LONG STORY SHORT, james potter

By aurorasandsadprosee

long story short, i was a bad time long story short, i survived marauders era james potter x fem!oc More

𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭.
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.
𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐨.
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

𝐬𝐢𝐱.

8.7K 421 217
By aurorasandsadprosee

CHAPTER SIX

aisling & peter

THE CASTLE WAS abuzz with the excitement surrounding Gryffindor's first quidditch match of the season. After establishing themselves as the popular house, it was expected that every house ( with the exception of the Slytherins ) should fall in line with their support. 

Especially, when the threat of being mercilessly pranked by four notorious Gryffindors loomed over their heads as an added incentive. James Potter strutted into the Great Hall decked out in his chaser's uniform. His quidditch jumper was on the tight side, so it revealed his muscles. 

He was flanked by his friends and was radiating a god's energy. He was untouchable. He was clearly trying to distract himself from the major loss of Lily with quidditch and instead, aiming to be adored by everyone. That should surely show her who the better man was. 

He made eye contact with the red head and winked, she, in return, did not react, but maintained a raised eyebrow and judgmental expression. 

Betty Lupin watched the whole ordeal as she tried to suppress a smile from the Hufflepuff table. A lot of her house had dressed in the Gryffindor red and gold in favor of Slytherin's silver and green.

"You're cruel," Aisling whispered in pity. "He's trying his best."

"It's obviously not enough," Betty wheezed as she stopped herself from laughing. "Oh come on he looks like a bloody peacock strutting in like that and expecting everyone to fall in love with him! If his hubris isn't enough to deter you, surely his audacity should."

"And how has he been audacious?" Aisiling asked with a raised eyebrow.

Betty widened her eyes and just referred to his general figure frantically. 

"Lupin!" he shouted from across the hall. "Can't get enough of me, can you?"

"Obviously not, Potter," she replied sarcastically. "Because I find your testerone show to be the most magnificent thing in my life."

"Good," he said haughtily. "As you should."

She rolled her eyes and looked away, her eyes settling pointedly on Aisling's face.

"You baited him," Aisling deadpanned.

"He baited me!" Betty defended. "And besides! Why are you defending him? You like Peter!"

"And we all know that the best way to a boy is through his friends," Aisling said coyly.

"Spare me," Betty grumbled. "You know — before you decided to defend James Potter, I actually considered telling you vital information for you quest for Peter Pettigrew." 

"Shit ... uh ... James Potter can go fuck himself and die in a pit," Aisling said quickly. "What's the information."

Betty laughed at how quickly her manner had changed.

"I think he might actually like you back," she said with a light voice.

"Really?" Aisling breathed out in wonder. "How do you know?"

"I talked to him about it," Betty said with a smirk.

"You did what?" Aisling asked loudly.

"Quiet down!" Betty hushed. "And yes, but I was very discreet and I think he likes you back. He couldn't stop talking about how you both love Arthimancy and stuff like that. Only stuff that people who like someone like that would notice!"

"Merlin's left ball!" Aisling breathed out. "I have to go talk to him!"

"Woah woah," Betty said, concerned. "We have to plan this out!"

"No!" Aisling exclaimed. "Boys like him get offers all the time, I need to strike while the iron is hot!" 

"I mean go you for boldness?" Betty asked. "I'll be here."

"What do you mean you'll be here?" Aisiling asked incredulously.

"Well I'm not interested in Peter and besides, Pippa's over there if you need emotional support," Betty said with a smile.

"No, because you have something that you need to talk to your brother, one of Peter's best mates, urgently about," Aisling said.

"What? No I-" Betty protested. "Oh. I see." 

"Please," Aisling begged.

"Fine," Betty grumbled. "But you owe me a dress design."

"Consider it done!" Aisling squealed.

Betty sighed as she pushed herself off the bench that was becoming increasingly extremely comfortable and walked with Aisling over to the Gryffindor table.

"Rem!" she called out as the four boys turned to face her. "I need to talk to you." 

"Sure, what's it about?" Remus asked as he put down his fork.

"Privately," Betty said as she tugged on his arm.

"Really, Lupin?" James asked, annoyed.

Betty considered retorting, but that wasn't why she was there. 

"Be nice," she grumbled to Sirius, James and Peter as Aisling stood awkwardly in front of where Remus had been sitting.

"So?" Remus asked as they walked towards the entrance to the Hall.

"Oh I don't need to talk to you about anything," Betty revealed as she looked periodically over at the table.

"Then why'd you drag me over here?" Remus asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Betty made eye contact and then nodded her head over to his friends. Any fool could clearly see Aisling and Peter hitting it off while James and Sirius chatted together. It was obvious from the way she lightly touched his shoulder and threw her head back in laughter and how his cheeks had a slight tinge to them. 

