DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 71: RISK
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 67: WAR

438 9 1
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene shows the city of Atlas under a massive invasion under the Grimm. People were immediately evacuating as they were running in panic into the underground subways. In a manta, Winter and the Aces had Dean, Týra, Yang, Jaune, and Ren cuffed with Gravity Bolas as they approach Atlas, and Atlas Military chatter can be heard over the in-ship radio.

Commander 1: we can't get the Hard Light shields back up, sir. The generators took too much damage!

Ironwood: then don't waste resource on them. Beta Squad, the creature?

Commander 2: we tried bombs, missiles, but we can't make a dent, sir.

Winter chimes into the conversation.

Winter: Sir, Schnee here. Penny is still MIA, but we've apprehended Redgrave, Jötum, Arc, Xiao Long, and Ren.

Ironwood: stand by for further orders, and don't let those fugitives out of your sight.

Winter: yes, sir. Of course.

Dean: this is turning out to be the worst brother/sister-in-law bonding I've ever been in.

Týra: if Vali heard that, he'd smack you on the head for that joke.

Mimir: and Weiss would probably join in on the beating.

Yang: guys, not now.

Winter just shakes her head at their conversation, then gasps as Monstra slowly comes into view through the windscreen. Jaune and Ren stare slackjawed at the gargantuan Grimm.

Dean: wow, it's a lot bigger up close.

Jaune: that's where the Grimm took Oscar and Ember. It's even bigger than I thought.

Mimir: eh, when you've seen these things for most of your immortal life, you get use to seeing giants that could crush you with little to no force.

Vine: changing the subject, Grimm don't take prisoners.

Yang: this one did. If you would just let us go--

Yang makes to get out of her seat, but Vine and Elm grab her shoulders, forcing her back down. Ironwood's voice comes through over the radio again.

Ironwood: cease fire. Manta squads, concentrate on secondary hostiles. Command is working on a solution for the creature.

Winter: what do you have in mind, sir?

Ironwood: we aren't making any progress attacking the thing from the outside. But from the inside, it could be vulnerable. Science team is putting together a bomb. When it's ready, we'll drop it off as close to the target as possible. Then, your team will deliver it on foot. Sending your rendezvous coordinates now.

Throughout Ironwood's order, Winter's face goes through a cycle of emotions: pensiveness, horror, denial, and finally, resolution.

Winter: Of course, sir. We will hold the point and we will get it done.

Dean, Týra, Mimir, Yang, Jaune, and Ren are taken aback.

Jaune: but Ember and Oscar are in there!

Yang: you can't do this!

As Yang struggles to break away from Elm and Vine's grasp, Winter's expression changes back to one of regret. Her right hand trembles before she steadies it by clenching her fist. However, unknown to them, both Dean and Týra were pissed, and one of them was going to murder someone.

*OSCAR*

Meanwhile, within Monstra's throne room, Salem is directing her Grimm by making sweeping gestures with her arms, similar to an orchestra conductor. Ember was in a Grimm-like cradle as she just watched. Emerald is spying on them from a short distance away. She seems conflicted about the present situation, steels herself, then leaves the room. In the hallway, she encounters the Seer but is able to evade detection using her Semblance.

Behind a closed door, she overhears Oscar Pine's physical torture at the hands of Hazel Rainart, and puts her ear to it to eavesdrop. In the room, Oscar is suspended off the floor by his wrists. His blood drips onto the floor.

Hazel: that stunt you pulled. She'd have killed you if you didn't just pop up somewhere else. Still, you can make things easier on yourself if you start telling the truth.

He walks up to Oscar, who has a black eye, is bruised in several places, and has clothes peppered with dried blood, dirt, and scorch marks. Ozpin speaks through the boy.

Ozpin: you've never wondered why she recruited you? You, specifically, to help her find the Relics.

Hazel: we share a vision. She's gonna create a new world order, no Kingdoms...

Hazel steps close to Oscar, almost nose-to-nose.

