Ghost Of Me - Anakin Skywalke...

By anakin-stop-panakin

The sequel to 'Ghost Of You' - Anakin Skywalker x Reader "If you ever miss me, look at the Sun. Focus on its... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 4

6.8K 233 566
By anakin-stop-panakin

17 BBY

Onboard their unbelievably fast hunk of junk, better known as the Millennium Falcon, (Y/N) and Fives have managed to stay hidden for two years. The Empire still is not aware that either of them is alive, and it needs to stay that way. Their secrecy is their survival.

(Y/N) is awoken from her dreams of hope by the itchy, unsettling feeling of something brushing against her nose. She opens her heavy eyes to reveal a strangely familiar sight. Flying above her face is three glowing blue butterflies.

She experiences painful dreams every night. Most of the time, her mind is plagued by nightmares of Mustafar and the evil her love had turned into. On other nights, her mind is haunted by visions of the life she could have had. Those dreams bring back the memory of the one she loved, and they're almost enough to spark hope into her heart.

Strangely enough, she sees these butterflies whenever she has a dream about the light side of the man she used to love. That's the only time they ever appear, and she can confidently say she has not encountered them outside of her ship. 

While their origin is a mystery, she cannot deny the comforting feeling they bring her. Somehow, they make her heart feel less broken, and her soul more at peace. They're like a beacon of hope through the darkest time of her life.

"How in the universe do butterflies even get inside this ship?" (Y/N) groans, assuming Fives is still in the bunk below her.

When no answer comes, (Y/N) forces herself out of the top bunk in the quarters she and Fives share. When she gets to the bottom, she realises her brother is no longer in the space with her. Given that they're travelling through the galaxy on the same ship, he could not have gone far.

She slowly changes into her usual attire before leaving the emptiness of the quarters. There was a time in her life when she loved lounging around in her bed all day. During these times, she is desperate for any sort of distraction from her feelings. 

(Y/N) makes her way through the empty ship, doing her best to clear her mind. The further her mind gets from her dreams, the more the butterflies seem to fade. Their presence is something she cannot explain, nor can she understand.

When she reaches the cockpit, she sees that Fives has set the ship onto a new course. The two of them had not discussed where their newest destination would be, which indicates that something must have come up.

"Where are we heading?" She asks, sitting down in the co-pilot seat beside him. 

"Coruscant," Fives replies, not allowing his eyes to meet hers.

(Y/N)'s heart almost stops beating. She hasn't stepped foot on the planet since Order 66, and up until this very moment, she had planned to avoid Coruscant for the rest of her life.

"Why?" She croaks.

"We received an encrypted message. Someone in the lower levels is looking for the owner of the Millennium Falcon," Fives explains.

"Then shouldn't we be ignoring it?" (Y/N) asks.

Her question seems logical, and it is. (Y/N) and Fives are both supposed to be dead. They've worked too hard to remain hidden for these past two years. By actively seeking out the person who sent this strange transmission, they are essentially giving up their lives. 

"We need to see who it is. Someone could need our help," Fives says, showing her that his heart is still pure despite the galaxy's darkness. 

"Unless it's The Empire," (Y/N) shudders.

(Y/N) had lost almost everyone she had ever loved during the formation of The Empire. Since that awful day, she knows countless other Jedi would have lost their lives. 

She has never been the type of person to show fear toward anything. Her bravery is what made her such a strong, impactful General in the Clone Wars. When it comes to The Empire, however, she is absolutely terrified. 

"If The Empire knew where we were, we'd be dead already," He reminds her.

Given the fact that she is...was...Darth Vader's greatest weakness, Palpatine would have every stormtrooper at his disposal searching for her right now if he thought she was alive. They would not send a subtle message, no, they would rain down hellfire.

"You're right," She admits. "Do you have any idea who it could be?"

"No, but we're about to find out," He stands up from his seat and moves past (Y/N). "I have to rewire the communication frequencies within this ship before we land. We can't risk someone else tracking the ship here."

(Y/N)'s mind should be fully focused on the potential threat waiting for them on Coruscant, but she can't focus on that. Since the appearance of the butterflies, her mind has been trapped in the past.