"Oh," Remus grumbled. "Really?"

"What?" Betty asked. "They like each other."

"Fair enough," Remus mumbled. "Guess we'll be seeing more of Aisling."

"Guess you will," Betty said with a smile. 

"I almost forgot," Remus said as he dug his hand into his trouser pocket. "Dad meant for me to give this to you. Sent it to me by mistake." 

He held out a small, brown leather watch. The clock was rimmed in gold and had golden roman numerals to keep the time. The leather was soft and flexible — obviously worn.

"Mum's watch," Betty said quietly as she stared at it.

"He found it in her dresser drawer," Remus muttered. "Thought you might like to have it."

Betty nodded as she looped it over her left wrist and fastened it. She stared at it for a little bit longer before tearing her vision away. Betty decided that it was probably time to head back as Remus grew impatient with waiting. 

"Come on," she instructed as they walked back over to the group. "Thanks for waiting, Ashe."

"'course," she said with a smile. "Anything for you."

Betty had to suppress a smile, as she turned to Peter. 

"Well, we'll see you at the party tonight," Aisling said with a wave as she took her place next to Betty.

"We?" Betty questioned.

"Yes we," Aisling insisted with desperate eyes.

"Ashe said she goes to parties all the time," Peter said, confused.

"Oh she does," Betty said with a blasé smile. "And you two have so much fun at the Gryffindor party without me."

"Or we could have fun with you," Aisling said with an enthusiastic nod. "Because you need to get out more."

"I don't do parties," Betty deadpanned.

"'course you don't," James said with a laugh. "I'd be surprised if the word 'fun' was even in your vocabulary."

"I-" Betty growled, her face growing hot. "Fuck it. Fine. I'm coming."

"The ends justify the means!" Aisling cheered as she dragged Betty out of the Great Hall.

On their way to Potions, what she'd just agreed to hit Betty like a truck. A party meant dressing up, drinking alcohol, dancing and trying to make small talk with people she wasn't interested in.

"I'll help you throughout the party," Aisling said, as if having read her mind. "And I'll dress you before so you look incredible!"

"I don't know," Betty mumbled.

"It's time for you to get back out there!" Aisling said softly. "You've holed up ever since Kellan and you need to reach out your beautiful wings again!" 

"But it's just so many people..." Betty protested again.

"And besides," Aisling sang. "James Potter will never let you forget it if you skip."

Betty drew in a long breath and resigned herself to her reality. She had to go to that party tonight. At best, for the purposes of meeting new people. At worst, to prove James bloody Potter wrong. 

Morning classes went by quickly as Betty overthought the party — coming up with every possible scenario that could play out. One, including James Potter and her getting drunk and shagging. She gagged and tried to forget the image that she'd created in her head — however, she would be lying if she said it didn't make her stomach flutter a little bit. 

And so, when Aisling was sitting in their shared dorm and holding up various outfits in front of Betty, she'd thought of possibly everything that could go wrong or right that night. 

"That's it!" Aisling exclaimed. "You're going to look so hot!" 

"Merlin, Ashe," Betty chuckled. "I don't need to look hot."

"But you will, love," Ashe hummed as she placed the outfit on Betty's bed. "You're wearing this."

Betty looked down to see a black leather 60's mini skirt, a wine red silk tank top, a matching long, black leather coat and knee-high black gogo boots.

"Merlin Ashe," Betty mumbled. "I don't have the confidence to wear this."

"Bullshit!" Aisling exclaimed. "I've seen you reducto a teapot with no practice in class! You're going to wear this and you're going to look fit!" 

"Fine," Betty mumbled. "What're you wearing?"

Aisling smiled mischievously and pulled out a green and silver-rimmed jumpsuit with a chest cut out and silver, glittery ankle boots.

"Merlin, Ashe," Betty laughed. "You'll be taken for sympathizing with the enemy in colours like that!" 

"So?" Aisling asked. "I'm looking to shag Peter, a Gryffindor, and everyone knows shagging the enemy is hot!"

"At that rate I should be shagging James Potter!" Betty exclaimed. "Your logic sometimes appalls me."

"Maybe you should shag him," Aisling mumbled.

"What?" Betty asked.

"What?" Aisling asked innocently.

"What did you say?" Betty asked.

"What?" Aisling repeated innocently.

"What did you-" Betty huffed, "forget it." 

"Get dressed!" Aisling instructed as she threw the silk tank top at Betty. 

"Fine," Betty grumbled as she took off her uniform and replaced it with the red and black ensemble. 