Hazel: ...and no Huntsmen Academies.

Ozpin: (chuckles) new world order. No. When Salem gets all four Relics, there will be no world left at all. Don't you get it? She's been alive longer than you can comprehend. All she craves now is release. Death.

Hazel punches Oscar, sending him swaying by his wrists.

Hazel: stop lying! Salem can't be killed.

Oscar blinks repeatedly, trying to focus on Hazel's words.

Hazel: when she came for me, I killed her over and over again. The longest she was gone was only a few hours, before she put herself back together. When I couldn't lift my arms anymore, she showed me that, through her, I could have the vengeance I needed.

Ozpin: oh, Hazel, don't you see? That is why she came for you. Because she could make you believe that this is what you needed.

Hazel: this is what you deserve!

Ozpin: yes! but Oscar? The people of Atlas, Remnant? You haven't done what you've done for justice. You've done it for yourself. Because she pushed you to think it would help you. Well, has it?

*V and N*

In the Schnee Manor, Weiss and Nikki had finished treating an unconscious Nora's injuries as best they can. Nora talks in her sleep.

Nora: now what am I good for?

Nikki: shhh... Don't think about it, love. Just rest.

Ruby, Blake, and Vali soon enter in with hot drinks in hand.

Vali: (hands Nikki tea) here.

Nikki: (accepts it) thanks. Everything alright?

Vali: apart from the invasion outside, everything's secured.

Ruby: how is she?

Weiss: we've done what we can, but she needs a doctor. (Accepts a cup from Ruby)

Blake: hopefully, May's able to reach the others. I'm... I really hope they're okay.

Vali: Trish managed to get a hold of Nico. She said Dean and the others took off after something, and haven't been heard from since.

Blake glances out of the window at the Atlesian night sky, where distant red lightning can be seen flashing periodically.

Blake: Salem's monster is making Grimm faster than the Atlas military can kill them. The city won't stand a chance unless we stop it.

Ruby: it's massive. Way bigger than a leviathan. What can we even do?

Weiss: Penny launched Amity and our message went out. Do we just wait for someone to come? If they even come.

Ruby stares morosely at her cup, red lightning lighting up her reflection in the liquid within.

Ruby: how did it all get like this?

Vali then turns and leaves. As he does, My opens the door, and he wordlessly moves pass her.

May: what's with him?

Weiss: I'll find out.

Setting her cup down, Weiss leaves and follows Vali. She soon finds him looking at a family portrait in the living room area. She approaches him, concern.

Weiss: Vali? Are you sure you're alright?

Vali: ...

Weiss: look, I know you don't want to talk about it, but I want to help you. Please, (cups his cheek and turns him to look at her) Vali, just talk to me.

Vali: (after a moment) honestly... I don't know what to think. I was eight when Yamato appeared, and that same day, Raven told me the truth that I wasn't her son. Since then, a small part of me always wondered who my mother was, and why did she leave me. (Looks at the portrait) but now I know... I never had a mother at all.

Weiss: that's not—

Vali: think about it. Raven took me because of my bloodline, and Salem would've used Dean and I to kill everyone. Mothers are supposed to give love to their children, and I never received any of that. The only thing I've ever received power, so they could make me their weapon.

Weiss: (holds his hand after a moment) but you're more then that. You said so yourself. And, you still have a family. Our friends, your teammates, we're your family. And, even if your mother is Salem, that doesn't change who you are.

Vali: and who am I?

Weiss: (cups his face) you're Vali Branwen. A good man with a good heart.

Hearing this did bring some comfort to him, and he pulls Weiss in for a kiss. They stay like this for a bit until returning to the others.

*OSCAR*

Back with Oscar, Ozpin was trying to reason with Hazel on why he needs to stop.

Ozpin: "So long as this world turns, you shall walk its face". That was the curse cast upon her. But if Salem can divide Humanity beyond repair, and bring all four Relics together, she believes that maybe her curse will be broken. The Gods will rule against us and destroy Remnant, once and for all.

