𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

making amends part one

CLASSES WENT BY quickly as Betty anticipated her first Chanukah without her mother. After James got in a fight with Kellan, she'd kept her distance from both boys — opting to stick with her friends and rarely going off on her own should her luck come into play and she bump into one or, Merlin forbid, both of them. The snow started to fall onto Hogwarts castle — coating the towers and halls with the only indicator of the best part of the year and driving students to play in the bitter cold that could only be melted by their warm laughter and the occasional Butterbeer that was dropped to the ground. 

Betty held her Hufflepuff robes and scarf close to her body as she walked with Cece down to the library to study for an exam. She had been excused from classes for a few days, but still had to make up the work and that was proving to be a mighty task, so she enlisted the help of the brightest people she knew.

"Thank you all for coming," Betty said as she sat down at the table, facing Lily Evans's red hair as Cece took the seat next to Betty. All of them brought out their books and settled at the table. "As promised, I'll buy both of you Butterbeer during our new year trip to Hogsmeade and Lily, thank you because I'm sure Rem — "

" — he has his friends, he's fine," Lily interrupted with a kind smile as she shifted some books around. "In a large shock, I found out that James is actually brilliant and so is Sirius and of course Peter has his specialties."

"Right," Betty mumbled as she stared at the list of tasks that she had to do. "Shall we start with Charms?"

After thoroughly completing all of her work, Betty was in a jolly mood as she almost ran down the corridor in anticipation. All three of her friends were waiting, per request, in front of the entrance to seventh floor left corridor. Practically falling out of her bag were baked goods of all sorts, the blueberry muffins proved to be the most prone to falling at that particular moment. 

"Betty, what's going on?" Aisling asked as she looked, confused, at the red cheeked and huffing and puffing girl. 

"I ... hold on, let me catch my breath," she whispered as she bent over and wheezed. "You'd think that I'd be used to this because of my brother, but dear Merlin, no. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for acting like a right prick to all of you while I was dating him and ignoring all of you. I was being a dick and I'm really sorry and I wanted to make it up to all of you."