"Fives," (Y/N) calls out.

He turns back to (Y/N), responding to her request for him.

"Do you think he will ever find his way back to me?" She asks, keeping her eyes trained on the floor. 

Fives hangs his head a little out of sorrow. (Y/N) always tries so hard to appear okay on the surface. He couldn't count the number of times that he has accidentally walked in on her crying. Of course, she would always wipe away the tears and force a smile on her face. She tries hard to hide her pain, and for the most part, she does a great job at it.

"I believe it's the galaxy's will for you to be together," He states.

"That doesn't really answer the question," She points out.

In the two years since Anakin fell to the dark side, the faith Fives had in his return to the light has faded a little. Deep down, he truly believes that the love Anakin and (Y/N) shared will, at some stage, break through the manipulation of Darth Sidious. 

"Look, I've put my faith in the wrong people for my entire life. I trusted Chancellor Palpatine to do what was right. I trusted the Kaminoans with my brother, Tup, when his inhibitor chip was malfunctioning. Worst of all, I trusted The Republic to believe me when I was trying to save the Jedi," He pauses, taking a moment to reflect on the pain of his past. "After every betrayal, there is one thing I will always trust. That's General Skywalker's love for you. Palpatine is in his head, but you will eventually break him free."

It takes a moment for (Y/N) to process what Fives said. He would never lie to her about something like that; it isn't in his nature. In her heart, she is hopeful that he is right. 

Fives takes the opportunity to reroute the communications channel, leaving (Y/N) alone with her thoughts.

She hasn't returned to Coruscant since the beginning of Order 66. Up until this morning, she had never intended to go back there. There's too much pain and darkness on Coruscant; now more than ever before. The place that was the heart of democracy is now the centre of tyranny.

When Fives finishes modifying the communication frequencies, he and (Y/N) work together to lower the ship through the atmosphere of Coruscant. They go over their plan together in much more detail than they usually do: (Y/N) will go deep into the lower levels to find the mysterious contact and she will wear an earpiece and a small camera as added safety, just so Fives and Arthree can guide her as best as they can.

Upon landing the ship, (Y/N) wastes no time in preparing herself for the task at hand. She has to face the unknown here today, and that scares her more than she'd like to admit. It makes her miss the times when she used to tackle every obstacle with her Co-General at her side. 

"Are you sure you're ready to do this?" Fives asks

"I have a lot of memories here, but I can handle it. I'm not the same person that I used to be," She says.

Fives is well aware of how much his friend has changed since the fall of The Republic. The girl who once carried hope in her eyes and love in her heart died when Anakin Skywalker did. She is still kind, loyal, and brave, only she doesn't trust the galaxy anymore. She is more cautious and less confident in her abilities. 

"Arthree," (Y/N) calls.

The yellow astromech hurries to the ramp of the ship, eager to hear what her master needs.

"I need you to stay here. Fives is going to need your help with directing me around this place," She says to her droid.

Arthree displays her willingness to help her friend by beeping with as much enthusiasm as a droid can manage. Her eager attitude tells both (Y/N) and Fives that this mission will run smoothly. 

After giving the two of them an uncertain nod, (Y/N) steps out of the ship and lifts the hood of her jacket over her head. Her face was well known in these parts not so long ago. If even one person recognises her, it's game over for them.

(Y/N) follows the directions delivered through her comlink by Arthree, sinking further and further into the depths of the lower levels of Coruscant.

The Lower Levels were bad during the time of The Republic, yet somehow, they have gotten worse. The streets are dirtier, the people lurk deeper within the shadows, and spine chilling cries for help echo through the streets.

"Are you seeing this?" She asks Fives through the commlink, hoping her camera is picking up what horrific environment. 

She knows The Republic and the Jedi Order failed the people of the lower levels in a lot of ways. Their focus was always on other systems and planets, never on the people located in the heart of their democracy. That being said, it cannot be denied that things have worsened in the Empire's rule.

"I didn't think the lower levels of Coruscant could get any shadier than they were during the Clone Wars," Fives remarks through the commlink. 