Hazel: nice story. But if Gretchen's death taught me one thing, it was never to trust you.

As Hazel moves toward Oscar, the boy's persona talks to Ozpin in his mind.

Oscar: please, let me.

Ozpin: but, Oscar--

Oscar: you want him to trust us? Then trust me.

The boy closes his eyes, and Ozpin yields control to Oscar.

Oscar: her name is Jinn.

Hazel stops advancing toward Oscar.

Oscar: you want her to come out of the Lamp? Just say her name. She can still answer one more question.

Hazel's eyes widen in anger, and he grabs and lifts Oscar by the collar.

Hazel: after all that, you're just going to give Salem the password?

Oscar: no, I'm giving you the password, and hoping you'll find the truth for yourself.

Hazel slowly releases Oscar's collar, his scowl turning to an expression of surprise. On the other side of the door, Emerald pulls away from the door, trying to process what she has heard.

Meanwhile, Kira and Ryuk were with Merlot as they talked with Mundus through a mirror.

Merlot: how goes the plan on your end, my lord?

Mundus: very well. The fools have no idea what is to come. And, by the time they do, it will be too late. (To Kira) are you ready for your mission in Vacuo?

Kira: yes. Everything's in place. Still, I wish Salem would allow us to take the child. It'll make getting into the vault easier.

Merlot: well, you heard the woman. She wants it with her until the heroes arrive.

Ryuk: still, this seems boring. Lord Mundus, when will you make your move?

Mundus: soon, Grim Reaper. However, there's something I do want you to do for me.

From the mirror, a fresh red apple appears, and Ryuk's face was one of excitement like a child just received candy or a present. He grabs it, and look back up while smiling.

Ryuk: you only give me these when you want me to kill someone. So, who's name am I writing in my Death Note?

*DEAN and TÝRA*

Meanwhile, in the Ace Ops' aircraft, Yang stands up to confront Winter. Elm and Vine quickly get up, grabbing her arms.

Yang: you can't blow it up with Oscar and Ember still in there!

Vine: that creature causes more damage every minute. We cannot wait.

Winter has her back to the others, hiding her pained expression from them. Jaune gets up as well.

Jaune: please, Winter, give us a chance to try to rescue them first!

Týra: think about this—you have no clue what lies inside that creature. Send us in there first, so we can remove any obstacles in your path while we find our friends.

Marrow: you want to go inside that thing alone?

Týra: yes.

Yang: wouldn't you do it for Elm? Harriet? Vine?

Elm: we don't let feelings get in the way of making the right call. Trading five lives for two is stupid.

Dean: they're kids, you dumbass! You're really going to let them die, especially since they're our most valuable teammates?

Harriet: (gets up from her seat and scoffs) you're really naive. Feelings don't matter, the job matters. When you lose someone on your team, you move on. Besides, those power should be in better hand. So, if she dies—

That was a mistake as Dean suddenly goes Sin Devil Trigger, breaks the restraints, grabs Harriet by the neck, and slams her in the chair with enough force to nearly break it. Everyone looks shocked, and Harriet was now struggling to breath as she's looking at the devil in the eye.

Dean SDT: finish that sentence, and I'll rip your spine and skull right through your ass.

Týra: (grab his shoulder) Dean, that's enough! You need to calm down.

Dean SDT: stay out of this, Týra!

Týra: no, I won't!

Without even triggering her own semblance, she forces him to let go, and is glaring at him.

Týra: you're angry and confused, and you have every right to be. But by doing this, you're being exactly what Salem would want you to be. Do you really think Kyrie or Eva would be proud of this?

Dean SDT: you're going that low? Why?

Týra: because regardless of what you might say, Kyrie's the one who raised you, and you pushed me to get your ass on track! You've been too quick to temper, stubborn, and out of control! You will honor your family, and abandon this path, boy! It is not too late.