Aisling teased out Betty's hair and applied a minimal amount of makeup before deeming them both ready to go and dragged her down the steps of the common room. People stared at their figures as they went past, that was Aisling, sure, but Betty? The same girl who practically invented bohemian style? Surely not. 

Much to Aisling's dismay, Betty buttoned the leather jacket in an attempt to not attract as much attention, but she wasn't going to push it. She wanted her friend to be comfortable above all ( even if she pushed Betty a little too much sometimes ).

They stepped through the portrait hole, not even having to give the password and were greeted with pounding rock music and the stench of alcohol. 

Aisling took her hand and lead her, excitedly, through the crowds of talking and dancing bodies. She spotted Peter and waved eagerly as the girls approached the four boys. They were, naturally, surrounded by other people — James in particular as he was the last truly single one of them.

"You actually came!" Sirius yelled over the music, obviously a little tipsy. "And you're wearing a coat?"

"It's cold?" Betty said, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Take off the bloody coat, Betty!" Sirius exclaimed as he pulled Remus close to him.

Remus was very drunk and smiling like an idiot at Sirius's display of affection. Betty smiled to herself at the showing as well, happy that they were so in love. 

"Not a chance in hell," Betty yelled back as she turned grumpily towards a flirting Aisling and Peter.

"At least have a drink," Sirius exclaimed as he handed her what was left in his cup.

She took the cup and swirled the mystery liquid in it, contemplating whether or not to actually drink it. She finally decided to take the leap — what did she have to lose? 

The alcohol burned her throat as she downed the rest of the cup and wiped her mouth after. She felt a little dizzy, but regained her balance. She could feel it coursing through her veins at warp speed — her confidence raising. 

Too soon, the flirting turned into full on snogging and Betty looked away in disgust, although there weren't many places to turn to not see people sucking face. And that was when she spotted the familar head of Kellan Forrester.

He was obviously flirting with a brunette Ravenclaw in Betty's year. She knew his tactics and could spot them anywhere. However, something strange happened. Instead of becoming hopelessly melancholy, she felt anger rush through her body like the ocean at high tide. 

"Fuck this," she grumbled to herself. "Fuck him."

She decided that she looked hot and mentally thanked Aisling for forcing her to wear the outfit. She, of course, had to reveal it dramatically, so she got on the table opposite of Sirius, demanded another cup of alcohol from one of the girls below her, downed it and started to dance to the beat.

Right when she knew when the chorus would start because she knew "The Chain" by heart. So, when Lindsey Buckingham started to sing, she unbuttoned and shrugged off the jacket — tossing it to the side.

Sirius hooped and hollered at her revealed. She threw her head back in laughter as her cheeks were tinged red. Her eyes lit up as she crouched down and invited one of the people dancing below onto the table with her. 

A Gryffindor boy in her year that she knew joined her, placing his hands on her hips while she wrapped hers lazily around his neck. She laughed as they danced slowly together, her hips moving in a circular motion as the boy stared at her intently. 

From his place below the table and in the constant eye sight of Lily Evans, James Potter bit the rim of his cup as he couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Maybe it was the alcohol pumping through his veins or maybe it was something else, buried, but all he knew is that she looked fit and he didn't like that sixth year dancing with her. 

From a little ways away, Kellan Forrester couldn't stop looking over at her while he flirted with the brunette half as well. 

It seemed as if confidence fitted Betty Lupin because when she came down from the table after a couple of songs, quite a few people asked her if she wanted a drink or to dance. The alcohol clearing her system a little — she declined all of them and walked over to Remus and Sirius. 

"Theres the queen of the party!" Sirius exclaimed drunkenly as he tipped his beer towards her. "People haven't shut up about you."

"It's been fucking annoying," Remus slurred. "Had to fight all of 'em off."

"How chivalrous," Betty said sarcastically as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I should go. Have you seen Aisling?"

"Went up with Peter a couple minutes ago," Sirius revealed as he waggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

"My work here is done, then," Betty hummed as she grabbed Aisling's leather jacket and headed out of the common room door, back to her own.

On the way to her yellow and black refuge, she passed stumbling couples and a couple of rude boys who got offended when she refused to shag them. 

Shaking it off, she made it safely back and collapsed onto her bed in a daze of alcohol and Fleetwood Mac. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 20.2K 51
"𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩...
91.5K 6.1K 124
This is part II because there is a chapter limit! If you are interested in part I, please go to this link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/213954062-th...
26.4K 537 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
494 8 16
Harry Potter x Fem! Reader ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* I looked straight at his eyes. "You can't expect me to allow you to die, not when we've lost so much." Silence...