This area is all too familiar to (Y/N). She remembers the various missions she and her Co-General had in these parts during the Clone Wars. None of those missions brings back fond memories these days. She was manipulated into fighting a war where the only true winner would be Darth Sidious.

As the crowds start to thicken, (Y/N) comes to realise that she is nearing a cantina. If there's one thing she has learned during her time on the run, it's that everything seems to come together while inside a cantina.

"The Black Spire?" (Y/N) reads the title of the neon sign.

She hears Arthree whirr in response, confirming that she is in the right place. It is a little unsettling for a fugitive of The Empire to be entering a place undoubtedly filled with bounty hunters, but (Y/N) has always been known for her reckless bravery.

"Just go inside and blend in. Arthree and I will figure out who we're looking for," Fives tells her.

"Ah, yes, a former Jedi will blend in really well in these parts," She responds sarcastically. 

She pulls her hood further down over her face before confidently walking through the cantina doors. In any other setting, she would do her best to remain unassuming and quiet. In a cantina, however, the quieter you are, the more suspicious you seem.

(Y/N) walks straight up to the bar and takes a seat on one of the creaky stools. If she's going to get through this, she is going to need a little help.

"I'll take a double of the strongest thing you've got," She tells the person behind the counter, placing an imperial credit on the benchtop before her.

The worker instantly grabs the credit and hastily makes her a drink. Money has always been scarce for the people in the lower levels, and (Y/N) knows that. If she wants to get anywhere in this place, she needs to fulfil their desires.

The bartender places the drink in front of (Y/N), who wastes no time in taking a sip. The liquor is strong, far stronger than anything she's had before. The drink leaves a warm, fire-like sensation within her, making her feel like the girl she used to be.

"Well, what have we here?" A stranger says, taking a seat beside her.

If (Y/N) had a credit for every time a drunk person had approached her in a cantina, money would never be an issue for her again. There always seems to be one drunk man or woman who is looking for more than she would give them.

"Look, buddy, I'm really not interested," She says, not taking her eyes from her glass of hard liquor.

"Oh, but I am," He growls. "It's not every day that you see a dead woman walking."

The cold, unpleasant feeling of metal pokes her skin through her light layers of clothing. Shivers are sent down her spine as she realises what the object is. The man is holding a blaster to her, and if she doesn't cooperate, she knows he will fire.

She picks up her drink to take another sip, appearing unalarmed by the threat, "I don't know what kind of thing you're into, but this isn't my idea of a good time."

"I would pull this trigger right now if it weren't for the Empire's conditions. You see, they want all Jedi bounties brought in alive. That includes you, (Y/N) (Y/L/N)," He sneers, pushing the blaster harder against her.

In the times of The Republic, (Y/N) learned how to sweet talk her way out of things. She was always a shy and awkward girl, that was until a certain Jedi Master and his Padawan entered her life when she was nineteen. Everything she knows in that area, she learned from them.

"And what makes you think I am a Jedi?" She asks, keeping her eyes focused on her drink.

"I lived here on Coruscant during the Clone Wars. I saw your face everywhere alongside Anakin Skywalker," He says, inching himself closer to her.

Her brave front shatters at the sound of his name. She hasn't heard anyone utter his name since The Republic fell. She even tries to censor his name from her mind entirely. He is her greatest weakness, and even hearing his name is tearing her apart inside. 

"Get up," He demands.

This isn't the first time her life has been threatened, and she knows it won't be the last. Luckily, her time as a General of arguably the most reckless legion in the Clone Wars has taught her how to handle such a situation.

Fives frantically speaks to her through the earpiece, but she does her best to ignore it. She wasn't prepared for this, but she will work it out. After years of being trapped in unbelievably dangerous situations, she refuses to die at the hands of a bounty hunter.

He forces her to go through the back door of the cantina, taking them to a dark alleyway. During this time, (Y/N) decides she needs to find out more about this bounty hunter, such as why he wanted to find her so desperately.

