. He knew the war was taking a heavy toll on his Padawan, but something felt amiss.

"Why do homework instead of just relaxing until you fall asleep?"

"I need to exercise my brain, it gets bored. I can't let my first-place ranking in classes go to someone else."

Another lie.

"Don't overwork yourself, Snips. You should go to sleep."

"But it's spring break!" Ahsoka argued tiredly.

The Knight stared at her incredulously. Spring break was long over. "Alright, you're going to bed."

"No, I'm not," she protested feebly.

But my trig homework...

"Yes you are, Soka," Anakin whispered, scooping the Togruta into his arms. "You look absolutely horrible."

He was right. Numerous dark circles were visible under Ahsoka's eyes and her eyelids drooped; you could barely see her pupils. To Ahsoka, It was a constant reminder of sleep deprivation and her poor time-management skills. Often staying up past eleven, she dragged on, barely completing her schoolwork before one in the morning. She would constantly glance at the bed while working and with every passing moment, her head lowered a centimetre closer to the page. She wanted to sleep, she wanted to ditch the huge truckload of work -- but she had to catch up on the assignments she'd left for the last minute. With every yawn that escaped her mouth, her eyes watered just a little more. With every tear of exhaustion that seeped past her eyelids, her brain stopped thinking straight a little bit more. The fatigue was swallowing her whole.

"Good night, Snips." Anakin tucked the drained Padawan into her covers. Her stiff posture immediately relaxed, rolling herself into a Togruta burrito in her covers.

Anakin smiled at the gesture before placing a quick, chaste kiss on her forehead. He slipped out of the room , quietly closing the door behind him.

Ahsoka felt her eyelids grow heavy.  "At least he doesn't know how much I procrastinated." Was her final thought before drifting off.

***
-Her dream-

It was around three-thirty in the afternoon, and classes had just finished their sessions. Ahsoka logged onto Teams, preparing to begin her trig homework. The first part was easy; determine the angle or length of a side using either sine, cosine, tangent or cotangent. It didn't take the witty Togruta long to finish the first four questions. She detested the second part. These word problems were the bane of her existence. The interpretation was often tricky and unclear. Worse, her teacher loved to add extra, often unnecessary sentences to confuse them.

"Ughhh," she groaned, leaning against the back of her chair. "Spacegram is so much more interesting. I'll quickly check it -- a couple of minutes won't hurt. If Anakin walks in to check on my progress, I'll just say I had to ask a friend about a math question."

3:50 pm. @ahsokatano_logged on.

Direct Messages.
To: _barrissoffee

Good afternoon Barriss :)

Hello Ahsoka. How can I help you?

Nothing much. I just despise math.

There are many different areas of math. Which one(s)?

Complex trig word problems. I hate them! My teacher has this annoying habit where he keeps adding useless sentences to confuse us and then marks harshly. Ugh!

Who's your teacher?

Our favourite Master Window💀
He just- I can't even find words to describe the guy!

I have to agree with you on that one. I had Master Window for pre-calculus 11 this year (Not to show off, but I did Math 10 in advance.) He sucks at explaining quadratic functions. Parabolas are a nightmare.

I can only hope that I don't get him next year. It's honestly a huge achievement just to listen to him drone on about trigonometric functions without falling asleep.

I can understand why 😂
Anyways, do you want to hang out?

I'm sorry, I can't 😭 this assignment is due in- KRIFF.

What's wrong?

It's already 4:20 pm and I still have five extremely difficult word problems to solve!

Take a break. Go outside. Do some lightsaber training. It clears your mind.

I might just do that. But I have to finish my biology assignment first and turn it in. It should be pretty easy.

May the Force be With You, Ahsoka. Talk soon!

-end of conversation-

Ahsoka sighed in irritation. "I hate biology," she grumbled. "All you do is memorize stuff. What's the point? And my assignment is completely useless." Opening her Science Teams, Ahsoka took one glance at the bio assignment and screamed. "I am NOT memorizing parts of a plant cell right now. No. Freaking. Way. I'll do it later. Class isn't for another 14 hours. I'm fine."

"Is everything alright, Snips?" Anakin asked, poking his head into her room.

Shoot.

"Yeah I'm fine, Master," Ahsoka mumbled.

"If you say so," he replied, looking unconvinced. "You've been working for a couple of hours now, can you show me your progress?"

The Togrutan Padawan's eyes snapped open.

Uh oh.

"N-no Master, I-"

"Ahsoka, what did you do?" Anakin accused, suspicion quickly rising in his voice.

"I-"

The Padawan felt like she was being suffocated. Her Master was swiftly walking towards her with a large frown on his face, asking to see her progress. There was barely any. She'd only done twenty minutes of work. She was oh so dead.

"Let me check through your computer."

Ahsoka had no choice but to hand it over. She watched helplessly as Anakin revisited all the social media sites she'd been on that afternoon, brows furrowing in shock.

"I'm very disappointed in you Ahsoka," he said, glaring at her. "You've wasted two precious hours! Both your biology and math homework should have been finished by now! Your teachers all say the assignments shouldn't take you more than half an hour to complete. You used two hours. Two hours!"

"Master, I-"

-end of dream-

Ahsoka sat up in bed abruptly. Her Trig homework! Her biology homework! She couldn't let her nightmare become reality. As she climbed out of bed, the Togrutan Padawan glanced at the clock on her nightstand.

Three am.

"Well," she sighed, "if my sleep schedule wasn't completely kriffed before, it is now.."

***

A/N: I based this chapter off of a real life scenario 👀 so a couple days ago, I was doing my Harmony 10 homework, (advanced music theory). Took me forever to finish. Then I had trig homework 🤡 🔪 and stayed up until past midnight to finish it, rip.
It wasn't my best idea, especially since I had a quiz the next day 💀 and so unfortunately I couldn't make it to 7am choir the next morning. Thus, I emailed my band/choir teacher. (same person) After school that day when I asked him if he got my email and what i'd missed, he just stared at me and asked me all these awkward questions like he was doubting my story. Like tf? I'm trying to get everything done and make up for what I missed. You don't need my entire kriffing life story!

Anyways, rant's over! Sorry for the late update! I woke up early just for you guys 😌

I've noticed a pattern here. Whenever I write sad oneshots, it's always Ahsoka who dies or gets hurt. Just a heads up, I'm going to kill Anakin next 😈😈😈

Peace out! Redemption update coming soon 💞

- Jazzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 300 19
Ahsoka Tano. Padawan of Anakin Skywalker. And a rocky desert planet with injured people. Windu doesn't care in the least about the physical or menta...
28.8K 537 33
The war is over, the jedi were executed for treason, and then imperial times had begun. The only jedi left were Obi-Wan, Yoda, and of course Anakin's...
10.3K 154 30
Some Ahsoka and her family one shots, I like to use the AU where order 66 didn't happen and Anakin didn't turn. Lots of fluff and platonic cuddles :...
1.4K 32 17
|I own nothing, except for Jovul Wren and Silver Skywalker, his Jedi Master| At age 5 years old, Jovul was separated from his family and taken to the...