No one dared to say a word as these two overpowered friends were arguing. However, Týra's words reached Dean as he deactivated his form, and looks back up at her. (A/N: Yes, she's taller then him. In fact, she's the tallest out of everyone)

Harriet: (stands while holding her neck) well, even if you don't admit it, when a teammate dies you replace them. Like Marrow replaced Tortuga and Winter replaced-

Ren: (leaps to his feet) no! No one is replaceable.

Ren's eyes widen as he stares at Harriet. Surrounding her are red flower petals rising up from below like fire. She is glowering at him, incensed.

Ren: you don't really believe that. You are furious about losing Clover, and you, you miss him.

Harriet' briefly lets her surprise show, but her expression quickly reverts to anger.

Harriet: you don't know anything about me!

Ren glances at Marrow, who is surrounded by blue petals slowly falling like snow. Elm has rising red and yellow petals surrounding her, and Vine has green petals swirling gently around him. Ren finally looks down at himself. Pink petals gently fall toward his feet.

Ren: that's why you lost against Team DVNT. You, you try to fight how you feel about each other, so you'll never truly work as a team.

Mimir: well, that and the fact those three are OP.

Elm lets go of Yang to rage at Ren. The red and yellow petals are still rising up around her.

Elm: shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!

She pulls her fist back to strike Ren before Winter steps between them.

Winter: everyone, calm down.

She takes a moment to study her prisoners' expressions.

Dean: well?

Winter: fine. We will drop you as close as we can to the monster.

Harriet: you can't be serious. They're fugitives and traitors!

Winter turns toward Harriet with cold indifference.

Winter: I outrank you.

Harriet's eyes widen in surprise before she relents, growling indignantly.

Winter: if you aren't out in time, we drop the payload. No matter what.

Marrow turns back to face the windscreen, uncomfortable.

Jaune: we understand.

Týra: do what you have to. We'll find them.

The Manta touches down on the outskirts of Atlas. As its hatch opens, Winter deactivates the Gravity Bolas tied around Yang and Ren's wrists. The latter approaches Marrow, who is standing guard by the door.

Ren: you don't like this either. In fact, you don't want to be a part of it at all anymore.

Marrow's expression falls. He seems to steel himself, and lowers his gun.

Marrow: I... I have a job to do, and I'm going to do it.

He heads for the cockpit area. Yang uses the blast from her gauntlets to leap off the ship, and Jaune tosses Ren his guns before drawing his own sword and shield, then leaping onto the plains. Dean readies his Balrog before running off, and Týra readying her Blades of Chaos while charging in the fight. Winter watches them as they leave, her expression stony.

Ren: I know you don't, either.

Winter, in Ren's eyes, has rising red and yellow, swirling green, and falling blue petals surrounding her as she fixes Ren with an indifferent stare.

After Ren leaves the ship, her expression betrays her concern. As they run, they suddenly see a familiar van approaching them.

Nico: need a lift?

Dean: Nico? How the hell did you get up here?!

Nico: you can thank Bayonetta for that.

Nero: when we couldn't find you in Mantle, we came up here to find your asses.

Yang: then it's a good thing you did. We need to get into the whale.

Bayonetta: really? Why go into the belly of the beast?

Dean: Oscar and Ember are inside, and the Ace Ops are gonna plant a nuke in that thing to kill it.

Mimir: they gave us some time to find our friends, but if we don't hurry, they'll die.

Nico: then don't just stand there. Hop on!

Agreeing with that, everyone jumps on top the van, and Nico slams on the gas as they drive straight to the monster.

Dean's Thoughts: Ember, Oscar, hang in there. We're coming.

*VALI and NIKKI*

In Schnee Manor, Vali, Dante and the girls, sans Nora, descend the central staircase.

Ruby: wait, what about Qrow and Robyn? Well, maybe if we can get them out of wherever they're being held, they could--

May clutches her forehead in frustration and rounds on the others angrily.