"I have to say, I'm impressed by the trouble you went to for this. Tracking my ship must not have been easy," She remarks with a condescending tone of voice. 

"I didn't track your ship," He lifts his blaster to her chest. "Your precious Jedi Order ruined the lives of the people in the lower levels. Your actions favoured politics over innocent people! I have searched these levels every single day, finding as many Jedi as I can. You wouldn't believe how many I've found."

Resentment toward this man builds in (Y/N)'s heart. Like so many others, he turned on the Jedi. They had sacrificed everything to aid The Republic during the Clone Wars, and this is the way the galaxy thanked them. The people hunted them down, as though their lives meant nothing.

It isn't until she calms the waves of anger inside her that she realises what he said; he didn't track the ship. If it wasn't him, that means someone else is looking for her. 

"We were only ever meant to be peacekeepers," She reminds him, hoping to talk him down. "Our job was to protect the people who couldn't protect themselves."

"Peacekeepers," He scoffs. "I almost won't mind losing credits from The Empire when I bring you in cold."

Now is the only chance she has for an attack. If she could still wield the Force, she would simply push him back hard enough to knock him unconscious. Without her old powers, her options right now are limited.

She can't use her blaster, that would take too much time. She can't even use her own lightsaber, for she left that weapon on Mustafar to burn.

A realisation hits her, though she wishes it hadn't. Hidden within the inner pouch of her jacket is another weapon. It is the Graflex-style lightsaber that once belonged to someone very special to her. She keeps the lightsaber on her every day in memory of him, but she has not dared to use it. Using the weapon that belonged to him was always deemed to be far too painful. 

Her hand reaches for the lightsaber in the pouch and she grips it tightly. After taking a deep breath, she pulls the lightsaber out and ignites the brilliant blade. She may not be a Jedi anymore, but she could not deny how elegant the weapon is.

The blue light of the blade illuminates the terrified face of the bounty hunter before her. (Y/N) knows that striking him down is the only way to secure her own safety, but she won't do it. Embracing darkness is what caused her family to fall apart, and she will never go down that path herself.

In her brief moment of hesitation, the bounty hunter raises the blaster to her head. She doesn't have any time to react before a trigger is pulled and a blaster is fired.

She closes her eyes in anticipation of the impact, but it doesn't come. Instead, she hears a loud thud against the hard ground of the alleyway.

When (Y/N) opens her eyes, she sees the bounty hunter dead on the ground with a smoking blaster wound to his back. Someone killed him, and it was either to save her or to receive the bounty on her head for themselves.

Her rational side tells her to deactivate the lightsaber and sink into the shadows, but she refuses to. She rather decides to hold the weapon up to illuminate her surroundings.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)!" A nearby voice beams. "See, I told you I was best friends with a Jedi!"

The voice belonging to her rescuer is familiar. She heard it countless times during the Clone Wars, and she somehow knew she would hear it again during the Empire's reign.

She shakes her head in disbelief as the figure and his two accomplices step into the light created by the lightsaber.

"Hondo Ohnaka," (Y/N) chuckles as she deactivates the lightsaber. "I should've known you were tracking my ship."

The pirate always regarded (Y/N) (Y/L/N) and Obi-Wan Kenobi very highly. His attachment to them didn't make sense a lot of the time, considering the two of them were usually trying to stop his shady business operations. Regardless of the past, it is comforting to see a familiar face.

"Come, my friend," he puts a hand on her shoulder, "we have much to discuss." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 78 20
this is a luke skywalker x reader because why not and like he's hot as fuck and I know I'm not the only one who's attracted to him when he was younge...
46.3K 872 37
❣︎"ɪᴛ's ᴛᴏᴏ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!"❣︎ ❣︎ "ɪᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ." ❣︎ DO NOT READ THIS BOOK UNTIL YOU HAVE READ: �...
166K 4.6K 25
A princess in disguise and a young slave boy. Both destined to be more. What will happen when they meet? All rights go to Disney and Lucasfilm. I onl...
4K 94 15
The journey of Luna, the rest of the Skywalkers, and their friends through the craziness that is this galaxy. Hardships and troubles are what build e...