May: no, see, you just don't get it! This is not a situation where everyone wins. Now, you all can come with me to help in Mantle, or I can drop you off near the front lines, if you still want to help Atlas. Your uncle and Robyn can't save us. We have to choose. So choose.

Dante: fine then, you go on your merry way. We'll be in touch.

Ruby, Weiss, and Blake look at each other uneasily. A knock at the door draws everyone's attention, and they draw their weapons, creeping to the door. Weiss opens it cautiously, her eyes widening when she sees who it is.

Weiss: (gasps) Klein!

Klein Sieben stands in the doorway, doctor's bag in hand. He tips his bowler hat.

Klein: Miss Schnee! I heard there was a patient here who needed my help.

Weiss: I, I am so sorry, Klein. It's my fault that Father...

Klein's eyes turn green as he holds his hat to his chest. He seems to develop a stammer.

Klein: please don't worry, my snowflake, it had nothing to do with you.

Klein's eyes turn red as he puts his hat back on his head.

Klein: and everything to do with Jacques.

Klein enters the manor and slams the door shut. Weiss walks him in, sniffling and wiping away her tears as the others put away their weapons.

Weiss: well, that's sweet of you. But wait, how did you know--

Klein blinks, his eyes turning sky blue.

Klein: ah, young Whitley. I'm so glad that you rang! May I please see the patient? I understand it's urgent.

Whitley descends the central staircase.

Whitley: yes, she's in Weiss's room. Just go up the--

Klein: I haven't been gone that long, Master Whitley. I believe I can find it.

Klein pats his hand on Whitley's shoulder before heading up the stairs.

Weiss: you called Klein?

Whitley: that girl needs a doctor. (Turns away from Weiss) I didn't do it for you.

Weiss: I know. That's why it means so much to me.

Whitely gasps as Weiss steps forward to hug him. After some hesitation, he sighs and embraces her back. Vali sees this, and couldn't help but give a small smile as he remembers the promise Weiss made to her mom. Weiss gasps when she and the others hear an explosion from outside.

Weiss: did you call anyone else?

Whitley shakes his head. Ruby opens the door to find a smoking crater in the manor walkway. She, Weiss, Blake, Vali, and Nikki run out to see Penny, crackling with electricity and covered with neon green fluid lying in at the bottom of the crater. Penny catches sight of her friends and weakly reaches out to them.

Penny: I'm... I'm sorry.

Penny collapses as the screen fades black.

Author's note: shit gets real.
I remember when seeing the episode, and when it left on the cliffhanger, that blew my mind. It was from here did I really get into the volume.
Vali and Weiss moment. I wanted to do this again as she once again had to be the voice of reason for him.
Tyra goes papa Kratos. Since her soul is the same as her ancestor's, she's experiencing more of his traits. One of them is being the stern parent when need be.
Dean lost his temper for a moment. I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I wanted Harriet to die at the end of the volume. I understand that she had her reasons, but she annoyed me with her bitchy attitude on the point that I wanted to kill her off in this. But, since she lives next volume, and I honestly don't know how that death would work in this, she'll live.
Oscar tells Hazel the semi-truth. As I said before, there's two questions left, but I'm making sure the villains know that there's only one left. That one will be important to the team. Plus, the fact that Cinder wasted all that knowledge just to learn what they were up to only to find out that they would've told everyone later was stupid.
Klein's back. He's one of my favorite side characters, so I was happy when they brought him back.

Next chapter: more then just a hound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 552 61
Yin Xiao Long, twin of Yang Xiao Long and older brother of Ruby Rose enters Beacon Academy a school that prepares the next generation of Huntsman and...
11.1K 365 57
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...
31.8K 945 16
In Vale, there's a coffee café that serves heavenly drinks and questionably amazing curry that pairs so well with the coffee. Even renowned Headmaste...
8.6K 114 15
A boy bound by his hate for Huntsman and Grimm is offered an once in a lifetime opportunity to become a huntsman. Will he meet new people to call his...